PDA

View Full Version : Has Anybody Used This Havasu Mobile Marine?

HONDODUDE
07-26-2007, 02:16 PM
Has Anybody Used This Havasu Mobile Marine? I Need A Service Done On My Eliminator, And I Was Refered To Them By A Buddy. He Said To Check On Here. For Info? And If So Does Anybody Have There Number?

That Guy
07-26-2007, 02:21 PM
Has Anybody Used This Havasu Mobile Marine? I Need A Service Done On My Eliminator, And I Was Refered To Them By A Buddy. He Said To Check On Here. For Info? And If So Does Anybody Have There Number?
Don't know them but make it easy on yourself and go see Aaron at Absolute Speed and Marine....1st rate. Good luck!:)

Havasu1986
07-26-2007, 02:26 PM
Do a search. There have been some good replys about his service. ;)

HONDODUDE
07-26-2007, 02:38 PM
I WILL NEVER USE ABOSOLUTE AGAIN. THE LAST TIME I TOOK THE BOAT TO THEM, THEY LEFT OFF MY OIL CAP AND I HAD OIL EVERYWHERE. AND THEY LEFT RAGS ALL OVER THE ENGINE. IT WAS LIKE THEY WERE IN A BIG HURY AND THEY FORGOT TO DO CRAP. I WAS NOT PLEASED AT ALL. AND I HAVE A 700 IN MY BOAT AND I WILL NOT LET THEM TOUCH IT AGAIN.:mad:

pvhca
07-27-2007, 08:25 AM
I agree w/you hondodude Absolute "SUCKS", never again will I darken their doorway and I had been going there since he opened in 2003, Aaron is going to feel it in his pocket book when all the so called ballers go belly up and can't afford the water rods and he's going to beg for the $300-$1000 jobs. Rags, greasy finger prints all over my interior I could go on forever hell and I ain't even got to the crappy service. Try Savage Marine down the street and honk as you go by Aaron

TheCarDudes
07-31-2007, 07:21 AM
I can't tell you how may times Aaron and Brian from Absolute have stepped up to the plate for me. And I'm not talking big dollar jobs. Yes, they are the ONLY ones that work on my Howard. That comes from 3 reasons:
1. I have heard from personal friends as well as other aquaintances that they are the best and they have proved it to me.
2. Howard Boats says to use them for any warranty work.
3. Gary Taylor TPI Performance, my engine builder, says to use them.
That right there shows me that they have their $hiat together.
Now for my quick short story:
Sunday afternoon a few weeks ago. I'm in the marina with my Eliminator Daytona. Water temp comes up very quickly after dropping it in the water. Immediately put it back on the trailer. INSman gets on the phone while I'm driving and tells me to head over to Absolute. Quote "They're in the shop but are ready to leave. Swing by and they'll take a quick look." I wasn't looking for a fix, just a "here is what is wrong and it will cost this to fix it" kind of looksy. I had a potential buyer with me that day. In less than 5 mins after pulling up to the shop, Aaron had no less than 8 towels/blankets draped on my boat, engine cover up and replacing the impellor. In less than 60 mins of pulling up to the shop, I was on my way back to the marina to demo the boat. This was a Sunday afternoon at 3pm. My price; one hour labor and the regular price for the impeller.
Absolute ROCKS.
Again, just last week when my daughter had flipped a switch on the boat the previuous night as we were cleaning it, my batteries were dead on the launch ramp the next morning. In 10 mins, Brian was there with the jump box to get me on the lake with my family. I maybe lost 15 mins of boating. This is the kind of service that there is no way one can put a value or price on.
Once again, Absolute is the only shop that my boats will ever see.
Thanx guys. You have a customer for life.

yopengo
07-31-2007, 07:35 AM
You might want to invest in a jump box. I mean, I'm all for great service, but that's something you can take care of yourself pretty easily.
I have one also. Saved some family’s day with it about a month ago. Cheap insurance. :D

TheCarDudes
07-31-2007, 07:52 AM
You might want to invest in a jump box. I mean, I'm all for great service, but that's something you can take care of yourself pretty easily.
Thanx guys. Got one. Look at my screen name. I'm in the car business. I have one in Havasu. I have one in California too. Have you never ever not even one time forgot something at home on the way to the launch ramp and said half way there, I don't think it's a big deal. Sometimes it's the camera. Othertimes the red plastic cups for the boat. This time it happened to be the jump box plugged in to the wall. It lives on the boat but we were making sure it was charged this time. Not on "THE LIST' to put on the boat in the morning.
Thanx again for the advice.
Funny thing about these forums. Everyone just loves to find the one minute thing to pick apart in any negative way. What is it these days. Noone likes to spread good cheer. People always wonder when they ask me how business is why it I always say "fokking great". Business is never bad. Business, and life for that matter, is what I make of it. :D

Baja Big Dog
07-31-2007, 08:41 AM
Thanx guys. Got one. Look at my screen name. I'm in the car business. I have one in Havasu. I have one in California too. Have you never ever not even one time forgot something at home on the way to the launch ramp and said half way there, I don't think it's a big deal. Sometimes it's the camera. Othertimes the red plastic cups for the boat. This time it happened to be the jump box plugged in to the wall. It lives on the boat but we were making sure it was charged this time. Not on "THE LIST' to put on the boat in the morning.
Thanx again for the advice.
Funny thing about these forums. Everyone just loves to find the one minute thing to pick apart in any negative way. What is it these days. Noone likes to spread good cheer. People always wonder when they ask me how business is why it I always say "fokking great". Business is never bad. Business, and life for that matter, is what I make of it. :D
Your in the car biz (not in any reference to CarBizIndio!!:D ), and you are normally pretty good with the posts you make, and I have to agree, it sucks when you forget something, like a lot of people do, except me!! Oh there was the one time at the fireworks show on the water at 10 PM and the batteries took a shit, and my jump box was fully charged,, I knew it was because I checked it when we got home that night (after midnight) and it was still plugged in on the workbench!!!
To answer the original question, my neighbor used (uses) the mobile guy and cant say enough about him, after the trust thing was established, the guy would come over when my neighbor was in Cali, and do the service required, put the boat back in and all was well. I think he was a Merc mechanic also. He appeared to know his shit.

