PDA

View Full Version : Barry Bonds in the sh*t

brad22
08-07-2007, 10:01 PM
typo ^ "Barry Bonds is the shit" ;)
Congratulations to Barry Bonds. I am very proud to have the home run king on my home team. :)
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q51/ba22andy/fc6bd4fa.jpg
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q51/ba22andy/ffdda1ca.jpg http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q51/ba22andy/7765ff41.jpg

moneypit
08-07-2007, 10:03 PM
He will get what he deserves. Second place when Alex pass's him up...:devil:

Rexone
08-07-2007, 10:04 PM
I'm glad you have him on your home team too. ;)

Nord
08-07-2007, 10:06 PM
I don't believe he will ever make it in the hall of fame........

djunkie
08-07-2007, 10:06 PM
I'm glad you have him on your home team too. ;)
Yup!!!!!!!!!!:D :D

selfmade
08-07-2007, 10:07 PM
Very cool to see a piece of history live on T.V. No matter what everyone says about steroids they don't make you hit the ball.

djunkie
08-07-2007, 10:08 PM
He will. Cause if he doesn't it will turn into a racial deal and get Jesse Jackson and the other racist bastards involved till they do let him in. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Nord
08-07-2007, 10:10 PM
He will. Cause if he doesn't it will turn into a racial deal and get Jesse Jackson and the other racist bastards involved till they do let him in. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Not if Valco (sp?) rains on his parade he won't.........

Nord
08-07-2007, 10:16 PM
barriod is probably sitting in is roided out jacuzzi spa soaking his roided up body ........... take about 300 roided out hr's away and he's back to human status :sqeyes:
Oh is that right Deano........so its ok that he used steroids then.....??? Is that what your saying....huh...?? Huh????:D :D :D
This might be the first season I don't see you btw...........are you going out Labor Day??

moneypit
08-07-2007, 10:25 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/84barry.jpg

JetBoatRich
08-07-2007, 10:30 PM
still takes skill to hit the ball:rolleyes:

acatitude
08-07-2007, 10:32 PM
steriods or not he is arguably the best modern day baseball player there is... we will wait till Arod is 40+ to see if he is the best....and I wonder how many of them pitchers that served up some HR shots were on the riods? wouldn't that even it out??
surely not condoning him if he is ever found guilty of using the riods, but ya know he aint havin dog fights, getting arrested for shootin people or guns off and never arrested for beatin his wife or drunk drivin etc.. like a lot of these other guys.....

djunkie
08-07-2007, 10:33 PM
still takes skill to hit the ball:rolleyes:
Of course it does. I could care less about his steroid use. Plain and simple the guy is an asshole. Treat fans like shit and is antisocial to everyone. Hell he doesn't even talk to his teammates. The guy is arrogant and self centered and IMO gives baseball a bad name.........................

Nord
08-07-2007, 10:35 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/84barry.jpg
LMAO!!!!!
By far your best post.............:D :D

acatitude
08-07-2007, 10:40 PM
Of course it does. I could care less about his steroid use. Plain and simple the guy is an asshole. Treat fans like shit and is antisocial to everyone. Hell he doesn't even talk to his teammates. The guy is arrogant and self centered and IMO gives baseball a bad name.........................
I agree that he seems to be an asshole to everyone, but I doubt he gets paid extra to be nice to anyone. he gets paid to hit homeruns..there is way to much emphasis on sports figures being someone for kids to look up to... maybe when I was a kid, but today I dont think so....... believe me I'm not stickin up for Bonds, but just based on baseball, I would say bonds is the greatest statistical person to ever play baseball...... now that should open the flood gates:rolleyes: not even Ruth or dimaggio can match Bonds all around stats....Yea I also think Pete Rose should be in the hall also

TOBTEK
08-07-2007, 10:42 PM
BINGO!

djunkie
08-07-2007, 10:45 PM
I agree that he seems to be an asshole to everyone, but I doubt he gets paid extra to be nice to anyone. he gets paid to hit homeruns..there is way to much emphasis on sports figures being someone for kids to look up to... maybe when I was a kid, but today I dont think so....... believe me I'm not stickin up for Bonds, but just based on baseball, I would say bonds is the greatest statistical person to ever play baseball...... now that should open the flood gates:rolleyes: not even Ruth or dimaggio can match Bonds all around stats....Yea I also think Pete Rose should be in the hall also
I agree with most of this except of the fact about the role model comment. IMO sports players are huge role models. When this guy is interviewed he is usually whining and complaining. What kid wants to see that? Hell, what adult does?

acatitude
08-07-2007, 10:49 PM
I guess what I meant was they may be roll models still, but it seems more and more kids these days don't play sports or care about watching them as much as I did when a kid.. I think the % is a lot less these days because kids just seem to want to sit in there friggin room and play on the puter...

Nord
08-07-2007, 10:59 PM
I guess what I meant was they may be roll models still, but it seems more and more kids these days don't play sports or care about watching them as much as I did when a kid.. I think the % is a lot less these days because kids just seem to want to sit in there friggin room and play on the puter...
Wonder where they learn that from????:idea: :) :D

DILLIGAF
08-07-2007, 10:59 PM
Nord....It pains me to say this to you because you are a good guy and all that but............
You have no idea what you are talking about. He is a shoo in without a doubt...

acatitude
08-07-2007, 11:00 PM
LOL I was thinkin that as I wrote it :rolleyes:

Cas
08-07-2007, 11:01 PM
what are your personal experiences with him?
I've met Barry and his Mom and Dad away from the baseball field. For a prominent figure, he was as nice as can be. We weren't talking baseball and there weren't any reporters in his face asking stupid f*cking questions. Just because he refused an interview with one of those reporters a few years ago, he's gotten a lot of sh*t for it.
One thing I totally agree with him on, why does he need to talk about his profession on his off time? Do you sit and talk about yours constantly when you're out on the water for the weekend? I know I don't.
I'm hoping he plays at least another year and hits #800.

jbone
08-07-2007, 11:03 PM
Let players hit with aluminum bats and you will crush the season and all time home run records. You still have to hit the ball right???
The fact is steroids allow you to hit wat you do hit a lot farther, like an aluminum bat would do.
I think the record should be in the books like this 756*
*accused of steroid use
J

Nord
08-07-2007, 11:06 PM
Nord....It pains me to say this to you because you are a good guy and all that but............
You have no idea what you are talking about. He is a shoo in without a doubt...
Yeah.............
Your telling me if he is convicted of steroid use, he will not have his membership revoked??

