PDA

View Full Version : Yes, VERIZON SUCKS AZZ

C-2
08-08-2007, 08:22 AM
This post is written with the sole intent to slam Verizon, nothing more.
Every two years it’s the same BS – they get you to renew, at which time their customer service completely disappears.
Backup Assistant – I only really care about it when it’s time to rollover old numbers onto a new phone. OOPS, we have a software glitch on our end and sorry you lost all 150 of your numbers. Kinda defeats the purpose of having it ehh?
New Phone – Received on Friday; activated on Monday and am told I have an old phone. My options; go spend an hour at the Verizon store 18 miles away to re-program, with no guarantee of success; or send the phone back. Wait a minute, then I’ll be without a phone. Yes, sorry.
Whaddya going to do, guess they all suck.

Dave C
08-08-2007, 08:27 AM
AT&T sucks my left nut... whatcha gonna do... I guess we are dooommmeedddd:D

a catered life
08-08-2007, 08:58 AM
hard to understand what sucks about verizon i have been a customer since they were ait-touch over 12 years and have not had a issue with them ...to be honest i have not paid for a phone until recently...ever time i went to get a new phone i call the customer service people and they said i was eligible for some credit of some sort and i got a new phone all i had to do was pay tax and stuff...i have traveled with verizon out of the country and to many states and have been able to use my phone most of the time...i barely need to call customer service (and dont really understand why some people need to call customer service more than a few times a year)....they have the best coverage on the west coast and have stores everywhere....sorry you have not been happy with them........:( i have used the back up thing a lot and have not had a issue...good luck

C-2
08-08-2007, 09:14 AM
hard to understand what sucks about verizon i have been a customer since they were ait-touch over 12 years and have not had a issue with them ...to be honest i have not paid for a phone until recently...ever time i went to get a new phone i call the customer service people and they said i was eligible for some credit of some sort and i got a new phone all i had to do was pay tax and stuff...i have traveled with verizon out of the country and to many states and have been able to use my phone most of the time...i barely need to call customer service (and dont really understand why some people need to call customer service more than a few times a year)....they have the best coverage on the west coast and have stores everywhere....sorry you have not been happy with them........:( i have used the back up thing a lot and have not had a issue...good luck
And I'm like you, back to the Airtouch days, same number for 10+ years (with as many as six business lines).
You would think, with that history, they would not leave me phoneless. Nope.
It's also becoming clear they want to steer everybody into data programs, and ridding the inexpensive email services. I received LG's flagship model, which, surprise, surprise, did not come with an option for $5 email. Yup, the $20 email option is there. Why would I want that, I also have your $60 wireless broadband connection?
Stupid shiat, every two years, which is why I pruprosely waited until I was out of plan (didn't really matter though).
A while back, on a tech site, I saw an article about how every time Verizon changes the terms of contracts, on their end, it constitutes a material change and by law, you can opt out of your contract committment. Every time I see it flagged, I'll be sure to let everybody know.:idea:

C-2
08-08-2007, 09:17 AM
AND BTW - you might check your backup info, this is a developing issue still materializing.
My wife's numbers were there on her phone, all the numbers I had entered under a persons "home" number are gone (if I happened to type their number under "work", those numbers are still there.)

ChumpChange
08-08-2007, 09:54 AM
I like the way you started this thread. So many people are vague in their bashings...you make it clear. :D

KineticoH20
08-08-2007, 11:09 AM
Hate to say it but Verizon is the lesser of 3 evils. Thet really are the best of the others.

USCFAN
08-08-2007, 11:20 AM
Hate to say it but Verizon is the lesser of 3 evils. Thet really are the best of the others.
I would definetly agree with this. Wifey has AT&T and it is terrible.

Hardly Satisfied
08-08-2007, 11:24 AM
Every two years it’s the same BS – they get you to renew, at which time their customer service completely disappears.
Backup Assistant – I only really care about it when it’s time to rollover old numbers onto a new phone. OOPS, we have a software glitch on our end and sorry you lost all 150 of your numbers. Kinda defeats the purpose of having it ehh?
New Phone – Received on Friday; activated on Monday and am told I have an old phone. My options; go spend an hour at the Verizon store 18 miles away to re-program, with no guarantee of success; or send the phone back. Wait a minute, then I’ll be without a phone. Yes, sorry.
Whaddya going to do, guess they all suck.
You should get with FrdvsChvy, He's a Rep for Verizon maybe he can help.

