PDA

View Full Version : Schiada DayCrusier 22' V-Drive 1974

gqchris
02-18-2006, 07:35 PM
Hey Guys,
My buddy just had me list his 22' Schiada finally on Ebay, he is looking to get rid of it to buy a Cat. It is minus engine, but all the hardware and v-drive and tranny is there.
Heres the link:
Schiada on Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4614882602)
I got a ton of pics on there so please check it out if you are interested. I think the reserve is at 8k, but if you like this boat, please make an offer, each reasonble one will be considered! PM me!
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b377/gqchris/SchiadaPics025.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b377/gqchris/SchiadaPics027.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b377/gqchris/SchiadaPics001.jpg

Highlimit9000
02-18-2006, 09:27 PM
Chris, I sent you an E-Mail...

gqchris
02-18-2006, 09:47 PM
10-4 Ill check it out :cool:

TMoney
02-18-2006, 10:26 PM
Chris- I sent you a PM. I'm very interested.

gqchris
02-22-2006, 08:38 AM
Sold!

dmontzsta
02-22-2006, 09:26 AM
So who is the lucky new owner? who I think it is? :)

Schiada Time
02-22-2006, 09:44 AM
Hooking her to my truck on Friday.

dmontzsta
02-22-2006, 09:50 AM
Nice! Congrats Travis. Welcome to the V-Drive family. :)
Schiada is a VERY nice boat, they are built STRONG. That thing can handle the ocean chop and then go run on the river without clogging it. When is the maiden voyage?

Schiada Time
02-22-2006, 09:55 AM
As soon as I purchase power, drop it in, plumb it all up, and give it a color sand and buff. Trailer is probably gonna need tires as well. I'm stoked.

Beautiful Noise
02-22-2006, 09:56 AM
ConGrats Travis :) .............What Motor are you going to be putting in it?

dmontzsta
02-22-2006, 09:57 AM
As soon as I purchase power, drop it in, plumb it all up, and give it a color sand and buff. Trailer is probably gonna need tires as well. I'm stoked.
I thought it had a chevy in it? heck, in that case drop the ole 501 BBF in that bad boy. :)

Hallett
02-22-2006, 10:00 AM
Hey travis way to go congrats on your new schiada
i know you have wanted one for a long time. looks
great buddy. talk to you soon . :)

gqchris
02-22-2006, 10:24 AM
Travis congrats on the boat, Tony said you are a stand up guy and he is stoked its going to a Schiada family. You gotta keep us posted on the restore:)

dmontzsta
02-22-2006, 10:46 AM
Travis congrats on the boat, Tony said you are a stand up guy and he is stoked its going to a Schiada family. You gotta keep us posted on the restore:)
Now sell him a truck to go with it.
:)

gqchris
02-22-2006, 10:56 AM
Now sell him a truck to go with it.
:)
I am hoping both you and him Dmontzsta :)
I delivered a King ranch F-350 to a ***boat member last night and I am hoping I dont get called into "the mans" office this afternoon for what we let it go at!!
:cool:

dmontzsta
02-22-2006, 11:17 AM
I delivered a King ranch F-350 to a ***boat member last night and I am hoping I dont get called into "the mans" office this afternoon for what we let it go at!!
hehe. I wish you luck dude. I have your number in my wallet. I have been looking for someone that works for Ford, to refer people to. I just bought an Expedition last year, so I am locked in for a bit, although your F150 deal was TEMPTING! my wife talked me out of it. :)
I got a contact from a friend of a friend, so I sent my partner down to buy a new 06' Stang GT off her. I think he paid $30k out the door $27k retail. Which was pretty good. We actually went to Grody and they had them only with 20" wheels and the "bling" package. :) so he passed it up, they wanted like $38k. I wish I would have known you then. Also, Roland the Fisherman bought a actual GT from Ford or Orange, too bad you werent around for that. It would have been a score for you.
You will definately hear from me soon, my friend is going to pull the trigger on a F250 or F350, he is just really busy with his new house he is building that he has no down time to go trade his truck in and get a new one. :)

Schiada Time
02-22-2006, 11:30 AM
Thanks guys! I am really excited. Have known the Spindlers for years since I was a tiny kid and grew up in A Schiada family. She is getting a good home. Now time to sell my Hallett. Anyone? Anyone?

