PDA

View Full Version : Did you hear the latest on Vick?

River Lynchmob
07-27-2007, 02:25 PM
Nike suspended his contract and Reebok is pulling all Michael Vick goods from the shelves and ordering stores not to sellwhat they have.
What a total Phuk tard!!!

Dave C
07-27-2007, 02:33 PM
maybe he should pull the race card........ "I was framed"

MKEELINE
07-27-2007, 02:45 PM
did he really have "two" shoe deals ..... nike & reebok ????
Nike is his shoe deal and Reebok does all the NFL merchandise(jerseys,hats,etc.).

MKEELINE
07-27-2007, 02:46 PM
I'm sure his defense team is saving that for the trial.

barbigrl
07-27-2007, 02:47 PM
Nike suspended his contract and Reebok is pulling all Michael Vick goods from the shelves and ordering stores not to sellwhat they have.
What a total Phuk tard!!!
A "Phuk Tard" I love you Lynch!! :D

River Lynchmob
07-27-2007, 02:49 PM
They better try and pull a rabit out of the hat. Everything you read he is totally Phuked. They would steal neighborhood dogs and have his dog fight them, thrash em and then he or one of his cronies would kill it and burry it in his yard. They have dug up over 200 coupses so far. He is over screwed as he should be.

Rexone
07-27-2007, 02:53 PM
I am sickened by this. I hope he loses the works and does some serious time. There's no excuse if the allegations are true, which it sounds like they are so far.

barbigrl
07-27-2007, 02:57 PM
They better try and pull a rabit out of the hat. Everything you read he is totally Phuked. They would steal neighborhood dogs and have his dog fight them, thrash em and then he or one of his cronies would kill it and burry it in his yard. They have dug up over 200 coupses so far. He is over screwed as he should be.
OMG...I had no IDEA it was that bad!! THat is HORRIBLE! I am sure this will not affect his starting this season.
Dirty phuk tard...

YeLLowBoaT
07-27-2007, 03:00 PM
I just hope some peta nut gets to him before the trail so that it saves the tax payers $$$$$
PS If that were to happen it would be the 1st thing peta ever did right.

RitcheyRch
07-27-2007, 03:06 PM
He should get the maximum sentence if indeed is found guilty.

THOR
07-27-2007, 03:13 PM
Poor whining dogs getting torn apart is not right. That POS should be thrown in a ring with balls lathered in BBQ sauce and they should let his dogs have at them. Just my opinion.

Dan Lorenze
07-27-2007, 03:13 PM
I've read reports that he would destroy the dogs that weren't performing by either drowning or hanging them... Sick SOB....

Old Texan
07-27-2007, 03:31 PM
Where'd you read this? Hadn't heard that report, yet.

boats&bars
07-27-2007, 03:37 PM
I guess a petco endorsement is out of the question......

RitcheyRch
07-27-2007, 03:46 PM
Or PetsMart
I guess a petco endorsement is out of the question......
Would be a good pay per view event.
Poor whining dogs getting torn apart is not right. That POS should be thrown in a ring with balls lathered in BBQ sauce and they should let his dogs have at them. Just my opinion.

AZJD
07-27-2007, 03:48 PM
GOOD! Duche bag deserves to get hammered. If in fact he is guilty I hope they yank his contract and throw his ass in jail. Those videos of the dog fights are brutal, and it breaks my heart to see them.....

Ziggy
07-27-2007, 04:25 PM
MV's looks the part of a hood on top of it all. The shame he and his brother are bestowing upon his mother is terrible.:(
If all these allegations are true this guy is cooked for good......

Pussywhippled
07-27-2007, 04:37 PM
God it makes me feel so good.
Poetic Justice, Karma, whatever you want to call it.
He dicked me around for months on a project for one of his houses (not the one shown on TV) the one in Atlanta, and I still never got fully compensated.

