PDA

View Full Version : Ford vs Toyota

Jbb
08-12-2007, 04:02 PM
A Japanese company (Toyota) and an American company (Ford) decided to
have a canoe race on the Missouri River. Both teams practiced long
and hard to reach their peak performance before the race.
On the big day, the Japanese won by a mile.
The Americans.. very discouraged and depressed, decided to
investigate the crushing defeat. A senior management team was formed
to investigate and recommend appropriate action. Their conclusion
was.. the Japanese had 8 people rowing and 1 person steering, while
the American team had 8 people steering and 1 person rowing.
Feeling a deeper study was in order, American management hired a
consulting company and paid them a large amount of money for a second
opinion. They advised, of course, that too many people were steering
the boat, while not enough people were rowing.
Not sure of how to utilize that information, but wanting to prevent
another loss to the Japanese, the rowing team's structure was totally
reorganized to 4 steering supervisors, 3 area steering
superintendents and 1 assistant superintendent steering manager.
They also implemented a new performance system that would give the 1
person rowing the boat greater incentive to work harder. It was
called the 'Rowing Team Quality First Program,' with meetings,
dinners and free pens for the rower. There was discussion of getting
new paddles, canoes and other equipment, extra vacation days for
practices and bonuses.
The next year the Japanese won by two miles.
Humiliated, the American management laid off the rower for poor
performance, halted development of a new canoe, sol d the paddles, and
canceled all capital investments for new equipment. The money saved
was distributed to the Senior Executives as bonuses and the next
year's racing team was outsourced to India .
The End.
Here's something else to think about: Ford has spent the last thirty
years moving all its factories out of the US, claiming they can't
make money paying American wages. Toyota has spent the last thirty
years building more than a dozen plants inside the US.
The last quarter's results:
Toyota makes 4 billion in profits while Ford racked up 9 billion in
losses. Ford folks are still scratching their heads.

Tom Brown
08-12-2007, 04:10 PM
Why don't you stop being a commie fag and come over to our team for the big win? http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif

Jbb
08-12-2007, 04:26 PM
Why don't you stop being a commie fag and come over to our team for the big win? http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif
Must you hike your leg....and urinate on every thread I post?...:D

Milton04
08-12-2007, 04:30 PM
Actually, My 2007 Tundra is more American made than my Ford and a whole hell of a lot better truck....:D

rrrr
08-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Some Ford trucks are made in.....Canada! :jawdrop:
That explains a lot. :sleeping: :D

Tom Brown
08-12-2007, 04:54 PM
I will never by jap crap! Instead, I'll buy North American for their superior quality, warranty, fuel economy, longevity, and to keep 100% of my money right here in North America... the way the good Lord intended.
When you buy Toyota, 100% of your money is going to Japan. Why can't you turn-coats see that?

Milton04
08-12-2007, 05:17 PM
I will never by jap crap! Instead, I'll buy North American for their superior quality, warranty, fuel economy, longevity, and to keep 100% of my money right here in North America... the way the good Lord intended.
When you buy Toyota, 100% of your money is going to Japan. Why can't you turn-coats see that?
Wow that's pretty good considering Ford owns quite a few companies "Range Rover, Volvo, Jag, and Mazda and they don't keep all their money over here.... (Oh wait they lost how many billions last quarter.... What money haha). Ford and GM have more vehicles made outside this country than anyone - Mexico.... Maybe if American vehicle manufact would grow some balls and control Union contracts then they would post a little bit better profits. I believe the good Lord intended us to make sound and smart business decisions and make purchases that are wise ie my Toyota.

angry dad
08-12-2007, 05:26 PM
I am very happy with my Ford, and would never buy a POS rice truck!!;)

brianthomas
08-12-2007, 05:26 PM
Wrong Canatard. The money goes to the workers then the stock holders. I own Toyota stock so I get a share of the profits. Toyota Motor Co. stock is owned by most major mutual funds. More than 50% of the stock is owned by americans.

Jbb
08-12-2007, 05:28 PM
:p

Milton04
08-12-2007, 05:29 PM
Wrong Canatard. The money goes to the workers then the stock holders. I own Toyota stock so I get a share of the profits. Toyota Motor Co. stock is owned by most major mutual funds. More than 50% of the stock is owned by americans.
Yep - Right you are, but I didn't think he would understand any of that. :D :D

Jbb
08-12-2007, 05:32 PM
This is going much better than expected......lmao......You're mocking Brown..........lol.....and Brown is mocking you....:D :D

Jbb
08-12-2007, 05:45 PM
That's Brown...In the white trunks.....:D
http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/129055.gif

Tom Brown
08-12-2007, 06:08 PM
That's Brown...In the white trunks.....:D
Hold my beer and watch this.
Ford and GM have more vehicles made outside this country than anyone.....
That is liberal propaganda started by democrats. Why don't you peddle your lies somewhere else. The patriots in this thread are having none of it. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif

Milton04
08-12-2007, 06:15 PM
Hold my beer and watch this.
That is liberal propaganda started by democrats. Why don't you peddle your lies somewhere else. The patriots in this thread are having none of it. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif
That should read "Hold my crack pipe", I use to work for Ford for years before I moved on and I have never been a Democrap - Republican all the way baby...

