PDA

View Full Version : My fat ass is trying

a catered life
07-25-2007, 09:50 PM
tonight officially marks the second week on walking on the threadmill for at least 30 minutes....dam i feel like i sweating gravy:D lowfat, low sodium gravy:)

socalmoney
07-25-2007, 09:52 PM
What tredmill did you get. I need one.

MR HARLEY
07-25-2007, 09:52 PM
I hear ya, been running a couple miles daily now for the past couple weeks, I feel great, and I hope it pays off. ;)

a catered life
07-25-2007, 09:55 PM
What tredmill did you get. I need one.
got a old one we have had it for a few years just never used it until the doctor kept telling me bad news:(
you can find some good deal at the second chance sports place or even better go to the costo/sears outlet center in monrovia half price and brand new

socalmoney
07-25-2007, 10:02 PM
I want to hook it up to my TV so it won't turn on unless I am on that thing walking or running.

a catered life
07-25-2007, 10:07 PM
I want to hook it up to my TV so it won't turn on unless I am on that thing walking or running.
lol i hear you.....i was a major couch potato myself...nw i make myself get up 30 minutes after dinner and exercise 3-4 days a week for atleast 30 minutes...i got a punching bag and a threadmill

SoCal_fun
07-26-2007, 01:19 AM
Hey Willie, thats great to hear. I'm on that stuff you recommended. Do you take it once a day, or twice. It says up to three times a day.
actually tastes pretty okay, like tang.

RiverOtter
07-26-2007, 03:43 AM
tonight officially marks the second week on walking on the threadmill for at least 30 minutes....dam i feel like i sweating gravy:D lowfat, low sodium gravy:)
Keep up the good work but don't get too dependent on the treadmill. Get outside if you can :)

lucky
07-26-2007, 06:18 AM
I found it easier to walk while holding a martini :D

Cigalert
07-26-2007, 06:28 AM
I got a flyer in the mail from Harbor freight yesterday. I found this interesting.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/photos/45400-45499/45416.gif
Build your own belt driven brushless generator
3600 RPM
Uses a 20 HP gas or diesel engine for maximum performance
Comes with two 20 amp 120 volt receptacles and one 30 amp 120/240 volt twistlock receptacle
Circuit breaker protected
92 lb. shipping weight
$299.99
Hook up a few gears using #40 chain with a clutch system to put that belt to a standard 3600 rpm no matter how fast you have the treadmill set. Plug in the TV to the generator. Bingo. Problem solved.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-26-2007, 07:09 AM
Good for you!

Mrs.Racer277
07-26-2007, 07:11 AM
Way to go Willie... :)

a catered life
07-26-2007, 07:30 AM
Hey Willie, thats great to hear. I'm on that stuff you recommended. Do you take it once a day, or twice. It says up to three times a day.
how is it going so far....i take a double dose every morning 2 table spoons with 6oz water

R.A.D.man
07-26-2007, 07:52 AM
how is it going so far....i take a double dose every morning 2 table spoons with 6oz water
What kinda product is this, and whats it's name?
Tang good.:)

Baja Big Dog
07-26-2007, 08:04 AM
Well IM in the middle of my 6 month school for gastric bypass....need to loose 45 lbs before December....going on Opti fast next week!!!
YIKES!!!!!:D

USCFAN
07-26-2007, 08:18 AM
This thread is worthless without pics.:D

pixilatedpussy
07-26-2007, 08:23 AM
:D Good for you hunny buns!

cxr133
07-26-2007, 09:42 AM
i gotta get my fat ass off the couch.
how do you feel in two weeks?
more energy? more sex??
have you noticed any weight loss yet?
was watching Oprah with the old lady the other day and that Dr. Oz guy says if you lose 35 lbs. its like gaining one inch in penis size

BigDoug
07-26-2007, 09:44 AM
Hey hunny buns.....................i mean Willie :jawdrop: stay strong and change up your routine to walking outside like suggested, this way you don't get bored and bring the family with you for quality time of course :D

YeLLowBoaT
07-26-2007, 09:59 AM
Never trust a skinny chef...:D

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-26-2007, 10:05 AM
that is good news. Keep up the good work. You will feel so much better in a few weeks.
now if I can get my fat ass up and do the same thing.:jawdrop: :D

eliminatedsprinter
07-26-2007, 10:15 AM
Alright what kind of frog piss is it?:rolleyes: If it is something that could possibly affect metabolisim (as unlikely as that is) it should be cleared by your MD.
Keep up that treadmill Wllie!! If you get results it will no doubt be from the exercise and a healthier diet.:)

RitcheyRch
07-26-2007, 10:22 AM
Keep up the work. Sure is nice to be in a shape other than round. I would be excercising everyday if didnt have the issue with asthma.

