PDA

View Full Version : AvGas at Lake Powell

Mardonzi
08-04-2007, 06:33 AM
Well folks,, the City of Page relented and decided that it is once again ok to sell AVGas to us boaters. It is availible at Classic Aviation at the airport...
Enjoy!!!!!

Classic Daycruiser
08-04-2007, 09:43 AM
Well folks,, the City of Page relented and decided that it is once again ok to sell AVGas to us boaters. It is availible at Classic Aviation at the airport...
Enjoy!!!!!
Is it available 24hours?:idea:

Mardonzi
08-04-2007, 09:49 AM
Access is controlled, but they have call out service. I think that the call out fee is 25 bucks if you don't buy atleast 100.00 worth

27 Awesome cat
08-04-2007, 10:37 AM
Enjoy!!!!!
Hell yaaaaaaaaaaaaa....
Thank you for the info:D

Wet Dream
08-04-2007, 11:35 AM
Thats a really nice option to have Avgas available. What made them turn? Was it a constant bombarment of requsts, or the fact that it actually burns cleaner? Was it the city's decision, or the airports? I tried through our airport, and they tried the "FAA won't let us" until I stated that the FAA does not control sales in the public market. It was up to the fuel manager, he declined.

Mardonzi
08-04-2007, 12:12 PM
The local airport manager initiated the policy here back in May. After talking with the fuel guys there, they supplied me with a copy of the letter from the city. Included in this letter was the managers justifications for not allowing the sale. The reasons he stated were that it was against FAA regs as well as the EPA rules.
I contacted the local Flight Services District Office (FSDO) and had them write a letter stating that the FAAs position on this was neutral. I then got a copy of the Final Ruling from the EPA on the sale of leaded fuels (race fuel and AvGas have lead in them). There is an exclusion in the EPA ruling allowing use of leaded fuels in offroad and marine applications.
I confronted the manager here again about it one day as I was flying out of the airport and asked him about changing the ruling. He started to quote his letter and I told him of my conversations with both the FAA and the EPA. He then got flustered and stated that it was his decision and thats just the way it was going to be.
I drafted up a letter along with copies of my other letters and gave it to the City Manager. Between my letter and the FBO's desire to sell fuel to boaters, the city manager overuled the airport manager and allowed the sell of AvGas.
All in all, it was a pretty easy process.