Jbb
07-27-2007, 04:46 PM
He is getting boo'd loudly ....everywhere he shows up around Atlanta

Rexone
07-27-2007, 05:35 PM
Every single report I have read says 17 carcasses, 7 from the first search and 10 from the second when they brought the backhoe onto the property. The original warrant was for "as many as 30."
Also, I have not read, nor can I find, a single report on any credible website that infers that Vick or anybody else stole neighborhood dogs for fighting.
I'm not defending the guy, but this seems far fetched, even for ***boat.
SWB, it's kind of like the MPH estimates on the forum. :D
Seriously to me though 7, 10, 30, 200, whatever the number the guy needs to go down if true.

Rexone
07-27-2007, 05:37 PM
I'm all for a just trial. I actually like this option in the sentencing phase though.

thatguy
07-27-2007, 05:38 PM
It seems that a person of reasonable inteligence would know when it is time to abandon questionable activities, in respect to career developments. Have not all of us gave up foolish activities when it was time to "grow up" and be respectful of our position or respectful of those who depend on us?
I think more than anything the fact that He accelerated those activities when He "made it" speaks volumes of his lack of character and moral fiber. Not to mention his apparent lack of sense.
Summary: He's a stupid SOB.
Tommy
PS- I keep reading of all this being discovered during a drug raid. What of that?

Rexone
07-27-2007, 05:41 PM
With all due respect I think this qualifies as way more than questionable or foolish activity.
Foolish activity would be something like partying all night so you can't show up sharp and play football for your 20 bizillion dollar salary.

YeLLowBoaT
07-27-2007, 05:43 PM
With all due respect I think this qualifies as way more than questionable or foolish activity.
yeah you would think that pro althletes would be smart enough not to blow thier multi mill deals over shit like drugs, guns, violance... and etc.
I think I speak for most people on hb, if your going to give me 5 mil a year... I'm going to do pretty much what ever you ask me to do.

Boa1277
07-27-2007, 05:48 PM
Lets not forget Vick just owned the home, his cousin lived there. Do I think he was the kingpin of the dog fighting ring, no way impossible. The guy did not have near the time to dedicate himself to a fighting kennel, much less train sell and fight these dogs. Now ask yourself this? would you give a flying Fu__ if this was a story about a low income black man in VA that got busted for fighting pit bulls. NOPE we would all say the guy was a piece of shit but without Vick you dont have a story. Last time I heard you are innocent until proven guilty. Alot of the witnesses are convicted dog fighters, ask me if I will testify against a millionaire pro football player so I can get out of prison. Uhh let me think about that one...I truly think Vick is the scapegoat for the Humane Society and PETA both groups are truly nothing more than a lynch mob, who have been proven time and time again to make up B.S. stories to get headlines...Oh well just my opinion..

thatguy
07-27-2007, 06:10 PM
I hear all of what you people are saying. I think that the fact he is rich and famous kind of highlights the point I am making. The poor old slob that gets caught really does not have as much to lose, or as much else to do for that matter. You just gotta be brain damaged to throw it all away so stupidly. Thats alot of zero's on those paychecks. Plus being in the limelight as he is is just more reason to keep your *as wiped clean, IMHO.
Yes, the witnesses are douchbags, but I read the 18 page indictment. Pretty strong stuff so far. As said before, this isn't a county or state charge. This is a longterm FEDERAL investigation and indictment. I read today that these sort of indictmnents have like a 91% prosecution ratio. They didn't just dream this up. I mean jeeze, you gotta keep your name clean in a position like that, regardless of your level of guilt. ANY involvement is ludicrous I think.
My Grandfather use to say "Live an impeccable life, Tommy". Of course, I fell far short of that. But, if we strive for perfection we will at least obtain medeochority. Don't you think?
Tommy
Yeah, I can't spell.

