PDA

View Full Version : Chronic Tacos??????????????

HOOTER SLED-
08-06-2007, 08:41 PM
Ever eaten there???? Looks like there is one poppin up by the casa. :) There is one in Costa Mesa and HB I guess.

HM
08-06-2007, 08:47 PM
Ever eaten there???? Looks like there is one poppin up by the casa. :) There is one in Costa Mesa and HB I guess.
Don't go...because once you start going...you can't stop. Don't say I didn't warn you. :D

Riverkid
08-06-2007, 08:51 PM
Don't go...because once you start going...you can't stop. Don't say I didn't warn you. :D
Did they give you a free shirt yet? :D

HM
08-06-2007, 08:53 PM
Did they give you a free shirt yet? :D
We are talking about Chronic Tacos...not the place that is in Canyon Lake. I got the t-shirt a long time ago. But then, I had some bad pizza out at the desert...and BrianB can tell you the rest. :D

Cs19
08-06-2007, 08:55 PM
Good food but it doesnt hold a candle to wahoos.

HOOTER SLED-
08-06-2007, 08:57 PM
This place will be walking distance from my house. :)

HM
08-06-2007, 09:03 PM
Good food but it doesnt hold a candle to wahoos.
Dont listen to the gringo who like americanized processed mexican food. :D

MAINEVENT
08-06-2007, 09:18 PM
Pretty bomb tacos...

Goad
08-06-2007, 09:23 PM
I went there one (costa mesa)....i wasnt that impressed
cool atmosphere though

uLtRADeNniS
08-06-2007, 09:49 PM
Chronic Taco is the shizzz. My favorite one is the one in HB. Its real low key, with tv's, pool tables and a bar. The one in Newport has about 4 seats and you can almost always expect a long line.
They have a really cool bar called the Chronic Cantina at Triangle Square. If you like nightlife, Id say its a real cool place to chill.
IMO...Wahoos is awesome, but aint got nuttin on Chronic.:D
The best place in that area for good Mexican food would be Taco Mesa.. tasty and healthy.

Phat Matt
08-06-2007, 09:54 PM
Chronic Cantina is opening in Upland next month.

BLOWN HOWARD
08-06-2007, 09:56 PM
Were at Matt

Phat Matt
08-06-2007, 10:17 PM
Were at Matt
On Central north of the 10. The old Cellar building.

HOOTER SLED-
08-07-2007, 04:02 AM
We'll see how this place turns out. Maybe this can be the spot for the next HB Xmas Toy Drive or a taco night. :D Possible HOOTERVILLE afterparty?:devil: Everyone can walk to and from. :) A big group walking down the street shouldn't draw any attention. :D

HOOTER SLED-
08-07-2007, 04:03 AM
Is this a spinoff of their taco joint?

HOOTER SLED-
08-07-2007, 04:06 AM
Chronic Taco is the shizzz. My favorite one is the one in HB. Its real low key, with tv's, pool tables and a bar. The one in Newport has about 4 seats and you can almost always expect a long line.
They have a really cool bar called the Chronic Cantina at Triangle Square. If you like nightlife, Id say its a real cool place to chill.
IMO...Wahoos is awesome, but aint got nuttin on Chronic.:D
The best place in that area for good Mexican food would be Taco Mesa.. tasty and healthy.
It's hard to tell what is going to be built yet. I just saw a banner on a fence. The empty space at that corner is pretty big. If they were smart, they would be building a decent size joint there. It's a prime spot and centrally located. Lotsa peeps and homes surrounding.

NOTALENT
08-07-2007, 05:09 AM
They are definatley bomb tacos! The one in HB is 2 streets over from me! :D

HOOTER SLED-
08-08-2007, 07:35 PM
They are definatley bomb tacos! The one in HB is 2 streets over from me! :D
Cool. Gonna be checking them out. :)

THOR
08-08-2007, 07:53 PM
Cool. Gonna be checking them out. :)
You live in HB Hootersled?

bohica
08-08-2007, 08:31 PM
My buddy who sometimes posts on this board as OCStoker opened one up in the city of Orange. I haven't had a chance to get over there yet, but it's supposed to be great.:)

Windy
08-08-2007, 08:43 PM
I miss Chronic Tacos. :(

Phat Matt
08-08-2007, 09:00 PM
Is this a spinoff of their taco joint?
Yes. It's a sports bar.

