PDA

View Full Version : baffles at parker ?

blownjet
08-06-2007, 08:07 PM
coming out next week 8/12 thru 8/16 whats the law? I have baffles but would prefer to leave them out.

OverKill
08-06-2007, 09:33 PM
I just run water injected and never had a problem. If that is your application, that should be good enough.
OverKill

ColeTR2
08-06-2007, 09:47 PM
I have baffles but would prefer to leave them out.
I'd leave them in you are just asking to get a ticket. The cops here a very fare. They just want to see that your are making an attempt to reduce noise. The first thing they will do is look into your headers.

BLOWN HOWARD
08-06-2007, 09:57 PM
They wont check you in Havasu, Just go up there!!!!

rollin24/7
08-07-2007, 07:09 AM
Never heard of anyone getting pulled over for noise there. In fact 2 months ago when I was there, the ole flat bottom boats were out racing at sunset and everyone enjoyed watching them. Nobody got pulled over...just be respectful and have fun!

tamalewagon
08-07-2007, 08:04 AM
We'll be out at Buckskin from the 14th thru 19th. C'mon over for a cold one.

ColeTR2
08-07-2007, 08:51 AM
Never heard of anyone getting pulled over for noise there.
LOL! your kidding right?

Beautiful Noise
08-07-2007, 05:37 PM
LOL! your kidding right?
I guess I missed that weekend :rolleyes: :D

GNKid
08-07-2007, 08:08 PM
I run my GN Boat at Parker all the time. It has straight through exhaust and is extremely loud.
You are going to get pulled over for it. It is just a matter of when and how.
I never drink when my GN boat is in the water, not even a drop. I always were my life jacket. And I do my best never to buzz any boats, and definitely don't run hard when kids are in the water.
When you do get pulled over, be cutorious. Remember that the Police provide our sport a service. It is a service of safety. Police do not make the rules, they only enforce the laws. You will find that most law enforcement do not like the noise rule either.
If you have to be mad at some one. Be mad at all the people with LOTS OF MONEY that move to river and don't like people like us driving past there million dollar estates. These are the people that are ruining our sport, it is not the Police.
So if you do get pulled over for noise do not give the Police a chance to right you for something else.
Travis :idea:

HowardFlat
08-08-2007, 03:08 PM
I have a buddy who has a house a few spots down from badenochs and he got pulled over for no mufflers when his boat was on the trailer coming back from getting gas in Parker. the guy told him he better not see that boat in the water without them.

lokinutz
08-09-2007, 07:23 AM
Yep, you will get pulled over for noise. Got pulled over in a buddies blown Daytona. Actually, it's the boat JBB has now. Got a ticket, but the cops were cool enough to leave it at that. Be curteous to the cops there, and they will be good to deal with. Make an attempt to reduce the noise, and it may save you some cash in the long run.