PDA

View Full Version : Being Happy about a Divorce?

sdpm
08-04-2007, 06:43 PM
I don't get it? Why are you so happy and bragging about getting a divorce? For so few of people on this site and so many getting divorced and then posting about it and telling everyone how happy you are! I just don't understand that? I guess that you are trying to tell everyone on here you are the winner and you are teaching the other a lesson. Why the hell is that something to brag about??:confused:

EAZYKILLER2006
08-04-2007, 07:05 PM
if the marriage was a death sentence
i can see "some" being happy about finally getting OUT
it has nothing to do with being a poor judge of caracter:)
with the divorce rate so high...
it would mean
practically everyone has had poor judgement:idea: :rolleyes:

HocusPocus
08-04-2007, 07:06 PM
It's their way of saying "Hey, I'm a really poor judge of character and it only cost me half my stuff to figure that out." :D
that cracked me up.. :D

DILLIGAF
08-04-2007, 07:07 PM
It's their way of saying "Hey, I'm a really poor judge of character and it only cost me half my stuff to figure that out." :D
LOL.......You crack me up "Bob"
:)

EAZYKILLER2006
08-04-2007, 07:14 PM
LOL.......You crack me up "Bob"
yea maybe he is trying to be funny:D

DILLIGAF
08-04-2007, 07:26 PM
yea maybe he is trying to be funny:D
He is and he is....:)
Shit...he has my back with the Clips so all is good...lol
Post me a link to that divorce thread please

EAZYKILLER2006
08-04-2007, 07:28 PM
He is and he is....:)
Shit...he has my back with the Clips so all is good...lol
Post me a link to that divorce thread please
hey so are you going to go to powell?

sdpm
08-04-2007, 07:35 PM
It just seems to me that getting a divorce with or even without kids involved on here is no big deal. Everyone justs laughs it off and tells the one posting to get everything they can. "Who got the boat or who ended up with what"? I guess these are the important things to them. Real sad!:confused:

DILLIGAF
08-04-2007, 07:35 PM
hey so are you going to go to powell?
I got to talk with my Pops Nodigg and see what the scoop is. If the old mofo wants to go I am game to head up......Got nothing to do for the month of August except for riding the Harley up to Monterey next week.

EAZYKILLER2006
08-04-2007, 07:42 PM
I got to talk with my Pops Nodigg and see what the scoop is. If the old mofo wants to go I am game to head up......Got nothing to do for the month of August except for riding the Harley up to Monterey next week.
kewl we will see you there i hope

DILLIGAF
08-04-2007, 07:43 PM
kewl we will see you there i hope
When are you guys leaving?

EAZYKILLER2006
08-04-2007, 07:57 PM
When are you guys leaving?
then plan is set
thurs after work, we head to havi
hope to be in havi by 6pm
we pack up, and leave for powell :) friday morning the boat is in our havi home, so we will tow it from havi to powel
if we leave by 6 am (take then 40) thru flagstaff, we hope to be in antelope point, az side, by noon
we would take a lunch break, and shop for food, ice, blah blah,
and camp out the whole time
come back to havi, sun, early drop off the boat
and head back to cali...
hopefully we wont get lost:D
i know i knowhttp://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/style_emoticons/default/hijack.gif

OverKill
08-04-2007, 07:57 PM
So the real question is. Why is the Divorce Rate so high???

DILLIGAF
08-04-2007, 07:59 PM
then plan is set
thurs after work, we head to havi
hope to be in havi by 6pm
we pack up, and leave for powell :) friday morning the boat is in our havi home, so we will tow it from havi to powel
if we leave by 6 am (take then 40) thru flagstaff, we hope to be in antelope point, az side, by noon
we would take a lunch break, and shop for food, ice, blah blah,
and camp out the whole time
come back to havi, sun, early drop off the boat
and head back to cali...
hopefully we wont get lost:D
i know i knowhttp://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/style_emoticons/default/hijack.gif
If Rick and I go we will try to head out with you.......

EAZYKILLER2006
08-04-2007, 08:04 PM
If Rick and I go we will try to head out with you.......
kewl we can follow each other out, i will PM you our number

sdpm
08-04-2007, 08:04 PM
All we ever hear about is the mans side of it and it is always the womans fault for the divorce. I would love to hear it from their side. Either way I just don't understand all the talk about it and bashing that go's on. I see nothing to be happy about or talk about on a public fourm.

DILLIGAF
08-04-2007, 08:06 PM
kewl we can follow each other out, i will PM you our number
Send it on....Don't worry about the hijack thread thing either.....
DILLIGAF

Ultracrazy
08-04-2007, 08:12 PM
I don't get it? Why are you so happy and bragging about getting a divorce? For so few of people on this site and so many getting divorced and then posting about it and telling everyone how happy you are! I just don't understand that? I guess that you are trying to tell everyone on here you are the winner and you are teaching the other a lesson. Why the hell is that something to brag about??:confused:
:rolleyes:

Ultracrazy
08-04-2007, 09:44 PM
Oh.......and BTW.........don't read any of Ratso posts.......you'll shit your pants

thatguy
08-04-2007, 10:07 PM
Here is the deal. When it came time for my divorce to be filed, by that time my first wife had grown so combative and hateful it was truly a joy to finally do it. This whole thing about "marriage is a lot of work" is bul*shit." I know that now, with my current ond only wife, because we are like two peas in a pod. Almost like school kids and it requires ZERO effort or work. (We are both 45)
A bad marriage or relationship is certianly a lot of work, to no avail. And miserable to say the least. We are told over and over how hard it is and how much sacrifice it is. Pure Horsesh*t!! It is soooo easy when it is right! But most people rush in to some degree, then try to make it right.
Now I do not know this gentleman, but I can certainly feel his happiness.(And I'll bet a little remorse) It is in fact a way for guys, who in my opinion are far more sensitive and emotional than girls, to heal or deal with it.
So I think until you walk in his shoes you should just say "Good luck Bro'" and realize that one day you too may be educated in this arena.
It seems to me that girls in general do not just say "Hey, I made a mistake. I don't want to be married". They seem to have to justify it be making the guy a villian of sorts. And don't get me wrong girls, I KNOW there are alot of jerks out there. Just my experiences I am talking of.
Tommy
That will be $200.00 for counciling. I should write a friggin' book.

Tom Brown
08-04-2007, 10:13 PM
I've been in a couple of long term relationships that I was quite happy to leave. One of them, I was extremely happy. I did my very best not to show it to anyone, particularly the person I broke up with. The second felt like a huge relief when I left but not as joyous as the first one I mentioned.
Mostly, I have felt lousy after breakups but sometimes it's good.
I think the feeling is understandable. Some guys may want to talk about it and other guys may want to pretend everything is normal all the time. I guess I'm in the latter category but I don't see anything wrong with being in the former category.
I'm with thatguy, it's tough to know what's going on for someone so it's best not to judge and just wish someone well. :cool:

Flyinbowtie
08-04-2007, 10:17 PM
I would guess that I handled at least a thousand domestic dispute calls in my day. Generally, they all had two things in common.
Everybody involved was talking.
Nobody involved was listening.
These two things are the cracks that form in a marriage that is in trouble.
Once the divorce ball is rolling, people tend to look at it like a contest. There is a perception of what the "winner" gets and gets to do, and what the "loser" doesn't get and doesn't get to do. The only real winners are the attorney$, counselor$, and the machine that makes it happen. I guess whomever comes out with the most bucks and toys can claim the match, but the most of the folks I've known who won the match appear to find the "victory hollow, and shortlived.
Claiming happiness when it is over is probably more of an expression of relief, that, "it is over", and the thought of getting on with ones life.
I have always found the choice of word people use when talking divorce interesting.
"I want a divorce"- I don't think that is enough. If the "D" is in play, it needs to be like Chemotherapy. Not something you "Want", but something you desperately need, you need it to survive. I have come across a bunch of folks who did need divorces for that very purpose. IMHO, that is what the deal is for, cause the cure is damn painful.
But take this all with a grain of salt. I am just reporting one cops observations. I am 48, and I've been with my high school sweetheart since 1976. We got married in 1980, and that remains the smartest thing I ever did.

mbroome
08-05-2007, 05:04 AM
my situation sounds REALLY bad and makes me sound like a terrible person. I'm 38, been married three times and have 5 kids with three different women! Gentlemen, hide your daughters! ROFL! After two failed marriages to the wrong people, I have been w my wife for 12 years now! Sure, she isnt a blonde bombshell with triple d's, sure we can disagree about almost everything, but when push comes to shove at the end of the day, we love each other, pure and simple! We have three beautiful kids, a ton of bills and problems, but we ALWAYS take the time to make sure the other is ok and all is "kosher". I know I'd survive another divorce and come thru ok, but I wouldnt want too! I think it just takes taking the time to find the RIGHT person, ALOT of luck and deciding to make an honest commitment, and yes for the REST of your life! There will always be crankiness and disagreements, remember that! No i'm not preaching, i'd dump her ass like a herpes and crab infected blonde in a usa thong bikini if things werent right and I DIDNT love her. I guess i'm just very very lucky!
http://a322.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/59/l_38265b8790f7529a784f3f58dbe05191.jpg

ratso
08-05-2007, 08:51 AM
Oh.......and BTW.........don't read any of Ratso posts.......you'll shit your pants
:jawdrop: :D