Boa1277
07-27-2007, 06:15 PM
I would guess that his involvement was probably attending some dogfights and financial backing. Of course, if you're the money man, that kind of makes you the de facto kingpin.
Sounds like to me he bought his loser cousin a home and the guy used it for illegal purposes. I guess he screwed up by trying to help out a family member. I can tell you this much, I blame the guys that train the animals and obviously abused the animals. If Vick attended a dog fight and I say IF how does that make him a kingpin,(I guess having money makes you a kingpin) this thing goes way deeper than attending a dog fight, people keep saying what a piece of crap Vick is and shit he diddnt even live there, how does that make him the kingpin, do you truly think he had anything to do with the evil ways the poor dogs were killed, if in fact that is how they were killed. I will say this for a fact PETA and the Humane Society like to make up big blown up stories on how people abuse animals especially if it will get them some headlines. I have read a few books on these guys that fight dogs and the preffered way they cull out bad animals is a bullet right between the eyes...but again a bullet and a instant death doesn't sound near as bad as hanging and electrocuting the dogs. I will say this again without Vick you have no story or headlines, you have no way of getting out of prison early and you sure as hell dont have this many people talking about dog fighting...What is really sad is more people are more interested in this than our own kids getting killed over in Iraq, that really puts this BS dog story into perspective for me...

thatguy
07-27-2007, 06:22 PM
Shockwave,
I went to MSN.com...click on news at the top. Then U.S. News. Under the Vick headlines click on the original "Micheal Vick indicted" On there should be the link that says "read the indictment". It is a PDF file.
Tommy
Rex, I agree with you 100%. I used those words like foolish and questionable to try to keep my point in context.

akjet
07-27-2007, 06:26 PM
If everyone would just quit idolizing and watching these idiots then there would be mo news story and there would be no multi billoin dollar contracts handed out and sports would would go back to good old fashioned fun that everyone could enjoy watching.

thatguy
07-27-2007, 06:32 PM
Here is the URL to the idictment. It's on the bottom.
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0717072vick1.html

Boa1277
07-27-2007, 07:22 PM
I read the indictment, alls I have to say is this, who are CW1, 2, 3, and 4. Also notice how they start with the real method dogfighters cull animals (just about all breeders have to cull animals) and then the story gets worse and worse as the indictment gets longer and longer.. Vicks attorneys are going to have a hey day with this, he will beat this easily. I wonder why the Feds are going after Vick, I sure would hate to have to read about a real cover-up and a few Federal judges who were fired and a president who is trying to protect the crooks that did it.....Kinda makes you think a little, what is sad is by the time Vick gets off all of the heat will have died down on Bush!!!!! Dont you just love the Federal Goverment and all of it prosecutors.

Jbb
07-27-2007, 07:25 PM
P funk in the house.....:p

lokinutz
07-27-2007, 08:23 PM
Let me get this straight...
Peta and the Humane Society made up the entire story about Vick going to dog fights and betting on dogs that were raised from the kennel that he owns on the property he owns but is letting his cousin live in, got the FBI to spend years and hundreds of manpower hours and who knows how many thousands of taxpayer dollars to investigate said false story, then Bush decides he needs to get the heat off his administration so he orders the FBI to pull the trigger and indict Vick on something made up by PETA and the Humane Society, not to mention the federal judges involved in a cover up (haven't figured out what though)????
That about right Boa?

Dan Lorenze
07-27-2007, 08:38 PM
Peta and the Humane Society made up the entire story about Vick going to dog fights and betting on dogs that were raised from the kennel that he owns on the property he owns but is letting his cousin live in, got the FBI to spend years and hundreds of manpower hours and who knows how many thousands of taxpayer dollars to investigate said false story, then Bush decides he needs to get the heat off his administration so he orders the FBI to pull the trigger and indict Vick on something made up by PETA and the Humane Society, not to mention the federal judges involved in a cover up (haven't figured out what though)????
That about right Boa?
It's kinda like when Clark W Griswald was trying to convince Russ that Christy Brinkley was just a pool waitress...... :D

lokinutz
07-27-2007, 08:53 PM
Yeah, Kooky.

Celfesh
07-27-2007, 09:04 PM
Im sure he will play for the RAIDERS some day...LMAO
I'm a Raider hater....
The traiders always pick up the trashish players....

