PDA

View Full Version : stereo sugestions

Havasubum
08-06-2007, 11:47 AM
im going to be getting my stereo done tomorrow and cant decide on if i sould change the door speakers and amp it or just leave it stock. i will be putting 2 10's and a new headunit for sure. is it really worth it ?? or will the stock speakers sound good to??
let me know what you think so i can make a decsion

Nord
08-06-2007, 11:49 AM
If you can get away with stock speakers, I would. If they sound like crap, then change them later. You might save yourself a penny or two.:)

thatguy
08-06-2007, 01:07 PM
im going to be getting my stereo done tomorrow and cant decide on if i sould change the door speakers and amp it or just leave it stock. i will be putting 2 10's and a new headunit for sure. is it really worth it ?? or will the stock speakers sound good to??
Well, What kind of vehicle? Makes a big difference. A new car or old?
Tommy

Coach
08-06-2007, 01:32 PM
I would do the upgrade. I did when I did my truck and it make a huge difference. I ended up with a co-axil in the door and it helped a ton with the highs.

Havasubum
08-06-2007, 07:23 PM
Well, What kind of vehicle? Makes a big difference. A new car or old?
Tommy
2001 f-150 supercrew

thatguy
08-06-2007, 07:33 PM
2001 f-150 supercrew
Those are a very easy door speaker swap. You can keep it simple and go with some MB Quart 2-ways. I believe your vehicle should have 5X7 door speakers. The stock speakers in that vehicle actually respond quite well to the added wattage of aftermarket decks. BUT they come alive in the lower frequencies. If you were not adding subs, I would say leave them stock. But by adding subs, and with the added bass in the stock doors you will have a hard time producing any upper mid range frequencies at an audible level.
Quarts are known for there mid and upper range clarity. Should run you around $200.00 for a decent set of drop-ins. You will not be sorry.
Tommy

boatpoor
08-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Hey are you in the buis? If so maybe you can give me some help too. Got an 05 GMC crew stock but would like to PUMP IT UP.

thatguy
08-06-2007, 08:47 PM
Hey are you in the buis? If so maybe you can give me some help too. Got an 05 GMC crew stock but would like to PUMP IT UP.
Well, I used to do quite a few custom installs. Now I only do my own and sometimes friends rides. I do customs on rare occasion now in classics only.
Just don't have the time anymore. But am happy to be of help with advise if you want.
I am going to do my nieghbors '68 RS SS Camaro. Will see if he minds I post pics of the install. F u c k e r is the nicest camaro I have EVER seen.
Tommy

Havasubum
08-07-2007, 10:45 AM
Those are a very easy door speaker swap. You can keep it simple and go with some MB Quart 2-ways. I believe your vehicle should have 5X7 door speakers. The stock speakers in that vehicle actually respond quite well to the added wattage of aftermarket decks. BUT they come alive in the lower frequencies. If you were not adding subs, I would say leave them stock. But by adding subs, and with the added bass in the stock doors you will have a hard time producing any upper mid range frequencies at an audible level.
Quarts are known for there mid and upper range clarity. Should run you around $200.00 for a decent set of drop-ins. You will not be sorry.
Tommy
thanks ill have to look into that. looks like i will be getting new speakers also. since i am going to be running two amplifiers is there a need for a power capicitor? or should i be able to go without using one?