PDA

View Full Version : Boat name question

HPBoats83
08-03-2007, 08:46 PM
i was told if you have a boat name that is registered through the coastguard you dont need CF numbers. Has anybody else ever heard of this or is my brother full of shit.
James

Singleton
08-03-2007, 08:57 PM
Not sure if this is correct, you don't need CF numbers on your boat, but you need it to be registered.
Not sure, 2 bottles of wine at dinner, so I am out of it.

HPBoats83
08-03-2007, 09:05 PM
what is the purpose of having cf or az numbers if that was the case though.

TrojanDan
08-03-2007, 09:46 PM
i was told if you have a boat name that is registered through the coastguard you dont need CF numbers. Has anybody else ever heard of this or is my brother full of shit.
James
In addition to your registered boat name you need the hailing port (any city and state in the US) and official number posted somewhere in a conspicous place on the boat. No AZ,CF or other state registration is required since the CG registration IS the registration for that vessel. Google it. :cool:

Mrs 2LKHVSU
08-03-2007, 09:55 PM
2 bottles of wine at dinner, so I am out of it.
Chard or Cab??

shrek
08-03-2007, 09:59 PM
Can Boatcop chime in on this? I would love to not have the CF numbers on my boat........
Oh yeah.........starting my second bottle of Merlooooo right now.....
Shrek

shrek
08-04-2007, 10:20 PM
Bump for Boatcop.......
Shrek

shueman
08-05-2007, 07:12 AM
What boats can be documented?
Generally boats that are in excess of 26' can have a Coast Guard Documentation performed.
The Coast Guard has developed a measurement formula that determines gross and net tonnage using the length, breadth, and depth of the vessel, and those boats with a measurement of 5 net tons or more can be documented.
There are no further restrictions for pleasure boats operating under a recreational endorsement, however vessels operating in the commercial trade must be built in the United States.
Coast Guard Documentation Info (http://www.excelcredit.com/coast_guard_documentation.htm)