PDA

View Full Version : SCUBA class in Vegas...anyone?

STV_Keith
08-04-2007, 04:40 PM
I was just over at Blue Seas Scuba and bought all the std equipment (mask, snorkel, fins, booties, equip bag, etc) and I want to take a Scuba course and get PADI certified.
Anyone else have any interest? Their classes are held M-Th of one week, 6-10pm each night. Friday off, then 2 day dives that same Sat/Sun on Mead.
$200 for the class includes your rental gear (wetsuit, BC, tank, regulator, etc), then it's another $85 for the book and DVD you have to go through before taking the class. Dive boat charge is $120 for the weekend and all 4 dives. So, all said and done, about $400. You can rent the standard equipment too if you don't have and don't want to buy.
I was thinking the week of Aug 20 or Sept 17. They take a minimum of 2 people for a class and a max of 8. Currently, no people are signed up for either of those weeks...so we could get up to 8 people in. :) Group rate if we get 6 or more. I am also going to post this on a few other local boards that I'm on, so we don't necessarily need 6 from this board, per se. Anyone else want to jump in?

TrojanDan
08-04-2007, 05:12 PM
Good luck Keith. Diving is a blast. I just spent 3 weeks in the Maldives diving. Got my Nitrox Certification while I was there. I take my gear to Havasu and dive Steamboat each time I go out now. It gets pretty addicting. Don't skimp on the gear. :cool:

Panic Button
08-04-2007, 05:18 PM
Blue Seas sucks ass! The owner is the biggest dick that there is. His yearly maintenance almost killed Vickie when we were cave diving in Mexico! The guy failed to do the correct procedures and caused her reg to lock up (ie no air) in the middle of a 50' dive, 400' from the closest exit. Go to Sports Chalet in Summerlin and take a class with Tim Wetzel, SC prices are cheaper and you will learn 10000 time more than the morans at Blue Seas.
I wish you would have posted this when I lived in Vegas, I could have got you a smokin deal, less than $100 for the class + a discount on your basic gear & books.

STV_Keith
08-04-2007, 05:35 PM
PB, saw and responded to your post on LVHB. Thanks for the heads up. As I said over there, the guy I dealt with today, Chris, was very knowledgeable and accommodating. Took about 4 hrs with me answering questions and walking me around all the equipment. I will look into SC though.

LuckyStrike
08-04-2007, 05:35 PM
Keith...Ive been Certified since 96 Order Online ITs The Only Way to go Except for your mask...
Ill fill ya in on Tuesday...Wheres a good place to eat close to Circus:D Me and the Wife You and???:D :D I was just over at Blue Seas Scuba and bought all the std equipment (mask, snorkel, fins, booties, equip bag, etc) and I want to take a Scuba course and get PADI certified.
Anyone else have any interest? Their classes are held M-Th of one week, 6-10pm each night. Friday off, then 2 day dives that same Sat/Sun on Mead.
$200 for the class includes your rental gear (wetsuit, BC, tank, regulator, etc), then it's another $85 for the book and DVD you have to go through before taking the class. Dive boat charge is $120 for the weekend and all 4 dives. So, all said and done, about $400. You can rent the standard equipment too if you don't have and don't want to buy.
I was thinking the week of Aug 20 or Sept 17. They take a minimum of 2 people for a class and a max of 8. Currently, no people are signed up for either of those weeks...so we could get up to 8 people in. :) Group rate if we get 6 or more. I am also going to post this on a few other local boards that I'm on, so we don't necessarily need 6 from this board, per se. Anyone else want to jump in?