PDA

View Full Version : I honestly believe...

ratso
08-08-2007, 05:48 PM
all pro athletes should be able to use whatever means necessary to dominate in their respective sports, if they choose to do so. Sports evolve, records are made to be broken. I never cared for baseball, but I have watched some lately, and I'll be able to tell you where I was when Bonds hit that homerun last night. I watched McGwire and Sosa, every freakin' time I could, then they get thrown under the bus. I suppose if steroids were legal, would that make it okay... Well, I guess it is legal for some people that are sick, because someone says it is. The only reason it is illegal is because some people decided it should be. Sure, it's a performance enhancing "drug". What about all these sports products for sale on the shelves. I've known some that were legal, then one day someone decides it's illegal, and pulls it from the shelves... They didn't have all that either 30 and 40 years ago, so that should be "cheating" too... Shit, someone excels at something and everybody starts freakin' the fukk out...

RiverToysJas
08-08-2007, 05:53 PM
:idea: ...... Are those your honest feelings? :rolleyes:
RTJas :D

ratso
08-08-2007, 05:55 PM
:idea: ...... Are those your honest feelings? :rolleyes:
RTJas :D
:D I'm almost afraid to answer that... Let me see which way this thread goes first, then I'll jump on the ***boat Bandwagon...

HighRoller
08-08-2007, 05:56 PM
You obviously have totally and completely missed the point of competitive athletics. It's not about records or games, it's about pushing yourself to be better than the next guy. And if you happen to break a record along the way, great. But doping ruins the spirit of competition by letting average athletes become superstars and compete with guys that are far superior.
I could care less whether Barry did it or not. I believe he did but only he knows for sure. And somewhere deep down in his egotistical heart after he stops telling himself "everybody does it" to make himself feel better, he has to face the fact that without the needle or cream he wouldn't have been good enough to surpass Aaron. Doubters need only reference his stats.
If he was innocent he would have offered himself up at any time or place to be tested and proven innocent. Instead he lawyered up. Hmmm....:idea:

Mandelon
08-08-2007, 06:12 PM
Its wrong, and offers an unfair advantage....
vs.......................
Do whatever it takes even if it makes your nuts shrivel up......:eek:

ratso
08-08-2007, 06:15 PM
This might be taking it too far... as far as doping.:D
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VVrsGHs2MCk