PDA

View Full Version : You know who that is right there????

Froggystyle
02-20-2006, 10:17 AM
I was running the boat on Saturday morning/afternoon here in Lakeside and borrowing a buddies brand new Hummer H1 Alpha to tow it with (sick truck BTW...) As a result, it appears we achieved baller status immediately. So much so, that there were folks waiting at the launch ramp while we were finishing up and getting loaded.
Now, you need to understand that the boat gets attention everywhere we go, so folks waiting around to get a closer look isn't exactly foreign to us. What cracked us up this time was the reason why the crowd was so large.
As we pulled the boat out, I overheard someone say "It's him alright!" In the channel, I expect that a relatively large number of people know me as Froggystyle, which is what I expected. As we rolled past the small gathering, we overheard "You know who that right there is? Jimmy ****in Johnson!
Of course we all turn around looking for Jimmy Johnson. I figured that would be cool to see. Except everyone was looking at us...
I have been craking up about it ever since... Everyone thought that somehow I was JJ, and test running boats in El Cajon on Saturday with the Daytona 500 coming up on Sunday.
Still giggling about it.
You be the judge... Any resemblance?
http://www.tridentboats.com/wes-jimmy.jpg
I can see how you might make the mistake with sunglasses on and such, but not if you knew what either of us really looks like.
Pretty funny though. We were all cracking up about it. NASCAR!!! Yeee Haw!

Sleek-Jet
02-20-2006, 10:36 AM
It's the 'burns.... yep, that's him I would say.
Wonder why he wasn't racing this weekend???? :D :D

Infomaniac
02-20-2006, 10:43 AM
Your him??? Prices just went up. You got plenty of coin man.

MagicMtnDan
02-20-2006, 10:50 AM
Watch out there's a lot of haters - if you say you look like him you'll be called a cheater around these parts :D

wsuwrhr
02-20-2006, 11:05 AM
Your him??? Prices just went up. You got plenty of coin man.
Hey if Ol JJ has a Trident, shouldn't everyone?
Brian

HighRoller
02-20-2006, 11:16 AM
Now, if you could just hire Chad Knaus to run your "engineering" department you'd have a serious ride!!! :cool: