PDA

View Full Version : Great house for boaters when the market hits bottom.

socalmoney
07-27-2007, 10:01 AM
We looked at these a while ago and could not believe they wanted 600k + for these. I fell in love with the garage and my wife loved the master closet. It was the first local (Wildomar) track house I have walked through that had several models with double tandem 4 car garages. Perfect for boats or other trailer toys. Didn't like the tax rate at 1.8% but these might be a bargain in a year or two.
http://www.brehmco.com/comm_woodmoor.html
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/Woodmoor_Res4-1.jpg

djunkie
07-27-2007, 10:03 AM
But its Wildomar. :yuk: :yuk:

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-27-2007, 10:07 AM
We looked at these a while ago and could not believe they wanted 600k + for these. I fell in love with the garage and my wife loved the master closet. It was the first local (Wildomar) track house I have walked through that had several models with double tandem 4 car garages. Perfect for boats or other trailer toys. Didn't like the tax rate at 1.8% but these might be a bargain in a year or two.
http://www.brehmco.com/comm_woodmoor.html
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/Woodmoor_Res4-1.jpg
is that near you in Murrieta? those are awesome. :)

socalmoney
07-27-2007, 10:08 AM
This is very true. There was talk that Murrieta was going to annex it. Not sure where that is at the moment. Would be cool to be in a neighborhood where everyone had toys in their garage and was like minded in that manor. Get tired of people giving me the stink eye when I am in the front of my house tearing my boat apart. There is value in that.

fatboy95
07-27-2007, 10:11 AM
Formal Dining room and living room are usuallly wasted space you never use
my 2c

voodoomedman
07-27-2007, 11:35 AM
my 2c
That's why my living room is an upscale looking gameroom with a nice pool table and dartboard.

Pussywhippled
07-27-2007, 11:37 AM
Lomita...
I've lived in Wildomar for the last 15 years, do work son...

LEADFOOTjosh
07-27-2007, 11:37 AM
That's why my living room is an upscale looking gameroom with a nice pool table and dartboard.
mine too.. well ok its not upscale ;) ;) ;) .. LOL

Havasu1986
07-27-2007, 11:39 AM
my 2c
True...I have chairs and couches in those rooms that I haven't sat on in years. :(

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-27-2007, 11:39 AM
I think Wildomar is pretty nice. But I guess that's expected because I live in Menifee. Most of the lots outside of the ticky tacky everybody's looks the same track homes, are 1/2 acre. Been to Wildomar recently?

AirtimeLavey
07-27-2007, 11:40 AM
Murrieta's one of the toughest areas hit for foreclosures, etc. Soon might be good deals to be found. Good luck.

djunkie
07-27-2007, 12:33 PM
Lomita...
I've lived in Wildomar for the last 15 years, do work son...
You should see the work I do. Living 10 minutes from the beach beats living there thats for sure!!!!!!!!!!

djunkie
07-27-2007, 12:40 PM
I think Wildomar is pretty nice. But I guess that's expected because I live in Menifee. Most of the lots outside of the ticky tacky everybody's looks the same track homes, are 1/2 acre. Been to Wildomar recently?
I'm sure it is very nice. I just hate living in the middle of nowhere. All the homes look the same in these new tracks and to me that would seem boring. Don't take this the wrong way though. I'm not knocking where you live just stating that its not my cup of tea. I can ride my bike to this place. Makes my overpriced shack in Lomita worth every penny though. :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35817&stc=1&d=1185568840

djunkie
07-27-2007, 12:41 PM
If you like the beach. Not everybody does.
Sorry. I meant to put IMO. :rolleyes: :D

djunkie
07-27-2007, 12:48 PM
Obviously, a lot of people value the beach location, as home prices would indicate. Personally, not a big beach fan. I'm somewhat scared of the ocean. Not the ocean, per se, just dying in the ocean. ;)
No big deal. Different strokes for different folks. :D I gotta say though. Its nice sitting in my family room not needing any A/C and having a nice breeze come thru the house. My $45 electric bill last month was nice too. :jawdrop: :D

socalmoney
07-27-2007, 12:52 PM
Wildomar is just like any other unincorporated part of (insert county name here). There are some advantages and disadvantages to living there. More space, more relaxed CC&Rs etc but you still have the single/double wides to contend with.
My intention wasn't to get people debating on who's city is better. I just thought the garage was birchin and passed it along. I am sure Wildomar will be just as nice as all the other cities in the Diamond Valley in time. You could be on Elsinore in 5 minutes from this location.
OK, lets start bashing Elsinore.