Cas
08-07-2007, 11:06 PM
oh yea, as far as the fan thing, when he owned a Bagel Shop in San Carlos, he was always approachable. He was more than happy to sign 5x8 pictures he had there and pass them to the people. All my kids have a few signed items by him.

DILLIGAF
08-07-2007, 11:12 PM
Yeah.............
Your telling me if he is convicted of steroid use, he will not have his membership revoked??
Nope......He will get in

Cas
08-07-2007, 11:13 PM
I'm curious as to when he ever tested positive for steroids?

acatitude
08-07-2007, 11:22 PM
Glad you had a positive experience with him Cas, but lets use some common sense here.... I don't think all those people reporters sportcasters and teamates are wrong about his attitude... And the grand jury doesnt normally waste a lot of time without some pretty good evidence. being a high profile person everything I admit gets magnified more then it probably is or is always fair, but I think there is to much against him regardless of the outcome,,,, and OJ didnt kill his wife either, right??

Cas
08-07-2007, 11:37 PM
so if there's so much evidence against him then why he they pressed charges and made an arrest?
Speaking of which, he isn't being investigated for using steriods as there weren't any rules against it just like there weren't any rules about many other drugs in the past. They are investigating the possibility he lied to the Grand Jury.
The whole steroid thing goes a lot deeper than any of us will ever know. I'm pretty sure that given lower attendence in the years after the strike, they kept their mouths shut about many things. They meaning the Commisioner and many other powers at be. Steroids arguably made the sport more interesting in many aspects and to be sure, Barry was nowhere near the only one. The difference is because of him being perceived as an asshole, he's the one getting attacked.
btw Ken, I have hardly ever heard you talk about your profession. How about starting a thread where you can answer questions about it for a couple hours a day? ;)

acatitude
08-07-2007, 11:48 PM
Damn Steve, we got your blood pumpin stickin up for Bonds..... :) Thats good for your heart and im not totally disagreeing with you although you skipped the OJ part of the question..... Im retired so I guess I have no profession to talk about, lol;) .............again not saying he is obligated too talk, but If I was makin 10 million a year or whatever it is Id be happy to give a couple hours a day to whoever wanted to talk...... Ya think;)

HavasuSelect
08-07-2007, 11:56 PM
Very cool to see a piece of history live on T.V. No matter what everyone says about steroids they don't make you hit the ball.
You're right they don't make you hit the ball.....but they make you hit the ball 5,10,20 feet further then you would have without them.
Imagine if every warning track shot was a H.R.
Not to mention the guy peaked in his late 30's when most other players are already on their way out.

v-drive
08-08-2007, 02:57 AM
I don't like Bonds (attitude) but that's just me. I don't think he has taken any steroids atleast for a couple of years. He is still hitting that ball like nothing so the man is good, I will give him that. I don't think he should be allowed in the hall of fame just because of the steroids. He will of course get in because of Jesse and Al like someone else has said...v-drive

Dan Lorenze
08-08-2007, 02:58 AM
Yep! :)

shueman
08-08-2007, 04:15 AM
Heck with the record...who got the ball, and what's it's future value...:confused: :D

duner21
08-08-2007, 05:27 AM
Heck with the record...who got the ball, and what's it's future value...:confused: :D
A kid from new york got it. I cannot believe the san fran fans let that happen lol. He even had a new york yankees jersey on. He was just there for a night on his way to austrailia. They say the ball is worth 400k to 500k!

AZJD
08-08-2007, 05:39 AM
Right? A-Rod should break this in 5 years if he stays on pace. That is crazy.....

Gman
08-08-2007, 06:02 AM
WOW...........It's amazing how many people know so little about the game of baseball!
#1 Originally Posted by jbone
Really jbone?? So does the record book look like this (715*)? Because as we all know Babe Ruth played when African Americans were not aloud to! He hit all those HR'S against white men. Maybe he was just a good white player?
#2 Originally Posted by djunkie
Last time I checked Ty Cobb was in the Hall of Fame and he was the biggest racist, SOB, a-hole to ever play the game! The Hall is made for great ball players not great people. All that matters should be what you do on the field. Some day Pete Rose will be allowed in (as he sholud be). Keep it between the white lines.
#3 Originally Posted by Nord
First time ballot Hall of Famer no doubt about it. He was a Hall of Famer before the steroids allegations even started to come up. Do you realize in the history of the game no player has ever had even close to 400 hr and 400 sb in there career and Barry has over 500 in both categories?
Baseball is a game of stats, and all those stats are acomplished in different era's. Field sizes have changed, mound heights have changed, baseballs have changed, the game evolves just as lifes evolves.
As for Barry Bonds...........I love Barry, always have. Followed him in college at Arizona State. He is hands down one of the top 5 to ever play the game.
Not sure if he took steroids and he probably did take them. But at the time it was not illegal to do so and he was never caught!
Now having said that...Yes steroids do help you hit the ball. They have did studies and have determined that steroids help you see the ball better. They help strengthen your eyes. Batting averages for people have gone way up. Barry was a career .298 hitter and then started putting up .370 seasons. Again though it was not illegal. If you have ever played the game at any level you know there is always some one right behind you ready to take your spot as soon as you falter. If some one came up to my desk right now and told me " Garey, there is guy in the next office who is making millions of dollars more than you and all you have to do is take this little pill every day and you will surpass him in every aspect of your job" " and oh yeah it's not illegal either" I would jump all over that pill!
Through the history of the game guys have did what ever it takes to get a leg up in the game. Either corking bats, smudging the ball, taking things that speed up the game or slow it down (coke, mary jane,etc), stealing signs, food poising the other teams star player, altering equipment, etc, etc! The game is what is and that my friends is the good old american pastime!
And it is true...A-Rod might break the record.......Or he might just get hurt like Junior and never come close! Enjoy it people you just saw history in the making. Whether or not you like him or not the world has a new Home Run Champion! And he goes by the name of BARRY BONDS!!!:jawdrop:

