PDA

View Full Version : The definition of "Idiot" on the road or water?

HighRoller
08-06-2007, 09:17 PM
So many people are throwing out the right or wrong thing. In my opinion, what makes you wrong on the road or water is if you do something that makes another person SEVERELY change course or modify their regular actions. My rule of thumb on the road or water is not to do anything that catches people by surprise. Don't pull out in front of them or swerve into their lane. Likewise on the water I keep a steady speed and keep to my side of the lake/river. Yeah, it's not glamorous like all those triple digit heroes, but it's not gonna get me or my family killed. And it's served me well; Almost a million miles in 8 years on the road in 48 states and over 20 years behind the wheel of a boat and NO ACCIDENTS!
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. So what does everyone else do to prevent accidents?

topless
08-06-2007, 09:47 PM
So many people are throwing out the right or wrong thing. In my opinion, what makes you wrong on the road or water is if you do something that makes another person SEVERELY change course or modify their regular actions. My rule of thumb on the road or water is not to do anything that catches people by surprise. Don't pull out in front of them or swerve into their lane. Likewise on the water I keep a steady speed and keep to my side of the lake/river. Yeah, it's not glamorous like all those triple digit heroes, but it's not gonna get me or my family killed. And it's served me well; Almost a million miles in 8 years on the road in 48 states and over 20 years behind the wheel of a boat and NO ACCIDENTS!
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. So what does everyone else do to prevent accidents?Since you seem to know everything, let me get this straight. Now remember this is just a hypothetical example. Dudley Dooright is traveling at a speed of 65 MPH and you come up behind him at a constant speed of 100. Now you haven't changed your speed but you are in the middle lane and Mr Dooright has been in the carpool lane doing the speed limit. He is attemping to exit the freeway and doesn't realize you are going as fast as you are.You hit him but it's his fault for not being a law breaker???? I'm just trying to understand your retarted post. The original thread BTW was about someone doing 100 MPH when other slower boats were obviously present. Do you really think that a constant speed of 100 is safe at Havasu?
PS... Whoopdeefocindoo on the no accidents. If that is your life's accomplishment, more power to ya.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Now go swing off some nut sacks.

HM
08-06-2007, 09:50 PM
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. So what does everyone else do to prevent accidents?
Aren't you the guy that likes to break check people who flash their high beams at you? :idea: :idea: :idea:

topless
08-06-2007, 11:51 PM
Damn Highroller, how many times I gotta tell ya, when you're done with her ya gotta snuggle for a while and not just holler "now make the bed biotch and lock the door on yer way out". I can see ya pissed this one off again.
I know where you're coming from and that's an accomplishment in this day and age with the traffic and the mentally retarded being issued licenses now. I myself just try and stay out of everyones way and make no sudden moves one way or the other. Most of these fu(ktards don't realize that you can't stop a loaded truck on a dime and by the same token an empty truck doesn't stop either. Most don't even give a thought to anyone else on the road as they are too wrapped up in their own mind at the moment. Driving has become so complacent that they leave their brain behind on the counter when they get into a car. They ought to be leaving their cell phone behind instead.
I drive the 15 to Vegas and back everyday and believe me when I say if I posted the pics I've taken of the idiots on that stretch of highway I'd have 1/3 of our forum members even madder at me than they already are. A lot of peeps talk a good story on line but when they get into a vehicle alls forgotten and hope nobody's in their way.
Nothings gonna change so basically I just don't care anymore as there is nothing I can do about it.
RioI love you.:)

Boatcop
08-07-2007, 05:51 AM
Easy.
Anyone going faster than you is an idiot.
Anyone going slower is a moron.
Now that wasn't too hard, was it?

Pheelin Phroggy
08-07-2007, 05:59 AM
Easy.
lol..... got it, just gotta remember in now... idiots are passing me and i am passing morons!

RitcheyRch
08-07-2007, 07:22 AM
My thoughts as well. :D
Easy.

fatboy95
08-07-2007, 07:52 AM
Easy.
or the ones that pass you going 90 only to swerve in front of you to hit the off ramp missing you by 18 inches. Oh and I almost forgot, they are text messaging on their f---ing cell phone. Those are the ones that need to meet Mr. Mossberg and his 3 inch OO buck family