Tom Brown
08-12-2007, 06:17 PM
I use to work for Ford for years.
They probably got rid of you for being a communist.
Republican all the way baby...
I'm going to look into having your Republican membership revoked. We aren't interersted in people who sell out our country.

Jbb
08-12-2007, 06:22 PM
I'm going to look into having your Republican membership revoked. We aren't interersted in people who sell out our country.
Wow...that's the fastest you threw the commie card ...in quite some time....:D

Milton04
08-12-2007, 06:23 PM
Haha that's funny I don't care who you are. I almost spilled my beer. That's the beautiful thing about people's opinion it doesn't matter if someone is right or wrong it is their opinion.

Tom Brown
08-12-2007, 06:26 PM
...that's the fastest you threw the commie card ...in quite some time....:D
Listen, Komrade... the Japanese are winning world war 2. They continue to take over this country, one communist at a time. People who would sell out their fellow countrymen should be tried for treason with penalties appropriate to the result.
As far as I'm concerned, if you don't love this country, you should get the hell out.
I, for one, am not going to stand around and wait for the day the Japanese own the United States of America.

Jbb
08-12-2007, 06:32 PM
Listen, Komrade... the Japanese are winning world war 2. They continue to take over this country, one communist at a time. People who would sell out their fellow countrymen should be tried for treason with penalties appropriate to the result.
As far as I'm concerned, if you don't love this country, you should get the hell out.
I, for one, am not going to stand around and wait for the day the Japanese own the United States of America.
....Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?.....

Tom Brown
08-12-2007, 06:33 PM
Listen... try to follow as best you can. I know this is over the heads of most of you.
Henry Ford started Ford Motor Company in 1903 in the United States of America. Apple pie recipes in England go back to the time of Chaucer in 1381.
The Ford Motor Company is far more American than Apple Pie itself.
I suspect the average intellect level of the US citizen to be so alarmingly low because of foreign inbreeding.
People... if we don't get on side here, one day we are going to find ourselves enslaved by Asians.

Jbb
08-12-2007, 06:35 PM
It's just like ......warm apple pie!.....:p

Tom Brown
08-12-2007, 07:06 PM
I'm done with this thread. The country is going into the toilet and nobody seems to care. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif
Where is Riodog? I know he'd have my back.
I'm going to leave you all with this thought. Feel free to think about it while you've got your heads burried in the sand.
There are no communists in heaven.
Sleep well... Komrades....

cc322
08-12-2007, 08:17 PM
FORD REPORTS A NET PROFIT OF $750 MILLION FOR Q2 2007
Revenue of $44 billion, 6 percent above second quarter 2006.
Net income of $750 million, or 31 cents per share, for the second quarter of 2007.
Profit of $258 million, or 13 cents per share, from continuing operations excluding special items.**
Significant year-over-year improvement for all Automotive operations.
Ford Motor Credit pre-tax profit of $112 million.
Cost reductions of $600 million; $1.1 billion through the first half of 2007.
Automotive gross cash at June 30, 2007 of $37.4 billion (including cash and cash equivalents, net marketable securities, loaned securities and short-term Voluntary Employee Benefits Association (VEBA) assets).***
"Few vehicles have received more negative press in such a short period of time as the 2007 Toyota Tundra. Plant cost overruns, four star crash ratings, camshaft issues, and a series of rebates have shown that the mighty Toyota is fallible after all.
Well, it seems the bad news just keeps-a-coming, as vastly improved May sales weren't enough to stop even more rebates.
Now if you want to get your hands on a new Tundra, depending on the model, you can get up to $3,500 off the sticker or zero-percent financing for up to five years, or $500 off the down payment on a three-year lease. There is no more competitive segment in the automotive world than full-size pickups, and we're seeing evidence pile up that the Tundra just isn't up to the challenge. While the Tundra's new engine is second to none, the rest of the truck has a way to go."
Toyota chases Tundra camshaft failures
Mark Rechtin
Automotive News
May 28, 2007 - 1:00 am
LOS ANGELES -- A batch of camshaft failures in 5.7-liter V-8 engines has dinged the launch of the Toyota Tundra pickup.
Camshafts in 20 engines have snapped, says Toyota spokesman Mike Michels.
...........Toyota rushed the 5.7-liter engine into production in time for the Tundra's February launch. The 5.7-liter initially was scheduled to arrive this summer. But Toyota dealers and product planners told the manufacturing arm that the Tundra needed the big V-8 at launch because the 4.7-liter V-8 would not make a strong enough statement. READ MORE
ADDED 30 May 2007 - Tunda may be recalled
Toyota Motor Corp. faces a costly setback in the biggest U.S. vehicle launch in its history after owners of its new Tundra pickup reported engine failures.
The Japanese automaker may recall Tundras equipped with 5.7-liter V-8s to replace the engines, a company spokesman said Wednesday.
The trouble with the Tundra's 5.7-liter engines, the most powerful engine available on the new pickup, is the latest in a series of recalls and problems that have dented Toyota's reputation. READ MORE

Forkin' Crazy
08-12-2007, 09:00 PM
Actually, My 2007 Tundra is more American made than my Ford and a whole hell of a lot better truck....:D
LOL!! Big difference from being built and being assembled. :idea:

Forkin' Crazy
08-12-2007, 09:02 PM
Listen... try to follow as best you can. I know this is over the heads of most of you.
Henry Ford started Ford Motor Company in 1903 in the United States of America. Apple pie recipes in England go back to the time of Chaucer in 1381.
The Ford Motor Company is far more American than Apple Pie itself.
I suspect the average intellect level of the US citizen to be so alarmingly low because of foreign inbreeding.
People... if we don't get on side here, one day we are going to find ourselves enslaved by Asians.
All this dribble coming from a Maxima driving canatard! :mad:

Tom Brown
08-12-2007, 09:58 PM
All this dribble coming from a Maxima driving canatard! :mad:
I really don't see what difference it would have made if that bullshit had come from a gun toting American.

spectras only
08-12-2007, 10:42 PM
I will never by jap crap!
Some of the new guys here sure took your bait , not knowing about your jap crap Maxima :) :D

Jbb
08-13-2007, 03:23 AM
I really don't see what difference it would have made if that bullshit had come from a gun toting American.
:p ....Whats wrong with gun toting Americans....?

rlj676
08-13-2007, 08:04 AM
Some Ford trucks are made in.....Canada! :jawdrop:
That explains a lot. :sleeping: :D
Please inform all of us of what Ford trucks are made in Canada? I call BS.
Further, Toyota isn't the quality gods they have you convinced they are. They recalled more vehicles last year than they sold. All of the Ford's new products are of a quality that is on par with Toyota. The difference is in perception, not reality.
And everyone comparing the brand new Toyota truck to a F150 designed years ago isn't really reasonable. Compare it to the GM's which are the same year, or to the upcoming F150 next summer.
As for the canoe story, it is sadly funny and truish.

rrrr
08-13-2007, 08:36 AM
Please inform all of us of what Ford trucks are made in Canada? I call BS.
My bad! :D
It seems Ford got sick of the Canatard truck assemblers and closed the plant.....:D :D
Ford undertook a restructuring program in 2002 that included more than 20,000 job cuts and the closing of the Ontario Truck Plant, which now sits empty next to the Oakville Assembly Plant.
Ford used to build F-150s there......actually I had two Canada built F-150 work trucks, one was traded in at 190,000 miles, the other at 246,000 miles. Never spent any money on them other than scheduled maintenance.
Just lucky I guess. ;)

rlj676
08-13-2007, 08:43 AM
I was pretty sure they are only built in Dearborn and KC for F150, and Superduties in Kentucky.
Oakville does make the Edge though, which has been good quality wise.

rivercrazy
08-13-2007, 09:14 AM
Ford Quality? They lead the recall lists with just about all the largest recalls in automotive history......In the last 2 years they have recalled over 6 million trucks and SUV's alone........
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20060804.IBFORD04/TPStory/TPBusiness/America/

HavaSkank
08-13-2007, 09:19 AM
I drive a Ford but I'm sexually involved with a Toyota Corp man. Does this make me a Pinko or just someone who is not brand loyal?
I think it makes me a horny broad just looking for some action whereever it's offered. Hell, I'd do a Used Yugo salesman during a serious sexual drought if push came to shove. (pun intended)

Stoneman
08-13-2007, 09:20 AM
The real question is; How good would Ford & GM be if there was no Toyota? :idea:

rlj676
08-13-2007, 09:47 AM
Ford Quality? They lead the recall lists with just about all the largest recalls in automotive history......In the last 2 years they have recalled over 6 million trucks and SUV's alone........
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20060804.IBFORD04/TPStory/TPBusiness/America/
Yes Ford Quality; on the newer models. Look at all of the JD Powers and other quality indicators of recent. You reference a recall of 1994 to 2002 model trucks. Not exactly current huh? It is well known there were quality problems then, hence the dedicated effort to improve by the big three.
I still think Honda is more of a benchmark for quality than Toyota, they just don't have a full line of vehicles.