IMPATIENT 1
08-08-2007, 06:13 AM
he shouldn't, think what'd happened if hank aaron, roger meris, jackie robinson, etc would have done on steriods;) they had god given talent, barry had a good pusher's talent to get him to this point:D

wright27
08-08-2007, 06:25 AM
Could not have said it better myself.

Gman
08-08-2007, 06:33 AM
he shouldn't, think what'd happened if hank aaron, roger meris, jackie robinson, etc would have done on steriods;) they had god given talent, barry had a good pusher's talent to get him to this point:D
Think what Babe Ruth would of did against black players! Or Satchel Paige if he would of been able to play before he was flipping 40! Different era's different game.

Eliminator 4 Life
08-08-2007, 06:34 AM
Congratulations to Barry Bonds. I am very proud to have the home run king on my home team. :)
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q51/ba22andy/ffdda1ca.jpg http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q51/ba22andy/7765ff41.jpg
Im with you on that. I wasnt at last nights game but Im going tonight. I guess I picked the wrong game:mad:

Gman
08-08-2007, 06:34 AM
Could not have said it better myself.
Again what does him being a asshole have to do with playing between the white lines??

Eliminator 4 Life
08-08-2007, 06:35 AM
No matter what he should be in the hall of fame and why wouldnt he?????

Eliminator 4 Life
08-08-2007, 06:43 AM
WOW...........It's amazing how many people know so little about the game of baseball!
#1 Originally Posted by jbone
Really jbone?? So does the record book look like this (715*)? Because as we all know Babe Ruth played when African Americans were not aloud to! He hit all those HR'S against white men. Maybe he was just a good white player?
Last time I checked Ty Cobb was in the Hall of Fame and he was the biggest racist, SOB, a-hole to ever play the game! The Hall is made for great ball players not great people. All that matters should be what you do on the field. Some day Pete Rose will be allowed in (as he sholud be). Keep it between the white lines.
#3 Originally Posted by Nord
First time ballot Hall of Famer no doubt about it. He was a Hall of Famer before the steroids allegations even started to come up. Do you realize in the history of the game no player has ever had even close to 400 hr and 400 sb in there career and Barry has over 500 in both categories?
Baseball is a game of stats, and all those stats are acomplished in different era's. Field sizes have changed, mound heights have changed, baseballs have changed, the game evolves just as lifes evolves.
As for Barry Bonds...........I love Barry, always have. Followed him in college at Arizona State. He is hands down one of the top 5 to ever play the game.
Not sure if he took steroids and he probably did take them. But at the time it was not illegal to do so and he was never caught!
Now having said that...Yes steroids do help you hit the ball. They have did studies and have determined that steroids help you see the ball better. They help strengthen your eyes. Batting averages for people have gone way up. Barry was a career .298 hitter and then started putting up .370 seasons. Again though it was not illegal. If you have ever played the game at any level you know there is always some one right behind you ready to take your spot as soon as you falter. If some one came up to my desk right now and told me " Garey, there is guy in the next office who is making millions of dollars more than you and all you have to do is take this little pill every day and you will surpass him in every aspect of your job" " and oh yeah it's not illegal either" I would jump all over that pill!
Through the history of the game guys have did what ever it takes to get a leg up in the game. Either corking bats, smudging the ball, taking things that speed up the game or slow it down (coke, mary jane,etc), stealing signs, food poising the other teams star player, altering equipment, etc, etc! The game is what is and that my friends is the good old american pastime!
And it is true...A-Rod might break the record.......Or he might just get hurt like Junior and never come close! Enjoy it people you just saw history in the making. Whether or not you like him or not the world has a new Home Run Champion! And he goes by the name of BARRY BONDS!!!:jawdrop:
GMAN well sad. CONGRATULATIONS BARRY

wright27
08-08-2007, 06:49 AM
Again what does him being a asshole have to do with playing between the white lines??
The man can play game great no doubt, but the man is a asshole. A fact is a fact. Some fans like to see great things happen to great people, not cocky assholes, thats all.

Roaddogg 4040
08-08-2007, 06:51 AM
He should go to the Hall of Fame for his stats, not for his personality. It wasn't illegel, nor was he ever caught...
Steve

Flyinbowtie
08-08-2007, 06:52 AM
As has been pointed out, it seems as if every record broken in baseball evokes controversy at the time it happens, or shortly thereafter. Ruth not facing black players, Rose and his betting, etc, with the sole exception of the Hammer and his 755.
Baseball sorta seems to stand alone in this area. Let's face it, baseball and the word "purist" are difficult to merge.
The parks have changed.
The bats have changed.
The balls have obviously changed.
And, the players have changed.
I am indifferent to Bonds, even up here in the hinterland of Giant country. I grew up in SoCal sitting in the cheap seats at the Big "A". I think it is clear that even if Bonds was on the juice during a period when many, many people were, he is an incredible talent who has demonstrated he belongs with the elites. If the long term investigation turns up evidence that leads to an indictment, trial, and conviction for steriod use, then the record book should so reflect. If it doesn't, then exactly when will this go away?
Answer?
Never.
That is the price he is going to pay for being on top of the heap. As for not being nice to the media, frankly, in my dealings with the media, more often than not they couldn't find their collective asses with both hands and a mirror, and have a primadonna attitude that exceeds that of most atheletes I've met. Bonds has had them following him around and checking his trash for 15 years, yet he has stepped up, under incredible pressure and scrutiny, every day and done his job. Lots of folks would have imploded by now under those circumstances.
Atheletes as role models? Well, okay I guess. I really think that job belongs to parents.

westair
08-08-2007, 06:53 AM
He does have good stats but is he a winner? NO
Does he make a team better? NO

Cigalert
08-08-2007, 06:58 AM
I don't think there is a person on these boards that doesn't have a "I remember when" baseball story. I don't think anyone would have any story to tell if every professional baseball player since day one acted like Barry Bonds. The original players had a far better attitude and had far less to go home to. They were part of a team. Not a single talent hoping to get traded for their pocket book....*cough*kengrifeyjr.... (not knocking Jr he's a hell of a role model and was and still somewhat a great athlete) Good for Barry that he saves kittens in trees and gives foot massages to the homeless but unless he's doing it in a Giants uni it's worthless to discuss. When he signed on to play baseball he also signed on to do P.R. for a world renowned sport. He's a poster hung up on the walls of children. Young baseball players try to emulate his swing daily. If you got to choose who your kids admired would you ever choose Barry?
I've personally spent a lot of time defending myself against steriods accusations. I went from 180lbs when I was 18 to now 235lbs. That's 55lbs in 13 years all from working my ass off. Barry Bonds debut May 30 1986. Drafted first round by the Pittsburg Pirates listed at 185lbs. Now he's listed at 228lb. That's 43lbs in 19 years. I've had long converstions with and lifted with Danny Herrera (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Herrera_(strongman)) (Danny is the dad of the guy who made the bowtie in my sig). Danny is a powerlifter that holds all kinds of natural powerlifting records at 60 years old and has told me he really didn't get big or strong until 45-50 years old. I've had lengthy discussions regarding steriods with some current and past professional baseball and football players. The argument still goes round and round. Some people say steriods give you a great platform to build from but only if you use for a little bit, some swear they've never used it and I've had a few friends go Lyle Alzado and die from liver damage, stacking everything under the sun. Did Barry use and is he still using? Perhaps it forever be unknown. Does his attitude and reactions towards teamates and fans emit guilt? Absolutely.
No matter how you cut it Barry will be loved and hated all for the same reason. But I think there needs to be a certain appreciation for being given a 1 in a million chance to play baseball professionally and he should show that appreciation daily. There's no crying in baseball.

TRUMP TIGHT
08-08-2007, 07:00 AM
No, he is not IN the sh*t....He IS the sh*t!!!!!!!!

shippingguy
08-08-2007, 07:04 AM
I am not a Barry Bonds fan whatsoever,but give credit where credit is deserved. I have been around the game for a while and at the professional level as a player. It is funny how there are so many SO CALLED EXPERTS here on these boards that really base there thinking off of what they here in the media. I personally never met Barry, but have many buddies that have and have played with and against him and yes some say he is an ass, but for the most part he is a good guy!
Funny thing about the steroids is that eveyone is jumping on Barry Bonds about it, but have any of you experts thought about what the % in MLB has or is on a perfromance enhancing drug?? Barry is in the lime light and of course the attention is on him. Another funny thing is that Clay Hensley the pitcher who gave up #755 well lets just say he was suspended for, huh, a performance enhancing usage!!
Steroids did not help Barry or any other player hit the ball one thing they do is help recovery time from injuries and fatigue.
Whether Barry took roids or not those home runs would have still went over the fence. It only takes 1 inch to get over the fence to be a home run.
Let's just say that if they tested every player in the major AND the minor leagues for steroids or some other form of illegal performance enhancing drugs the #'s would be surprising and I would bet the house that some of your favorite players that you all love and adore and respect would be on the list:D
CONGRATS BARRY!!!!(Again, I AM NOT a Barry Bonds FAN!!)
Mike

THOR
08-08-2007, 07:31 AM
steriods or not he is arguably the best modern day baseball player there is...
Not true. He is the best HR hitter now. He isnt even in the top 25 for the best players.

THOR
08-08-2007, 07:34 AM
Steroids did not help Barry or any other player hit the ball one thing they do is help recovery time from injuries and fatigue.
Whether Barry took roids or not those home runs would have still went over the fence. It only takes 1 inch to get over the fence to be a home run.
Mike
You are absolutely right Mike. But, Barry would not have been playing for so many years if it had been for the juice. The recovery time and lack of injuries is what has kept Barry in this for so long. No juice and Barry would have been retired for 10 years by now. That mother f'er can put the bat on the ball though.

Cas
08-08-2007, 07:36 AM
hell, 90% of the reporters are on one type of drug or another. All they're doing is trying to take the spotlight off their addictions. Ok, I pulled that number out of my ass but you know many of those guys are taking something.
Willie Mays was banned from baseball for a time because of some gambling ties, he was a greeter at a casino along with Mickey Mantle. Oh the horror!
hey Ken, OJ didn't do it according to 12 of his peers but you've got to give him credit, he's still looking for the person that did :D

shippingguy
08-08-2007, 07:38 AM
You are absolutely right Mike. But, Barry would not have been playing for so many years if it had been for the juice. The recovery time and lack of injuries is what has kept Barry in this for so long. No juice and Barry would have been retired for 10 years by now. That mother f'er can put the bat on the ball though.
Maybe, but that is an assumption. We will never know. Realize one thing as well. Once off a cycle of roids your are PRONE to injury and the inuries are even worse due to the tightness of your muscles. For instance a normally pulled hamstring could actually be a tear requiring surgery. This could go both ways.
Mike

Baja Big Dog
08-08-2007, 07:50 AM
A fricken men!!!!!
A true douche bag....:mad:

Baja Big Dog
08-08-2007, 07:54 AM
It is an insult to compare Bonds to the best "old shcool" players...it was said before
Ruth did it on beer and hot dogs, what records whould he have set with some juice??