djunkie
07-27-2007, 12:57 PM
Wildomar is just like any other unincorporated part of (insert county name here). There are some advantages and disadvantages to living there. More space, more relaxed CC&Rs etc but you still have the single/double wides to contend with.
My intention wasn't to get people debating on who's city is better. I just thought the garage was birchin and passed it along. I am sure Wildomar will be just as nice as all the other cities in the Diamond Valley in time. You could be on Elsinore in 5 minutes from this location.
Ya F-Elsinore. :D Wasn't meaning to bash. Just stating my opinion. Thats whats great about an open forum. The homes are great. Big lots. Big homes. But I just couldn't stand to live in that part of the state. I wonder what the average incomes are in Wildomar? I actually considered moving to Corona recently. But thats about as far a I got. Driving 60 miles each way to work just really sounded miserable.

djunkie
07-27-2007, 01:04 PM
Ya F-Elsinore. :D Wasn't meaning to bash. Just stating my opinion. Thats whats great about an open forum. The homes are great. Big lots. Big homes. But I just couldn't stand to live in that part of the state. I wonder what the average incomes are in Wildomar? I actually considered moving to Corona recently. But thats about as far a I got. Driving 60 miles each way to work just really sounded miserable.

reDECKulous
07-27-2007, 01:04 PM
My $407 bill was nicer :)
No big deal. Different strokes for different folks. :D I gotta say though. Its nice sitting in my family room not needing any A/C and having a nice breeze come thru the house. My $45 electric bill last month was nice too. :jawdrop: :D

djunkie
07-27-2007, 01:05 PM
You electric bill is built into your mortgage. :D
My mortgage may be less than you think. ;)

reDECKulous
07-27-2007, 01:08 PM
Lomita $51,360
Wildomar $49,081
That seems pretty close....
Ya F-Elsinore. :D Wasn't meaning to bash. Just
stating my opinion. Thats whats great about an open forum. The homes are great. Big lots. Big homes. But I just couldn't stand to live in that part of the state. I wonder what the average incomes are in Wildomar? I actually considered moving to Corona recently. But thats about as far a I got. Driving 60 miles each way to work just really sounded miserable.

djunkie
07-27-2007, 01:09 PM
I honestly have no idea about your house's value or payment, I was just poking some fun. For all I know, you put 90% down.
I only wish. :( :( :(

djunkie
07-27-2007, 01:10 PM
Lomita $51,360
Wildomar $49,081
That seems pretty close....
Now if there was only a way to compare commute mileages. :idea: :idea:

NdaWind
07-27-2007, 01:11 PM
Those homes are just down the street from us, we went and looked and we were real impressed on the lay out too.
I have lived at the beach (Hermosa) for over 20 years and liked it a lot. Now I am in IE I like the it a lot too and really hate it when I have to drive toward the beach. Lot less congestion out here and the weather is mostly always sunny. I do miss the cool ocean breezes though.

djunkie
07-27-2007, 01:11 PM
If you worked in Wildomar, you'd be really close. ;)
I doubt theres gigs like mine in Wildomar. :D :D

djunkie
07-27-2007, 01:13 PM
You could work at the U-Haul rental place. :D
Cool. I wonder how good their 401k is? LOL!!!!!:D

djunkie
07-27-2007, 01:17 PM
They don't have a 401k plan, but you do get a 1/2 price 5x8 open trailer rental on your birthday and Sunday off. :D
I'm really good at folding up used furniture blankets too.

socalmoney
07-27-2007, 01:18 PM
I lived on the west side of Costa Mesa before I moved to Murrieta. I drove to Long Beach for work. I took the Spring St exit. My commute in miles was much lower than my current commute from Murrieta to Aliso Viejo but it was close to the same amount of time. I didn't mind the new commute since it was only about 10 minutes longer even though it is 50 miles. It is all relative, and I really like it out here. It took some time to adjust but I don't think I would move back.

socalmoney
07-27-2007, 01:20 PM
You could work at the U-Haul rental place. :D
Most of them are run off the front lawn of people's houses. Ha-ha

Pussywhippled
07-27-2007, 01:39 PM
You should see the work I do. Living 10 minutes from the beach beats living there thats for sure!!!!!!!!!!
I only grew up in Newport so I guess you do win...
But just because I grew up in Newport and my parents have a couple of places there doesn't mean at 22 I could buy a house in Newport.

socalmoney
07-27-2007, 01:44 PM
I drove around the track the other day on my way home and picked up a for sale flier. They didn't list the price, I am sure it is changed daily to compete with the builder. The funny thing was the realtor's name on the flier was Jason Fubar. I really don't think I would go through life with a name like that. I had to laugh when I saw that.

Racer277
07-27-2007, 01:54 PM
LOL, taking some heat DJ?
I'd defend you, but I don't want to know what you think of Bakersfield. LOL
Although I have an 8 minute commute with 2 stop lights, cheap golf, ride mx from my house, and live 10 minutes from a lake that allows dragboats...
I sure as hell don't have your retirement plan though...:(

djunkie
07-27-2007, 01:57 PM
LOL, taking some heat DJ?
I'd defend you, but I don't want to know what you think of Bakersfield. LOL
Although I have an 8 minute commute with 2 stop lights, cheap golf, ride mx from my house, and live 10 minutes from a lake that allows dragboats...
I sure as hell don't have your retirement plan though...:(
This is fun. I needed to stir some shit. Its giving me something to do till we depart for the river. Your gonna be there right? :D :D

Racer277
07-27-2007, 02:00 PM
Your gonna be there right? :D :D
Negative Ghost Rider, the pattern is full...
Maybe you would say I have a 300 mile commute, but only twice a week...

HOOTER SLED-
07-27-2007, 02:46 PM
AAAAAHAHAHHAHAHHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yea right beeeyatch!!!:D

djunkie
07-27-2007, 02:50 PM
AAAAAHAHAHHAHAHHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yea right beeeyatch!!!:D
Ya that 5 minutes of thought went over real quick......:D
Actually i did phucker. I had Dan send me a few listings but after I thought about it more it just was gonna be too far from work for me.

HOOTER SLED-
07-27-2007, 02:53 PM
I drove around the track the other day on my way home and picked up a for sale flier. They didn't list the price, I am sure it is changed daily to compete with the builder. The funny thing was the realtor's name on the flier was Jason Fubar. I really don't think I would go through life with a name like that. I had to laugh when I saw that.
LOL.............When we were looking at homes there was an agent we met and his name was I think Scott Pimpit. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was giving him a hard time. He was like an older Philipino looking dude. Laughed when I asked him about his name.

HOOTER SLED-
07-27-2007, 02:54 PM
Ya that 5 minutes of thought went over real quick......:D
Actually i did phucker. I had Dan send me a few listings but after I thought about it more it just was gonna be too far from work for me.
Pussy...........:D Now you are in a place as big as my back house. :D ;)

djunkie
07-27-2007, 02:56 PM
LOL.............When we were looking at homes there was an agent we met and his name was I think Scott Pimpit. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was giving him a hard time. He was like an older Philipino looking dude. Laughed when I asked him about his name.
Did he ask if you were related to this family? :jawdrop: :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35821&stc=1&d=1185576957

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-27-2007, 03:13 PM
If you like the beach. Not everybody does.
I like the beach, and would like to live there. Unfortunately, too many other people like the beach also. That's why we are considering moving up north, where there is a whole lot of water, and a lot less people.
And there are a lot of double wides in Wildomar, I will admit. Not that there is anything wrong with them, but some people don't seem to like them as they are less expensive.

ChumpChange
07-27-2007, 03:19 PM
My $45 electric bill last month was nice too. :jawdrop: :D
If I had a house that small, my electric bill would be that cheap also! :eek:

djunkie
07-27-2007, 03:34 PM
If I had a house that small, my electric bill would be that cheap also! :eek:
Chances are "IF" this bubble bursts, I'm willing to bet my house will take a lot less of a hit then the ones in question here. :idea: :idea:

revndave
07-27-2007, 03:37 PM
We just bought a Lennar Home out here in Indio.Will be finished 09/2007.The garage 10x40 and 10x33 one side is a little deeper.Its about 750 sqft.

ChumpChange
07-27-2007, 03:38 PM
Chances are "IF" this bubble bursts, I'm willing to bet my house will take a lot less of a hit then the ones in question here. :idea: :idea:
I agree. The closer you get to the beach, the better your house will hold value. Those houses as well as ones in "established" neighborhoods.