PDA

View Full Version : NOS ON A 2.5 MERC

ZSARGO
07-29-2002, 01:00 PM
SHOULD I OR SHOULDN'T I. I HAVE ALL THE HARDWARE FOR THE NOS/METH SYSTEM ON MY BOAT. IT'S JUST NOT HOOKED UP TO THE INTAKE. IT WILL ADD 125 MORE PONIES TO THE MOTOR. I'M JUST AFFRAID OF THE DAMAGE IT CAN DO TO MY MOTOR. I'VE HEARD MANY PROS AND CONS. ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH THE NOS ON A OUTBOARD???
RUMOR HAS IT THAT BECAUSE ON THE EXTREME LOW TEMPS OF THE NOS IT EATS AWAY AT THE REEDS.
MY FEAR HAS BEEN THAT IF I RUN NOS, I WILL HAVE TO CHANGE PROPS EVERYTIME OR TAKE OUT THE REV LIMITER TO ACHIEVE HIGHER TOP SPEEDS.
THE TOUGHT OF 125HP EXTRA WITHOUT THE WEIGHT OF ANOTHER OUTBOARD IS MIGHTY TEMPTING.
THANKS.

You Te
07-29-2002, 07:10 PM
ZASRGO,
I run NOS on my 2.5. I'll tell you what you want to know on www.havasubarney.com (http://www.havasubarney.com)
Uncle Tony

Skaterfast
07-29-2002, 07:27 PM
Don't do it.Lots of friends have done it and smoke pistons,reeds,etc.I really think the problem lies with the driver.You have to be really conscience of how much you squeeze it.Once you squeeze it you'll squeeze it more and more,then boom.

HavasuDreamin'
07-30-2002, 06:23 AM
Somebody over at HavasuBarney said this.....
NOS for your motor is like cocaine........a little probably won't hurt, the problem is doing a little!
Good Luck!

anthony
08-04-2002, 07:14 PM
zscargo i think the biggest problem is you gotta watchyour exhaust temp ,. you better run good gas ,like 110 race gas ( TUNNEL T)