Screemy1
08-08-2007, 11:24 AM
I just think it is sad that if you just want a phone that has no frills..... they do not compare to the service I had with AT and T in 1998-2001. I have used every company since, currently Verizon, and they all suck, differant carriers have issues at differant places.... I get so sick of the commercials about coverage and I seem to always be in that 1% of the country that has no service.... and for the service bars.... I think the phones just show bars so they can claim coverage. My phones always show bars.... but the calls will fail, never start the call, or better.... gor from full bars.... then as I look at it because it is not ringing.... it goes to "searching for network".... what the hell do the full bars mean if it is searching for signal........they all SUCK!!!! :mad:

Biglue
08-08-2007, 11:28 AM
You guys haven't had much to bitch about until you experience Nextel. Now there's a service capable of making you lauch your phone onto the freeway. Dropped calls EVERYDAY. WEAK SIGNAL and just shitty coverage period. I've had it with them. Come this December, I am going to ditch them. :mad:

djunkie
08-08-2007, 11:32 AM
THEY ALL SUCK!!!!! Flip a coin and go with which ever one wins. :rolleyes: :D :D

Opinionated
08-08-2007, 11:36 AM
I've used them all and Verizon sucks the least in my opinion. Nextel can lick a nut!!

blown65
08-08-2007, 11:38 AM
You guys haven't had much to bitch about until you experience Nextel. Now there's a service capable of making you lauch your phone onto the freeway. Dropped calls EVERYDAY. WEAK SIGNAL and just shitty coverage period. I've had it with them. Come this December, I am going to ditch them. :mad:
Never had Verizon, but had AT&T/Cingular, US Cellular and Nextel. By far the worse was Nextel. Went back to Cingular/AT&T and so far havent had any issues. (nearly 2 yrs now)
Nextel was just ungodly terrible. Dropped calls, terrible Customer Service, terrible reception. I swear I was about 50% of my calls would just abruptly end in a disconnect. Cingular, I might get 1 or 2 dropped calls a week. :)

C-2
08-08-2007, 11:47 AM
My gripes are more about the way they treat longtime customers.
When I call DirectTV, apparently there is a little red heart next to the account name which sez "valued customer, keep them" according to a rep who spoke candidly with me. I yell at them every six months, and they give me some channels for free.
Verizon - could care less. They expect me to travel to a far away store, and sit around while they try to "re-flash" my phone. Why not send me a new one (keep in mind, I received this phone on a Friday and by Monday, it had aged)? I've had the lines for in excess of 10 years, they have my credit card info - I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE.
Why make me waste 3-4 hurs of my time to visit a store? That's why i bought it online SO I WOULDN't HAVE TO VISIT YOUR STORE, PUT MY NAME ON A WAITING LIST, and WAIT WHILE SOME GHETTO PUNK SAMPLES EVERY HIP-HOP RINGTONE AVAILABLE!
I also forgot, this whole dealio was set in motion by some scumbag who jacked my wifes truck and got her phone (and Sirius - who is sending out a new radio for free, without even asking). Her phone was a PINK Chocolate. So I call the insurance company, and they have no estimate as to when my wife would receive a PINK Chocolate. Had I known I could get placed on backorder WITHOUT ANY ESTIMATED REPLACEMENT DATE - I might not have purchased insurance at $6 month.
Like I said, stewpid stuff.
I know what's going to happen - my numbers are lost, and the re-flash won't work....:mad:

Froggystyle
08-08-2007, 11:49 AM
I have apparently cracked the code for wireless. Pay for your hardware, don't extend your contract. They do backflips to get me to stay with them, all the time. I have Verizon by the way. I have had phones fail, out of warranty and they replace them for free... offering of course some dramatically reduced rate for a new upgrade if I sign up for a new contract, which I don't do. An extra $200 for the phone is fine with me if they bend over backwards the entire time I own it with customer service.
I swear there is some flag on your number to them if you are out of contract. Nice as pie, quick waits on hold, calls back, new hardware etc... They want to keep my five lines working with Verizon, and I know for a fact I have gotten preferential treatment since I can walk at any time.

