PDA

View Full Version : Boat Deep Garage

THE WIDGE
02-20-2006, 05:55 PM
Hopefully someone here can help me. I'm looking to build a detached boat deep garage at my vacation home in Havasu. I'm looking at around 40L x25W x 13H. Im looking for pricing info and builder info. If anyone has completed a project like this, I would greatly appreciate some direction.
Thanks

andy01
02-20-2006, 09:24 PM
You might try posting this is the Sandbar section.

SummitKarl
02-20-2006, 09:33 PM
Hopefully someone here can help me. I'm looking to build a detached boat deep garage at my vacation home in Havasu. I'm looking at around 40L x25W x 13H. Im looking for pricing info and builder info. If anyone has completed a project like this, I would greatly appreciate some direction.
Thanks
Widge, I got you covered I am a Architect in Havasu and do this stuff every day, what would you like to know

THE WIDGE
02-21-2006, 09:40 AM
Widge, I got you covered I am a Architect in Havasu and do this stuff every day, what would you like to know
I was looking for pricing info. How much would something like this cost, nothing special, just regular lighting, maybe a few ceiling fans, and an exit door. IS this something easy to sub out on my own, I just don't want to be driving every weekend CA to AZ. How much would I save doing some of the work myself, and subing the concrete, electric, stucco.
Thanks

SummitKarl
02-21-2006, 10:41 AM
I was looking for pricing info. How much would something like this cost, nothing special, just regular lighting, maybe a few ceiling fans, and an exit door. IS this something easy to sub out on my own, I just don't want to be driving every weekend CA to AZ. How much would I save doing some of the work myself, and subing the concrete, electric, stucco.
Thanks
if you want to do owner builder I can take care of you and manage the project, I am doing 3 garage add on's right now this way, and I can deal with a partial build if that's what you want.
I need a bit more info to give you a bid, the big item is the size of the garage door, that drives the rest of the design. your probably looking at $70k for a RV height, the shorter the G'door opening the cheaper it gets. also any Drain type plumbing...toilet/sink
some things to consider.
Detached rules,
cannot exceed 15' total height or roof line of current house
must be 10' from current structure if it encroaches the rear set back, 6' within the setbacks
send me a PM with your Address and I can go look at what you have to work with
Thanks
Karl

Cole Sanger
02-21-2006, 03:14 PM
Can someone dig me a tunnel from the front of my house to the back? I need to be able to get an RV to the backyard. I have 4ft on both sides of my house. Also, it needs to be a hidden tunnel so my homeowners assoc. doesn't ding me for the tunnel. Thanks. :cry:

Desert Rat
02-21-2006, 03:30 PM
At 70k I would say this is a stick and frame building. Do they allow steel buildings in your area?( I know not as nice looking but WAY cheaper) I had a 33 deep x 30 wide insulated with a 15 ft center roof hight with two 12 wide by 10 high doors put in for around 20K in So Cal That was with electrical,permits and pad. I did do some of the work myself though.

TCHB
02-21-2006, 05:22 PM
I am just finishing up a 30x50 ft RV garage in Havasu. We started building on December 10th and will be done in about 2 weeks.

THE WIDGE
02-21-2006, 05:45 PM
I am just finishing up a 30x50 ft RV garage in Havasu. We started building on December 10th and will be done in about 2 weeks.
How much did you spend if you don't mind, and who did you use. Would you recomend?

Brian Ray
02-21-2006, 09:01 PM
I was thinking of having a detached garage built but after getting a quote for $48,500 for a 540 sqft shop to store my boat I'm going to wait....
Bid included pricing for tile roof, stucco outside to match existing house, 9ft high ceilings, entry door, 3 windows, fans, insulation, drywall and texture, plumbing for sink, 220, etc...basically if you wanted to take the door out and put up the wall it would be setup for a mother-in-law unit.
Boating isn't cheap...boat, tow vehicle, and storage. :)

SummitKarl
02-21-2006, 09:06 PM
I was thinking of having a detached garage built but after getting a quote for $48,500 for a 540 sqft shop to store my built I'm going to wait....
Bid included pricing for tile roof, stucco outside to match existing house, 9ft high ceilings, entry door, 3 windows, fans, insulation, drywall and texture, plumbing for sink, 220, etc...basically if you wanted to take the door out and put up the wall it would be setup for a mother-in-law unit.
Boating isn't cheap...boat, tow vehicle, and storage. :)
SEE Matt, 9' ceilings makes it much cheaper :)
I am up if you want to chat

Brian Ray
02-21-2006, 09:27 PM
SEE Matt, 9' ceilings makes it much cheaper :)
I am up if you want to chat
Based on my quote of $89.81 per sqft that would equal $89,000 for a 40X25 garage.....but since he's looking for 14 ft tall add another $$$.
Am I off base here....but is $89.81 a sqft kinda high??

THE WIDGE
02-21-2006, 10:04 PM
Based on my quote of $89.81 per sqft that would equal $89,000 for a 40X25 garage.....but since he's looking for 14 ft tall add another $$$.
Yeah, thats out of control for 4 walls and a roof. I had goten a quote in Oct for about $50 a sq ft and I thought that was high. My buddy built his 2 years ago in Laguna Beach for less than 25k 40x20 RV height. I was hoping someone here might have gotten a deal, or at least a reasonible price.

monkey rage frank
02-21-2006, 11:21 PM
Can you through in a 6ft tall x 50 deep wall? I sure do need one. Man I need to get my roots in gear and move to Havasu, I'll be rich. :rollside: :) :)

SummitKarl
02-22-2006, 04:44 AM
nope that bid was way high, someone didn't want the job, I am doing a 24' x 36' w/9' ceiling and comp roof for $56k right now = $65 per sq ft, but concrete prices jump again at the first of the month, I am waiting for a price jump notice from my lumber supplier :rolleyes:, between "Katrina" and China thats what is driving up costs.

Brian Ray
02-22-2006, 07:38 AM
nope that bid was way high, someone didn't want the job, I am doing a 24' x 36' w/9' ceiling and comp roof for $56k right now = $65 per sq ft, but concrete prices jump again at the first of the month, I am waiting for a price jump notice from my lumber supplier :rolleyes:, between "Katrina" and China thats what is driving up costs.
Any chance of you coming to Bakersfield?? :rollside: Or know anyone out this way that you can recommend?
Your bid is way more reasonable.......

SummitKarl
02-22-2006, 07:48 AM
Any chance of you coming to Bakersfield?? :rollside: Or know anyone out this way that you can recommend?
Your bid is way more reasonable.......
Nope no can build in Taxifornia, but that explains your price, Permit cost are much higher and California normally requires engineering on all structures thats a $5k nut right there, plus the permits.
But maybe there is someone on the board than can help, assuming you want to do owner builder. PM AtomicKtn (Bobby) and see if he would like some side work, he has done work for me out here and gets a big thumbs up from me for his craftsmanship

Jrocket
02-22-2006, 08:46 AM
This is what Im looking at..
http://metalbuildingdepot.com/

ScapeGoat
02-22-2006, 09:34 AM
Summerkarl,
I am looking for a wall to be built 65x90

Ivan Dan
02-22-2006, 10:13 AM
Summerkarl,
You looking for a block wall? Call Jason Lee he owns Another Block Company 928-230-8794 and he will take care of you. Tell him Dan Kaatz referred you so he knows to hook you up.

NOTALENT
02-22-2006, 10:26 AM
You looking for a block wall? Call Jason Lee he owns Another Block Company 928-230-8794 and he will take care of you. Tell him Dan Kaatz referred you so he knows to hook you up.
Where is he at??? My parents want to fill in a large portion and build I Cinder Block wall up in parker....Last there were quoted was like 37k :jawdrop:

novaguy
02-22-2006, 12:55 PM
Matt,
If I were you, I would do what my neighbor across the street is doing. Build a garage and on top have a little one bedroom apartment added on. That way you can rent it out and pay for the garage with rent money. Not only that, but you will have 24 hour security on your property. Think about it and stop being a "Widgenstein".
Rob

SummitKarl
02-22-2006, 01:05 PM
This is what Im looking at..
http://metalbuildingdepot.com/
better talk to Roaddog4040, he just got "THE SHOCKER" when the real costs were totaled up,. it's easily double their add, once you include CONCRETE!!!, permits, plumbing and so on.......don't let that add fool you.......
you want slab under that.. 60 x 100 = 6000 sq ft x $4.50 per sq ft = $27,000

SummitKarl
02-22-2006, 01:28 PM
Just thought I would share this.
I am doing it for my neighbor, This was slab only at 7am this morning. DAM I think they want paid today :)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2734chuck.JPG

Ivan Dan
02-22-2006, 01:31 PM
Where is he at??? My parents want to fill in a large portion and build I Cinder Block wall up in parker....Last there were quoted was like 37k :jawdrop:
He's in LHC and a good buddy of mine. He does killer work tell your parents to give him a call I'm not 100% sure he'll go to Parker but he might if he knows its a referral from me.

