PDA

View Full Version : Side Job

cc322
02-20-2006, 07:52 PM
As some may know I have a side business, Clear-Outlook Window Cleaning most of my customers are on the high end of homes We also do
construction clean up of windows. Today I was doing a job for a customer and landed three other jobs in the same track.The funny thing is the first customer that I was giving the bid to told me that she had called a couple other WC's and no one ever showed up. Is this the normal in all kind of trades now days. I remember having the same results when we needed concrete a few months ago, the first guy to show up got the job. I guess in the service world the early bird gets the worm in my case the windows :rollside:

doesitfloat?
02-20-2006, 08:07 PM
As some may know I have a side business, Clear-Outlook Window Cleaning most of my customers are on the high end of homes We also do
construction clean up of windows. Today I was doing a job for a customer and landed three other jobs in the same track.The funny thing is the first customer that I was giving the bid to told me that she had called a couple other WC's and no one ever showed up. Is this the normal in all kind of trades now days. I remember having the same results when we needed concrete a few months ago, the first guy to show up got the job. I guess in the service world the early bird gets the worm in my case the windows :rollside:
YES! There is so much work out there right now, I have to beg subs to do work for me (and just getting a bid is damn near impossible).

cc322
02-20-2006, 08:24 PM
I guess get it while the gettins good. In my business we try to build a customer on a quarterly cleaning schedule. Kinda like when I use to do Auto detailing every three to six months.

YeLLowBoaT
02-20-2006, 08:28 PM
I keep hearing this from a lot of ppl...."no one returns calls..." "don't show up"
I really wonder what the deal is... it can't be that there is too MUCH work.... I am lucky if I get 3 calls a week. Thats with a add in the paper.... Only about 5% of the work I do is new costmers... every thing else is repeat.

doesitfloat?
02-20-2006, 08:33 PM
I keep hearing this from a lot of ppl...."no one returns calls..." "don't show up"
I really wonder what the deal is... it can't be that there is too MUCH work.... I am lucky if I get 3 calls a week. Thats with a add in the paper.... Only about 5% of the work I do is new costmers... every thing else is repeat.
I think that there is. People are building homes, remodeling homes, businesses, etc. like crazy. Everybody's pulling out equity and/or getting interest only loans and spending, spending, spending. All subs and GC's are swamped (unless they don't want to be). Been like this for 5 years.
I agree, I am trying to build a "core" group of customers that will stick with me if/when the economy slows down (and it will sooner or later).

Man-de-lone
02-20-2006, 08:45 PM
Even worse are the guys who show up to meet and take info, then never even send an estimate.... :yuk:

cc322
02-20-2006, 09:03 PM
Even worse are the guys who show up to meet and take info, then never even send an estimate.... :yuk:
This has happend to me more then once.

THATJEFFGUY
02-20-2006, 10:09 PM
I'm having the same f'n problem !! Getting someone to show up to do work or even give an estimate is like pulling teeth...it sucks ! That's why I try to to give as much work as I can to others on the boards. I'm sick of getting stood up at my properties. No one wants to work anymore :yuk: