PDA

View Full Version : Calling it quits, selling the boat!

hot_diggity_dog
08-06-2007, 06:34 AM
Every year the boating experience seems to get worse and not better!:rolleyes: :messedup: :confused:
I'm going to boat the rest of the season and then the boat is for sale.:eek: :cry:
So if anyone is looking for deck boat for next season the Ole HDD will be for sale!
You can PM me for all of the details:idea:
Hot (Used to love boating) Diggity Dog

THOR
08-06-2007, 06:53 AM
What do you mean by getting worse? Just personal or the people at Havasu? I enjoyed your company whenever I hung with you Glenn. Best of luck brother.

Mrs.Racer277
08-06-2007, 07:02 AM
I am very sad to hear this.:(

TOBTEK
08-06-2007, 07:09 AM
SORRY, to hear of this Glen. I'll get you a new 2008 Rhino (backup) for your deck. Sound fair?:D

hot_diggity_dog
08-06-2007, 07:09 AM
What do you mean by getting worse? Just personal or the people at Havasu? I enjoyed your company whenever I hung with you Glenn. Best of luck brother.
Pretty much the whole experience now, crowds, Azz clowns, ect. The peeps I have met and hang with are all quality and I would boat with them anytime.
Time to step up the off-road racing and TV dealio!:idea: :D
HDD:)

hot_diggity_dog
08-06-2007, 07:10 AM
SORRY, to hear of this Glen. I'll get you a new 2008 Rhino (backup) for your deck. Sound fair?:D
OK Less motor!;) LOL:D
Going to do the Baller pool at the crib!:idea:

ratso
08-06-2007, 07:12 AM
I think if we all quit boating, we'd have more time to hang out here...:D

hot_diggity_dog
08-06-2007, 07:16 AM
I think if we all quit boating, we'd have more time to hang out here...:D
Just think Ratso that would give you more time to have a few more Chickies!:idea: :D :D :D

HOOTER SLED-
08-06-2007, 07:21 AM
Pretty much the whole experience now, crowds, Azz clowns, ect. The peeps I have met and hang with are all quality and I would boat with them anytime.
I hear ya on this one. Sounds like an adjustment could fix this. Maybe boat somewhere else? During the week? I used to love the crowds. Now I find myself not even wanting to deal with the BS. :confused:

TOBTEK
08-06-2007, 07:24 AM
OK Less motor!;) LOL:D
Going to do the Baller pool at the crib!:idea:
take it from me..... DO NOT hire a pool company! Do a owner/builder, get twice as much for your money. Id trade your boat less motor for a new 08 efi Rhino... I have a motor to drop in:D

hot_diggity_dog
08-06-2007, 07:25 AM
no one likes a quitter :sqeyes: ;) now we can get the trophy lite truck ??? :D , and tell pam, i have a pool, she can come over anytime .............
LMAO:D
I can hear the TV interview now!:sqeyes:
Well he told me he was selling the boat to build me my dream pool and now he is racing Trophy Lite, and the only pool I have is at keye's house!:jawdrop:
How was the new Calibria on the strip?:confused:
Hot (Inside joke from Stunt Junkies) Diggity Dog;)

ratso
08-06-2007, 08:00 AM
LMAO:D
I can hear the TV interview now!:sqeyes:
Well he told me he was selling the boat to build me my dream pool and now he is racing Trophy Lite, and the only pool I have is at keye's house!:jawdrop:
How was the new Calibria on the strip?:confused:
Hot (Inside joke from Stunt Junkies) Diggity Dog;)
I can't believe the "air" those things are getting in your sig line...:jawdrop:
I thought the first one was a photo chop!

atomickitn
08-06-2007, 08:25 AM
wow that sucks to give up something that you use to love , but at least you have something else to play with and enjoy your time, no matter what hope all works out for you clen, you are always welcome to hang out with us any time...:)

framer1
08-06-2007, 08:26 AM
Every year the boating experience seems to get worse and not better!:rolleyes: :messedup: :confused:
I'm going to boat the rest of the season and then the boat is for sale.:eek: :cry:
So if anyone is looking for deck boat for next season the Ole HDD will be for sale!
This is exactly how I feel.....put one hour on boat this year, probably won't use it again this year. Good luck with your sale Glen.

hot_diggity_dog
08-06-2007, 08:47 AM
i'm getting fitted for my "river" kidney belt for weekends ..... :)
That sucks!:sqeyes: What about the wifes Tata's :D does she need someone to hold them?:idea: ;)
Keep it tied up to your dock and just look good.;)

hot_diggity_dog
08-06-2007, 08:49 AM
I can't believe the "air" those things are getting in your sig line...:jawdrop:
I thought the first one was a photo chop!
Crazy Shiat don't ya think Ratso!!!:) :) :)

hot_diggity_dog
08-06-2007, 08:51 AM
wow that sucks to give up something that you use to love , but at least you have something else to play with and enjoy your time, no matter what hope all works out for you clen, you are always welcome to hang out with us any time...:)
Bobby I'll be hittin ya up!;)
You know after 22+ years of marriage you sacrifice things you love for others!;) :mad: :D :D
I wish the best for you while Windy is gone.;)

socalmoney
08-06-2007, 08:59 AM
I think if you sell your boat, you forfeit your "old school forum member" status.

