PDA

View Full Version : Any one know what happened to HOSS trailers in Havasu

Rocknpalms
07-26-2007, 08:41 PM
I need to contact them for information on my pontoon trailer. My search on the net has come up empty. My trailer jack has stripped gears and need to replace the whole unit. The back plate is welded on so I do not want to purchase a new bolt on kit. I would like to know the brand of swivel jack with the 2 1/4 Cclip/snap ring that they installed in '96. The boat is stored at the river so I can not get the part numbers off the jack till next weekend and would like to bring the replacement jack out then.

H20Advantage
07-26-2007, 08:43 PM
Didn't they become Zieman trailers then moved out of town. I think that is where Eliminator is now.

PaPaG
07-26-2007, 09:14 PM
I need to contact them for information on my pontoon trailer. My search on the net has come up empty. My trailer jack has stripped gears and need to replace the whole unit. The back plate is welded on so I do not want to purchase a new bolt on kit. I would like to know the brand of swivel jack with the 2 1/4 Cclip/snap ring that they installed in '96. The boat is stored at the river so I can not get the part numbers off the jack till next weekend and would like to bring the replacement jack out then.
Had the same thing happen to my 21 Ellis trailer. Searched the web then went to a company back east and ordered on the phone, shipped very fast. Item arrived, removed the "C" clip with a screwdrive and popped the new jack on and done in 5 minutes. Cost around $75.00 shipped. Huge company but I can't remember the name, here is their phone number though..
CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT AT 502-633-2040 EXT 406 OR 412
Hope this helps..it was a pain trying to find a C clip type trailer jack....:D

Big Inch
07-26-2007, 10:25 PM
I recently was trying to find Hoss trailers as well. They were not bought out by Zieman but they closed the doors and Zieman purchased their equipment and stuff. The guy at Zieman was very helpful to me and gave me 3 numbers to reach the previous owner of Hoss. He said that the owner is open to helping past customers and it is ok to call. I resolved my problem without needing to call him but I do have the numbers in my boat. I also have a Hoss trailer with what may be the same jack and I will see if I can see any identifying information on it for you. Only problem is that my boat is at the house in Bullhead and I am at my home home in Cali. We are heading out tomorrow nite though to the river and will post this info for you when I get there if you still need it.

2LKHVSU
07-27-2007, 05:22 AM
I have the same problem every 2 or 3 years. Just go to west marine and buy the bolt on jack, remove the c-clip from the trailer and the new jack, replace new jack on old plate with old c-clip (I use the old c-clip because the new one is thicker and does not fit my welded on plate)
Hope this helps
Brett

franky
07-27-2007, 05:30 AM
Are you sure it just isn't that the little roll pin that holds the gear on is sheared? Take that cap pff the top and look. Tap the old one out with a punch, then tap the new one in. $0.29 roll pin from the hardware store. I've done mine twice.

Rocknpalms
07-27-2007, 06:01 AM
I recently was trying to find Hoss trailers as well. They were not bought out by Zieman but they closed the doors and Zieman purchased their equipment and stuff. The guy at Zieman was very helpful to me and gave me 3 numbers to reach the previous owner of Hoss. He said that the owner is open to helping past customers and it is ok to call. I resolved my problem without needing to call him but I do have the numbers in my boat. I also have a Hoss trailer with what may be the same jack and I will see if I can see any identifying information on it for you. Only problem is that my boat is at the house in Bullhead and I am at my home home in Cali. We are heading out tomorrow nite though to the river and will post this info for you when I get there if you still need it.
Thanks I await your numbers

Rocknpalms
07-27-2007, 06:02 AM
Are you sure it just isn't that the little roll pin that holds the gear on is sheared? Take that cap pff the top and look. Tap the old one out with a punch, then tap the new one in. $0.29 roll pin from the hardware store. I've done mine twice.
Thanks for the idea, but not the roll pin. The gears are completely stripped. Chunks of gear snapped off.

shippingguy
07-27-2007, 06:14 AM
I also heard from a good source that Zieman bought out Extreme Trailers as well.
Mike

C-2
07-27-2007, 06:57 AM
I just replaced my screw jack on my 95' Hoss trailer - it's actually my second one. The new Fultom model from West Marine is pretty nice, thye now come plated and with a grease fitting. However, the new c-clamp is too thick, had to use the old one.
I think mine is the same dealio as you - welded plate to the trailer, pop on c-clamp jack.
It was about $40