PDA

View Full Version : I Guess Cheaters do Prosper

AzMandella
02-19-2006, 05:13 PM
Well I guess Jimmy Johnson and Hendick Motorsports has proven that cheaters do prosper.As far as I'm concerned they should have ejected the whole team.You will never convince me that Chad Knaus was the only person that knew what he was up to.I'm sure Jimmy knew what was going on,and wouldn't be suprised if Rick Hendrick knew also.

Boatcop
02-19-2006, 05:18 PM
Not to mention that Knaus' suspension didn't do any real harm, since he was probably in constant contact with the team via net, email and cell phone. There's no doubt in my mind that he was calling the shots during the race.

RitcheyRch
02-19-2006, 05:24 PM
I was thinking the same thing.
Not to mention that Knaus' suspension didn't do any real harm, since he was probably in constant contact with the team via net, email and cell phone. There's no doubt in my mind that he was calling the shots during the race.

AzMandella
02-19-2006, 05:27 PM
NASCAR should strip that car down to every nut and bolt in tech tonight.

Kilrtoy
02-19-2006, 05:46 PM
It is not that big of a deal

schiada96
02-19-2006, 05:46 PM
NASCAR should strip that car down to every nut and bolt in tech tonight.
Along with every outher ford team that has cheated along the way

AzMandella
02-19-2006, 05:56 PM
Along with every outher ford team that has cheated along the way
Sure as soon as you find one that has been caught cheating as much as the 48 team has.I can't really think of any team Ford or Chevy that has gained areputation for cheating like the 48 team has.They all have probably tried at one time or another but learned not to put their hand back in the fire.Hell as many times that the 48 team has been caught how many times did they get away with it.they definately deserve to have a watchful eye on them moreso than the rest.

burtandnancy
02-19-2006, 06:06 PM
They take that car away anyway, to put in the Dayton Museum, but I don't know if it gets torn down first...

AzMandella
02-19-2006, 06:11 PM
They take that car away anyway, to put in the Dayton Museum, but I don't know if it gets torn down first...
It definately get's torn down to regular poat race inspection.But they should put a little extra into it for this team.The officials should act like proctologist in this case. :p

Kilrtoy
02-19-2006, 06:48 PM
ya, when it's not your dollars being spent :rolleyes:
Sorry JR sucks and cant win with all of his daddy's money.

Wicked Performance Boats
02-19-2006, 06:57 PM
All teams do it! It's not cheating till you get caught. Over the years, the most famous racers in nascar have cheated or got caught trying something new. It's called R&D. I'd do it myself and you would do it too if it made you more competitive or a winner Budlight

patsbrothel
02-19-2006, 07:11 PM
:cry: Whaaaaaaaaa Whaaaaaaaaa fricking Crybabies :cry:
To all the 48 haters........ Suck it up!..

TeamGreene
02-19-2006, 07:21 PM
Sorry JR sucks and cant win with all of his daddy's money.
The deffinition of character is doing the right thing even when noboby's looking. Just my .02 And as far as the baiting comment about Jr just consider the source.

tgun
02-19-2006, 07:32 PM
Don't worry folks, the 48 will choke in the end just like he did last year.

Kilrtoy
02-19-2006, 07:40 PM
The deffinition of character is doing the right thing even when noboby's looking. Just my .02 And as far as the baiting comment about Jr just consider the source.
Too bad all of them have tried some sort of adjustment at some time or another.
I guess you fell for it,next :rolleyes:
And as far as CHARACTER, just use your mouth wash bottle :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Boa1277
02-19-2006, 07:46 PM
LOL LOL #48 rules the nascar circuit so far this year. LOL
You guys shouldnt be so bitter. LOL

Wavemaker
02-19-2006, 07:49 PM
The 48 taem cars had to pass the templates inspection for body conformity. If the rear window profiles were different than the templates at the time the cars are presented for inspection an opportunity to fix the problems is given the team, with a resubmittal of the car for re-inspection prior to being allowed onto the track. The car is marked by a Nascar inspection sticker when the car is approved and has passed inspection.
The window profile controversy in this case would have had to happen after the car intially passed the body profile templates inspection as some extra-curicular body work may have been performed at some time later than the inspection and passing the profile templates testing. This is why the Crew chief would be penalized.
Carburators are checked for compliance in the intinial inspection process and all things as fuel lines, fuel tank capacity, filler neck capacity (a Roger Penske trick it took years to figure out in Trans-Am racing), as well window thickness, rollcarge and frame tubular thicknesses, eat belt mounting points etc. The list goes on & on. Once these cars pass the inspection, and the certification sticker is placed by the NASCAR officials, the game is on to see what you might try to get away with. Gary Neilson is onto this game. He was a crew chief and knows what the game is.
Jimmy Johnson's car would not be on the track if it didn't get re-inspected and passed, after the NASCAR officials caught the infraction(s). It will be interesting to see the lenght of the suspension Knaus gets. He is well known for pushing the rules and finding the grey areas in the rule book. Many other crew chiefs have been caught. It just isn't Hendrick Racing doing this. Dale Jr.'s car was caught last year for a windshield of too thinn material (weight saving attempt). Others have tried tried cheating on the fuel tank capacity, (Kevin Harvick in 2005), others have been caught for routing extra long fuel hoses between the tank and the engine bay to increase fuel capacity over the years. How creative a team can be involves more than the crew chief, but the crew chief is the one that allows the idea to become reality on the vehicle. The crew chief takes the intial responsibilty of actions of their crew.
A popular win, or not, 48 won unless the post race tear-down reveals more issues. On to Fontana!
Wavemaker

Boatcop
02-19-2006, 07:50 PM
LOL LOL #48 rules the nascar circuit so far this year. LOL
You guys shouldnt be so bitter. LOL
Too bad he'll be bumped back to 9th place after the 50 point penalty NASCAR is going to impose. He needed to win just to stay in the top ten.

