PDA

View Full Version : I want more for my tax dollars!!!

2manymustangs
08-04-2007, 07:37 AM
People, we need to stand up and be heard.
We pay trillions per year in hard earned dollars for what?
At every level of government there is disconnect, bridges collapsing, judges letting criminals walk, roads that suck, traffic issues that are not being planned for, special interesty groups greasing up people that are paid to represent OUR interests, infrastructure that is being neglected. I'm not even touching on boarder security, health care and drug coverage, disaster recovery and campaing finance reform.
Just go into or call any government office and instead of getting "customer service" you get attitude and the ole run around.
I want MORE for my tax dollars, this isn't a democrat or republican issue. How long would any of US last if we tried to run OUR business or work for our employer and produced the same LACK of results as we see from our Federal, State and Local governments? Ever try to get any satisfaction from a municipal or county council? YET the retirement funds and sallary increases and benefit increases are never voted down or tied up and veto'd are they?
While rep's, senators, congress, judges, prosecutors, mayors, county council's are in bed with developers and pander to special interest lobbyist. Problems go untouched and our hard earned tax dollars are wasted.
Senators and congressional leaders aren't concerned about social security BECAUSE they will never have to rely on it, they have their OWN special pension fund that they protect.
You wouldn't run a business that way would you?
We need to stand up and say loud and clear "I want more for my tax dollars".:mad: :mad: :mad:

scooooter7
08-04-2007, 09:22 AM
Good Luck!!!
I want more Mustangs.

Baja Big Dog
08-04-2007, 09:51 AM
Yea...were behind you...all the way!!!!
You realize you really didn't say anything....just bitched!!!

talkinghead
08-04-2007, 10:48 AM
I would normally say the answer to much of this is voting - but in reality the only viable candidates are selected based largely on $$. Not always much of a choice.
As far as the attitude issue with many gov't workers a few points to consider:
1. Many gov't workers have a great deal of contempt for the "general public" - at all levels.
2. Gov't employment is the largest welfare system in existence.
3. Basically regardless of what the average gov't worker does or doesn't do in any given day - THEY WILL NOT GET FIRED.
I heard a commercial the other day for prison worker jobs - one of their selling points was that they offered a retirement/pension that the private sector could just not match.
Unfortunately the private sector has to pay for their excessive pension - you and I (those in private industry) who have to pay for it will never enjoy such a pension.
It sickens me - but I thank Arnold for even trying to do something about it.
It will never change - we have a largely unaccountable gov't and there is basically not much I can do about it.

2manymustangs
08-04-2007, 10:56 AM
Yea...were behind you...all the way!!!!
You realize you really didn't say anything....just bitched!!!
Ya, I'm pissed... I just got done watching some of the news footage about the bridge falling down. The news investigator asked questions about some steel plates that were supposed to be put on the bridge as a result of bad inspection results. He said the repairs were over a year past due and had no explanation as to why they had not been done. It's just one FOCK up after another and NOBODY is ever held accountable.
You couldn't run a business that way and survive. Maybe we need someone at the helm that is like Bill Gates or Ross Perot, someone that knows how to run a business and get shyt done? :mad: :mad: :mad:

thatguy
08-04-2007, 11:04 AM
Ya, I'm pissed... I just got done watching some of the news footage about the bridge falling down. The news investigator asked questions about some steel plates that were supposed to be put on the bridge as a result of bad inspection results. He said the repairs were over a year past due and had no explanation as to why they had not been done. It's just one FOCK up after another and NOBODY is ever held accountable.
You couldn't run a business that way and survive. Maybe we need someone at the helm that is like Bill Gates or Ross Perot, someone that knows how to run a business and get shyt done? :mad: :mad: :mad:
You know, We have had our chances but those candidates will never be allowed into the fraternity. They will screw it up for the professional politicion.

