PDA

View Full Version : Should I call CPS.....

Cole
07-30-2007, 02:57 PM
(Child protection services) if my X-wife is driving my 6 year old without a booster chair?
She refuses to awnser my phone calls in reguards to this... I left several messages to please call me to simply confirm that she is getting my messages.... or is she just deleting them!!
I'm fed up with her BS and am fiilling out the new custody papers as we speak!!!
Women have no common sence sometimes!!!:devil: sorry about the rant

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-30-2007, 03:02 PM
(Child protection services) if my X-wife is driving my 6 year old without a booster chair?
She refuses to awnser my phone calls in reguards to this... I left several messages to please call me to simply confirm that she is getting my messages.... or is she just deleting them!!
I'm fed up with her BS and am fiilling out the new custody papers as we speak!!!
Women have no common sence sometimes!!!:devil: sorry about the rant
sounds like a bad divorce..

roostwear
07-30-2007, 03:03 PM
Size and weight of the child?

RitcheyRch
07-30-2007, 03:04 PM
Be prepared for things to get real nasty if you call CPS on her.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-30-2007, 03:05 PM
what is her excuse for not using one.

Cole Trickle
07-30-2007, 03:05 PM
yeah....Are booster seats required at that age?
Pretty sure my parents logged about 100K miles with me sitting in the back of a 77 Dodge van on ice chest filled with lowenbrau and Coors:D:jawdrop: :devil:

TRUMP TIGHT
07-30-2007, 03:06 PM
This is all that matters.

Cole
07-30-2007, 03:07 PM
about 40 pds...not sure how tall, average height for a 6 yr old.
I know its 6 yrs old and 60 pds...(6 and 6 the Seal beach pd told me.)

topless
07-30-2007, 03:08 PM
http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/boosterseats.html

Cole
07-30-2007, 03:09 PM
Be prepared for things to get real nasty if you call CPS on her.
I know...but I need to make a stand.

Cole
07-30-2007, 03:11 PM
what is her excuse for not using one.
that the other kids dont use them....this is what she told me. :confused:

RitcheyRch
07-30-2007, 03:11 PM
You will definitely make a stand.
You should verify that she isnt using one if she is required by law to use one before you call.
I know...but I need to make a stand.

CBadDad
07-30-2007, 03:20 PM
Is there any other kind?
http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/boosterseats.html
The New Law Says...
Children must be secured in an appropriate child passenger restraint (safety seat or booster seat) until they are at least 6 years old or weigh at least 60 pounds.
There is nothing CPS or the cops can do about it.
Tryto get along best you can...it'll all work out in the long run. Take a deep breath and count to ten. I've been there before too.

Mike67rs
07-30-2007, 03:22 PM
Cole, click the CHP link above. The law says booster seat is not required...6 years old or 60 lbs.
The New Law Says...
Children must be secured in an appropriate child passenger restraint (safety seat or booster seat) until they are at least 6 years old or weigh at least 60 pounds.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-30-2007, 03:24 PM
Is there any other kind?
Tryto get along best you can...it'll all work out in the long run. Take a deep breath and count to ten. I've been there before too.
well I for one would not know and don't care to find out.. :D :D

USCFAN
07-30-2007, 03:34 PM
Cole, click the CHP link above. The law says booster seat is not required...6 years old or 60 lbs.
The New Law Says...
Got stopped about a week ago and the officer confirmed that it is six OR sixty pounds.

Cole
07-30-2007, 03:47 PM
Is there any other kind?
I really appreciate what you are saying but I have bowed to her every whim....She just likes to pull her "ALL MIGHTY" does nothing wrong crap....
bottom line she keeps holding the kids from me for various bs reasons...
I dont have a leg to stand on because SHE HAS FULL CUSTODY!
and I have supervised visitation...:devil:
I talked to a lawyer today and we have the ball roling for a 50/50 legal and visitation ...
My X has made some errors.....I have never really had a suppervised visitation because she allows them to come to my homes in the IE..)when I lived there).
So the lawyer said by default since she lets me have them all the time anyway...she breaks her own court order!
The boys need there father and its time to fight for them!!!
by the way my boys are name "Cole and Connor":D