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-27-2007, 09:06 PM
Lets not forget Vick just owned the home, his cousin lived there. Do I think he was the kingpin of the dog fighting ring, no way impossible. The guy did not have near the time to dedicate himself to a fighting kennel, much less train sell and fight these dogs. Now ask yourself this? would you give a flying Fu__ if this was a story about a low income black man in VA that got busted for fighting pit bulls. NOPE we would all say the guy was a piece of shit but without Vick you dont have a story. Last time I heard you are innocent until proven guilty. Alot of the witnesses are convicted dog fighters, ask me if I will testify against a millionaire pro football player so I can get out of prison. Uhh let me think about that one...I truly think Vick is the scapegoat for the Humane Society and PETA both groups are truly nothing more than a lynch mob, who have been proven time and time again to make up B.S. stories to get headlines...Oh well just my opinion..
wether he did it all or not. He let who ever live there do it. I am sure he had something to do with it.. And I would have to say yes, I would throw a fit if it was a normal citizen who was doing this to dogs that don't know anything else.
To me I think they need to take all that were involved. tie their asses to a friggen post in the backyard poor blood on there nutts and let the dogs loose on there coward dumn fOck asses. pull the dogs off just before they kill the guys and pour salt in the wounds and then let them slowly bleed to death.:mad: :mad:

hava life
07-27-2007, 09:29 PM
I feel real sorry for Vic:) He knew nothing, saw nothing , and did nothing. He owned the house or bought it for his cousin, friend, or person on the street. If he had any morals then he would have stopped, stepped in or reported the activities. Being he is a person that is in the public eye I guess he just didn't think about it:) Maybe he should go play in country that thinks this kind of behavior is normal. If he goes to prison then maybe he could be given the treatment that the dogs on his property were given. This is just like the WWF not knowing about steroid use :eek:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-27-2007, 09:37 PM
wether he did it all or not. He let who ever live there do it. I am sure he had something to do with it.. And I would have to say yes, I would throw a fit if it was a normal citizen who was doing this to dogs that don't know anything else.
To me I think they need to take all that were involved. tie their asses to a friggen post in the backyard poor blood on there nutts and let the dogs loose on there coward dumn fOck asses. pull the dogs off just before they kill the guys and pour salt in the wounds and then let them slowly bleed to death.:mad: :mad:
Damn lil mama, tell us how you really feel:D :D Thats some funny stuff:Dbut I do agree with you;)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-27-2007, 09:38 PM
I feel real sorry for Vic:) He knew nothing, saw nothing , and did nothing. He owned the house or bought it for his cousin, friend, or person on the street. If he had any morals then he would have stopped, stepped in or reported the activities. Being he is a person that is in the public eye I guess he just didn't think about it:) Maybe he should go play in country that thinks this kind of behavior is normal. If he goes to prison then maybe he could be given the treatment that the dogs on his property were given. This is just like the WWF not knowing about steroid use :eek:
Yeah, I feel ya on this one! WWF is so full of schit......

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-27-2007, 09:42 PM
Damn lil mama, tell us how you really feel:D :D Thats some funny stuff:Dbut I do agree with you;)
LOL!! sorry I kind of got a little pissed while writting..
:D
chopper sick balls.. :D :D :D

Sleeper CP
07-27-2007, 09:47 PM
Vic is just a "Thug from the Hood" he just has more money than those he left behind. It's amazing that he would not stay clear of such stupid, and cruel activities, but then again he is a Thug.
Sleeper CP

Tom Brown
07-27-2007, 09:51 PM
I doubt Michael is going to get any sponsorship deals from Purina any time soon.

SmokinLowriderSS
07-28-2007, 04:01 AM
Where ARE Al and J.J.? They should be allong any moment to do just that. :mad:

SmokinLowriderSS
07-28-2007, 04:03 AM
OMG...I had no IDEA it was that bad!! THat is HORRIBLE! I am sure this will not affect his starting this season.
Dirty phuk tard...
The team OWNER WANTED to give him the maximum he could, a 4-game suspension.
The commissioner is stopping him. Heard this news a few days ago.

SmokinLowriderSS
07-28-2007, 04:11 AM
That about right Boa?
Yep, you have a good grasp of the conspiracy. :D
Makes PERFECT Sense.

Old Texan
07-28-2007, 06:20 AM
One of the codefendants, a Mr. Taylor, has a plea hearing scheduled for Monday. Taylor and Vick allegedly had a falling out over the operation and Taylor was banned from the property according to ESPN sources.
Looks like the rats are beginning to roll over.....Every dog has their day:devil:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-28-2007, 06:36 AM
LOL!! sorry I kind of got a little pissed while writting..
:D
chopper sick balls.. :D :D :D
LOL, :D :D

HavaSkank
07-28-2007, 06:53 AM
Boa, please dont take this the wrong way, but you're an flamming retard.
The amount of evidence stacked against Vick is inescapable. Paranoid, anti-Government, Conspiracy freaks like you make our world colorful; so for that I'll thank you for giving me something humorous to read. It's people like you who keep me employed.
Again, thanks :)

thatguy
07-28-2007, 07:14 AM
Havaskank,
Bingo! 100% on the money. It is people with thinking like our friend above that will drive this country straight into the ground. Economically and judicialy. And however else possible.
Damn, 9:15 and I'm already ranting.
Tommy

lokinutz
07-28-2007, 07:42 AM
Skank,
You just summed up my thoughts exactly!
F'in people nowadays.
These are the kind of people who sue me when they call for my help.

eliminatedsprinter
07-28-2007, 08:30 AM
The evidence aginst Vick seems pretty damning.
PETA is one of the most dishonest activist groups in america and some of their members (under the claimed aliegence to PETA spin off groups ie the ALF) are responsible for hundreds of acts of domestic terrorism (not too many years ago they burned down a brand new veteranary medicine center at U.C.Davis).
I just ignore everything said by the loons at PETA and try to only listen to the evidence that is brought up by legitimate LE. It dosen't seem to look like Ole Mr Vick is a very nice guy, even if many of his accusers are kooks.

Boa1277
07-28-2007, 08:45 AM
Boa, please dont take this the wrong way, but you're an flamming retard.
The amount of evidence stacked against Vick is inescapable. Paranoid, anti-Government, Conspiracy freaks like you make our world colorful; so for that I'll thank you for giving me something humorous to read. It's people like you who keep me employed.
Again, thanks :)
I am truly glad you find me a flaming retard worth laughing at, what is really sad is you completely missed the point. PETA and the Humane Society are dishonest and will do anything for a story, without Vick you no longer have a story. As far as conspiracy theories, how about reading comprehension. How does facts turn into conspiracy, a few federal judges did get fired, and we have a president that is trying to cover it up. FACT, and arent we losing kids in IRAQ every single day. So I guess what I am trying to say is maybe you are the flaming laughing retard not to give a shit about the things that really are hurting our country, not some piece a crap dog fighting ring that a rich sports star is related to. Last time I checked he is innocent until proven guilty. So please dont take this the wrong way, and thank you for giving me something laugh at also, thankfully I dont need people like you to keep me employed.

Boa1277
07-28-2007, 08:48 AM
The evidence aginst Vick seems pretty damning.
PETA is one of the most dishonest activist groups in america and some of their members (under the claimed aliegence to PETA spin off groups ie the ALF) are responsible for hundreds of acts of domestic terrorism (not too many years ago they burned down a brand new veteranary medicine center at U.C.Davis).
I just ignore everything said by the loons at PETA and try to only listen to the evidence that is brought up by legitimate LE. It dosen't seem to look like Ole Mr Vick is a very nice guy, even if many of his accusers are kooks.
I guess I should have said it like the statement above. The Humane Society will do the same things as PETA just not quite as bad.

Boa1277
07-28-2007, 08:51 AM
That about right Boa?
Nice twist of words, let me guess cop or lawyer maybe PETA member. Vick will beat this, the witnesses are crap...Maybe Vick was involved again you are still missing the point, there is more things in this country that people should be concerned with than a sports star involved with dog fighting.....Then again people read the enquirer every single day, so go figure.