Havasu Doug
08-08-2007, 09:53 PM
We have a fairly new one in Corona del Mar (Newport Beach) on Coast Highway. I've been there once. The food was great, but the service wasn't. :( I got into an argument with the guy over what I ordered. :mad:

a catered life
08-09-2007, 06:33 AM
Pretty bomb tacos...
they got one a new one in palmdale....maybe i take the kids

chub
08-09-2007, 06:48 AM
My buddy who sometimes posts on this board as OCStoker opened one up in the city of Orange. I haven't had a chance to get over there yet, but it's supposed to be great.:)
You need to get out more!
call me asap Dad's in trouble!
Eat there and enjoy, great food and atmosphere.
Look for a new one on Ocean in LBC Mainevent, or your in HB now?
No I'm not an owner!!!!!!!

stoker
08-09-2007, 07:09 AM
We just opened one in Orange (Chapman & Newport) across from Santiago college. WE will be opening another in Belmont Shores (37th Place & Ocean) in October. Just a little info.... we don't use lard or Preservatives and all our food is fresh, never frozen. :)

a catered life
08-09-2007, 07:39 AM
We just opened one in Orange (Chapman & Newport) across from Santiago college. WE will be opening another in Belmont Shores (37th Place & Ocean) in October. Just a little info.... we don't use lard or Preservatives and all our food is fresh, never frozen. :)
since i have never been there would you say your product and preperation compares to the likes of baja fresh and sharkys:confused:

jdogginla
08-09-2007, 08:06 AM
they got one a new one in palmdale....maybe i take the kids
You sure about that? I talked to them about franchising about a month ago and they said they didn't have anything in North LA County yet. Hmmm? Good Food, Great Prices and the people I've talked sound like good guys.

Nord
08-09-2007, 08:31 AM
So there is one opening up in Corona?? Where at?

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
08-09-2007, 08:32 AM
There is one in San Clemente off Pico. The food is killer and there is always a line....

HOOTER SLED-
08-09-2007, 09:57 AM
So there is one opening up in Corona?? Where at?
MRS HERE................:D
Off the corner of Main and Ontario.........

Nord
08-09-2007, 10:16 AM
SWEET!!!

a catered life
08-09-2007, 10:19 AM
You sure about that? I talked to them about franchising about a month ago and they said they didn't have anything in North LA County yet. Hmmm? Good Food, Great Prices and the people I've talked sound like good guys.
better go by and check this place out:confused: . i could be wrong...its a new construction area and lots of new stores up there:D

79 HUSTLER
08-09-2007, 10:40 AM
Yes, just off the freeway at Ave P/Rancho Vista Blvd. You can se it from the 14fwy nb on the eastside..
Was not very impressed with it but heading there for lunch today to try again.

HOOTER SLED-
08-09-2007, 02:46 PM
You live in HB Hootersled?
Nope....Corona.

Cole Trickle
08-09-2007, 02:52 PM
He will never take you.takes way to much gas to roll across the street...lol:D :eek: ;)

stoker
08-09-2007, 03:17 PM
since i have never been there would you say your product and preperation compares to the likes of baja fresh and sharkys:confused:
I have never been to Sharkys. We have been compared to Subway as far as how your order is made. You place your order and you are asked what it is you would like on it. It ranges from onions, salsa, cheese guac, lettuce etc. Give us a try, if you don't like it I will personally refund you your money. :D

voodoomedman
08-09-2007, 03:21 PM
I have never been to Sharkys. We have been compared to Subway as far as how your order is made. You place your order and you are asked what it is you would like on it. It ranges from onions, salsa, cheese guac, lettuce etc. Give us a try, if you don't like it I will personally refund you your money. :D
I just spent $100,000 there today and I didn't like it. When can I pick up my check? :D

stoker
08-09-2007, 03:25 PM
I just spent $100,000 there today and I didn't like it. When can I pick up my check? :D
It's in the mail. :)

bohica
08-09-2007, 03:32 PM
Stoker, you guys get your alcohol license yet or you still sneaking beers out of the back of the truck.:D

stoker
08-09-2007, 03:37 PM
Stoker, you guys get your alcohol license yet or you still sneaking beers out of the back of the truck.:D
You should have been there for the private grand opening. Drinks flowing big time. We cannot get a full liquor license because of the Cantina but we are in the process of getting a beer and whine. Let me know when you are going to pay us a visit, I will be sure to have some colds ones stashed.;)

1manshow
08-09-2007, 07:41 PM
On Central north of the 10. The old Cellar building.
Is a guy by the name of Scott Shaller a partner in this new location?1manshow

HOOTER SLED-
08-09-2007, 07:46 PM
He will never take you.takes way to much gas to roll across the street...lol:D :eek: ;)
Bitch....I'll roll the fiddy with Mrs. HOOTS on the handle bars. :devil:

WUTWZAT
08-09-2007, 07:48 PM
This place will be walking distance from my house. :)
I'd love to have Tacos by my mailbox! :D

HalletDave
08-10-2007, 07:11 AM
Originally Posted by jdogginla
Yes, just off the freeway at Ave P/Rancho Vista Blvd. You can se it from the 14fwy nb on the eastside..
Was not very impressed with it but heading there for lunch today to try again.
There is a Chronic Taco in front of Costco in Lancaster.
I have not eaten there yet. :idea: Maybe this weekend.:D