THOR
08-08-2007, 07:56 AM
Maybe, but that is an assumption. We will never know. Realize one thing as well. Once off a cycle of roids your are PRONE to injury and the inuries are even worse due to the tightness of your muscles. For instance a normally pulled hamstring could actually be a tear requiring surgery. This could go both ways.
Mike
How would you know? ;)

shippingguy
08-08-2007, 08:02 AM
How would you know? ;)
I will not say I never thought about it, BUT I NEVER DID!! Maybe that is why I am here on Hot Boat and not still playing:) :D
Mike

Baja Big Dog
08-08-2007, 08:05 AM
what are your personal experiences with him?
I've met Barry and his Mom and Dad away from the baseball field. For a prominent figure, he was as nice as can be. We weren't talking baseball and there weren't any reporters in his face asking stupid f*cking questions. Just because he refused an interview with one of those reporters a few years ago, he's gotten a lot of sh*t for it.
One thing I totally agree with him on, why does he need to talk about his profession on his off time? Do you sit and talk about yours constantly when you're out on the water for the weekend? I know I don't.
I'm hoping he plays at least another year and hits #800.
Yes, if my boss calls me up and wants to talk about work, I talk, and yes I consider myself Barry Bonds boss, I pay is salary.
hell, 90% of the reporters are on one type of drug or another. All they're doing is trying to take the spotlight off their addictions. Ok, I pulled that number out of my ass but you know many of those guys are taking something.
Willie Mays was banned from baseball for a time because of some gambling ties, he was a greeter at a casino along with Mickey Mantle. Oh the horror!
hey Ken, OJ didn't do it according to 12 of his peers but you've got to give him credit, he's still looking for the person that did :D
Reporter on drugs, if that's why the asshole wont talk to them why doesn't he say so, it would take a lot of the pressure off of him.....
And OJ is as innocent of murder and Bonds is of not using roids!!!

WET HULL
08-08-2007, 08:05 AM
I say congrats to Bonds. Is it fair to say that maybe the players of the past were not so innocent. If todays players are trying to get that edge, I would have to believe they were way back then. In the old days nothing was illegal or even questioned. You dont have to be a huge muscle guy to be on roids. Look at the bike riders, runners, swimmers, people like that. Has anyone ever asked? Makes you wonder.

Dave C
08-08-2007, 08:07 AM
Ken, This is the grand jury from San Francisco :) .... bunch of frisco nutjobs..... they do some strange things... they indict everyone for everything under the sun. (except for real crime like drug dealing and murder ) :mad:
remember the grand jury indicted the chief of police and all his deputies in the fajita-gate case.... they eventually had to drop all the charges. Why. publicity.:devil:
BTW IMHO Bonds gets a bad rap from the press because he is a dick to the press because they are dicks to him. But not to his fans... :D
... And the grand jury doesnt normally waste a lot of time without some pretty good evidence.

Cas
08-08-2007, 08:17 AM
Yes, if my boss calls me up and wants to talk about work, I talk, and yes I consider myself Barry Bonds boss, I pay is salary.
and he'll talk to you but not the reporters that are looking to make a name for themselves. In his press meeting last night (yes, he had a press meeting at the park after the game), most of the reporters were asking questions about his accomplishment(s) which he answered. Then came a question reffering to Balco and Barry said "There you go asking a negative question, I'm not going to answer it, nest". He shined the guy on and rightly so. I'm pretty sure that guy is going to write a bad article for people will chew on for awhile.

Dave C
08-08-2007, 08:18 AM
besides most of u are hating on Bonds because u are sick and tired of him coming to your home team's house and littering the bleachers with home runs.....:D :devil: :devil: HA HA HA HA!!!:D

Hardly Satisfied
08-08-2007, 08:22 AM
Congrats on the new record, I watched the game last night, It was a shot.

Dave C
08-08-2007, 08:22 AM
exactly.. does anyone ever hear the crap the press unloads on Bonds? They mess with him on purpose to get him fired up. Sometimes they get a reaction out of him. If Bonds looses his cool after getting baited, its make front page news!!:mad: :mad:
I know most of us wouldn't put up with half of what Bonds has to deal with. Most of you guys would tell these press fags to meet you outside for an attitude adjustment.:D
and he'll talk to you but not the reporters that are looking to make a name for themselves. In his press meeting last night (yes, he had a press meeting at the park after the game), most of the reporters were asking questions about his accomplishment(s) which he answered. Then came a question reffering to Balco and Barry said "There you go asking a negative question, I'm not going to answer it, nest". He shined the guy on and rightly so. I'm pretty sure that guy is going to write a bad article for people will chew on for awhile.

River Lynchmob
08-08-2007, 08:24 AM
I hate barry Bonds worse than UCLA but you can't take away the fact that he can flat out play and hit the ball as well as anyone in history. I will give him a little respect for that but I won't congratulate him because I don't think he would congratulate anyone for breaking a milestone. He is a selfish, arrogant, pompus ass whose team mates don't like...what ass demands two lockers and a lazy boy for him to rest his ass in? If he were traded to the Dodgers i would get rid of my season tickets. If A-Rod plays until he is Barry's age (11 more years) he would need to average 25 a year...he has never hit less than 25 a year so it should not be a problem for him to crush Barry's record...fingers crossed.

