PDA

View Full Version : 45MPH Bayliner Peckerhead

Pheelin Phroggy
08-06-2007, 05:13 PM
So here I was cruising my 28' 75mph boat at a whopping 35mph (sober of course) and some "probably" drunk ass peckerhead cruising 45 in a bayliner cuts me off!
Almost left a prize in my shorts!
Another perfect example of "HATE THE DRIVER, NOT THE BOAT"
Actually I figured I would boost my post count again with the topic of the week so that someday I won't be considered a newbie and someday someone might actually take me seriously around here.
U.S. Army Retired

Hotcobra270
08-06-2007, 05:19 PM
did he come out of nowhere??

Pheelin Phroggy
08-06-2007, 05:22 PM
did he come out of nowhere??
did you see him too?

Wake Havasu
08-06-2007, 05:23 PM
So here I was cruising my 28' 75mph boat at a whopping 35mph (sober of course) and some "probably" drunk ass peckerhead cruising 45 in a bayliner cuts me off!
Almost left a prize in my shorts!
Another perfect example of "HATE THE DRIVER, NOT THE BOAT"
Actually I figured I would boost my post count again with the topic of the week so that someday I won't be considered a newbie and someday someone might actually take me seriously around here.
U.S. Army Retired
A boat, with what 1/8th the power of yours , came out of "nowhere' and caught you by surprise.
Yes, I agree ,its the driver and not the boat.

Pheelin Phroggy
08-06-2007, 05:51 PM
I dont remember stating he "came out of nowhere" or "surprised" me anywhere in my post, In fact I saw him coming and tried to move out of his way as he cut across my bow.. instead of hammering it down into a dangerous situation.
My point is simple, I just don't see any reason for boaters to hate boats because they may be faster... any boat at any speed can have a peckerhead causing problems driving it.
Anyone that does not understand or believe this should spend day watching the fiasco the with "all" types of boats and watercraft doing 5mph or less at any high use launch facility!
up 3 (posts)

Nord
08-06-2007, 05:56 PM
See............that would have never happened to you if you had that pig out at the ocean.........:D :) :jawdrop:

Pheelin Phroggy
08-06-2007, 06:29 PM
true. but then my boat would get bounced around like a bayliner at Mohave and there are fish big enough to EAT me out there in big blue!
up 4