PDA

View Full Version : my son turned 16

jdf
08-04-2007, 03:56 AM
so how did this make some of ya'll feel......

NashvilleBound
08-04-2007, 04:23 AM
My son turns 16 in 6 days. He thinks because he is having his 16th b-day I am buying him this new car he wants. NEVER GONNA HAPPEN. He has showed little or no interest in driving. Very little time behind the wheel. Still wants to be chauffered everywhere. new car??? HELL NO. To answer your question....makes me feel old. Good thing I still act young....was it young or immature they said??? HMmmmm.... must be young. :D :D :D

dragboat
08-04-2007, 04:59 AM
...was it young or immature they said??? HMmmmm.... must be young. :D :D :D
Childish?
:D

HocusPocus
08-04-2007, 05:30 AM
my oldest will be 18 in a few months.. just makes me feel old.

ahhell
08-04-2007, 05:55 AM
mine did that in April...and I feel broke, 2 teenage drivers, perfect records and Allstate bumped my insurance to 6600.00/year :sqeyes: :sqeyes: :sqeyes: :sqeyes: :sqeyes: and my newest vehicle is an '04 Dakota.....but we did some shopping and got a great deal on insurance

NashvilleBound
08-04-2007, 06:31 AM
Childish?
:D
Im ok with that :D :D

Coach
08-04-2007, 06:34 AM
My son turns 16 in 6 days. He thinks because he is having his 16th b-day I am buying him this new car he wants. NEVER GONNA HAPPEN. He has showed little or no interest in driving. Very little time behind the wheel. Still wants to be chauffered everywhere. new car??? HELL NO. To answer your question....makes me feel old. Good thing I still act young....was it young or immature they said??? HMmmmm.... must be young. :D :D :D
Sounds like he grew up in the OC or something. :D Every kid around here thinks they will get a new car or truck (OK a ton of them do) when they turn 16. The parking lot at the school I teach the students have many cars nicer than over in the staff lot.

fatboy95
08-04-2007, 08:27 AM
so how did this make some of ya'll feel......
I'd be feeling real good if I was your insurance agent.:eek: :eek:

jdf
08-04-2007, 09:13 AM
well i told him iwould get him a truck if his school grades came up that didn't happen plus he had to go to summer school so no truck until they are up