PDA

View Full Version : Hey UPSMan?

Boatcop
02-19-2006, 07:34 PM
How does the dude in the big brown truck deliver a package to an address 2 streets over, with a completely different house number? And to a Church, no less? Are you guys hiring the mentally challenged these days?
If the pastor of the church hadn't brought the package to me yesterday, I was gonna go Tony Stewart on the next brown truck I saw.

upsman105
02-19-2006, 08:08 PM
Come on you live in Parker how many unique addresses can there be. :redface:

73kona455
02-19-2006, 08:23 PM
atleast they got the right city and state... which can be hard for them to do at times.....

Hal
02-19-2006, 08:27 PM
If the pastor of the church hadn't brought the package to me yesterday, I was gonna go Tony Stewart on the next brown truck I saw.
:D :D :D

YeLLowBoaT
02-19-2006, 08:28 PM
Atleast they are not like DHL and rear end you at a red light :crossx:
On a side note have you ever traced your packages??? Last year I pick up a part for a friend in town( sacramento ) and shiped it too him in concord CA( about 70 miles or so) well it some how ended up going to LA, then dallas, SF, Redding CA, then finally too him...Guess they lost money on that package...

upsman105
02-19-2006, 08:30 PM
was it next day air?

Boatcop
02-19-2006, 08:44 PM
Atleast they are not like DHL and rear end you at a red light :crossx:
On a side note have you ever traced your packages??? Last year I pick up a part for a friend in town( sacramento ) and shiped it too him in concord CA( about 70 miles or so) well it some how ended up going to LA, then dallas, SF, Redding CA, then finally too him...Guess they lost money on that package...
I know the feeling. Our "local" UPS depot is in Blythe. No matter where the package is coming from, it has to go through that depot. And before it goes there, it has to go through the Distribution center in Phoenix.
I think it's amusing when a package from, say Rex Marine, goes from San Dimas to Cerritos to Phoenix to Blythe then to Parker. The truck carrying it passes through Blythe on the way to Phoenix. :confused:
What's even better, is when a package is shipped from Havasu to Parker. (40 miles) In that case, it goes from Havasu to Kingman to Phoenix to Blythe to Parker. (450 miles)

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-19-2006, 09:38 PM
I am lucky. My UPS lady is a personal friend of mine and my neighbor. We have shared numerous beers together. The only time I have a problem is when she goes on vacation and the temp can't find my addy. They don't like when I give them directions like "turn right at the big pepper tree." Plus, my mailing address is at the main road and I live on an offshoot. So they drive up and down the main road, looking for the house that goes with the mailbox. :rolleyes: It's a pain in my a$$.

JustMVG
02-19-2006, 11:45 PM
Don't feel bad DHL delivered a package of mine to the wrong address and only because the persons name was Michelle, and they thought oh this is a package for Michael, he probably lives there too, friggin DHL, on another note you should see one of the UPS Hubs, i work at the Ontario Ca. hub, i am on the flight line getting the fueling done, but if you were to see how big these Hub facilities are you would be blown away. UPS will send one of our Feeder aircraft to with just one Next or Second day package to make sure the customer gets it, one package, and flying those aircraft ain't cheap.
Hey every once in a while we do make a mistake, but compare us to some of the other delivery services and you'll see UPS is far better.
MikeVG

Wicked Performance Boats
02-20-2006, 04:51 AM
I work for the post office and I ship most packages UPS. I want it to get there in reasonable condition. Budlight

Sleek-Jet
02-20-2006, 11:43 AM
I had the Fed-Ex guys deliver packages to someone on the same road number (well, almost).... just ten miles farther South. :rolleyes:
My address at the time was 181XX County Rd 27.8 and the person that lived at 81XX County Rd 27 got the envelope. Not like there was anything important in the envelope (like say a couple thousand dollars worth of race tickets)... So do to the good nature and honesty of the person at 81XX... I got my tickets. I called Fed-Ex, and they really didn't see to much of a problem, after all, I did get the tickets. :220v:
I have everything delivered to work now.
And I'm pretty sure that if you send something across town with Fed-Ex... it takes a round trip to Memphis and back... That several thousand miles from here.