RiverOtter
08-06-2007, 09:07 AM
Move to TN, lakes / rivers not crowded and more water than we know what to do with :D

Big Kahunaa
08-06-2007, 09:39 AM
i'm with you i went and looked at a bigger boat this weekend and decided to just keep the small boat and do tuesday evening floats and stay away form saturdays now we are just going to get more dirt toys

Ivan Dan
08-06-2007, 09:43 AM
Move to TN, lakes / rivers not crowded and more water than we know what to do with :D
The problem with this is there isn't any offroad racing out there in the toolies. Guys like Glenn, Deano and I are totally addicted to offroad racing and we would go completely nuts without it.

Dave C
08-06-2007, 09:51 AM
too bad you can't broaden your boating horizons.
In order to get away from azzholes & crazies, there are lots of smaller more remoate lakes in Norcal. Great boating and typically nice, more sane people.
I have to agree that the few times I visited Havasu its been crazy. Fun, but crazy :devil:

hot_diggity_dog
08-06-2007, 07:52 PM
The problem with this is there isn't any offroad racing out there in the toolies. Guys like Glenn, Deano and I are totally addicted to offroad racing and we would go completely nuts without it.
No shiat plus if someone is in your way you just nerf the Martha Focker!;) :D :D
HDD:D

thatguy
08-06-2007, 08:05 PM
I keep hearing this more and more. I lived there as a child. ( murfreesburo and smyrna.) A buddy of mine sold his 10 acre spread near Redding last year and moved there. He had family back there. Called me and said he bought 2 houses, rents one out and is having a third one built. say's he never felt so rich! Is cost of living that much lower than west coast?
Tommy

XtrmWakeborder
08-06-2007, 08:26 PM
too bad you can't broaden your boating horizons.
In order to get away from azzholes & crazies, there are lots of smaller more remoate lakes in Norcal. Great boating and typically nice, more sane people.
I have to agree that the few times I visited Havasu its been crazy. Fun, but crazy :devil:
shhh! I want it to still be like that when I move up there......:devil:

Sportin' Wood
08-06-2007, 08:31 PM
Add me to that list Fawk Boating!:D
<-------- getting slugged by My Mans Sportin Wood
Anyone racing this weekend besides me? Hard core desert racers don't like 116 heat or what?:)
edit: Sorry your bummed on Boating, I just bury my boat in junk and forget about it till I get too broke to race.

GHT
08-06-2007, 08:55 PM
Maybe we will see you next year when you jump the channel with a 50cc mini bike with quadruple turbos and 24" of travel.
Let us know when you're jumping and we will hang. :D

LOWRIVER2
08-06-2007, 09:03 PM
Just sell your ride, buy a toon,v -drive, or jet, and come down south of Parker bridge, Blythe, or Martinez.
Less ramps equals less boaters-much easier to confront/catch anyone that is either HUA or does'nt give a damn and educate/regulatethem on safe boating.
Not as many accidents on the lower river for a reason. It'll remind you why you started boating in the first place, to have fun and r-e-l-a-x.
You'll stil have cash left to add on to the dirt toy collection too.

DILLIGAF
08-06-2007, 09:36 PM
If it is what you want Glen then I am happy for you. Good luck with all your racing stuff. Sometimes you just get tired of the BS...I totally understand.

Ziggy
08-06-2007, 09:49 PM
I kept your secret Glennji and now you go and blab it to everyone :D Sheesh;) :)
Best wishes for your new and awesome endeavors.
Every year I go through similar emmotions where in the winter I love the desert season and boating in the summer, towards the ends of each season I look forward to the new hobby season ahead of me. It's a vicious cycle.
Bro, hugs to you and your beautiful bride from me and Jan :)

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-07-2007, 05:17 AM
Sorry to hear that, Glenn. I think the bottom line is (including all of this drinking and boating and 100MPH in the channel stuff) that the Colorado River area is just too crowded. Period. When we were in Montana, people were complaining because there were 20-30 boats on a 15 mile long lake. There really isn't anywhere to boat in California because they build these "no body contact" reservoirs :mad: so we are all forced to drive 3-5 hours to water that is way too crowded and launch ramps that take, at best, 1/2 hour at worst 3 hours to launch. It's ridiculous. We don't go as much as we used to because it's just too much of a pain in the ass. Hopefully in a couple of years we can be in an area with more lakes to choose from.

