08-04-2007, 06:37 PM
He did it:sqeyes:
HDD:D

Jbb
08-04-2007, 06:38 PM
Yep.....Him and Dr. Anabolic did it......:rolleyes:

hot_diggity_dog
08-04-2007, 06:52 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he left SD with 760, the way he hits the Padres.
Or not play the rest of the series so he breaks the record in San Fran.
I'll be glad when its over!
HDD

hairysituation
08-04-2007, 07:52 PM

DILLIGAF
08-04-2007, 07:58 PM
As a Giants fan my entire life I can say...I am embarassed by him at this point. His chase is the Giants curse. Oh well....I had an opportunity to meet him and his father one time at Bear creek GC while playing golf but my father in law would not allow it. He said he was an ass and nobody in Bear Creek liked him. To tell you the truth I wanted to meet his Dad more than him anyhow. Bobby Bonds used to terrorize the LAD's.
Anyhow....be it steroids or not (most likely steriods) he is still one of the greatest players to play the game of baseball. You have to give hime that if nothing else.

JetBoatRich
08-04-2007, 08:28 PM
SHIT i Missed it:mad:

djunkie
08-04-2007, 08:31 PM
Barry who????:confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

DILLIGAF
08-04-2007, 08:32 PM
Barry who????:confused: :confused: :rolleyes:
Barry "Mofo" BONDS!
lol

djunkie
08-04-2007, 08:37 PM
Barry "Mofo" BONDS!
lol
Ya he really is a mo fo!!!! Phuck him and his attitude. I can care less how great of a player you are. That POS has a chip on his shoulder thats just asking to be knocked off.......................:mad: :D :D

thatguy
08-04-2007, 09:47 PM
You'd have to be delusional to think he is not juiced. But I gotta say, his swing is absolute poetry.
Tommy
BTW- A-Rod stroked #500 today. He will without a doubt shatter the all time if his carrer is not shortened. He turned 32 eight days ago.

framer1
08-05-2007, 06:08 AM
The only credit i'm going to give him is he hit them all without being a dh. Otherwise i think he's a cheating pos. and will never have the home run record in my mind.

shueman
08-05-2007, 06:44 AM
....be it steroids or not (most likely steriods) he is still one of the greatest players to play the game of baseball. You have to give hime that if nothing else.
Gotta give him props. Ya still gotta have the mechanics to hit it out. He doesn't get that many good pitches anymore...but still got it done.
Stats/Records are part of the game's fan interest base. Time to move on...

shueman
08-05-2007, 07:16 AM
....Oddly enough, the pitcher that gave up Bonds' 755th home run, Clay Hensley, was suspended for 15 games when he was in the minor leagues, for, you guessed it, failure of a league administered steroids test.
Being a competitive environment, everybody "cheats" in some way or another...lots of $$ out there when you reach the top of the game.

Baja Big Dog
08-05-2007, 07:45 AM
What I find amusing is that since MLB started it's suspension policy, 90% of the players suspended in the majors and minors have been pitchers. You've got guys like Orel Hershieser railing against Bonds on TV last night, but you never saw Orel complaining when he was an almost 40 year old pitcher on the Cleveland Indians making $10M a year and winning 15 games a year for 3 seasons playing with Albert Belle, Manny Ramirez, Jim Thome, et al. Bonds, Sosa, Palmiero, McGwire, Canseco, Juan Rodriquez made everybody they played with a lot of money, including MLB.
Oddly enough, the pitcher that gave up Bonds' 755th home run, Clay Hensley, was suspended for 15 games when he was in the minor leagues, for, you guessed it, failure of a league administered steroids test.
You've got that right. Not too mention that the agreement to ban steroids was not reached until 2002 and testing did not start until 2004. MLB threw all those guys under the bus. They counted on McGwire and Sosa and Bonds to bring MLB back from the dead, and it was dead, and then they threw them under the bus at their earliest convenience.
WOW..that really cleared things up in my ind, I will now be a Bonds lover!!!
Yea right...regardless of steroids issue, Bonds is a absolute asshole, period, end of story. Ask the players that played with him, many don't like him, he is not good for baseball. His personality is in the shiter, Most fans dislike him because of his personality, not his "possible" use of "banned" drugs, regardless of when they were banned.
We all know that you are in favor of less laws, and IM sure you believe that steroids should be legal, because it is a relatively new law in baseball (2002 according to you). Trying to read through your posts, I think its safe to assume that you feel the steroids issue is wrong.
I had to read your post about Orel's comments, cause you know that he is the only one in broadcasting that has berated Bonds for his accomplishments, but IM not sure what point you were making....
Read this and then post up about your opinion of Hank Arron, IM sure you have a problem with him. Did anyone see him shake Bonds hand last night? I missed it!!!

Baja Big Dog
08-05-2007, 08:19 AM
Once again, you're living proof of the Bigger Idiot theory. Whenever you assume you've met the biggest idiot, another one pops up to take his place.
You have no idea who I am or what I believe in. I believe that you don't turn your back on people that you once embraced because you don't need them anymore, just as I believe that nobody gets left behind on the battlefield. You have no honor, you'd rat out your own mother for a buck.
Yet another post of no substance.....its kind of scary though, we are a lot alike in many ways, your first statement is merely a duplicate of my thoughts!!!
"Idiot"..though words, goes along with "hate", which I have none!!
And I have appoligized to my mom!!! (throwing in the mom card, class act!)
When its all said and done, you still didn't clear up your "gibberish" on your two posts....shocking!!

thatguy
08-05-2007, 08:19 AM
Once again, you're living proof of the Bigger Idiot theory. Whenever you assume you've met the biggest idiot, another one pops up to take his place.
You have no idea who I am or what I believe in. I believe that you don't turn your back on people that you once embraced because you don't need them anymore, just as I believe that nobody gets left behind on the battlefield. You have no honor, you'd rat out your own mother for a buck.
Here we go!!

Baja Big Dog
08-05-2007, 08:21 AM
I did miss the homerun..I sure hope they show it again!!! (2000 times):eek:

thatguy
08-05-2007, 08:36 AM
Bonds' piss-poor attitude is well documented. Hie clubhouse demeanor is less than team oriented. Many players shun him and rightly so. He has become a spectacle and a one man show. I agree with the Giants fan above that he is a liability and embarrasment to his team. I was saddened as I watched that ball go out last night because Hank Aaron is a hero and was none of the things Bonds' has become. At least not in the public eye.
BUT, it is also true that regardless of the added power from being juiced, He still has one of the best set of eyes in baseball. It always amazes me. ONE pitch, thats all you need to show him and it is gone. And that one pitch comes so very rarely to him anymore, especially this season. His swing is a mechanical marvel. Juice or no juice, He IS the example of the perfect swing in baseball.
Yeah, He's a dick. I got little respect for him as a person or TEAM player. Do not like the fact that he will pass Aaron. He is a liar. He employs liars. He will probably be found guilty eventually for purjury and be stripped of his record.
BUT, the SOB IS the best today and possibly ever at reading pitches and swinging the bat.
God I hate him for that.
Tommy

Baja Big Dog
08-05-2007, 08:40 AM
Bonds' piss-poor attitude is well documented. Hie clubhouse demeanor is less than team oriented. Many players shun him and rightly so. He has become a spectacle and a one man show. I agree with the Giants fan above that he is a liability and embarrasment to his team. I was saddened as I watched that ball go out last night because Hank Aaron is a hero and was none of the things Bonds' has become. At least not in the public eye.
BUT, it is also true that regardless of the added power from being juiced, He still has one of the best set of eyes in baseball. It always amazes me. ONE pitch, thats all you need to show him and it is gone. And that one pitch comes so very rarely to him anymore, especially this season. His swing is a mechanical marvel. Juice or no juice, He IS the example of the perfect swing in baseball.
Yeah, He's a dick. I got little respect for him as a person or TEAM player. Do not like the fact that he will pass Aaron. He is a liar. He employs liars. He will probably be found guilty eventually for purjury and be stripped of his record.
BUT, the SOB IS the best today and possibly ever at reading pitches and swinging the bat.
God I hate him for that.
Tommy
Amen..Probably the opinion of many many folks!!!

lewiville
08-05-2007, 09:12 AM
anyone know where the trail is, or where its going?

westair
08-05-2007, 09:39 AM
You've got that right. Not too mention that the agreement to ban steroids was not reached until 2002 and testing did not start until 2004. MLB threw all those guys under the bus. They counted on McGwire and Sosa and Bonds to bring MLB back from the dead, and it was dead, and then they threw them under the bus at their earliest convenience.
I think it was McGwire and Sosa that resurrected baseball. Bonds is an example
of everything wrong with it.
BTW A-Rod will probably break the record someday but what about K. Griffey
he has around 600 hr I think? If either of these guys don't do it might never
happen.

thatguy
08-05-2007, 10:31 AM
I think it was McGwire and Sosa that resurrected baseball. Bonds is an example
of everything wrong with it.
BTW A-Rod will probably break the record someday but what about K. Griffey
he has around 600 hr I think? If either of these guys don't do it might never
happen.
A-Rod tagged #500 yesterday. Still has maybe 10 years left.