THE WIDGE
02-22-2006, 02:15 PM
Summerkarl,
I had a 6ft block wall built around my yard, he charged me about $50 a lin ft. Now this was last summer. He doesn't have a license, but the work was great, and you couldn't beat the price, I was getting quotes like $70-$80 a lin ft.

THE WIDGE
02-22-2006, 09:44 PM
I had a 6ft block wall built around my yard, he charged me about $50 a lin ft. Now this was last summer. He doesn't have a license, but the work was great, and you couldn't beat the price, I was getting quotes like $70-$80 a lin ft.
bump

monkey rage frank
02-23-2006, 08:40 AM
yea build a apt/condo on top so I can stay there. I would love a lake view :)

THE WIDGE
02-23-2006, 09:03 AM
yea build a apt/condo on top so I can stay there. I would love a lake view :)
Sounds like a great idea guys, but $$$$$$. I'm hoping Yamo might want to help me build this thing if I can't get a decent price for 4 walls and a roof. Tell Yamo to call me, I've Emial him twice.

NOTALENT
02-23-2006, 03:23 PM
He's in LHC and a good buddy of mine. He does killer work tell your parents to give him a call I'm not 100% sure he'll go to Parker but he might if he knows its a referral from me.
I guess my parents talked to him, set something up but he flaked.... :220v: Last weekend or the week before.

Ivan Dan
02-23-2006, 08:31 PM
I guess my parents talked to him, set something up but he flaked.... :220v: Last weekend or the week before.
No way....are you sure? Jason is SUPER reliable.....make sure they tell him that I referred them and if he flakes on them again I will personally kick his ass. :crossx: :D

yamakazi
02-23-2006, 09:05 PM
Sounds like a great idea guys, but $$$$$$. I'm hoping Yamo might want to help me build this thing if I can't get a decent price for 4 walls and a roof. Tell Yamo to call me, I've Emial him twice.
Hmmm....swingin' a hammer in 110 heat? He MUST be talking about Jamie. I'm with Frank...put in some bunk beds in that room so I can enjoy the view too! :D Plus, the heat from those boat flames will keep us all snug at night!

monkey rage frank
02-23-2006, 10:43 PM
oh poor Matt. Thats defintley a winter time project. It can be done. I still think you should just extend your Garage. Once you get the Magic you will only need room for one boat. 50k-70k is a lot of Money.

NOTALENT
02-24-2006, 06:22 AM
No way....are you sure? Jason is SUPER reliable.....make sure they tell him that I referred them and if he flakes on them again I will personally kick his ass. :crossx: :D
That's what they said.... I will see when there up there next and have them set it up again, dropping the big dog's name!!! :crossx:

THE WIDGE
02-24-2006, 04:00 PM
Hmmm....swingin' a hammer in 110 heat? He MUST be talking about Jamie. I'm with Frank...put in some bunk beds in that room so I can enjoy the view too! :D Plus, the heat from those boat flames will keep us all snug at night!
Jamie? come on, a hammer,That boy doesn't sweat. I just need a little direction and you'll be compensated, and if you want to hammer, we'll that's great!

novaguy
02-24-2006, 07:16 PM
Matt,
Look at that chick screamin and holding her tits on Glen's avatar. She's saying stop being such a tight ass and do it!!! :p

meaniam
02-25-2006, 08:16 AM
Matt,
Look at that chick screamin and holding her tits on Glen's avatar. She's saying stop being such a tight ass and do it!!! :p
laughing at that one. i thought she was screaming for me to feed it to her?

THE WIDGE
02-25-2006, 12:33 PM
Matt,
I'll do it as soon as you sell your place in TWEEKER TOWN and move to Havasu.

novaguy
02-25-2006, 04:16 PM
I know, I know.....
I can't afford Havasu on my own (or should I say justify it). Maybe some day, if a guy named Frank getts off his ass and goes in halves with me :) I want to be there so bad, you don't even know...

THE WIDGE
02-27-2006, 07:01 PM
For those who need a block wall at a decent price. His name is Amador, and his number is 928 208-3150. HE built over 200ft of walls at about $50 lin ft for 6ft high w/ stucco.

Hallett
02-27-2006, 09:37 PM
For those who need a block wall at a decent price. His name is Amador, and his number is 928 208-3150. HE built over 200ft of walls at about $50 lin ft for 6ft high w/ stucco.
Amador is doing my walls now looks like he does nice work
and shows up on time. no complaints so far. can't
beat the price.