Dribble
08-07-2007, 05:54 AM
I know what you mean. It up here in Norcal it's crazy.
Between the 20 minute drive to the river.
The long lines at the ramp.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/medium/365MVC-308S.JPG
The big ballers churning up the water.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/365MVC-312S.JPG
The out of control crowds at the beach.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/365DCP_0545.jpg
We can hardly take it anymore.

acatitude
08-07-2007, 05:57 AM
Lmao::D hey thats my beach

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-07-2007, 06:04 AM
Exactly!

RiverOtter
08-07-2007, 06:58 AM
Sounds as bad there as it is here in TN :D
I know what you mean. It up here in Norcal it's crazy.
Between the 20 minute drive to the river.
The long lines at the ramp.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/medium/365MVC-308S.JPG
The big ballers churning up the water.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/365MVC-312S.JPG
The out of control crowds at the beach.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/365DCP_0545.jpg
We can hardly take it anymore.

sleekcraft137
08-07-2007, 07:05 AM
Hot (Used to love boating) Diggity DogI know what you mean, my boat was sold last weekend and is now a hozer up in ontario canada. For me it was more about the gas prices and time to run it. At $400 everytime I took it out the $$$ just started to add up and made me feel pissed off when I was running it rather then feeling happy and relaxed. Im sad to get rid of it but I feel better knowing that I'm not dumping a TON of money to insurance and fuel costs every month. So we decided to put a pool in instead of boating. I know there are alot of costs there as well, but atleast it will get used a couple times a day and not a couple times a month.

Ivan Dan
08-07-2007, 10:48 PM
Add me to that list Fawk Boating!:D
<-------- getting slugged by My Mans Sportin Wood
Anyone racing this weekend besides me? Hard core desert racers don't like 116 heat or what?:)
edit: Sorry your bummed on Boating, I just bury my boat in junk and forget about it till I get too broke to race.
I think I'm gonna cruise out there Saturday mid day after my appointment. I'll be chillin with Tim (Signpros) so if you need anything swing by. Let me know if you need an extra co-driver or anything. :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-08-2007, 05:59 AM
I think I'm gonna cruise out there Saturday mid day after my appointment. I'll be chillin with Tim (Signpros) so if you need anything swing by. Let me know if you need an extra co-driver or anything. :D
I'll stop by his booth. Hopefully we will be having a victory party Sat night. We have done so much improvment to the car, that it is about 30 percent faster....... Even in the whoops. Now I just need to find the talent to drive it that fast.:D
SW

mbrown2
08-08-2007, 07:50 AM
Good...one less crazy on the lake...j/k :).....hopefully it is just priorities and not you letting the idiots take the water from you....we need to develop up or develop out those idiots on the water...can't imagine not boating anymore even if the feds restricted me down to an innertube with a sail on it! :)

RiverToysJas
08-08-2007, 08:06 AM
Just sell your ride, buy a toon,v -drive, or jet, and come down south of Parker bridge, Blythe, or Martinez.
Less ramps equals less boaters-much easier to confront/catch anyone that is either HUA or does'nt give a damn and educate/regulatethem on safe boating.
Not as many accidents on the lower river for a reason. It'll remind you why you started boating in the first place, to have fun and r-e-l-a-x.
Cool......Keep telling everyone that!!! Go to Big River/Blythe - it's awesome down there!!!! http://forums.ratedesi.com/images/smilies/icon_dancesmiley.gif ....Beautiful scenery too, I'm sure. I think everyone should move their crap down there!!!! http://forums.ratedesi.com/images/smilies/icon_wave.gif
Less Ramps = Less Boaters ...... Only one decent ramp on the south end of Mohave, and we all know it's never crowded there. ;)
Needles SUX!!! :mad: (and is getting worse......lets all go south of Parker!!!)
RTJas :D

STV_Keith
08-08-2007, 08:31 AM
Sorry to hear Glennji. But your welcome to ride with me anytime bro. You got my number...the cell works for calls other than Dmax tech, BTW. ;) :D

Ivan Dan
08-08-2007, 10:29 AM
I'll stop by his booth. Hopefully we will be having a victory party Sat night. We have done so much improvment to the car, that it is about 30 percent faster....... Even in the whoops. Now I just need to find the talent to drive it that fast.:D
SW
Hammer down baby!

boatnam2
08-08-2007, 10:34 AM
I can tell you from experience parker sucks and advise all boaters happy and unhappy to go to havasu(look like a baller)laughlin(look like a gambler)and blythe(lool like a tweaker)but please save yourself a miserable want to sell the boat weekend and stay away from parker.

Deano
08-08-2007, 11:10 AM
shit Glenn, I heard the Excel was for sale... You probably throw enough their way to make the payment:D