Cas
08-08-2007, 08:30 AM
I hate barry Bonds worse than UCLA but you can't take away the fact that he can flat out play and hit the ball as well as anyone in history. I will give him a little respect for that but I won't congratulate him because I don't think he would congratulate anyone for breaking a milestone. He is a selfish, arrogant, pompus ass whose team mates don't like...what ass demands two lockers and a lazy boy for him to rest his ass in? If he were traded to the Dodgers i would get rid of my season tickets. If A-Rod plays until he is Barry's age (11 more years) he would need to average 25 a year...he has never hit less than 25 a year so it should not be a problem for him to crush Barry's record...fingers crossed.
Barry apparently has had a lot of contact with A Rod telling him that he would be right there backing him all the way. So I guess the reporter that wrote that must be one of whacked out ones.

Tremor Therapy
08-08-2007, 08:46 AM
Atheletes as role models? Well, okay I guess. I really think that job belongs to parents.
DING, DING, DING....WINNER, WINNER, WINNER!
I always find it absolutley amazing when the week minded say that athletes are role models. Most of them are regular folks just like you and me, with just as many flaws, and in my opinion, most are probably more flawed given the way a lot of athletes are treated as primadonna's on their way through the "system." God knows I wouldn't want to have to deal with the media and fan frenzy just to be a ball player...I guarantee you, I would be more of an assh*le if I had to deal with the crap that popular athletes do!
I am not a Barry fan, but I did play ball when I was young. Hitting a round ball with a round bat is extremely hard. If you don't think so, go f*cking try and hit a ball 400+ feet for a home run there superstar! Did he take steroids, hell, I don't know, nor do I care. Baseball knew about it, thats why they kept their collective mouths shut while Sammy and Mark were bringing the fans back to the game!
The man did the job, and deserves the accolades that come with it. I find it funny how a number of you feel he should not go to the hall because YOU feel he is an assh*le. Well I watched Donald Trump's show a time or two, and he is king of the clan, but no one says he can't be a billionaire.

Cas
08-08-2007, 08:49 AM
OMG, I just realized something! Jordy and Holy Moly must be on roids! Their heads are big and they can respond to posts with lightning speeds. Some even consider them assh0les :D
hey rio, do you have a fat head also? :idea:

shippingguy
08-08-2007, 08:51 AM
[QUOTE=Tremor Therapy;2720695]DING, DING, DING....WINNER, WINNER, WINNER!
I am not a Barry fan, but I did play ball when I was young. Hitting a round ball with a round bat is extremely hard. If you don't think so, go f*cking try and hit a ball 400+ feet for a home run there superstar! Did he take steroids, hell, I don't know, nor do I care. Baseball knew about it, thats why they kept their collective mouths shut while Sammy and Mark were bringing the fans back to the game!
Exactly and for those that fail (which many here will) my next suggestion is go buy some steroids and stick the needle in your a$$ and do a cycle. After that try again. I BET IT DOES NOT GET ANY EASIER:D
Mike

djunkie
08-08-2007, 08:53 AM
I'm sure you are correct. I never said Barry Shouldn't be in the hall of fame. Of course he should be. Like I said before, I could care less about his steroid use. But............. From the image this asshole portays (sp) I will not support him in anything he does. Plain a simple. He is nothing but a piece of dog shit to MOST fans and could really care less about them. I'm not gonna go through and type every example of why I feel this way cause we'd be here all day. Now its great that you've had a good experience him and I congradulate you on your player hitting the mark but I won't congradulate someone I feel is a bad sportsman.

meaniam
08-08-2007, 08:54 AM
the guy is a a$$hole. congrats

djunkie
08-08-2007, 08:59 AM
I always find it absolutley amazing when the week minded say that athletes are role models. Most of them are regular folks just like you and me, with just as many flaws, and in my opinion, most are probably more flawed given the way a lot of athletes are treated as primadonna's on their way through the "system." God knows I wouldn't want to have to deal with the media and fan frenzy just to be a ball player...I guarantee you, I would be more of an assh*le if I had to deal with the crap that popular athletes do!
The man did the job, and deserves the accolades that come with it. I find it funny how a number of you feel he should not go to the hall because YOU feel he is an assh*le. Well I watched Donald Trump's show a time or two, and he is king of the clan, but no one says he can't be a billionaire.
For some part your right but moslty I feel your WRONG!!!!!! Just cause you didn't look up to any ball players growing up doesn't mean that others don't either. When I grew up it was all about sports players. I was lucky enough to have a parents that supported me playing any sport I want. Hell everytime I'd get together with friends we'd all pretend we were our favorite baseball player. Who never dreamed of being Babe Ruth or Hank Aaron as a kid? To say they aren't role models is just plain ignorant. Now I will admit that maybe nowadays they don't play as much of a role but its still there. And unfortunately now the players that are idolized are nothing but self centered, conceited pigs!!!!!!!!!!!

Jbb
08-08-2007, 09:05 AM
I always find it absolutley amazing when the week minded say that athletes are role models.
I find that absolutely amazing....:D :D

Ziggy
08-08-2007, 09:13 AM
To bad for his team those HR's rarely change the outcome of their games. L coloumn game again....LOL

Baja Big Dog
08-08-2007, 09:43 AM
For some part your right but moslty I feel your WRONG!!!!!! Just cause you didn't look up to any ball players growing up doesn't mean that others don't either. When I grew up it was all about sports players. I was lucky enough to have a parents that supported me playing any sport I want. Hell everytime I'd get together with friends we'd all pretend we were our favorite baseball player. Who never dreamed of being Babe Ruth or Hank Aaron as a kid? To say they aren't role models is just plain ignorant. Now I will admit that maybe nowadays they don't play as much of a role but its still there. And unfortunately now the players that are idolized are nothing but self centered, conceited pigs!!!!!!!!!!!
WOW DJ...your batting a hundred today!!!:D

Baja Big Dog
08-08-2007, 09:45 AM
I just saw an interview with Mr Bonds.....
He said "the record is not tainted"..
That clears it up!!!
Im pretty sure that I heard him say under his breath....Im still a douche bag....:mad:

