PDA

View Full Version : Flag Poles

WYRD
08-07-2007, 07:16 AM
Who has flag poles in their boat and what kind of base did you use?
I want to put one on my boat and have seen several different types, they make one that fits in the stern light socket but I am worried about putting stress on that. My boat only goes 60mph and the flag is a 16" X 24" do ya think it would hold up?
Thanks
WYRD

HOOTER SLED-
08-07-2007, 07:24 AM
I have the one that fits in the light socket. No probs.

HOOTER SLED-
08-07-2007, 07:26 AM
Soooooooooooooo, you gonna finally come out of the closet and fly the rainbow flag??? LMAO!!!:D ;) You knew that was coming.

WYRD
08-07-2007, 07:27 AM
I have the one that fits in the light socket. No probs.
yea but I was wondering how it did while actually on the water:D
do you have the one that telescopes?

HOOTER SLED-
08-07-2007, 07:47 AM
yea but I was wondering how it did while actually on the water:D
do you have the one that telescopes?
Yea, like I said, no probs. It just seems like its blowing like a mofo. I think my flag is like 2X4. It's kinda big. It's aluminum. The pole extends and has two clips on it that slide w/screws that go through the grommets of the flag. The base locks in just like a stern light.

WYRD
08-07-2007, 08:23 AM
Yea, like I said, no probs. It just seems like its blowing like a mofo. I think my flag is like 2X4. It's kinda big. It's aluminum. The pole extends and has two clips on it that slide w/screws that go through the grommets of the flag. The base locks in just like a stern light.
Thanks J:)

BOBALOO
08-07-2007, 08:44 AM
Dicudmore (DAN) had this one in his yard last year:D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1634101_1084.JPG
I think Todd969 had something to do with it though.:eek: :D

NashvilleBound
08-07-2007, 09:52 AM
I have always used fiberglass poles. I either pour concrete with anchor bolts of just sink a metal pipe that fits into the fiberglass pole into the ground. Either way the fiberglass pole just slides right over about 4 feet of pipe. Easy install....not permanent.... no rust.
http://www.flags.com/index.php?cPath=8908_8920_8927

Wild Horses
08-07-2007, 10:05 AM
Who has flag poles in their boat and what kind of base did you use?
I want to put one on my boat and have seen several different types, they make one that fits in the stern light socket but I am worried about putting stress on that. My boat only goes 60mph and the flag is a 16" X 24" do ya think it would hold up?
Thanks
WYRD
What did you do, get a supercharger for that thing!! :idea: :idea: LMAO
J/K :D :D

Screemy1
08-07-2007, 10:10 AM
is it for a U S flag???? nothing more patriotic then a HOT BLONDE in a U S pattern two piece swing on a stripper pole... just install a stripper pole.... dual purpose!!!:D

WYRD
08-07-2007, 11:08 AM
I have always used fiberglass poles. I either pour concrete with anchor bolts of just sink a metal pipe that fits into the fiberglass pole into the ground. Either way the fiberglass pole just slides right over about 4 feet of pipe. Easy install....not permanent.... no rust.
http://www.flags.com/index.php?cPath=8908_8920_8927
not so sure I want a concrete footing in my boat:eek: thanks though:D

WYRD
08-07-2007, 11:08 AM
is it for a U S flag???? nothing more patriotic then a HOT BLONDE in a U S pattern two piece swing on a stripper pole... just install a stripper pole.... dual purpose!!!:D
Is there any other kind of flag:confused: ;)

WYRD
08-07-2007, 11:10 AM
What did you do, get a supercharger for that thing!! :idea: :idea: LMAO
J/K :D :D
Wonder who will get better gas $$$$ in Powell:eek: :D
(she may be slow but at least she'll go)