PDA

View Full Version : To the guy who cut us off...

Goad
08-05-2007, 06:47 PM
At Havasu this weekend....A couple of buddies and myself left the south side of the channel saturday morning to head up to the sand bar to hang out for the day. We were in a 18 foot jet boat....at about 9:30am... as we came around the end of the island and went accross the lake, 2 large 40ish foot offshore boats came up on both sides of us. The one on the passanger side was about 150 yards away....the one on the drivers side was only about 50 feet......blew past us and cut right in front of us. He was only about 30 feet from our bow. If the driver of our boat did not take his foot out of it, he would have hit him. It was so close that we got soaked by his roost as we slammed over his wake. All of this only so he could line up with the other boat (who was minding his own business) so they could race. Total inconsiderate asshole.
I didnt come here to tell you "f-you" or say "if i see you, im gunna kick your teeth in".....but more less to say that you need to be more aware of the people and boats that are around you. A move like that can sink am inexperienced freeboard challenged boat easily. Yeah, havasu has become terrible over the years for small boats like ours, but situations like these sure dont make it appealing place to be. Please dont be a dumbass like that again. Thank you.
The boat in question had blue and grey graphics with 1/2 capsil style windshields. He seemed to be a middle aged man with light grey hair. it blew by so damn fast it was hard to make anything out. If anyone knows this guy, tell him that stunts like his kill people.

dragboat
08-05-2007, 06:51 PM
Glad everyone is ok. To bad people like this just don't go out and get some Enzite! (SP?)

AZJD
08-05-2007, 06:54 PM
At Havasu this weekend....A couple of buddies and myself left the south side of the channel saturday morning to head up to the sand bar to hang out for the day. We were in a 18 foot jet boat....at about 9:30am... as we came around the end of the island and went accross the lake, 2 large 40ish foot offshore boats came up on both sides of us. The one on the passanger side was about 150 yards away....the one on the drivers side was only about 50 feet......blew past us and cut right in front of us. He was only about 30 feet from our bow. If the driver of our boat did not take his foot out of it, he would have hit him. It was so close that we got soaked by his roost as we slammed over his wake. All of this only so he could line up with the other boat (who was minding his own business) so they could race. Total inconsiderate asshole.
I didnt come here to tell you "f-you" or say "if i see you, im gunna kick your teeth in".....but more less to say that you need to be more aware of the people and boats that are around you. A move like that can sink am inexperienced freeboard challenged boat easily. Yeah, havasu has become terrible over the years for small boats like ours, but situations like these sure dont make it appealing place to be. Please dont be a dumbass like that again. Thank you.
The boat in question had blue and grey graphics with 1/2 capsil style windshields. He seemed to be a middle aged man with light grey hair. it blew by so damn fast it was hard to make anything out. If anyone knows this guy, tell him that stunts like his kill people.
Yep that explains it..... Sounds like a DCB!:D

BLOWN HOWARD
08-05-2007, 07:00 PM
Yep that explains it..... Sounds like a DCB!:D
I think you hit the nail on the head. Lets here KILRTOY'S side of the story now!!!!!!!:sqeyes: :sqeyes: :sqeyes: :sqeyes: :sqeyes:

Goad
08-05-2007, 07:09 PM
I think you hit the nail on the head. Lets here KILRTOY'S side of the story now!!!!!!!:sqeyes: :sqeyes: :sqeyes: :sqeyes: :sqeyes:
do you guys know who it was? :confused:

ratso
08-05-2007, 07:16 PM
If you don't have enough cash to buy a 250,000 dollar boat, you don't need to be on Havasu period...:D

termiteguy
08-05-2007, 07:29 PM
you need to take that boat where you belong havi is not it . you should know better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! killer just posted a thread telling your broke ass to to stay out of his way :D if it doent cost 250,000 you have no buisness on that lake :D so take your broke ass elswere.:D

Goad
08-05-2007, 07:31 PM
If you don't have enough cash to buy a 250,000 dollar boat, you don't need to be on Havasu period...:D
the people that can afford boats in the price range and believe in that, shouldnt be allowed to own boats at all. :mad:

BobbyB
08-05-2007, 07:35 PM
i think you gotta look at the other thread to truly understand what's goin on here.
folks are just paraphrasing what's bein said overthere

Goad
08-05-2007, 07:36 PM
you need to take that boat where you belong havi is not it . you should know better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! killer just posted a thread telling your broke ass to to stay out of his way :D if it doent cost 250,000 you have no buisness on that lake :D so take your broke ass elswere.:D
a guy dangerously cuts us off and its our fault we werent in a $250k boat? :mad:

hotsand65
08-05-2007, 07:41 PM
It seems he only starts threads and never comes back to respond:confused:

blown65
08-05-2007, 07:42 PM
a guy dangerously cuts us off and its our fault we werent in a $250k boat? :mad:
lol, read this thread and you'll understand what these guys are talking bout.
Its really not directed at you. :)
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159442

msc5195
08-05-2007, 07:46 PM
Not defending Kilr but if the glove dont fit, you must acquit!

termiteguy
08-05-2007, 07:46 PM
well if you had a good boat that would do a 100 he would have never cut you off. now sell your house and buy a dcb and join the club:D