Boa1277
07-28-2007, 09:14 AM
You ever seen that Robert Smigel cartoon on SNL? It's called "Divertor". It's a parody cartoon about a superhero that the President uses to create celebrity scandals every time his administration is in hot water. The one I saw, Divertor made Sinbad drop his pants while speaking in front of school children. It was hilarious. :D :D
Yes very very funny, that is how I was trying to make a point, unfortunately I became a paranoid anti goverment retard. Damn it just makes me sick that the press gives more coverage to a piece crap story on Vick than on things that really count. I truly dislike PETA and the stuff I have read on the Humane Society is almost as bad. I know there are good people involved with the Humane Society yet there is also bad bad people who abuse their power. If Vick goes down I will always question the whole thing, the bottom line is I question anything PETA is involved with.

Old Texan
07-28-2007, 09:55 AM
Yes very very funny, that is how I was trying to make a point, unfortunately I became a paranoid anti goverment retard. Damn it just makes me sick that the press gives more coverage to a piece crap story on Vick than on things that really count. I truly dislike PETA and the stuff I have read on the Humane Society is almost as bad. I know there are good people involved with the Humane Society yet there is also bad bad people who abuse their power. If Vick goes down I will always question the whole thing, the bottom line is I question anything PETA is involved with.
The speculation on Vick being guilty is probably in the high 90% range. Everyone deserves their day in court and Vick will certainly get his day. While I appreciate what you're trying to say, your delivery is opening you to a great deal of misinterpretation of your points coupled to the fact you are reading out of context much of what is coming back at you.
Vick is not a very nice guy most likely due to his inflated sense of selfworth and the fact he will not let go of the bad element from his past. Vick has been involved as a spectator and a participant in this barbaric activity since youth. It's what he saw and came to admire back in his teens. This isn't something that has been published but more something I've picked up through the rumor mill so I'm not laying claim to it as fact, but consider the probability to be very high it's true.
Upon gaining the financial means, Vick became a "player" in this undrgraound industry. Those that don't realize the depth and problem of underground animal fighting, here I include cock fighting, are in for a big surprise. This stuff is big business and Vick could very well be a far bigger player than you imagine. It's an industry that has been very well guarded and kept "silent" from the public for years. To even be able to attend an "event" it takes a long tiome to establish "trust" to get you in the "arena". To use an analogy, it's actually not unlike the Mafia of old as far as secrecy goes.
For Vick it isn't about the money either, it's about the attraction and Vick is in very deep from that aspect.
Peta and special interest groups aside, this is about the government trying to make a move on a major segment of this underground industry. The only escape for Vick will be him turning evidence against some bigger element of dog fighting as has codefendant Taylor who will be plea bargaining Monday and probably finger Vick's role. Like the Mafia analogy, the new blood to the "sport" such as Vick haven't realized the need for caution and will hopefully be the weak links to bring it down.
Dog and cock fighting are brutal and need to be stopped. Although BOA, you claim this isn't an important social issue, it really is and once the enormity of the problem is exposed it will quite evident this sick and brutal industry needs to be stopped.

thatguy
07-28-2007, 10:26 AM
Word on the blogs is that this co-defendant is actually going to take the heat and Vick is going to snap him a chunk of cash off the tree. I think it is unlikely, rats always tend to flee a sinking ship.
I was wondering though, why did the other 3 get drug testing?(2 have convictions on their records, they also require ankle braclets) The one who has the plea deal does not require a braclet and has no drug conviction. He did however admit to the judge that he uses drugs. The judge then commended him for his honesty.
Vick does not get a bracelet or testing. Hmmmm. I'll say it again, you gotta give up some things as you grow up. Stupidity is high on the list. Drug buddies from childhood is probably the wrong company to keep if you are a "celebrity" of any kind.
Tommy
PS- Give the whole innocent to proven guilty deal a rest. Yeah, it is the cornerstone of our system. He will be hammered however. Fed. indictments are a far cry from what happened at Duke. There is no way he will come out unscathed.