XFactor
07-26-2007, 10:23 AM
Started back on the elipticle for 30 mins a day, 5 days a week. I need to ramp up to 60 mins a day 5 days a week. I should lose 50-60 lbs but I'd be very happy just to lose 35-40 lbs. It's hard to stay away from a cocktail with dinner. Eating healthy seems to be pretty easy. It's drinking healthy that seems to be the hard part. :D

pixilatedpussy
07-26-2007, 10:29 AM
Never trust a skinny chef...:D
LMAO!:D

a catered life
07-26-2007, 05:35 PM
Keep up the work. Sure is nice to be in a shape other than round. I would be excercising everyday if didnt have the issue with asthma.
thats has been one of my issues also...:( i just dont try to over do it and try to breath at a steady pace. its weird for me since i was just told i have all this crap about 4 months ago... jan and feb i was cool march started off with your a diabetic and shit just went down hill from there...
i have lost some pounds especially in the lower half of my body... pants size dropped one size:D
i havent seen a huge energy increase but i sure that is because i have been busy as hell.....sex was never a issue:sqeyes:
steve the drink is a seceret if i tell you you might dissappear:eek:

Tom Brown
07-26-2007, 05:42 PM
Exercise is addicting. Even if you never get in shape for a marathon, you will probably find you covet your workout time. It's a part of the day where you get to detach from the world, alone in your thoughts. After a while, you don't even realize you're working out.
As far as I'm concerned, stress and anxiety are the easiest ailments to cure. They can be handled with exercise. Believe me, I run a few laps after every post Jbb makes.
So.... good for you, hunney buns. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. :cool:

Jbb
07-26-2007, 06:35 PM
Believe me, I run a few laps after every post Jbb makes.
:D

SoCal_fun
07-26-2007, 06:51 PM
thats has been one of my issues also...:( i just dont try to over do it and try to breath at a steady pace. its weird for me since i was just told i have all this crap about 4 months ago... jan and feb i was cool march started off with your a diabetic and shit just went down hill from there...
i have lost some pounds especially in the lower half of my body... pants size dropped one size:D
i havent seen a huge energy increase but i sure that is because i have been busy as hell.....sex was never a issue:sqeyes:
steve the drink is a seceret if i tell you you might dissappear:eek:
For Steve: Just stick to the SOUP, I hear it works wonders!! :eek:
Thanks Willie, I'll do the double.

GunninGopher
07-26-2007, 09:35 PM
Keep up the excercise and don't worry about the weight, unless it is too bad.
My problem is that I am too content. I have a loving and great looking wife and 2 healthy kids. I ride a bike at least 20 miles a week and am anything but a couch potato, but, like you, catered life, I love Beer and BBQ. So I try to stay fit, but I'll probably never be "in shape" as long as I still have my loving family. I can run a mile without stopping, however, even though I weigh 250.
It would be a lot easier for people like me if someone other that people that don't matter cared what I look like. Is anyone else in the same situation; very active but still overweight?

eliminatedsprinter
07-27-2007, 11:43 PM
Thanks Willie, I'll do the double.
Just trying to find out what type of Frog Piss you guys are wasting your money on. None of the "wt loss formulas" on the market are worth shi#. Most of them tell you not to eat anything after about 6 or 7:00pm. That is the prime time that most people tend to eat the most unhealthy TV snacks. People drink the Frog Piss, change their habbits, and then give the Frog Piss the credit for helping them with their wt loss. It's a scam. At my work the dietitions and therapists like myself, who successfully help pts lose wt, are always warning our pts off of them.
P.S. If you have problems with asthma when you exercise, try using a bicycle (stationary or regular), or perhaps swimming, as those activities tend to be less likely to induce asthma attacks (esp the bicycle) than most other types of CV exercise.

Desert Rat
07-28-2007, 02:59 PM
Larry this here is some funny sh!t...:D
Willie good luck.
I too need to lose some lbs my big problem is that I'm on travel so damn much lately and the eating out all the time is a bitch. I try to eat healthly but when you can't eat until 7 or 8 it makes it tough. Then to try and exercise after that is hard. I think I may try the get up an hour early and use the provided gym equipment trick but I am NOT a morning person so it is way hard!
Good luck buddy keep to it we want you around for a long time. BTW what ever happened about Nor Cal?

a catered life
07-30-2007, 06:29 AM
Larry this here is some funny sh!t...:D
Willie good luck.
I too need to lose some lbs my big problem is that I'm on travel so damn much lately and the eating out all the time is a bitch. I try to eat healthly but when you can't eat until 7 or 8 it makes it tough. Then to try and exercise after that is hard. I think I may try the get up an hour early and use the provided gym equipment trick but I am NOT a morning person so it is way hard!
Good luck buddy keep to it we want you around for a long time. BTW what ever happened about Nor Cal?
thanks buddy
the no-cal trip was a minor success..after a phone interview where i was asked to do everything except piss through the phone i was invited to do the second phase of the test. it went well i placed second out of 9.....the bad part was the lady who placed first was a current/former employee of theirs.....you know how that plays out:( :D