PDA

View Full Version : Hard to say good bye

Coach
07-28-2007, 06:13 PM
I had to say good bye to a friend and a co-worker today. He was a great guy who die last week at the age of 58. He was a teacher with me and by the show of student support over the last 30 years was well received and loved. We did annual "guys trips" with him and he was a friend and also a father figure to me. My own dad passed 2 years ago and I look up to him and loved getting that fatherly insight you can only get from your elders. I am hurt and bothered by his loss, but a classic move came at the memorial. Our great friend was talking about Bob and made a few of us come up to the stage and explained that Bob taught us about D&D (he didn't but this great) Drink and drift. He handed us each a small bottle of JD (Jack Daniels single shot style) and opened a beer (in front of the minister) Who just about had a heart attack. We raised it up and did a quick drink for our man Bob (I know not all of you will agree, but if you knew Bob he would have been on his *** laughing the whole time). I am sure we offended a few, we had no idea this was going to happen, but I know that Bob (the ultimate Parrot Head (Buffet young guys) ) would have approved. I am sure this not the first time I though I might go to hell, but the memory of Bob was well worth it to me. I am having a tough day and I am tired of crying. Got a few beers in me and playing some Jimmy for my man Bob. God Bless and remember tomorrow might be your last, so live it the way you see fit.
R.I.P. Bob Lewis 1948-2007
Godspeed Bob I will see you one day.

SummerBreeze
07-28-2007, 06:19 PM
Sorry for your loss
It sounds like he was a great person and made a difference
R I P

Havasu1986
07-28-2007, 06:28 PM
Sorry about your loss Coach. I did tell Nate and some of the other guys at the gym that knew him. They all had great things to say about him. Nate said he was at Esperanza since the school opened in the mid 70's. :(

rocket98
07-28-2007, 06:48 PM
It sounds like he lived life.......... to that a great hello. It may seem that a passing of someone that had a effect on your life is over, It's just a continution of his ways that affected you. Feel proud he is a part of you......... Our hearts and prayers go out to all

NashvilleBound
07-28-2007, 07:06 PM
Sorry for your loss Coach. Life is tough sometimes and we dont usually understand things.... just dont wait to "live you life" is all I have to say. Life "can be" short and you never know when its your time.......again, sorry for your loss.

hoolign
07-28-2007, 07:22 PM
I had to say good bye to a friend and a co-worker today. He was a great guy who die last week at the age of 58. He was a teacher with me and by the show of student support over the last 30 years was well received and loved. We did annual "guys trips" with him and he was a friend and also a father figure to me. My own dad passed 2 years ago and I look up to him and loved getting that fatherly insight you can only get from your elders. I am hurt and bothered by his loss, but a classic move came at the memorial. Our great friend was talking about Bob and made a few of us come up to the stage and explained that Bob taught us about D&D (he didn't but this great) Drink and drift. He handed us each a small bottle of JD (Jack Daniels single shot style) and opened a beer (in front of the minister) Who just about had a heart attack. We raised it up and did a quick drink for our man Bob (I know not all of you will agree, but if you knew Bob he would have been on his *** laughing the whole time). I am sure we offended a few, we had no idea this was going to happen, but I know that Bob (the ultimate Parrot Head (Buffet young guys) ) would have approved. I am sure this not the first time I though I might go to hell, but the memory of Bob was well worth it to me. I am having a tough day and I am tired of crying. Got a few beers in me and playing some Jimmy for my man Bob. God Bless and remember tomorrow might be your last, so live it the way you see fit.
R.I.P. Bob Lewis 1948-2007
Godspeed Bob I will see you one day.
Hoistin a Jack for your bud... D&D LMAO! Sounds like he was a great dude! Time heals all, but thank God it does not take the memories!

warlock 27
07-28-2007, 07:55 PM
sorry about bob, i know how you feel...
In June we went to my tutor's house Dee, because she was not feeling well, i was in the truck calling some one, my mom and my brother went in. finally i got in there to see how she was feeling but she went to bed all ready. well the next next day I find out that she past away that night. it was hard on me, it took a few weeks for me to get over what happened, i still think of her.she was the best teacher EVER'.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-28-2007, 08:11 PM
we are so sorry for your loss. I am sure you have some great memories to remember him by. we pray to give you all the strength to get through this. Always remember him, time will heel the wounds but the memories will last you a life time.

coolchange
07-28-2007, 08:40 PM
Sorry for your loss. 58 is just too dam young. A true JB fan would have expected nothing less! We had a last pass, 150+ mph boost to God Speed parachute memorial for a friend a few months ago. Great way to remember a loved ones passing by doing something personal. R.I.P. Bob.

Tom Brown
07-28-2007, 11:22 PM
Now I'm getting old, I don't wear underwear. I don't go to church and I don't cut my hair. I can go to movies and see it all there, just the way that it used to be. :cool:
Sorry, Coach.

RiverOtter
07-29-2007, 04:34 AM
:( Sorry for the loss