PDA

View Full Version : Who's been to the Trinity this year?

ravencrew
07-24-2007, 07:19 AM
We just got back from Cedar Stock! That is one hell of a good time. Not the best place to run an aluminum river boat, But fun none the less!!! So how many people have been to the Trinity Lake in Northern California? What were some of your experiences?:idea:

yopengo
07-24-2007, 08:29 AM
Looks like most of us stick to Havasu and the River....:D

fatboy95
07-24-2007, 08:45 AM
We just got back from Cedar Stock! That is one hell of a good time. Not the best place to run an aluminum river boat, But fun none the less!!! So how many people have been to the Trinity Lake in Northern California? What were some of your experiences?:idea:
You have more water down south. Trinity will be low and out of commission in a couple of weeks plus it's small and can't handle crowds like Havasu. Soon some launch ramps will be closed and the blue/green algae will hit. Good idea is to stay away.

ravencrew
07-24-2007, 09:56 AM
Would love to go to Havasu but just to far away from are area!! The Blue/Green already has hit some of the lakes already!! That stuff is not only bad for you and your pets it's highly toxic too!!!!!!!!

billet racing 1
07-24-2007, 10:16 AM
I've always liked Trinity. Stay and Wintoon Resort. Much quieter than Shasta. Sights are beautiful. Some of the crowd has an annual trip there. Coordinated by Rocket J I beleive.
Jerry

boat boy
07-24-2007, 11:41 AM
Used to go up and camp at Wintoon every year for a week when the boy was younger, made 4 or 5 trips up there. Took 14 hrs from Ontario, CA. If I could turn the clock back I'd do it again in a heart beat. Couple of times left our day camp and would drive up the road to some alpine lake, had a short walk but worth every minute it took.

fatboy95
07-24-2007, 11:51 AM
I've always liked Trinity. Stay and Wintoon Resort. Much quieter than Shasta. Sights are beautiful. Some of the crowd has an annual trip there. Coordinated by Rocket J I beleive.
Jerry
Wyntoon was just bought out by KOA. Now it is going to get highly commercial and nationally promoted. Next year it will look like a small town. If you like to camp there are a lot of places.

ravencrew
07-24-2007, 01:47 PM
We plan on staying at the Trinty Alps Resort next year! All kinds of things to do at that resort. Lots of stuff for the kids and just a 1/4 mile away from the lake. They have everything from tennis courts to horse rides into the alps. For the kids they have their own private swimming hole with no current from the river. Lot of history in that area also. Plus there are only 30 minutes from Shasta Lake, 10 minutes from Lewiston Lake, And less that 5 minutes from Trinty lake!!! How funny I grew up in Ontario Ca. Now I live in the land of trees, and blue/green waters of the Wild Rivers Coast.