Goad
08-05-2007, 07:51 PM
well if you had a good boat that would do a 100 he would have never cut you off. now sell your house and buy a dcb and join the club:D
being a prick with too much money isnt that high of a priority in my life, sorry. :D

termiteguy
08-05-2007, 07:53 PM
being a prick with too much money isnt that high of a priority in my life, sorry. :D
:idea: :idea: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

BobbyB
08-05-2007, 07:55 PM
now yur gettin it

kylesbds
08-05-2007, 08:01 PM
F that you dont need a 250,000 dollar boat to be on havasu. Whoever thinks that has got some serious issues. I feel sorry for those of you who need that to be happy

PaPaG
08-05-2007, 08:35 PM
They are just mimicking another post, most boaters I know would agree with you, these irresponsible boaters are growing in numbers, we stay off the water on Saturdays just because of these incidents..glad your crew is ok and no one got hurt... :D

Throttle
08-05-2007, 08:40 PM
I am beginning to look very forward to the season being over soon for many peeps...:jawdrop:

Goad
08-05-2007, 08:44 PM
They are just mimicking another post, most boaters I know would agree with you, these irresponsible boaters are growing in numbers, we stay off the water on Saturdays just because of these incidents..glad your crew is ok and no one got hurt... :D
thanks.
I have been going to havasu since I was in diapers and can tell you that stupidity has not gotten worse in havasu, its just become easier to be stupid (wave runners, bigger boats, etc)....
I remember once when I was about 10 I saw a guy take twin I/O's from his knees to his shoulders because he was trying to pull his boat off a sand bar while it was in reverse. It was like a human blender.

Goldilocks
08-05-2007, 08:46 PM
I am beginning to look very forward to the season being over soon for many peeps...:jawdrop:
Yes, winter boating is looking much more appealing.

Throttle
08-05-2007, 08:52 PM
can't wait to spend some of that time with you:)

3queens
08-05-2007, 09:02 PM
peolpe need to slow down in traffic situations
expect the unexpected:)
cant we all just get along:messedup:

BLOWN HOWARD
08-05-2007, 09:05 PM
do you guys know who it was? :confused:
No just like to give KILRTOY some shit thats all.:D :D :D :D

73kona455
i think it call for common sense.. which a large majority of people seem to lack now days:D

Phat Matt
What am I? Chopped liver? :)

Goldilocks
08-05-2007, 09:06 PM
Same here. I feel like we haven't been out to Havasu in months but it's been just about a month or more since we were out last. Looks like this is a good thing based on all of these threads about people cutting people off. We will be out in two weeks. Hope to see you out there.

Goldilocks
08-05-2007, 09:07 PM
LMAO :D

Goad
08-05-2007, 09:23 PM
the thing is that this wasnt in the river, this was on the wide open lake on the north side of the island at 9:30am and there were no other boats around.

Goad
08-06-2007, 09:20 AM
anyone know this guy? if so, relay this message to him.

PaPaG
08-06-2007, 11:08 AM
the thing is that this wasnt in the river, this was on the wide open lake on the north side of the island at 9:30am and there were no other boats around.
I can recall at least a few incidents on each trip we have had to the river that the same occurs to either us or a friend, these big boats (the ones with idiot drivers not the experienced ones) just blast by you thinking they have the right away. They have no respect for other boaters that is for sure. We have had close incidents where these idiots blast by us at 80-100+ within 25 or 30 feet of us while having the rest of the river open to them.. In the old days I would hunt down the driver, jump in his boat and show him how close he got to us and how close he got to hurting our crew. But now a days we just do our best to keep our eyes open as any good boater should do and keep looking back and try to avoid these types of boaters...These kinds of boaters will someday cause change in the boating laws or cause speed limits to be enforced on the river and lakes that they visit due to their ignorance.

asch
08-06-2007, 12:56 PM
Sheaaat...you ain't gotta have money to be a prick dude.:D
Although it prolly don't hurt none having too much money in order to accelerate that zen state of supreme prickness;)

That Guy
08-06-2007, 01:22 PM
Amen girlie....miss you!:)

BDMar
08-06-2007, 01:31 PM
He'd want to spend time with you if he ever witnessed you playing the "Buddy Guitar":D

AirtimeLavey
08-06-2007, 01:38 PM
I can recall at least a few incidents on each trip we have had to the river that the same occurs to either us or a friend, these big boats (the ones with idiot drivers not the experienced ones) just blast by you thinking they have the right away. They have no respect for other boaters that is for sure. We have had close incidents where these idiots blast by us at 80-100+ within 25 or 30 feet of us while having the rest of the river open to them.. In the old days I would hunt down the driver, jump in his boat and show him how close he got to us and how close he got to hurting our crew. But now a days we just do our best to keep our eyes open as any good boater should do and keep looking back and try to avoid these types of boaters...These kinds of boaters will someday cause change in the boating laws or cause speed limits to be enforced on the river and lakes that they visit due to their ignorance.
I agree. Had this happen last year. On Havasu, heading northbound, we decided to turn left into Copper Canyon. I always drive defensively, with head on a swivel. I look back and a guy in a DCB (not going to name anyone as I'm not 100% sure who it was) was coming up hard. We had plenty of room, but with his speed, by the time we got over, he ended up way closer than I would have prefered. He didn't alter his course or slow at all. This was right in front of Copper Canyon on a weekend. I'm thinking that's not the place for that kind of speed on that day. Crazy a-- mofo. :mad: