PDA

View Full Version : Dear BoatCop

sdpm
08-06-2007, 09:02 PM
I just watched a show from Havasu at spring break and what you and your partners have to go through. I don't know how you guys and gals do it. That wasn't a pleasant sight. It must get old. I wouldn't want your job for nothing! You guys have way too much patience!!;)

vee-driven
08-06-2007, 09:19 PM
I watched the show, cruising around on the water all day in that nice cat on the governments dime lookin at hot bitches, roustin dumb asses, where do i sign up, i would almost do it for free. For the sake of arguement i know there is more to it than that.

socalmoney
08-06-2007, 09:20 PM
Glad I saw this post. I have my DVR set up to record that at 0100.

Boatcop
08-07-2007, 05:42 AM
I watched the show, cruising around on the water all day in that nice cat on the governments dime lookin at hot bitches, roustin dumb asses, where do i sign up, i would almost do it for free. For the sake of arguement i know there is more to it than that.
That Cat was donated to the SBCSO by Conquest. This is the hardest job in Law Enforcement. "Cruising" in 120 degree heat, no AC, in the sun, clothed. Can't take a dip. Dealing with people who think it's their right to be an idiot on the water, and picking up the bodies that are left by those idiots.
Yeah. It's a piece of cake. :rolleyes:

Tequila-John
08-07-2007, 07:06 AM
That Cat was donated to the SBCSO by Conquest. This is the hardest job in Law Enforcement. "Cruising" in 120 degree heat, no AC, in the sun, clothed. Can't take a dip. Dealing with people who think it's their right to be an idiot on the water, and picking up the bodies that are left by those idiots.
Well said my friend

HotRod82
08-07-2007, 07:47 AM
I would shoot at least 3 of those idiots my first day on the job.....

dunaholic
08-07-2007, 08:58 AM
GMT or Zulu :confused:
Aren't GMT and Zulu the same?

Baja Big Dog
08-07-2007, 09:24 AM
Aren't GMT and Zulu the same?
Not in Canada AH!!!:D

Havasu Hangin'
08-07-2007, 09:28 AM
"Cruising" in 120 degree heat, no AC, in the sun, clothed. Can't take a dip.
Good thing you can power down a few beers to keep hydrated...lol.

catman-do
08-07-2007, 09:32 AM
The upside is when you confiscate beers from the underage drinkers! You save money on your grocery bills.

cxr133
08-07-2007, 09:47 AM
im just askin' if i can remove my life vest now that we are in a stationary position...
ummm........... that guy needs an asswhoopin!!!
he was probably a different person though when he sobered up.

uvindex
08-07-2007, 09:51 AM
Aren't GMT and Zulu the same?Yes indeed. :) (My dad was a B-17 navigator in WWII and that's one of the many things he's taught me over the years...)

RiverToysJas
08-10-2007, 05:54 PM
Good thing you can power down a few beers to keep hydrated...lol.
"Confiscated" beers no less!!! ;)
RTJas :D

Kyote
08-10-2007, 06:04 PM
Geez Alan, how do you 'Check the Prop'?
Just a little humor there. I appreciate all that you and your fellow officers do. I cannot even imagine rolling on some of the calls that you must deal with.
Thank you for taking good care of us.

fuzz
08-10-2007, 06:17 PM
hey what channel? i wanna watch it...

sunsoaker8
08-10-2007, 07:50 PM
It's on Court Tv. Wet and Wild....Party Police

dunaholic
08-10-2007, 09:16 PM
All depends who you are talking to. Which one do you call out, when talking with the atc? :)
besides, who really cares what time it is ...
I don't call out any time when I am talking to ATC. I do however have to file a flight plan with flight service in Zulu (or GMT).

DeathFlightMedic
08-10-2007, 09:25 PM
They are filming a new episode right now, I was told it will air on cout tv in november.
They where in Topock last saturday , that will be interesting to see.
Still, I am so glad thoes people go home afterward!!!!