Froggystyle
08-08-2007, 11:52 AM
Verizon - could care less. They expect me to travel to a far away store, and sit around while they try to "re-flash" my phone. Why not send me a new one (keep in mind, I received this phone on a Friday and by Monday, it had aged)? I've had the lines for in excess of 10 years, they have my credit card info - I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE.
I could show you the pic of the phone that was bad that I never even bothered sending back to them once they overnighted me my replacement. EVERY issue I have had since being out of contract has been resolved immediately by a new phone. They know that I am about 30 seconds away from being able to walk anywhere and be set up with my existing phone number on a different system.
Let your contract expire... watch your service go through the roof...

That Guy
08-08-2007, 12:01 PM
You should get with FrdvsChvy, He's a Rep for Verizon maybe he can help.
I am in the process of doing just that and Mike has been great to work with...great service, great discounts, timely responses, etc....I get my new phone tomorrow (he sent it to me so I didn't even have to go into the store) and I can't say enough nice things about the way he does business. He is the Photoglou of cell phones....:D :D If you need any help with anything "Verizon" contact him you won't be disappointed.:)

C-2
08-08-2007, 12:09 PM
I could show you the pic of the phone that was bad that I never even bothered sending back to them once they overnighted me my replacement. EVERY issue I have had since being out of contract has been resolved immediately by a new phone. They know that I am about 30 seconds away from being able to walk anywhere and be set up with my existing phone number on a different system.
Let your contract expire... watch your service go through the roof...
That's the part which pisses me off - I'm out of contract (or was). I still have 30 days to reurn the phone, and if I do, I'll still be out of contract.
I tried the 30 second thing - their response - "that's an option too, woould you like me to connect you to that department."

Froggystyle
08-08-2007, 12:52 PM
I tried the 30 second thing - their response - "that's an option too, woould you like me to connect you to that department."
Tell them yes next time, and they won't let you... it is a feint.
I told them hell yes, please connect me. Then I was indignant that they couldn't keep me after what I had just been through. Trust me, it goes from 0 to "level 8" help support immediately. The people they put you on to cut through all the bullshit, comp you the gear, give you a personal contact to phone in your area, FedEx you the right phone and take $ off your bill. No kidding.
They absolutely will not lose you over semantics. Won't happen. They have spent millions and millions trying to get you to walk in to the store. All they have to do is the bare minimum to keep you... they will do it.

Baja Big Dog
08-08-2007, 12:56 PM
They all suck.....:mad:

v-drive
08-08-2007, 12:58 PM
been with verizon for years and My boss just gave me an Iphone so I had to connect to at&t. No complaints yet, besides this phone is awsome..v-drive

Hardly Satisfied
08-08-2007, 01:03 PM
I am in the process of doing just that and Mike has been great to work with...great service, great discounts, timely responses, etc....I get my new phone tomorrow (he sent it to me so I didn't even have to go into the store) and I can't say enough nice things about the way he does business. He is the Photoglou of cell phones....:D :D If you need any help with anything "Verizon" contact him you won't be disappointed.:)
Yes, You are right.We started service thur Mike last week when he posted his special .He mailed us the phones next day got us all hooked up and very happy with his service. Steve saw you 2 weekends ago didn't get a chance to meet you maybe if I see you at the Advantage regatta.

C-2
08-08-2007, 01:18 PM
IMO, any customer service rep should be able to satisfy my request, without having to get a "hookup". I was also bombarded via email, phone and mail over their last promo a couple of weeks ago.
Getting the phones is not a problem - I ordered my wife's Chocolate, online, at 4pm, it was here the following day, same with my new phone, overnight service.
Maybe I'll find another free hour or two and call them again.:mad:

Marty Gras
08-08-2007, 01:23 PM
We got a letter the other day stating that Verizon will be taking over the "hands free phone service" on our GM cars, starting Jan. 2008. My only problem so far is that Verizon doesn't offer service in Havasu. (went to them and asked) I WANT to be a safe driver and use the "hands free phone", but it seems to not be a priority for the big corporations. I was also told that I can't go to any other phone service for my cars.

frdvschvy
08-08-2007, 01:37 PM
We got a letter the other day stating that Verizon will be taking over the "hands free phone service" on our GM cars, starting Jan. 2008. My only problem so far is that Verizon doesn't offer service in Havasu. (went to them and asked) I WANT to be a safe driver and use the "hands free phone", but it seems to not be a priority for the big corporations. I was also told that I can't go to any other phone service for my cars.
Yes, it is true that VZW does not own the network on the AZ side of Havasu. It is owned by Mohave cellular and we have roaming agreements with them that allow your VZW phone to work without paying roaming charges if on a national plan. Your Onstar hands free service is already running on our network but the billing portion will be transfered from GM to VZW in Jan. 2008. There will be no noticable change in service to the end user just a change in billing.

