PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle accicent

DDV71
07-24-2007, 11:55 AM
I was hit on my harley about six weeks ago while riding on the 10 frwy. by the pomona fairgrounds area.The driver of the suv lost control while trying to do a lane change from the diamond lane into #1 lane almost hitting a car ,he jurked back hard left ,hit the center "k" rail came across and hit me in lane #2 At this point I was knocked out,two people said they saw what happened and that I left the bike ,continued across lanes #3&#4 coming to rest along side the frwy.His suv, when I came to, was about four ft. away from me and his truck was a total.My bike was about 100yds.down the frwy.from me,when I saw the bike it seemed to be a total.After $13,000.00 in repairs I get it back Wed. The insurance co. representing him has only made contact with me one time after we called and written them.We now are getting a lawer,anyone out there have an idea what "pain and suffering" might be worth in a case like this?

Captain Dan
07-24-2007, 12:00 PM
How much pain and suffering did you endure? Were you injured?

yopengo
07-24-2007, 12:09 PM
Sorry about your accident. Be thankful you are alive. Hopefully no serious injuries. :eek:

WYRD
07-24-2007, 12:20 PM
good rule of thumb 20% more than the total of the hospital bill

driverno8
07-24-2007, 12:21 PM
Glad you're ok but this is the exact reason I sold my Harley.

DILLIGAF
07-24-2007, 12:26 PM
I went thru this a few years back. Contact Steve Schiparo of Shiparo-Gilman in Santa Ana. They handle motorcycle accidents and got me a pretty good chunk of change. I had a semi run me off the road and try to flee.
Anyhow....check your PM

Big Warlock
07-24-2007, 12:30 PM
I was hit on my harley about six weeks ago while riding on the 10 frwy. by the pomona fairgrounds area.The driver of the suv lost control while trying to do a lane change from the diamond lane into #1 lane almost hitting a car ,he jurked back hard left ,hit the center "k" rail came across and hit me in lane #2 At this point I was knocked out,two people said they saw what happened and that I left the bike ,continued across lanes #3&#4 coming to rest along side the frwy.His suv, when I came to, was about four ft. away from me and his truck was a total.My bike was about 100yds.down the frwy.from me,when I saw the bike it seemed to be a total.After $13,000.00 in repairs I get it back Wed. The insurance co. representing him has only made contact with me one time after we called and written them.We now are getting a lawer,anyone out there have an idea what "pain and suffering" might be worth in a case like this?
Honestly:
I am having trouble getting past the fact that this is your 11th post and you have been on this board for a month and this post shows up??? You're looking for legal advice from this group? You may have more problems than you're letting on. :eek:

Mandelon
07-24-2007, 12:36 PM
Honestly:
I am having trouble getting past the fact that this is your 11th post and you have been on this board for a month and this post shows up??? You're looking for legal advice from this group? You may have more problems than you're letting on. :eek:
What are saying BW?
Is this guy messed up? Before the accident he could spell, used proper syntax and perfect use of grammar. Look at him now, of course he's got problems............( Just Kidding ) :D
Sounds like a lawyer is the right call for sure! They'll help get the amounts figured out.

Big Warlock
07-24-2007, 12:43 PM
What are saying BW?
Is this guy messed up? Before the accident he could spell, used proper syntax and perfect use of grammar. Look at him now, of course he's got problems............( Just Kidding ) :D
Sounds like a lawyer is the right call for sure! They'll help get the amounts figured out.
I'm saying this is a tough crowd and not exactly the place to go for legal advice! :D Maybe an attorney is a better route to take.
Even being on here a month one should have that figured out. :eek:

MADDOG355
07-24-2007, 12:45 PM
Glad you're ok but this is the exact reason I sold my Harley.
2 kinds of bikers, Those that have been down and those that are going down!
I sold mine due to back problems. But the more I think about all my close calls, That most likely saved my life.

Mandelon
07-24-2007, 12:45 PM
Yes, I see what you mean, but overall I think most folks get decent advice.....after they weed through the smartass comments, and me too stories..... :D

DDV71
07-24-2007, 12:55 PM
Yes, I see what you mean, but overall I think most folks get decent advice.....after they weed through the smartass comments, and me too stories..... :D
Please forget I posted here,just thought I would try it,P.S. I broke my collar bone in three places on my left side.I will not be posting again.

