PDA

View Full Version : Crooks in law enforcement...

ratso
07-27-2007, 08:18 AM
Wow, three decades of their lives... gone, because of crooks in law enforcement, crooks in charge of this country, crooks putting innocent people behind bars. I wonder what percentage of Government officials are crooks compared to the percentage of crooks just in the general population? http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/yuk.gif
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15012096/

ratso
07-27-2007, 08:20 AM
Aw hell, lets keep going...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19981530/

lucky
07-27-2007, 08:22 AM
Wow, three decades of their lives... gone, because of crooks in law enforcement, crooks in charge of this country, crooks putting innocent people behind bars. I wonder what percentage of Government officials are crooks compared to the percentage of crooks just in the general population? http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/yuk.gif
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15012096/
..... land of opportunity:D

ratso
07-27-2007, 08:22 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19980610/

ratso
07-27-2007, 08:23 AM
I guess it's about a million a year or so being behind bars for two of them, but two died in prison... I'd have liked to opt out after about 5 years...;)

ratso
07-27-2007, 08:24 AM
Dang, didn't realize that was you...:jawdrop: new avatar?:)

BrendellaJet
07-27-2007, 08:33 AM
Damn. PHUCK THE GOVERMENT!

finsfan4life
07-27-2007, 08:33 AM
Wow, three decades of their lives... gone, because of crooks in law enforcement, crooks in charge of this country, crooks putting innocent people behind bars. I wonder what percentage of Government officials are crooks compared to the percentage of crooks just in the general population?
[/QUOTE]
Yup ur right, but they were a bunch of Mobsters, like they really belonged on the street anyways !!! Just imagine what they got away with all those years, The guy was a hitman for petes sake !!!!

Schiada76
07-27-2007, 09:10 AM
Yeah what a travesty, Mafia Don's and hitmen FRAMED! Tsk Tsk!:rolleyes:

ratso
07-27-2007, 09:25 AM
I have no problem with thugs taking out other thugs...:D
Mafia... Government... all the same to me.

finsfan4life
07-27-2007, 10:39 AM
Yeah, lets have the Gatti and Enron families go to war...!!

Spotondl
07-27-2007, 10:50 AM
Yeah, new avatar???:idea: :idea: :idea:

thatguy
07-27-2007, 10:58 AM
Exactly, they may be inocent of that murder, but they killed someone, somewhere I'll bet. Not exactly marters. Oh well, 141 million or whatever. At least the taxpayers can afford it, can't we?
Tommy

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-27-2007, 11:10 AM
LMAO!! I agree.:D

RiverDave
07-27-2007, 11:12 AM
Yup ur right, but they were a bunch of Mobsters, like they really belonged on the street anyways !!! Just imagine what they got away with all those years, The guy was a hitman for petes sake !!!!
Exactly, they may be inocent of that murder, but they killed someone, somewhere I'll bet. Not exactly marters. Oh well, 141 million or whatever. At least the taxpayers can afford it, can't we?
Tommy
It doesn't work like that.. Our governmet doesn't get to say "They should goto jail for crimes we didn't catch them doing, but we think they did."
Either they did or they didn't.. In this case they didn't.
This would be no different then if you were driving to work this morning and got pulled over.. and even though you hadn't been drinking you get arrested for DUI. When you say WTF? We all just say "It's no big deal, I'm sure at some point in your life you drove drunk so now your going to have to pay for that." Would you feel that's fair?
RD

thatguy
07-27-2007, 11:24 AM
I completely understand your reasoning, however, I am not a mobster or a career criminal. With all due respect I disagree and ask if you have heard of this term: "two birds at once", "2 for the price of one".
Think "untouchables" here. remember how Sean Connery handled his business? He did what he had to to clean up the mess. Don't forget, this was 30+ years ago. And I still ask, can you afford the 141 million?
In my mind, yes, due proccess and being rightly accused were shat on. But it is also another fine example of "criminals" being knighted and sainted, and compensated in some way. Oh well, lets get out the checkbook and kid ourselves that justice was served. Which time though? Then, or now?
Tommy
The mistake made back then was that the "law" needed fall guys instead of corpses in this case. Otherwise they would have just scratched them.