Squirtin Thunder
02-22-2006, 11:39 AM
Please pm me an actual #, the one listed is not avalable from my area.
Thank you
Jim

gqchris
02-22-2006, 12:40 PM
Please pm me an actual #, the one listed is not avalable from my area.
Thank you
Jim
Squirtin sent ya a PM

Schiada Time
02-22-2006, 04:49 PM
GQ Chris- Thanks for all your leg work on the boat. I plan to color sand and buff it to bring the gel luster back, run a white tape pinstripe around the edge of the woodgrain to put a little more white back into the program, have the fiancee scrub the daylights out of the interior, drop in a fresh 502 c.i. BBC, install a fresh 3-blade prop, clean up the rudder, install some new exhaust bezels, a new steering wheel and control lever and run it! The interior is in great shape but down the line a few seasons I would like to do two traditional buckets and a bench seat in the rear. with a flat engine hatch all the way across I also plan to upgrade the audio a little (something good for crankingThe Eagles) and put a little work into the trailer. The trailer for now will probably get some old school baby moons, a re-pack on the bearings, and some fresh rubber. Eventually I would like to lift the boat off and sandblast it, re-paint it, pinstripe it with paint, re-wire it, install new lights, and put the boat back on. I am going to go polishing crazy on that rear cavitation plate. Hopefully the gauges are in good functioning shape and I can run those for a few seasons as they look original and go with the boats classic demeanor. A bimini top and custom cover are also in its future but I am getting a great start. Thanks again man.

dmontzsta
02-22-2006, 04:54 PM
Sounds like a happy man here. :)
I am very happy for you Travis. I love it Schiada 21' V-Drive Cruiser would be my next purchase! :D

gqchris
02-22-2006, 05:09 PM
GQ Chris- Thanks for all your leg work on the boat. I plan to color sand and buff it to bring the gel luster back, run a white tape pinstripe around the edge of the woodgrain to put a little more white back into the program, have the fiancee scrub the daylights out of the interior, drop in a fresh 502 c.i. BBC, install a fresh 3-blade prop, clean up the rudder, install some new exhaust bezels, a new steering wheel and control lever and run it! The interior is in great shape but down the line a few seasons I would like to do two traditional buckets and a bench seat in the rear. with a flat engine hatch all the way across I also plan to upgrade the audio a little (something good for crankingThe Eagles) and put a little work into the trailer. The trailer for now will probably get some old school baby moons, a re-pack on the bearings, and some fresh rubber. Eventually I would like to lift the boat off and sandblast it, re-paint it, pinstripe it with paint, re-wire it, install new lights, and put the boat back on. I am going to go polishing crazy on that rear cavitation plate. Hopefully the gauges are in good functioning shape and I can run those for a few seasons as they look original and go with the boats classic demeanor. A bimini top and custom cover are also in its future but I am getting a great start. Thanks again man.
Hey No Problem Travis, Tony is actually one of my best friends, and I was out last year in the boat and had a blast! Tons of compliments and it was a great ride, even in the holiday chop.
The gauges all worked when I was in it last, so I wouldnt sweat that.
Yea I think a good color sand and buff will bring her back to life. We planned on doing it last year and just never had enough time!
One thing I used on my boats interior that you may try is Soft Scrub , then I use the Mr Clean Magic Erasers. Those thinsg take off the most stubborn of stains.
I think you will be pleased once a weekend of clean up is done and you see what really of a gem is hiding under there:)

Highlimit9000
02-22-2006, 06:27 PM
Sold!
Not to be a rotten egg, but Tony the owner promised me he would take highest bid as he had 3 parties interested. I never got notified. Thats pretty @$%#@% up! Oh well...What did you end up gettin it for, just wondered where my bid would have been? Good luck with the New Schiada!

Schiada Time
02-24-2006, 09:31 AM
Corleon- You have your Schiada. Please let me have mine without being upset you didn't get it. As for what I paid for the boat I think that is entirely my business.

gqchris
02-24-2006, 01:28 PM
Corleon- You have your Schiada. Please let me have mine without being upset you didn't get it. As for what I paid for the boat I think that is entirely my business.
That was going to be my response also, the price is between Travis and Tony.

dmontzsta
02-24-2006, 01:40 PM
gqchris, I sent you a PM.

gqchris
02-24-2006, 02:22 PM
gqchris, I sent you a PM.
Hit ya back Don in PM.