Infamous
08-08-2007, 01:45 PM
Try Nextel.....They will make go back to verizon in a heartbeat. I made the change to verizon after having problems with nextel. I guess I have been lucky and have not had to experience their c/s dept yet. Good luck c-2 btw how is the hallet?

RVRKID
08-08-2007, 02:09 PM
Nextel SUCKS!! I put up with there crappy service for 5 years or more got worse when they merged with Sprint. At one time all my friends were on Nextel everyone left because where we live they never work, can't make a call in town w/o dropping a call. I complained on average 1-2 times a month all they said was there computer screen shows there is service there so oh well. Had to pay the early termination just so I could move to Verizon and be able to make calls in my own city!! They have been good and I rarely lose calls, only complaints are at Havasu regarding receiving/ sending texts.

Wavemaker
08-08-2007, 02:29 PM
Have you tried to contact the Public Utilities Commission regarding you cell phone plan renewal issues? Contact your cellular phone company Customer Service Department. Get their name and all information as to the office location, contact phone number and extension where the Customer Service Rep. is located. Clearly state the issue needing to resolved. If they do not provide you with adequate customer service, immediately ask to speak to their supervisor. When you discuss the issues with their supervisor, tell them you are reporting this on-going issue and complaint to the PUC. This may bring them to try and remedy the issue(s) in front of them to your satisfaction. They do not want the PUC on there back. Good luck.

a catered life
08-09-2007, 06:51 AM
i have a company nextel phone and its only good for chirping my staff and asking them to call me on a land line or barely chipring my kids:(

That Guy
08-09-2007, 08:15 AM
Yes, You are right.We started service thur Mike last week when he posted his special .He mailed us the phones next day got us all hooked up and very happy with his service. Steve saw you 2 weekends ago didn't get a chance to meet you maybe if I see you at the Advantage regatta.
Sorry we weren't able to hook up....in Havi this weekend and then the last one in August....drop by and say hi....:) Hanging in the channel with Phebus and Todd969 on Saturday....hope to see you.

whiteworks
08-09-2007, 04:48 PM
verizon can suck my left nut and when they finish with that do the right one. for the money I spend with those nazi's every year they should!
3 mobiles massive amounts of minutes
2 land lines
DSL or what ever there internet crap is
Yellow pages dont even get me started on that one.
They need to be knee capped those rotten corporate slimy bastards.

frdvschvy
08-09-2007, 05:07 PM
verizon can suck my left nut and when they finish with that do the right one. for the money I spend with those nazi's every year they should!
3 mobiles massive amounts of minutes
2 land lines
DSL or what ever there internet crap is
Yellow pages dont even get me started on that one.
They need to be knee capped those rotten corporate slimy bastards.
Sorry, not my department. However I know a guy that works in the nut sucking department here at VZW. Would you like his number. :D

Boozer
08-09-2007, 05:27 PM
I've sold T-Mobile, Qwest, Verizon, and Cingular/AT&T.
Here's what I can tell you.
Every person has different experiences with every carrier. At the end of the day it really boils down to the person or persons you have dealt with that make the ultimate decision in how you feel about that company. Unless you have Nextel because the Nextel network sucks my left nut PERIOD.
Verizon: Verizon prides themselves on their service and their network. Until recently Verizon was the largest wireless provider in the nation. They are still holding second and are slowly inching their way back to first. For consumers Verizon offers a pretty solid network and has reasonable rate plans.
T-Mobile: T-Mobile truely does what they say with their motto "Get More" T-Mobile offers minutes, more features, and more customer service then their competitors do and they do it at a lower price. However, T-Mobiles network isn't very big they get their large network from leasing other carriers towers. Due to T-mobiles minute number of subscribers they can't offer a lot of features and products that their competitors offer. All in all though if you just want a phone that can make a call and want to make a lot of them T-Mobile is the best priced hands down.
AT&T/Cingular: AT&T prides themselves on the amount of devices and options they offer the customers. They have more features and options then anyone else. AT&T now also has 3G that allows you to hit the net at 1mb a second from your phone or wireless card. AT&T's customer service is not the greatest but is improving.
Sprint/Nextel: They suck. Period. This company is bleeding money in ungodly proportions and will probably continue to do so until a larger company like Comcast comes in and bails them out.
All in all it's really a matter of personal prefferance. I've long been loyal to T-Mobile until I got a taste of AT&T's 3g and their Push to Talk Service. If I wasn't an internet/email addict that since fell in love with Push to talk (Which i must say smokes nextels push to talk) I'd still be with T-Mobile. I had Verizon some time back and they left a really bad taste in my mouth but I know lots of people who have had great experiences with them.

