PDA

View Full Version : If you don't like our way get out!

MagicMtnDan
02-19-2006, 08:22 PM
Australia got it right months ago
Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were recently told to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks. A day after a group of mainstream Muslim leaders pledged loyalty to Australia at a special meeting with Prime Minister John Howard, he and his ministers made it clear that extremists would face a crackdown.
Treasurer Peter Costello (Australia) hinted that some radical clerics could be asked to leave the country if they did not accept that Australia was a secular state and its laws were made by parliament.
“If those are not your values, if you want a country which has Sharia law or a theocratic state, then Australia is not for you,” he said on national television.
“I’d be saying to clerics who are teaching that there are two laws governing people in Australia, one the Australian law and another, the Islamic law, that this is false. If you can’t agree with parliamentary law, independent courts, democracy, and would prefer Sharia law, and have the opportunity to go to another country which practices it, perhaps, then, that’s a better option,” Costello said.
Asked whether he meant radical clerics would be forced to leave, he said those with dual citizenship could possibly be asked move to the other country.
Education Minister Brendan Nelson later told reporters that Muslims who did not want to accept local values should “clear off”.
“Basically, people who don’t want to be Australians, and they don’t want to live by Australian values and understand them, well then they can basically clear off,” he said.
Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims by saying he supported spies monitoring the nationÂ’s mosques.
BRITS, AMERICANS and CANADIANS ARE YOU LISTENING? This is Leadership with guts!

Dusty Times
02-19-2006, 08:37 PM
I like their way of thinking.
Now if we could get someone to stand up for our values (the USA)

Doctor Kenneth Noisewater
02-19-2006, 08:42 PM
The statement is simple. The only law is that set forth by the government, and I absolutely agree. I think the U.S. should do the same, but what I would really like to see is to have that same theory applied to all religions.

Jyruiz
02-19-2006, 09:07 PM
I could not agree more, this country needs to do the same thing.

MagicMtnDan
02-19-2006, 10:37 PM
Don't anybody responding to this thread trouble yourselves with any book learning. :rolleyes:
Huh? Don't never post nothing in response to posts previous that makes sense to those who speak English.

downunder race fan
02-20-2006, 12:08 AM
I agree kick them out if they dont want to live as australians then they can get the hell out of my country.There is a big problem in Sydney with lebanese ( muslim ) gangs. These guys think they can do whatever they please and that the law here in AUSTRALIA does not apply to them.They have absolutely no respect for women and there have been numerous gang rapes and attacks on women ,purely because they were of western appearance.These gutless gangs hang around sydneys beaches verbally abusing or spitting on Australian women who choose to wear a bikini to the beach as they beleive any women who shows bare skin in public is a slut. They are just a bunch of gutless little cowards who hunt in packs NEVER fight like real men (one on one ) and think the only way to win a fight is to stab someone in the back. I am not a racist and have many friends from different racial backgrounds and dont care where you come from or what nationality or race you are if you want to live in Australia live as an Australian if not then dont come here. This is a bloody great country to live in and thousands of Young Australian men died defending this country so that we could enjoy the lifestyle we have today. I and the vast majority of Australian citizens support the governments decision 100%. its time to take out the trash !

maxwedge
02-20-2006, 12:26 AM
Hey isn't it summer in Australia right now? Summer sounds nice. I think I might just skip work and move there tommorow. :D