PDA

View Full Version : Topock Gorge closing to powerboats.......

RiverToysJas
08-10-2007, 07:40 AM
It can happen! What is it does????
What if Topock Gorge - I40 to the lake - closes to powerboating? OR becomes 60hp or less - like Black Canyon north of Willow Beach is most of the year? .....I think Topok Gorge falls under the same governing body as Black Canyon. So it's not out the question.
Once environmental groups get ahold of the families who have lost loved ones to wreckless boating in that area (not just recently, but in the past as well), they will probably be able to make enough noise to make it happen now. Esp w/ two fatalities w/i such a short time. :(
Be Careful people, and lets hope nobody else gets hurt on our waterways due to wreckless & irresponsible boating ever again. Just like in school, if we can't take care of ourselves, someone is going to have to take care us...in this case it's the government, and I personally HATE that idea.
The problem is always the same, a few messing it up for everyone. Lets hope it's not too late.....
RTJas

Big Kahunaa
08-10-2007, 08:05 AM
that would be great all the big boats would have to stay in havazoo

Kilrtoy
08-10-2007, 08:05 AM
I'll be taking a few high speed passes this weekend, and giving rides

beaverretriever
08-10-2007, 08:09 AM
ROTFLMAO....
I love it. Man, you can get peoples feathers ruffled can't ya?:D :D :D

Dan Lorenze
08-10-2007, 08:11 AM
I'll see you up there.. I'll be the chump doin 63mph :( :D

rivercrazy
08-10-2007, 08:18 AM
Kilr - Its your brand of irresponsible - I'm more important than anyone else attitude - that will contribute to a loss of freedom for everyone.....
GROW UP.........

Mr. Crusader 83
08-10-2007, 08:27 AM
Sign me up. What time are we hitting the water?:D

Racey
08-10-2007, 08:33 AM
Kilr - Its your brand of irresponsible - I'm more important than anyone else attitude - that will contribute to a loss of freedom for everyone.....
GROW UP.........
I haven't heard of Kilr getting into a boating accident......

RiverToysJas
08-10-2007, 08:37 AM
I haven't heard of Kilr getting into a boating accident......
So the definition of "irresponsible boater" is, you've been in an accident? :confused:
RTJas

FastTimmy
08-10-2007, 08:45 AM
If memory serves me right I have not read of any high speed or speed related accidents that where fatal. They are all from a lack of brain power.......:D or drinking.
Killer proved it by not hitting anyone. I bet another idiot in a bayliner would have crashed into the whole bunch of them... It probably would have been a three boat pile up!

boats&bars
08-10-2007, 08:53 AM
Try and keep it out or the reeds.

Havasu Luvr
08-10-2007, 09:37 AM
I bet another idiot in a bayliner would have crashed into the whole bunch of them... It probably would have been a three boat pile up!
If there was another idiot in a Bayliner this whole situation would have NEVER happened the first place. Bayliner's can't do 100mph..... quit comparing apple and oranges.....speaking of idiots????????:sqeyes: :rolleyes: :D

Kiddunot
08-10-2007, 09:40 AM
I have a chapparel and am lucky if i am pushing 50 does that count??

EAZYKILLER2006
08-10-2007, 09:45 AM
GROW UP.........
trust me he is kidding
you would have to be on the WATER as often
as we are to know the kilrtoys are
very responsible
with two adorable VERY well behaved kids

conquestcat
08-10-2007, 09:50 AM
speed seems like that is the ultimate goal for the river
hell id like to enjoy the view every so often and not looking
over my shoulder all the time