BrendellaJet
07-30-2007, 03:56 PM
I really appreciate what you are saying but I have bowed to her every whim....She just likes to pull her "ALL MIGHTY" does nothing wrong crap....
I talked to a lawyer today and we have the ball roling for a 50/50 legal and visitation ...
My X has made some errors.....I have never really had a suppervised visitation because she allows them to come to my homes in the IE..)when I lived there).
So the lawyer said by default since she lets me have them all the time anyway...she breaks her own court order!
Good looking kids. Do waht you need to to get the visitation changed to 50/50. Hopefully the msitakes she has made will support your cause. Looks like the booster seat deal is a non issue now since he is 6.
Most of all, try to get along with her. Having divorced parents sucks. Try to get along with her and hang out for special occasions & holidays if not more often. Had a friend whose parents were divorced and they all hang out all the time. Made me jealous that mine couldn't do the same. Just because you aren't married anymore doesn't mean you cant be friends. Suck it up and do it for the kids.

CBadDad
07-30-2007, 04:04 PM
Why pay a lawyer more money to get what you already have? I hear what you're saying and I've posted (some) of my challenges here. Four years ago I had a restraining order against me and the school school called the cops when I went to pick up my kids (the restraining order only lasted a couple of days, but the ex had the school fooled). Anyways, I have full custody of my kids. If you wanna fight, court is the place to do it, but in the end, it's just gonna cost you a boat load of money.
I ain't saying it's easy, but in the long run everything will work out. Don't do anything drastic or that you'll regret down the road.

pixilatedpussy
07-30-2007, 04:06 PM
Got stopped about a week ago and the officer confirmed that it is six OR sixty pounds.
I thought the same thing........???:confused:

socalmoney
07-30-2007, 04:06 PM
Your basically focked here. If you call CPS, it's your kid that will go through the ringer. Your kid will go through several interviews, none of which are fun. He will be pulled out of class for them if she is school age. You and your wife will also be interviewed but it is a bit easier on adults. When you go to court and start bitching about the fact that your ex-wife doesn't use a booster seat, they are going to just roll their eyes at you. She will deny it and the Judge will just say, "both parents are required to provide a booster seat". There will be something mentioned in the new orders and that's it. Nobody will be "busted" for it. CPS will be pissed they have to deal with this and your kid will be bummed out. I respect that fact that you want your kid safe but the family law system is not perfect. You will see. Don't expect to get 50/50 based on the fact that he isn't in a booster seat. That is trivial in the courts eye. Good luck on this. I feel for people in this situation.

CBadDad
07-30-2007, 04:07 PM
That pic would make for a good avatar dude

uLtRADeNniS
07-30-2007, 04:11 PM
Just slash her tires tonight. Then she wont be driving anywhere. Problem Solved. ;)

Cole
07-30-2007, 04:16 PM
That pic would make for a good avatar dude
Done:D :D

Miss Perfect
07-30-2007, 04:37 PM
Your basically focked here. If you call CPS, it's your kid that will go through the ringer. Your kid will go through several interviews, none of which are fun. He will be pulled out of class for them if she is school age. You and your wife will also be interviewed but it is a bit easier on adults. When you go to court and start bitching about the fact that your ex-wife doesn't use a booster seat, they are going to just roll their eyes at you. She will deny it and the Judge will just say, "both parents are required to provide a booster seat". There will be something mentioned in the new orders and that's it. Nobody will be "busted" for it. CPS will be pissed they have to deal with this and your kid will be bummed out. I respect that fact that you want your kid safe but the family law system is not perfect. You will see. Don't expect to get 50/50 based on the fact that he isn't in a booster seat. That is trivial in the courts eye. Good luck on this. I feel for people in this situation.
well put! Calling CPS is only going to make life more difficult and confusing for your kids. It won't help anything in the long run. Hang in there and good luck.... it will all work out in the end.