Boa1277
07-28-2007, 11:24 AM
The speculation on Vick being guilty is probably in the high 90% range. Everyone deserves their day in court and Vick will certainly get his day. While I appreciate what you're trying to say, your delivery is opening you to a great deal of misinterpretation of your points coupled to the fact you are reading out of context much of what is coming back at you.
Dog and cock fighting are brutal and need to be stopped. Although BOA, you claim this isn't an important social issue, it really is and once the enormity of the problem is exposed it will quite evident this sick and brutal industry needs to be stopped.
Misinterpretation LOL I never have been very good at writing...
Dog and cock fighting are brutal, I agree they need to be stopped. I feel there are more important social issues than this, and without Vick this would not be an issue. I do feel Vick is a minor player the only thing they are getting is press, the indictment says it all. Again just my interpretation of the indictment and the quality of witnesses. The game is very very deep and the real players no longer reside in the U.S.A. however the animals do...hence breeders like Floyd Bourdeaux getting in lots of trouble...I guess my biggest problem with this whole thing, it is just going to give PETA and the Humane Society more fuel for the BSL (Breed Specific Litigation)movement across the nation. Since I own a Pit Bull and have for the last 25yrs it scares me when things like this happen. Look at Denver Colorado you cannot even own a Pit Bull within city limits and cities are adopting laws like Denvers all over our country...they say Los Angeles is next.

Old Texan
07-28-2007, 02:53 PM
Misinterpretation LOL I never have been very good at writing...
Dog and cock fighting are brutal, I agree they need to be stopped. I feel there are more important social issues than this, and without Vick this would not be an issue. I do feel Vick is a minor player the only thing they are getting is press, the indictment says it all. Again just my interpretation of the indictment and the quality of witnesses. The game is very very deep and the real players no longer reside in the U.S.A. however the animals do...hence breeders like Floyd Bourdeaux getting in lots of trouble...I guess my biggest problem with this whole thing, it is just going to give PETA and the Humane Society more fuel for the BSL (Breed Specific Litigation)movement across the nation. Since I own a Pit Bull and have for the last 25yrs it scares me when things like this happen. Look at Denver Colorado you cannot even own a Pit Bull within city limits and cities are adopting laws like Denvers all over our country...they say Los Angeles is next.
From the many Pitbull threads we've had on the forum it is evident that the breed is always under the microscope and faces the "bad breed" moniker. If for nothing other than this reasoning it is a big social issue. Fighting these animals is the worst of the publicity and the copycat lame asses that try and train the breed to be mean is the secondary cause for the bad publicity. Both should be done away with somehow.
A guy like Vick is apparently covering both avenues of giving these dogs a bad name. I'm not versed on the problems you speak about but I can't help but think Vick is among those at the core of the trouble. Very sad how some seek their "pleasures".

bonesfab
07-28-2007, 02:54 PM
You can always take the brother out of the hood, but you can't take the hood out of the brother. It's about time some top celebrity gets whats coming. Way to many over payed whining pieces of $hit out there that are "role models" of todays youth. No wonder why society is so f*&ked up..

lokinutz
07-28-2007, 03:13 PM
No Boa,
Not a cop or lawyer, just a dumb fireman who sees kids every day that idolize athletes. If you are going to be in the public eye and a role model (whether you like it or not) you need to keep clean. Too many kids will think dogfighting is cool because Vick was doing it. You know that's the truth.
I simply restated things you wrote in previous posts. Don't write what you don't mean.

RitcheyRch
07-28-2007, 03:58 PM
Sad but true.
No Boa,
Not a cop or lawyer, just a dumb fireman who sees kids every day that idolize athletes. If you are going to be in the public eye and a role model (whether you like it or not) you need to keep clean. Too many kids will think dogfighting is cool because Vick was doing it. You know that's the truth.
I simply restated things you wrote in previous posts. Don't write what you don't mean.

Boa1277
07-28-2007, 04:34 PM
No Boa,
You took comparrison statements and synopsized them. Unfortunately I think you missed the point I was trying to make, I meant everything I wrote.:idea: