PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Addatives

Jerrys59
08-10-2007, 03:15 AM
What is a good diesel fuel addtive and where can it be bought?

sleekcrafter
08-10-2007, 07:20 PM
In the winter below 30 degrees I run Power Service, for gelling prevention, for summer use I started using Marvel's Mystry oil. Add 3 oz. per 10 gallons of fuel.

HammerDown
08-12-2007, 11:41 AM
In the winter below 30 degrees I run Power Service, for gelling prevention, for summer use I started using Marvel's Mystry oil. Add 3 oz. per 10 gallons of fuel.
I've always used PS from day one. After 20 years same IP and Injectors 178,000 miles, runs like the first day I bought it.;)
So whats the MM doing for you?

sleekcrafter
08-13-2007, 08:43 PM
I've always used PS from day one. After 20 years same IP and Injectors 178,000 miles, runs like the first day I bought it.;)
So whats the MM doing for you?
Believe it or not the mileage goes up, quieter and more responsive, been using it since the ultra low sulfer fuels came out . Some forks are even using Seafoam, in the tank, or filling the fuel filter housing with it.
I buy the MM from Farm and Fleet by the gallon, add 9 oz. per tank

Run_em_Hard
08-14-2007, 04:59 AM
There is alot that people are running with diesels these days. The big one recently is two stroke oil. Don't ask me the ratio cause I don't know it off the top of my head but I have heard good things. Also the PS and MM is a great combo that has been proven to work great over the years.
The great thing about PS and MM is you can buy it at checkers/autozone. It sucks having to order your additives:mad:

Jerrys59
08-14-2007, 09:35 AM
Thanks for all the info.
I found some good diesel forums to read up on.
Seems like everyone that has tried the 2 stroke that meets the TWC-3
are very happy with it. They say a qt to 35 gallons of fuel. I added a
qt at fill up yesterday. Will try it for a while and see how it goes.
Thanks again all :)

Jerrys59
08-14-2007, 09:41 AM
http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/index.php?http://www.cumminsforum.com/