Mandelon
07-24-2007, 01:02 PM
Don't get your undies in a bunch. Some good natured ribbing is the soul of this group. sheesh.
You need a lawyer for sure. Find one who specializes in injury accidents. And not some joker off the side of a bus.. 222-2222 if you know what I mean.
How about Bill Handel's website...he probably screens his referrals pretty well.
http://www.handelonthelaw.com

MADDOG355
07-24-2007, 01:04 PM
Please forget I posted here,just thought I would try it,P.S. I broke my collar bone in three places on my left side.I will not be posting again.
I hope you people are happy, Done went and ran off another newbie :rolleyes: .
:D :D :D :D :D

RiverToysJas
07-24-2007, 01:06 PM
Don't get your undies in a bunch.
:idea: I don't know, just the fact that he wears undies shows that he doesn't fit in! ;)
RTJas :D

Mandelon
07-24-2007, 01:28 PM
I hope you people are happy, Done went and ran off another newbie :rolleyes: .
D :D :D :D :D
Geez, I just treated him like a regular and he got all grouchy and shit....:confused:

mobldj
07-24-2007, 01:38 PM
dont let these other self richeous a holes drive you away,hell they probably own a bayliner(i can say that cuz i have) with a force 50 on the back,thier avatar is a lie.ballers my ass,"come into the light,all are welcome,all are welcome,there is peace in the light"(poltergiest)

Mandelon
07-24-2007, 01:45 PM
Hah, my Bayliner had a Force 85 on it.........:D

HokeySon
07-24-2007, 01:52 PM
good rule of thumb 20% more than the total of the hospital bill
You have a vey short thumb!!! The rule used to be 3x meds in the good old days. Now, with computerized adjusting, that would be a complete home run. Still, 20% is low I think. Where did you get that number?
Question for the Original Poster: Why are you asking about the value of the case here? Do you have a lawyer already (you said you were getting one)? If so, what does he/she say it is worth?

WishIknew
07-24-2007, 02:19 PM
:sqeyes: Everybody is what can i get what can i get Get your ass up and go back to living life This why we all pay through the nose on insurance . Bet if you fell watersking you wouldn't be WHAT CAN I GET.:sqeyes:

ULTRA26 # 1
07-24-2007, 02:44 PM
Somewhere between 2 to 2 1/2 the amount of your medical treatment bills for basic soft tissue injuries. If any permanent scaring, broken bones or permanent injuries, much more, within the limits of the at fault party's insurance and/or the limits of your under- insured motorist coverage.
John M
PS Computerized adjusting isn't legal in CA

Captain Dan
07-24-2007, 02:57 PM
Why should there be any $$ for pain and suffering at all, unless there was negligence or wrongdoing?
From what I read, this was an accident, pure and simple, (at least from the information provided). A mistake was made with one person surrounded by steel, the other on a bike. The person on the bike had injuries commensurate with the risk that person was willing to take by operating such a vehicle on the freeway.
The extortion of each other's insurance company is what we will all get to pay for.

HokeySon
07-24-2007, 03:55 PM
PS Computerized adjusting isn't legal in CA
Yeah ... poor choice of words on my part ... I was referring to the "databases" that "predict" a "range" or "guide" for a "reasonable settlement amount" based upon "similar accidents." Perfectly legal, unless something has changed drastically in the last two years since I stopped representing insurance companies.

HokeySon
07-24-2007, 03:57 PM
Why should there be any $$ for pain and suffering at all, unless there was negligence or wrongdoing?
From what I read, this was an accident, pure and simple, (at least from the information provided). A mistake was made with one person surrounded by steel, the other on a bike. The person on the bike had injuries commensurate with the risk that person was willing to take by operating such a vehicle on the freeway.
The extortion of each other's insurance company is what we will all get to pay for.
Losing control while changing lanes sounds negligent to me.

Biglue
07-24-2007, 04:02 PM
This guy fits somebody else's M.O. :idea:
If I'm mistaken, good luck with your case.