Riverkid
08-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Some of us contractors work very hard on VzW's network. Quite a few right here on the boards. And my bill is around $5K a month... :eek:

Boozer
08-09-2007, 05:31 PM
Some of us contractors work very hard on VzW's network. Quite a few right here on the boards. And my bill is around $5K a month... :eek:
I've never seen you in the commercials.

Riverkid
08-09-2007, 05:38 PM
We built the COLT in the last commercial deal (truck with a cellsite inside). Did you see me driving it? :D

Marty Gras
08-09-2007, 07:48 PM
Thanks for that info., should I hold my breath until I get a letter from Verizon? Do you know if anyone will contact us about the switch over? Thanks!

frdvschvy
08-09-2007, 08:20 PM
I thought you already got a letter regarding the switch over :confused: The letter you received should provide any info you will need regarding the switch. I assume they will contact you again when it gets closer. Sorry I don't have any more info, not involved in this part of the business at all. You can also check the site below for updates.
http://www.vzwshop.com/onstar/

whiteworks
08-09-2007, 08:54 PM
oh I forgot to mention that I rarely have a dropped call. I guess they are doing somthing right Cause I keep writng them checks:)

thatguy
08-09-2007, 09:19 PM
How many people here actually KNOW how a cell phone works? Do you know how the different bands interact with your phone? Do you know what your phone will do when encountering changes in band usage while traveling? Do you know what type signal your area prodominantly uses? Is it a third party network with rights leased to your carrier?
Your local store jockeys WILL NOT KNOW this information. Unless it is the one guru in the back.
Why do you think that some of us love our carrier, and some one else hates them? Phone A works here, but not there? "Bobs phone works, why won't mine?" Dropped calls with bars is a dead giveaway. You are on a third party network. Your phone will not consistantly "switch" to different bands. or analog from digital. Do you know how to force analog on YOUR phone?
MOST, if not all of your problems are NOT the carrier. They are compatibility issues between your phone characteristics (signal recieving and transmitting) and the signal TYPE changes as you travel. Or you could be set up wrong at home.
You should have NO PROBLEMS with Att (cingular) OR Verison.
Customer service should be your only issue, NOT PHONE SERVICE.
They can not help you with this.
I pulled my hair out for years with poor phone signal and dropped calls. Now, after researching the system and phone features, my PHONE is optimized for the areas I live and travel to.
All your answers are here. http://www.smoothtalker.com/
No, I have no interest in the company, but this site CURED every connection problem I ever had. I do own their Model 850 booster and it is the shit.
Tommy :D :D PS- Motorola V551 dual band, Cingular, Life is good!!

C-2
08-09-2007, 09:35 PM
Customer service should be your only issue, NOT PHONE SERVICE.
And it is, and the only reason for my post.
Not looking for a solution, just some good ole' fashioned, trash talking. They choose to waste my time, so I am dedicating the same amount of time to a more productive manner.:D
Thanks for the interesting info, that's always good to know.:)

thatguy
08-09-2007, 09:43 PM
And it is, and the only reason for my post.
Not looking for a solution, just some good ole' fashioned, trash talking. They choose to waste my time, so I am dedicating the same amount of time to a more productive manner.:D
Thanks for the interesting info, that's always good to know.:)
Completely understood!:D :D
I do think people should have a grasp of the Band used in there area and buy the phone best suited. I travel alot, to rigs in VERY remote locales. The "norm" is the 850 band, as in most rural areas. My phone was not set up to switch correctly and kept dropping calls when it would get a "glimpse" of the higher signal. It would switch (you can tell when the bars would spike) then BAM, dropped with 5 bars. Once I learned to lock in the 850, life was good!
Tommy

C-2
08-10-2007, 07:46 AM
Morning bump, just spreading the love :)