TeamGreene
02-19-2006, 07:50 PM
Does the deffinition of "adjustment" include a mechanical device to raise the rear window? Think again.

Boa1277
02-19-2006, 07:54 PM
Too bad he'll be bumped back to 9th place after the 50 point penalty NASCAR is going to impose. He needed to win just to stay in the top ten.
LOL LOL :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Lifes to short to be mad..LOL

Kilrtoy
02-19-2006, 08:02 PM
Does the deffinition of "adjustment" include a mechanical device to raise the rear window? Think again.
Does smuggling and cheating people out of money also mean good character

Dusty Times
02-19-2006, 08:42 PM
In every form of racing the guy that figures out a way to bend the rules the most wins. That unfortunatly is what makes the smarter team. They all do it.

TeamGreene
02-19-2006, 09:21 PM
Does smuggling and cheating people out of money also mean good character
? A little thing called proof might be in order

haulina29
02-19-2006, 09:45 PM
Dont beat on Hendrix he a boat racer not a good ole boy hes one of us .

H20 Toie
02-19-2006, 10:04 PM
He won a race with his trick shocks last year so why not keep going until you get caught

Hardly Satisfied
02-19-2006, 10:14 PM
Hate the game Not the player

Seadog
02-20-2006, 06:25 AM
If the 'everybody does it' is an excuse, then why are we presecuting Ken Lay and his Enron crowd. There is gray area and there is blatant cheating. Even two of the other owners have said that if it happened on their team, it would cost the crew chief his job. The only right punishment would have been to pull the team for the race. It is not like there was not several quality teams waiting to run.

HOSS
02-20-2006, 06:49 AM
NASCAR = bunch of guys changing positions in a circle.
circlejerk = bunch of guys changing positions in a circle.

AzMandella
02-20-2006, 11:46 AM
He won a race with his trick shocks last year so why not keep going until you get caught
That is textbook example of exploiting the grey area of the rules.They were not fined,striped of points,or the win.As they should not have been.NASCAR then shored up the rules to prevent it from being done again.But Cheater Knaus's other attempts at circumventing the rules,as he did in Daytona,were blatant atempts at cheating.There was no gray area there at all.I'm suprised Lowe's has not asked for his head on a platter.I know if I was spending millions to field a NASCAR team I sure wouldn't want them making my buisiness name synonomous with cheating.

HighRoller
02-20-2006, 12:46 PM
Anyone who is interested in cheating in NASCAR should read Smokey Yunick's book. A pretty good insider's view of all the dirty stuff that racers do and how the France family selectively let certain racers get away with it to get a desired result. Smokey was famous for bending rules, but he took a strong stand against cheating.

schiada96
02-20-2006, 03:16 PM
If the 'everybody does it' is an excuse, then why are we presecuting Ken Lay and his Enron crowd. There is gray area and there is blatant cheating. Even two of the other owners have said that if it happened on their team, it would cost the crew chief his job. The only right punishment would have been to pull the team for the race. It is not like there was not several quality teams waiting to run.
Oh my god this is nascar no one is losing their life savings over bending the rules. There was no specific rule broken.You watch what nascar uses for the name of the infraction.And I'm not a JJ fan. Just a guy who now lives in nascar country.

Seadog
02-20-2006, 07:14 PM
No body got killed by the Enron scandal, yet people can get killed in NASCAR. You can argue all you want about the degree of wrong, but when they cheat to win, they are cheating the people that follow the rules to make their living racing.

slink
02-20-2006, 07:18 PM
Heard that his car passed a 4hr tear down / inspection right after the race, so how did he cheat ?

AzMandella
02-20-2006, 07:37 PM
So was it jimmie gordon or jeff johnson that won ?? they kinda the same, both puppets. Now on to the penalty, why does nascar wait until after race weekend to give out the penalty, why of course, not to rock the team, owner, sponsors, if nascar truly had any balls, they would have done the penalty phase right then and there, as a minimum, dock the owner, driver 100 ponits and suspend the crew chief 1/4 of the season !!! that applies to all teams !! You all forget, this is the 48's 3rd time getting caught in less than 2 years, that is the real point!!! Johnson will always be in the category of a Gordon, Busch (Both), the arrogant punks !!!!
Hell they should have ejected the team from the race period.There were 15 other teams that try to qualify leagaly that didn't get to race.They should of booted the 48 team and taken the fastest qualifier of the 15.why should they have to sit out while a cheater gets to run.

schiada96
02-20-2006, 08:36 PM
That is textbook example of exploiting the grey area of the rules.They were not fined,striped of points,or the win.As they should not have been.NASCAR then shored up the rules to prevent it from being done again.But Cheater Knaus's other attempts at circumventing the rules,as he did in Daytona,were blatant atempts at cheating.There was no gray area there at all.I'm suprised Lowe's has not asked for his head on a platter.I know if I was spending millions to field a NASCAR team I sure wouldn't want them making my buisiness name synonomous with cheating.
A grey area or just one nascar had not thought of. They sure made a rule up quick so no one else would use the idea. Alot of nascar teams cheat.Roush,DEI,Childress Joe Gibbs,Petty,Hendrick,Yates.
Hell nascar has a crew chief repeat offender in charge of rule inforcement.

schiada96
02-20-2006, 08:39 PM
No body got killed by the Enron scandal, yet people can get killed in NASCAR. You can argue all you want about the degree of wrong, but when they cheat to win, they are cheating the people that follow the rules to make their living racing.
They all cheat, name a team that hasen't been busted in the last few years you won't find alot of them.