OverKill
08-04-2007, 12:21 PM
Well I heard Lou Dobbs say that by his research we are 80 years behind. Ya some bridges that are still being used should have been torn down years ago. Our whole government is 80 years behind IMO. America is getting all fat and happy as the whole world just blows us by. Ya what about health care being so screwed up. Big insurance companies makeing huge profits on people that really need medical help. Millions of people ignore health problems because it costs to much, or can't afford health insurance, WTF. People are staying away from doctors because they don't want to leave the hefty bill to family when they die.
Retirement Is a complete joke. Our government would rather spend 500 billion on a war in Iraq that has gotten us nowhere. That's the kind of shit that keeps us 80 years behind. All for a country that could give a S**T about America. We should take a stand and tell our government to stop wiping the ass of other countries. I.M.O.
OverKill

mickeyfinn
08-04-2007, 01:35 PM
It goes back to the fact that we have reached the point where people realize they can vote themseves your hard earned money. I think that if we could prevent anyone from voting who had to take money from the government in order to get by from voting we would see a different set of candidates. If pitching to the non-contibutors in our country stopped getting votes and more votes could be won by operating more efficiently that is what the focus would be. If we could vote on a forced ranking system, the viability of a third (libertarian) party would change. Since the status quo is what keeps our politicians in office, it is not likely to change.

thatguy
08-04-2007, 02:29 PM
It goes back to the fact that we have reached the point where people realize they can vote themseves your hard earned money. I think that if we could prevent anyone from voting who had to take money from the government in order to get by from voting we would see a different set of candidates. If pitching to the non-contibutors in our country stopped getting votes and more votes could be won by operating more efficiently that is what the focus would be. If we could vote on a forced ranking system, the viability of a third (libertarian) party would change. Since the status quo is what keeps our politicians in office, it is not likely to change.
Careful, great idea!, but you are being.........RACIST!!!!!!!!!

HighRoller
08-05-2007, 06:50 PM
Well I heard Lou Dobbs say that by his research we are 80 years behind. Ya some bridges that are still being used should have been torn down years ago. Our whole government is 80 years behind IMO. America is getting all fat and happy as the whole world just blows us by. Ya what about health care being so screwed up. Big insurance companies makeing huge profits on people that really need medical help. Millions of people ignore health problems because it costs to much, or can't afford health insurance, WTF. People are staying away from doctors because they don't want to leave the hefty bill to family when they die.
Retirement Is a complete joke. Our government would rather spend 500 billion on a war in Iraq that has gotten us nowhere. That's the kind of shit that keeps us 80 years behind. All for a country that could give a S**T about America. We should take a stand and tell our government to stop wiping the ass of other countries. I.M.O.
OverKill
I sympathize with your frustration, but before you complain about the war you should look at the budget. We now officially spend ONE TRILLION DOLLARS every year on worthles social programs that do nothing but create dependant slobs. 500 bil in 4 or 5 years is a bargain if it keeps our military in business. There will always be wars and we will alway have haters so we need a strong military to defend us.
If anything needs to be curtailed it's NASA. 2 billion per launch plus salaries plus R&D and we're left with an obsolete piece of junk that can be fatally wounded by a piece of foam. Oh, and no replacement in sight when this turd gets retired (hopefully) in 2010. :mad:

HighRoller
08-05-2007, 07:26 PM
Dude, I'm not kidding when I say my blood pressure hits the rev limiter every time I hear some idiot declare our schools are "underfunded". WHAT??? We spend 10-15K PER CHILD in many public schools. And what do we get? Teachers begging for or buying school supplies with their own dollars. Teachers unions that are out of control and whose sole goal is tenure for their members so they cannot be easily fired and provide dues to the union for a long period. Campuses falling apart at the seams. High school students who cannot even spell. Social promotion.
The only part of the government that gets results is the military. Our money should be going there and our schools should be non-union. It's been proven again and again that union dues go to support politics and politics have absolutely no place in a school.

2manymustangs
08-05-2007, 08:30 PM
High Roller, You got that right.
2manystinkinfords, IF you've lurked around long enough then you should be aware that I've advocated the fair trial and lynching of all of our elected officials for job failure. One of the worst abusers of the taxpayer money ripoff is our school systems. If I had my way, every one of YOUR spelling teachers would have executed for theft of public monies.
Rio
My english teachers are all retired now, I have been out of school for a long time. As for my kids they go to private school to the tune of 5k /yr and that is with NO tax credit. The St Louis public schools just were taken over by the state because the people entrusted with our tax dollars have bilked the school dry and have it millions in debt with the building all falling down. Your preachin to the choir Riodog.