Kachina26
07-31-2007, 08:58 AM
To answer the original question, my neighbor used (uses) the mobile guy and cant say enough about him, after the trust thing was established, the guy would come over when my neighbor was in Cali, and do the service required, put the boat back in and all was well. I think he was a Merc mechanic also. He appeared to know his shit.Funny thing about trust, notice the thread starter has been banned.
It was brought to my attention that something was going on that raised my concern based on the prior content of this thread as well as others from the past.
So I did a little research. IP matches as well as other indicators tell us that Havasumobile, Hondodude, and Cole'd Beer are all the same individual, 100% no doubt done deal.
Posts indicate Havasumobile's name is Brian as well member input supporting same.
All 3 posting heavily in spam promoting boats and marine service in Havasu. In some cases one screename supporting and bumping the other (same person).
One of them is looking for a wing (not a real common item). Sangster10 was also looking for a wing in spam before the screename was banned.
Sangster10, Hunter1, and Vdriveguy = similar scenario.
You can draw your own conclusions. I'm not saying that this Brian is that Brian or anything else except there's some uncanny similarities present. I'm sure further research that I have no time for of the old posts and new ones could possibly give you that answer. My concern is, as a representative of ***boat as moderator is that members aren't taken advantage of (if the obvious possiblity exists) and forum rules are adhered to. If it turns out to be someone else at the very least this individual broke forum rules with the aliases.

Devilman
07-31-2007, 09:14 AM
Funny thing about trust, notice the thread starter has been banned.
Yessir, I saw that this morning. Rexones post about it was the first thing I thought of when I saw HONDODUDE username up in here.... Way to look out.....:)

Baja Big Dog
07-31-2007, 09:17 AM
Funny thing about trust, notice the thread starter has been banned.
YIKES!!!!!:eek:

Havasu_Dreamin
07-31-2007, 09:40 AM
Another VERY PLEASED Absolute customer here. Only ones to work on our boat.....

thatguy
07-31-2007, 10:24 AM
Don't know them but make it easy on yourself and go see Aaron at Absolute Speed and Marine....1st rate. Good luck!:)
Wow, you stole my screen name. Oh, wait, maybe I stole yours?
Tommy
Rexone, Not THE Brian?:eek: :mad: :eek:

checkr'd past
07-31-2007, 01:31 PM
I had nothing but great service from absolue for the last 3 years, but the only problem i've ever had with them in the last 2 years is my boat service being bumped off because of his friends with the half million dollar boats that need this or that looked at.Just remember that when he goes out of his way to check this or fix that real quick, it puts the regular guy with the yearly service on my 7.4 mpi from picking it up at 12pm to picking it up at8pm. My hats off to Arron for trying to help every one.But this year I'll be looking at the lakeland marine facility or any suggestions.

dicudmore
07-31-2007, 01:39 PM
I had nothing but great service from absolue for the last 3 years, but the only problem i've ever had with them in the last 2 years is my boat service being bumped off because of his friends with the half million dollar boats that need this or that looked at.Just remember that when he goes out of his way to check this or fix that real quick, it puts the regular guy with the yearly service on my 7.4 mpi from picking it up at 12pm to picking it up at8pm. My hats off to Arron for trying to help every one.But this year I'll be looking at the lakeland marine facility or any suggestions.
beautiful thing about Havasu--you have more than one service option :D

voodoomedman
07-31-2007, 03:13 PM
Have you tried talking to Aaron about this? I personally would give him the opportunity to resolve my situation before going somewhere else. I'm just a regular guy with the regular 496 Mag service every year and I never have a problem. Done when they say and done right and clean. Of course I go in the off season. I have stopped by a few times last year because my speedo wasn't working due to the pickups being clogged in the drive and they worked on it no charge. I'm sure if you related your unhappiness and asked that it be ready at an agreed time they would honor your request. Otherwise I have heard good things about Lakeland and about Savage.

checkr'd past
07-31-2007, 03:58 PM
I didn't mean to sound negative about absolute because I'm not.I do get my service done in march to avoid the rush. Its just time to try someone else.And like I said, my hats off to Arron,Brian and the entire crew.

TheCarDudes
07-31-2007, 05:24 PM
I wish I could say I get my service done in March. Actually I do. Then again in May. Again in June. Again in July. These oil changes are..... :(
I guess it is just a little insurance that everything is fresh all the time. A little insurance goes a long way. :D

Havasu_Dreamin
07-31-2007, 07:09 PM
I wish I could say I get my service done in March. Actually I do. Then again in May. Again in June. Again in July. These oil changes are..... :(
I guess it is just a little insurance that everything is fresh all the time. A little insurance goes a long way. :D
No kidding, oil changes every 20-25 hours sometimes can be a pain...