Flyinbowtie
07-27-2007, 01:30 PM
Truly disgusting. Government officials placed in positons of power and trust that break the law and usurp the public trust under color of authority need to be dealt with harshly.
Of course, since many in those positions of power are not elected, but "citizens" hired via the civil service process, I guess they represent a cross section of the public fairly accurately.
The ones appointed by elected officials, well, they represent the choices made by our elected officials. And, our elected officials, well, they are the ones selected by the 30-40% or so of us who turn off the TV and get off our asses to vote every two years, based on the lies told to us by the select people who want on the payroll..the ones that have figured out that the way to get people to vote for them is to promise to give them the treasury, and the country be damned.
Frankly, I don't see any good things happening in the next 10 years or so. Not enough of us left who really give a damn to hlod things together.

Racey
07-27-2007, 02:30 PM
It doesn't work like that.. Our governmet doesn't get to say "They should goto jail for crimes we didn't catch them doing, but we think they did."
Either they did or they didn't.. In this case they didn't.
This would be no different then if you were driving to work this morning and got pulled over.. and even though you hadn't been drinking you get arrested for DUI. When you say WTF? We all just say "It's no big deal, I'm sure at some point in your life you drove drunk so now your going to have to pay for that." Would you feel that's fair?
RD
BINGO! :D

talkinghead
07-27-2007, 09:32 PM
Examples like this are the reason fewer and fewer people trust or believe anything the gov't says.
The thing is, most sheeple think things like this won't happen to them so they don't worry about it. The reality is that it could happen to anyone - you don't have to be guilty of a crime to end up in prison (less likely though if your a member of a protected group).

SurfOnH20
07-27-2007, 09:53 PM
Regardless how you feel about the government, Its no different anywhere else in the world. For as long man has walked this earth, there has been deceit, lies, murder, theft, etc. Most if not all people who are put in jail are justly convicted. I am not too terribly concerned about being put in jail for something I didn't do. I rather be tried in the USA then in Mexico or anywhere else for that matter.

thatguy
07-28-2007, 05:48 AM
I guess my pulpit isn't as high up as some on here. The way I see it, the cops, prosecuters, and whoever else used the neccessary tactics to lock up known gangsters. They did not pull these guys out of the phone book.
Crooks, terrorists, pretty much anybody who plans or engages in criminal activity knows the deck is in their favor ultimatly. Some GI at Gitmo gets court-marshled for pissing on a book that belongs to a terrorists that would kill your town if given the chance. The rights of the TRULY innocent are trampled while upholding the supposed rights of the bad guys.
Yeah, they framed these guys. Probably because they got sick of watching them skate every time. I could be wrong, I have not studied the criminal history of these guys. But I bet not.
Tommy
Don't believe that you could be as easily framed or accused. Most people "falsly accused" do have something to do with it. YES,It can happen, but not likely.

ratso
07-28-2007, 05:57 AM
I guess my pulpit isn't as high up as some on here. The way I see it, the cops, prosecuters, and whoever else used the neccessary tactics to lock up known gangsters. They did not pull these guys out of the phone book.
Crooks, terrorists, pretty much anybody who plans or engages in criminal activity knows the deck is in their favor ultimatly. Some GI at Gitmo gets court-marshled for pissing on a book that belongs to a terrorists that would kill your town if given the chance. The rights of the TRULY innocent are trampled while upholding the supposed rights of the bad guys.
Yeah, they framed these guys. Probably because they got sick of watching them skate every time. I could be wrong, I have not studied the criminal history of these guys. But I bet not.
Tommy
Don't believe that you could be as easily framed or accused. Most people "falsly accused" do have something to do with it. YES,It can happen, but not likely.
Right, the cops hands are tied, so why bother when it's bad guys taking out bad guys?:D
Let em have at it!

thatguy
07-28-2007, 07:05 AM
Yeah, more or less. Being from Texas you have a better grasp of how justice works in the real world!
The part that sucks is that they were awarded 141 million. Thats money from us. For thugs that the cops figured out a way to lock up 30+ years ago.
Tommy
I'm sick of this poor defensless baby bu*lsh*t. I hope the cops got an award back then for the extra effort it took to make it happen.

thatguy
07-28-2007, 07:21 AM
Last post I'll make here, I promise, maybe.:D :)
I believe it was Oliver North, truly a man who clearly understands the global picture, who said:
"Sometimes you have to spill a little constitutional milk to save the American pie." :D :jawdrop: :D

Redwing247
07-28-2007, 07:29 AM
Damn. PHUCK THE GOVERMENT!
Wanna move to Iraq? They dont have govt there...:D :D