Eliminator 4 Life
08-08-2007, 10:51 AM
You know what cracks me up the most is a guy comes on here post a thread saying Bonds is the shit and he is right now he holds the record its in black and white and you have 10 other guys on here saying he sucks he has no PR skills etc etc. This is Barry Bonds time to shine if you cant be positive and be happy for him go start your own thread bottom line.....................

djunkie
08-08-2007, 11:22 AM
You know what cracks me up the most is a guy comes on here post a thread saying Bonds is the shit and he is right now he holds the record its in black and white and you have 10 other guys on here saying he sucks he has no PR skills etc etc. This is Barry Bonds time to shine if you cant be positive and be happy for him go start your own thread bottom line.....................
Waaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!! :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36695&stc=1&d=1186600920

djunkie
08-08-2007, 11:25 AM
WOW DJ...your batting a hundred today!!!:D
You know the saying "The sun shines on a dogs ass once in a while" or something like that. :D :D

brad22
08-08-2007, 11:26 AM
No, he is not IN the sh*t....He IS the sh*t!!!!!!!!
Yeah I F'd that up. oops :o

Tremor Therapy
08-08-2007, 11:46 AM
Well DJ a couple of responses for ya.
1) I could give a sh*t about Barry #1, my kids could care about him even less, and they are both actively involved in sports. I have just spent many a day trying to teach my kids who and what is important in life.
2) Who said I didn't look up to any athlete or play organized sports when I was young? I spent many a day of my youth either PLAYING organized sports, or pretending to be Joe Namath, Jerry West, Dr. J or Bob Gibson. My dad and mom just kept on my ass about who and what was really important in life.
3) You can throw down the ignorant card any way you please. I am going to do everything I can to keep my kids from idolizing the MTV generation. If you want them to be role models then you let them, I chose to be the role model for my kids. You believe what you want, and then teach your family values based on it.

River Lynchmob
08-08-2007, 11:50 AM
Barry apparently has had a lot of contact with A Rod telling him that he would be right there backing him all the way. So I guess the reporter that wrote that must be one of whacked out ones.
Talk is cheap lets see if the classless ass does what he says, my bet...not a chance

MR HARLEY
08-08-2007, 12:15 PM
I think he may need an ice pak also. ;) :D

Eliminator 4 Life
08-08-2007, 12:20 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36695&stc=1&d=1186600920
No ones crying BIATCH go start your own thread LA LOVERS always hate on the GIANTS

River Lynchmob
08-08-2007, 12:28 PM
No ones crying BIATCH go start your own thread LA LOVERS always hate on the GIANTS
That's because in LA we dont like loosers...look at those Giants they are only 13.5 game back in the cellar :D :D

djunkie
08-08-2007, 12:35 PM
Well DJ a couple of responses for ya.
1) I could give a sh*t about Barry #1, my kids could care about him even less, and they are both actively involved in sports. I have just spent many a day trying to teach my kids who and what is important in life.
2) Who said I didn't look up to any athlete or play organized sports when I was young? I spent many a day of my youth either PLAYING organized sports, or pretending to be Joe Namath, Jerry West, Dr. J or Bob Gibson. My dad and mom just kept on my ass about who and what was really important in life.
3) You can throw down the ignorant card any way you please. I am going to do everything I can to keep my kids from idolizing the MTV generation. If you want them to be role models then you let them, I chose to be the role model for my kids. You believe what you want, and then teach your family values based on it.
I'll try to answer these as best as I can for you.
1. I'm glad your kids could care less about Barry Bonds cause IMO hes a pieceof shit as a person...........
2. Now this is where your a hypocrite. You said in your earlier post that sports players aren't role models yet as a kid you were pretending to be them. :idea: :idea: :idea:
3. I'm glad you are trying to be the main role model in your kids life. Thats the way it should be but you have to remember that not all parents are like you. If I ever have kids I will be the same way but I will try to get them into sports instead of video games and other BS like that. But the fact still remains that they will try and imitate what the see these players do on tv and if they see them being an asshole that will influence them no matter how hard you are on them. Unless you turn them into hermits and lock the in a room their whole life...................:rolleyes:

Baja Big Dog
08-08-2007, 12:38 PM
Wrong..the record is in GRAY and white!!!!

djunkie
08-08-2007, 12:40 PM
Come on Rob. Wheres your sense of sportmanship? News flash for ya bud, not everyone is a Giants fan. Also its an open forum. People WILL disagree with you every once in a while. Geeez. I bet you were that kid that threw his bat and had a temper tantrum when he struck out in Little League. LOL!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

Baja Big Dog
08-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Been to quite a few Dodgers/Giant games, both here and in the gay city...always wore my Dodger blue when in the Giants home, you know like alot of people do, showing their devotion to the team of their choice.
Gotta tell you, the giants fans don't think alot of Dodger fans in their home park. I think its kind of a HATE thing!! It is expected, it is what rivalries create.
He is still a douche bag......

djunkie
08-08-2007, 12:46 PM
Been to quite a few Dodgers/Giant games, both here and in the gay city...always wore my Dodger blue when in the Giants home, you know like alot of people do, showing their devotion to the team of their choice.
Gotta tell you, the giants fans don't think alot of Dodger fans in their home park. I think its kind of a HATE thing!! It is expected, it is what rivalries create.
I think I'll go start a "Go Trojans" thread and when the haters show up I'll tell them to go start their own thread. :jawdrop: :D :D

squirt'nmyload
08-08-2007, 12:56 PM
No juice and Barry would have been retired for 10 years by now.
Julio Franco is 48 years old and still playing....so does this mean he is on steroids too?? :D

Baja Big Dog
08-08-2007, 01:02 PM
I think I'll go start a "Go Trojans" thread and when the haters show up I'll tell them to go start their own thread. :jawdrop: :D :D
Perfect.....:D

River Lynchmob
08-08-2007, 01:08 PM
Now there's a thread I can get behind :D

Lavey5150
08-08-2007, 02:20 PM

Cas
08-08-2007, 02:44 PM
That's because in LA we dont like loosers...look at those Giants they are only 13.5 game back in the cellar :D :D
so which former looser LA team you rooting for? The Raiders or the Rams? :D
oh btw Barry Bashers, I remember when many people thought Muhammad Ali was egotistical, arrogant and an a$$hole for shining people on. He didn't like the idea of all those people wanting a piece of his pie.
Ya think George Foreman was on steroids too? Geez, that guy was huge when he came back and then was able to last 12 rounds.....something he wasn't able to do when he was younger.
well c'ya, I'm off to the mountains for a few days, have fun :)

20" gun's
08-08-2007, 03:53 PM
Lance Armstrong got popped several times. I don't see people throwing him under the bus. Is it because he is so small? He takes the same stuff he just trains different.

Sleek-Jet
08-08-2007, 04:07 PM
Yeah he will... and for baseball's sake I hope they don't put an astrisk on the record... that will just make him a martyr.
If they keep the record legit, no one will be able to look back on this in 30 years and think he was wronged in some way. The man is an ass and hopefully history will treat him as such.

Desert Rat
08-08-2007, 04:27 PM
I put the guy in the same catagory as TO, Randy Moss, Koby and the such... OVER PAID Dick heads and it is why I have pretty much sworn off pro sports all together! And the talk about he gets paid to hit HR's and not be nice to little kids is plain BS. If not for these young kids being interested in sports there will be no next gen to pay the $$ for the seats! I say F them all!:mad:
Oh and he's a friggin JUICER....... (spelled cheater)

River Lynchmob
08-08-2007, 04:37 PM
[QUOTE=Cas;2721461]so which former looser LA team you rooting for? The Raiders or the Rams? :D
Thank god neither...Steelers would be my team :)

brad22
08-08-2007, 06:41 PM
757!!!!!!

so cal D
08-08-2007, 07:44 PM
To Bad After 22 Years He Could Not Even Help His Team Win A World Series That Shows What Type Of Player/person He Is!! Got Juice?

Eliminator 4 Life
08-09-2007, 12:51 AM
Come on Rob. Wheres your sense of sportmanship? News flash for ya bud, not everyone is a Giants fan. Also its an open forum. People WILL disagree with you every once in a while. Geeez. I bet you were that kid that threw his bat and had a temper tantrum when he struck out in Little League. LOL!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D
No I took my shit to the football field and hit people. SECONDLY I just got home from the game tonight can you say757 IN YOUR FACE......

Eliminator 4 Life
08-09-2007, 12:53 AM
Well aint you calling the kettle black....

Baja Big Dog
08-09-2007, 10:45 AM
Well aint you calling the kettle black....
You sayin Im a douche bag....thems fightin words...except your right, Ive never denied it, never will.
But I still hate (I dislike that word) the Giants, started as a young kid in 1965, Juan Marishal pitching against Sandy Kaufax when Juan (yes the douche bag) Marishal attacted Jonny Roseboro in the head with a bat!! As a kid I asked why he was allowed to play another game...no one could answer the question. Later in life I was sickened when he was allowed into the hall of fame, but at least the DOUCHE BAG never won the Cy Young!!
He reminds me of another Giant douche bag.....

SB
08-09-2007, 12:01 PM
This is Barry Bonds time to shine if you cant be positive and be happy for him go start your own thread bottom line.....................
A fair point, people should take this week off from bashing Bonds, and give him a pat on the back.

brad22
08-09-2007, 08:42 PM
A fair point, people should take this week off from bashing Bonds, and give him a pat on the back.
That was the whole reason I started this thread :) Some people need to get over the BS and realize what just went down and take it all in.
(although this is the ***boat forums :rolleyes: :D )

brad22
08-09-2007, 09:16 PM
Oh yeah :D
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q51/ba22andy/191d1c3b.jpg

thatguy
08-09-2007, 09:58 PM
No I took my shit to the football field and hit people. SECONDLY I just got home from the game tonight can you say757*** IN YOUR FACE......
Fixed your post for Ya', Your welcome! ;) ;)

djunkie
08-09-2007, 10:40 PM
Congrats on the homers Barry............Ya piece of shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil: :devil: :devil:

brad22
08-10-2007, 01:05 AM
Congrats on the homers Barry............Ya piece of shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil: :devil: :devil:
Jealous?

Familycat
08-10-2007, 06:17 AM
Went to the game on Tuesday. A great piece of history.
Rick

Baja Big Dog
08-10-2007, 06:37 AM
Ill save my "pats on the back" as you say it for the real hero's that will break Bonds record in the next few years.
A pat on the back...yea right with a hypodermic!!
Ef theres such a thing as Penis reduction, bonds would have no head!!!:D

Eliminator 4 Life
08-10-2007, 07:18 AM
Somone else calling the kettle black............

Eliminator 4 Life
08-10-2007, 07:19 AM
Ill save my "pats on the back" as you say it for the real hero's that will break Bonds record in the next few years.
A pat on the back...yea right with a hypodermic!!
Ir there such a thing as Penis reduction, bonds would have no head!!!:D
Is there such a thing as a spell checker????

River Lynchmob
08-10-2007, 07:58 AM
If he was deserving of a pat on the back everyone would give him one. The majority opinion on here is he is a "douche bag" great player but a douche bag none the less.

Baja Big Dog
08-10-2007, 08:03 AM
Is there such a thing as a spell checker????
Its not a seceret, I rode the short bus, thanks for pointing that out, I fixed it...:eek:

djunkie
08-10-2007, 09:50 AM
Jealous?
Of what?

djunkie
08-10-2007, 09:51 AM
Somone else calling the kettle black............
WTF are you talking about? I take it you didn't catch on to my sarcasm. I will never support anything this asshole does.