PDA

View Full Version : HOW TO..reinstall keyboard keys?

TOBTEK
02-19-2006, 09:27 PM
just came home to find our 15mo daughter pulled a few keys off the lab top. How to you put them back on?????? HELP Mr wizard :cool:

Ntwotrance
02-19-2006, 09:34 PM
just came home to find our 15mo daughter pulled a few keys off the lab top. How to you put them back on?????? HELP Mr wizard :cool:
they should clip in. put the top on first, then press down...

Jyruiz
02-19-2006, 09:37 PM
Depends on the laptop, but they all clip in in some way. You have to be careful though, because some have a couple of little parts underneath the keys, and then it clips on to the main board. If you are not careful, you might break them. Best thing to do, is take one off yourself and see how it looks.

phebus
02-19-2006, 09:37 PM
Had one come off of my Dell. It wouldn't go back on. I ended up buying a new keyboard on ebay for about $15.00, and it took lesss than 5 min to put on. Real easy.

phebus
02-19-2006, 09:42 PM
Toby, I saw your boat come into the beach yesterday in the channel, and I asked someone to point out who you were. They pointed out this guy, so I went down and told him "hey big baller, fock off", and laughed and told him who I was. Turns out it wasn't you, and the guy looked at me like I was crazy. Lucky he didn't punch me.
Then, I looked up, and your boat was gone.
Anyway, fock off big baller. :rollside:

TOBTEK
02-19-2006, 09:43 PM
Depends on the laptop, but they all clip in in some way. You have to be careful though, because some have a couple of little parts underneath the keys, and then it clips on to the main board. If you are not careful, you might break them. Best thing to do, is take one off yourself and see how it looks.
I poped another off to reverse engineer it...now I have two I cant put back on :p the two little plastic clip are a biotch.

TOBTEK
02-19-2006, 09:45 PM
Toby, I saw your boat come into the beach yesterday in the channel, and I asked someone to point out who you were. They pointed out this guy, so I went down and told him "hey big baller, fock off", and laughed and told him who I was. Turns out it wasn't you, and the guy looked at me like I was crazy. Lucky he didn't punch me.
Then, I looked up, and your boat was gone.
Anyway, fock off big baller. :rollside:
thats funny! was it late in the day? we were on javiers buddies tritoon

phebus
02-19-2006, 09:47 PM
Thats what my Dell had, two little white plastic clips that kind of puzzle fit into each other, and locked the key in place.
What make computer is it?

TOBTEK
02-19-2006, 09:52 PM
new Dell. little cold on the water huh.....we went up to topock for lunch, froze our butts off.

phebus
02-19-2006, 10:17 PM
Superglue them. Then go on ebay and see how much it costs if you have to replace it. On mine, right above the keyboard was a removable plastic panel. Underneath it was four little screws. Took those out, and the keyboard pulled right off, and I unplugged it. reversed the steps, and it was done. Seriously took less than 5 min.
I really think after doing it though, that superglue would have worked just fine.

Hardly Satisfied
02-19-2006, 10:28 PM
Toby , that's part of having kids they mess up some of you things, it's the joy of raising kids. Other wise How was weekend in havasu, hope it was better after you got though that mess you had to go though on the freeway.

maxwedge
02-19-2006, 10:29 PM
Might want to ask Hooligan. :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72056&highlight=vaccuum+keyboard

Jyruiz
02-19-2006, 11:29 PM
Superglue them. Then go on ebay and see how much it costs if you have to replace it. On mine, right above the keyboard was a removable plastic panel. Underneath it was four little screws. Took those out, and the keyboard pulled right off, and I unplugged it. reversed the steps, and it was done. Seriously took less than 5 min.
I really think after doing it though, that superglue would have worked just fine.
Don't superglue them, you will make it worst, just take your time and be patient, it should not be that hard. Too bad you are not near me, I would volunteer to do it for you.

TOBTEK
02-20-2006, 07:32 AM
Toby , that's part of having kids they mess up some of you things, it's the joy of raising kids. Other wise How was weekend in havasu, hope it was better after you got though that mess you had to go though on the freeway.
yeah, I know things are going to get jacked up. Can't wait for her to color her bedroom walls......I did :)
Good weekend, Carl/Sandbar Junkie was a great host. hung with him and family. BBQ at budgetBallers house and watched the fireworks Sat night, he is directly across the freeway from the park where they go off. Boat ran great, but NEEDS some larger props. Im BANGING the rev limiter at 7200 RPM at 94 MPH. Good times but really cold weather.....jone'ing for summer. Heard rumors of a new house for the family, wheres it at?

Mandelon
02-20-2006, 08:19 AM
You can't do it cuz you are not chinese and you get paid too much.

beever_retreever
02-20-2006, 08:29 AM
PM me the service tag of your laptop. Include the model. I'm hardware certified with their laptops, desktops, and servers. I'll see if I can get you a replacement keyboard.

SummitKarl
02-20-2006, 08:32 AM
darnet you beat me to it :)

wsuwrhr
02-20-2006, 08:45 AM
Under normal circumstances my keyboard keys have fallen out after the keyboard experienced "horizontal gravity". Interesting phenominon.
I usually reinstall with a selected hammer.
Works everytime.
True story.
Brian

TOBTEK
02-20-2006, 08:48 AM
I
well figured it out.....im a computer stud!

SummitKarl
02-20-2006, 08:56 AM
I
You shoot silicon? :rollside:

phebus
02-20-2006, 09:04 AM
I
GEEK :rollside:

Hardly Satisfied
02-20-2006, 09:09 AM
Sounds like you had a great time.House is on Cumberland dr Between Oro Grande blvd and Acoma blvd on the lake side. Framing sould be started any day now.

hoolign
02-20-2006, 05:10 PM
It aint that hard...granted you have'nt "vaccum unshaped " the folding white piesce :rolleyes: :rolleyes: