PDA

View Full Version : Parking the boat at the Agave overnight?

dasburb
08-09-2007, 01:23 PM
I am leaving the familiar surroundings of Parker Dam and staying at the Agave the next three nights. We are getting into town late, and will have to park my not very hot boat in the city owned dirt lot next to the Agave. It is all I have so I want it to be reasonably safe. Does anyone have any experience with any problems in that lot? Thanks, dasburb. If there have been problems there I guess I will just have to go to Parker in the morning and get the boat.

dicudmore
08-09-2007, 01:27 PM
I see boats there all the time...

Brewzed
08-09-2007, 01:51 PM
I guess it depends on what you have in it, stereo, etc.

dasburb
08-09-2007, 01:57 PM
I guess it depends on what you have in it, stereo, etc.
The faceplate will be off the stereo, but there are still amps, stainless prop,etc. My alternative is just to get the boat in morning and leave it in the rented slip I have reserved for the weekend so that it is never parked out of the water overnight. I searched the boards here because I thought I had heard of some folks having things stolen from that lot. I couln't find any info. Thanks!

SHADOW23
08-09-2007, 02:09 PM
The faceplate will be off the stereo, but there are still amps, stainless prop,etc. My alternative is just to get the boat in morning and leave it in the rented slip I have reserved for the weekend so that it is never parked out of the water overnight. I searched the boards here because I thought I had heard of some folks having things stolen from that lot. I couln't find any info. Thanks!
Don't ever leave your shit outside overnight. My friend had his new prop stolen while docked in the marina overnight, and they have security.

HPBoats83
08-09-2007, 09:14 PM
PM sent.

Outnumbered
08-09-2007, 11:03 PM
This is a public forum. I seriously think that people watch these forums to find shit to steal. I would not post up what you have in your boat and when and where it will be parked. Good luck.

Outnumbered
08-09-2007, 11:07 PM
Well, just to freak you out a little more, I just searched your posts and found out what color and make your boat is. It would be very easy to locate now. My point is, be careful what you post on here. Too many thieves these days.

dunaholic
08-09-2007, 11:25 PM
So you guys wouldn't recommend that you leave anything there or that yuo don't announce when your going to be leaving it?

SummerBreeze
08-10-2007, 05:22 AM
Save yourself some money sleep in your boat.
It stinks over in that spot anyway. Smells like sewer

Mr. Crusader 83
08-10-2007, 06:13 AM
I am leaving the familiar surroundings of Parker Dam and staying at the Agave the next three nights. We are getting into town late, and will have to park my not very hot boat in the city owned dirt lot next to the Agave. It is all I have so I want it to be reasonably safe. Does anyone have any experience with any problems in that lot? Thanks, dasburb. If there have been problems there I guess I will just have to go to Parker in the morning and get the boat.
Bring it to my house. you can leave it in the garage over night.