WYRD
08-05-2007, 09:06 AM
All we ever hear about is the mans side of it and it is always the womans fault for the divorce. I would love to hear it from their side. Either way I just don't understand all the talk about it and bashing that go's on. I see nothing to be happy about or talk about on a public fourm.
if you want to hear the womans side try posting this thread on a sewing forum;)

EAZYKILLER2006
08-05-2007, 09:38 AM
if you want to hear the womans side try posting this thread on a sewing forum;)
that would be funny

EAZYKILLER2006
08-05-2007, 09:44 AM
I agree...yea i see where you are comming from
but ...
on the other side
by venting on the open forum
you advertise :D you are free
get advice (even unwanted advise)
and you see other peoples views
which could help you see, some unexpected shait
sometimes divorce gets pretty nasty
so its best ;) to get some heads up...
from people who have been there
the people who talk, like they are happy...
its a front...
sure, they are glad to be free
but, no divorce is fun
JMO

thatguy
08-05-2007, 10:07 AM
Cause when the wife gets a boob job, she gets worked by people that would not normally pay her any attention. :jawdrop:
BINGO!!! You are no longer her best option available. Remember, they never fly without a place to land.

Jbb
08-05-2007, 10:18 AM
I've been in a couple of long term relationships that I was quite happy to leave. One of them, I was extremely happy. I did my very best not to show it to anyone, particularly the person I broke up with. The second felt like a huge relief when I left but not as joyous as the first one I mentioned.
Mostly, I have felt lousy after breakups but sometimes it's good.
I think the feeling is understandable. Some guys may want to talk about it and other guys may want to pretend everything is normal all the time. I guess I'm in the latter category but I don't see anything wrong with being in the former category.
I'm with thatguy, it's tough to know what's going on for someone so it's best not to judge and just wish someone well. :cool:
With all due respect Tom........Inflatables dont count....:D

EAZYKILLER2006
08-05-2007, 10:25 AM
With all due respect Tom........Inflatables dont count....:D
lmao
:2purples:
so what are you saying?:idea:
im plastic?
or have alot of hot air:D

Jbb
08-05-2007, 10:28 AM
lmao
:2purples:
so what are you saying?:idea:
im plastic?
or have alot of hot air:D
Im sayin Brown.......has a penchant for the plastic........when a night of booze, coke, and sex turns him violent.......all he hears from her is........psssssssssssst
then he reaches for the trusty ...pool liner repair kit......and all is well...:D

ratso
08-05-2007, 12:19 PM
BINGO!!! You are no longer her best option available. Remember, they never fly without a place to land.
...well put.;)

Tom Brown
08-05-2007, 12:21 PM
Cause when the wife gets a boob job, she gets worked by people that would not normally pay her any attention. :jawdrop:
I have an inflatable that stopped talking to me after I put an extra 20 psi in the breast area.

lucky
08-05-2007, 01:38 PM
After Friday i went back to MY OWN house and all my stuff is still there :D

ratso
08-05-2007, 01:40 PM
:D

CBadDad
08-05-2007, 01:48 PM
sdpm, I could try and explain it to you, but you'd never understand.

thatguy
08-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Damn, what did you do to make her so mad she won't steal your shit? :eek:
Tommy

Tom Brown
08-05-2007, 01:56 PM
It's good to see you back, Lucky. Forget Monica. You like men better, anyway. :cool:

lucky
08-05-2007, 02:04 PM
It's good to see you back, Lucky. Forget Monica. You like men better, anyway. :cool:
Tom i'm back at the house after a great day on the river > Scratched my balls ,drank and ate oysters - smelled my ass when i farted - -- lol ??? who ?:D

Tom Brown
08-05-2007, 02:05 PM
Welcome to my life, Lucky. :cool:

centerhill condor
08-05-2007, 04:45 PM
'cause the checks just keep comin'!
CC

chief slappahoe
08-05-2007, 05:11 PM
i figured you would put your 2 cents in on this one (mark):rolleyes:

Ultracrazy
08-05-2007, 05:18 PM
:jawdrop: :D
:D

HavaSkank
08-05-2007, 06:13 PM
I recently attended my ex-husband's wedding. Yep, I sat in the chapel with some mutual friends with an evil grin on my face. I BEGGED them to let me give him away, but they thought it might be a little "over the top."
We co-parent nicely and I really like his new wife. She's GREAT with my daughter and is a genuinely nice person. I of course sympathize with her and Im fully aware of what her future holds. It's not my place to warn her though.
Not all divorces have to be filled with axe yielding arguments and financial devastation. We were married for 15 yrs and I deserve a metal for NOT taking him out with a piano wire.

ratso
08-05-2007, 06:22 PM
I recently attended my ex-husband's wedding. Yep, I sat in the chapel with some mutual friends with an evil grin on my face. I BEGGED them to let me give him away, but they thought it might be a little "over the top."
We co-parent nicely and I really like his new wife. She's GREAT with my daughter and is a genuinely nice person. I of course sympathize with her and Im fully aware of what her future holds. It's not my place to warn her though.
Not all divorces have to be filled with axe yielding arguments and financial devastation. We were married for 15 yrs and I deserve a metal for NOT taking him out with a piano wire.
...or a medal maybe lol...;)
A couple of friends of mine had discussed marriage. My female friend said she want me to give her away... at least 5 times... to be sure he really wants her...:D

HavaSkank
08-05-2007, 06:31 PM
...or a medal maybe lol...;)
Homonyms are a bitch....but then again, so am I.

sdpm
08-05-2007, 06:40 PM
sdpm, I could try and explain it to you, but you'd never understand.
I do understand about couples not getting along, getting divorced, and sometimes even wanting to kill the other. But what I just don't get is why someone seems so happy about it and throws it out for everyone to read and sometimes even brag about it? "I got everything and she got nothing", I'm going to rip her apart in court, I got the boat and the vette, and so on. Are material things that important? It sure seems to be on here. Like someone else asked "why are there so many happening"?
I do feel bad for anyone that this happens to and has to go thru and I do wish them the best outcome for everyone involved.

Ultracrazy
08-05-2007, 06:46 PM
I do understand about couples not getting along, getting divorced, and sometimes even wanting to kill the other. But what I just don't get is why someone seems so happy about it and throws it out for everyone to read and sometimes even brag about it? "I got everything and she got nothing", I'm going to rip her apart in court, I got the boat and the vette, and so on. Are material things that important? It sure seems to be on here. Like someone else asked "why are there so many happening"?
I do feel bad for anyone that this happens to and has to go thru and I do wish them the best outcome for everyone involved.
I guess your talking about me...........walk in my shoes and then judge.

sdpm
08-05-2007, 06:53 PM
Actually no I wasn't, but I did read yours and I just seems that just about every week someone on here is getting a divorce. You are right. I don't know your's or anyone else's situation and I sure hope I never have to go through it. Sorry if it sounded like I was singleing you out. Like I said, hope things for the both of you work out.

HavaSkank
08-05-2007, 07:00 PM
What sdpm doesnt realize is that the comments, questions and suggestions from HB'ers are valuable. Sure the common thread is SUPPOSE to be boating, but we all know we're a collective group of arm-chair quarterbacks who are self proclaimed experts in areas such as love, relationships, religion, politics and hiding bodies.

Tom Brown
08-05-2007, 08:28 PM
.... we're a collective group of arm-chair quarterbacks who are self proclaimed experts in areas such as love, relationships, religion, politics and hiding bodies.
You could type in the model number of your monitor and it would give me wood. :cool:

thatguy
08-05-2007, 08:50 PM
What sdpm doesnt realize is that the comments, questions and suggestions from HB'ers are valuable. Sure the common thread is SUPPOSE to be boating, but we all know we're a collective group of arm-chair quarterbacks who are self proclaimed experts in areas such as love, relationships, religion, politics and hiding bodies.
You forgot child rearing and basic MAN law. But hey, just helping out.:D
Tommy

Ultracrazy
08-05-2007, 09:28 PM
Actually no I wasn't, but I did read yours and I just seems that just about every week someone on here is getting a divorce. You are right. I don't know your's or anyone else's situation and I sure hope I never have to go through it. Sorry if it sounded like I was singleing you out. Like I said, hope things for the both of you work out.
I didn't have a choice........but I will move on and start over.

ratso
08-06-2007, 07:51 AM
I didn't have a choice........but I will move on and start over.
It ain't like the old days where you just smack em across the mouth and say "Bitch, you ain't goin' nowhere"...:jawdrop:
J/K:D