R.A.D.man
02-20-2006, 12:05 PM
I just waited all day at home on Saturday for a Fedex Saturday delivery needed for work Monday. It's 2 o'clock Monday afternoon now and I still do not have it. At least the weather was bad and I did not wait at the office all day. Maybe Tom Hanks has it on an island somewhere.
Well, it showed up at 5 0'clock Monday. Thanks Fed Ex :mad:

syke-o
02-20-2006, 12:13 PM
i ship 10-20 pacakages a day via ups and for the most part they are decent, but the best is when we shiiped a box from so cal to nor cal, and the customer called a few days later and was wondering where the package was.. well turns out it was shipped out new jersey.. ha ha... so we called ups and told them of their error and told them the customer really needed the package to complete their job and if they could next day air it back to its destination.. they said now way, that they could only send it the origial way it was shipped, which was ground... pretty weak if you ask me, for it being there mistake.... but there isnt anyone better out there, so we continue using them... :crossx:

wsuwrhr
02-20-2006, 12:13 PM
I'll take the 1 in a 100 mistake of UPS, compared to the consistent bullshit from DHL, any time, any day.
Brian

Ziggy
02-20-2006, 12:17 PM
How does the dude in the big brown truck deliver a package to an address 2 streets over, with a completely different house number? And to a Church, no less? Are you guys hiring the mentally challenged these days?
Sounds like that driver needed a "help desk" in the middle of the road for him. :rolleyes: Bet the package knew it was not supposed to be in a church :rollside:
what bugs me is when they do a ding-dong-ditch and leave the package on the doorstep with a big sticker that says "signature required". :mad:

wsuwrhr
02-20-2006, 12:19 PM
Did I mention DHL had at least 10 brainless idiots working for them?
Yes, at least ten that I have met so far anyway.
I am so foking tired of doing 1/2 of their job.
WsuwouldusesomeoneotherthanDHLwrhr

Ziggy
02-20-2006, 12:20 PM
I'll take the 1 in a 100 mistake of UPS, compared to the consistent bullshit from DHL, any time, any day.
Brian
DHL took over the old Airborne Express.........can't tell you how many times we had to jump start those trucks when they stopped here :rolleyes:

superdave013
02-20-2006, 12:20 PM
Hove you ever shiped something UPS to the wrong address (like the guy moved and you didn't catch it) and tried to the the package turned around and sent back?
Total pain in the a$$. They can't catch it an one of the many hubs it goes through. You have to call when it's on the truck out for delivery. total bs
Lately I've been using USPS flat rate. They give you the boxs for fee and you can ship up to 70 pounds (as long as it fits in the unmodified box) across the US for 8.10. Add .50 for delivery comferm and it's still a good deal.

wsuwrhr
02-20-2006, 12:23 PM
Ray, DHL sucks.

HighRoller
02-20-2006, 12:29 PM
It may just be me, but UPS doesn't seem as sharp as they once were. I ordered a laptop at the beginning of the month and it still isn't here. It shipped on the 9th, went to Nevada, sat a day, left Nevada with a delivery date of 2/13. Didn't show up and on 2/14 was showing "in transit"with no delivery date. Called UPS and they said they didn't know where it was shipped from so they had no idea where it was and what the new delivery date was. Very helpful. Turns out my package went to Minnesota. Oops. Now it's "in transit" again......Abu Bin Laden from Dell is gonna hook me up with a refund on my handling fee so it's not a total loss.

Run_em_Hard
02-20-2006, 12:56 PM
I have delt a ton with shipping companies(200+ packages a day)...UPS sucks!!! They don't seem to care. Fex Ex Ground sucks less but still kinda suck. The only way that I will ever ship is Federal Express. They care and they are the best at getting everything delivered on time. My .02

2Driver
02-20-2006, 12:58 PM
You should be used to the river cliché by now. Same cliché you get at a restaurant when your meal sucks or your new roof leaks or the repair guy no shows his appointment..........
"Dude come on, its the river"

YeLLowBoaT
02-20-2006, 12:59 PM
DHL likes to rearend ppl when they are stoped and red lights..... :crossx:

wsuwrhr
02-20-2006, 01:10 PM
DHL likes to rearend ppl when they are stoped and red lights..... :crossx:
Make that 11 employees then.
Brian

Krazy K
02-20-2006, 02:21 PM
Brian
You know. I have never had a problem with UPS.
DHL, on the other hand, can suck my balls! I hooked up with Vonage at the beginning of Feburary. They don't send to PO Boxes so I gave them my street address. They deliver it to the PO!!! Apparently, their DHL @ Home service means they give your package to the PO and the PO is supposed to deliver it to you. Well, I live where the PO doesn't deliver the mail. They have PO Boxes. I have called DHL on numerous occasions and tell them the story. The package just got sent back to Vonage a SECOND time!! They say I should see it by Friday the 24th.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: