PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from Monterey...

DILLIGAF
08-12-2007, 08:06 PM
rode the bike up and back wth Heavy D. Stayed at SinCals house and had a great time riding around Monterey and lots of back roads. You have to go up and see Mt. Madonna in Watsonville. Redwoods and all. I never knew it was there and I grew up in the area :confused:
We averaged 250 + miles a day as we put on over 1K since Thursday. The ride home was good because we stopped at Jocko's in Nopomo for a steak and we got home safe. In between the traffic thru Santa Barbara and was horendous. Cut thru a lot of traffic thru 100+ temps.
All in all an excellant trip and hanging with my good buds. Isn't that what it is all about anyhow?
Later

SummerBreeze
08-12-2007, 08:09 PM
I hope you were riding a HD

DILLIGAF
08-12-2007, 08:10 PM
I hope you were riding a HD
2006 Street Glide
:)

SummerBreeze
08-12-2007, 08:14 PM
oh good.......... any pictures ??? was the weather warm?
I just got in myself from a local ride.
Flippin windy around here

DILLIGAF
08-12-2007, 08:17 PM
oh good.......... any pictures ??? was the weather warm?
I just go in myself from a local ride.
Flippin windy around here
Some in our group took some and if they send them to me I will post a few. The weather up there is cold, warm, cold, hot, cold, cold, warm....lol All in the same ride :)
Local ride? Vegas?

Jyruiz
08-12-2007, 08:58 PM
Funny, we were just there from Tuesday through Thursday.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36923&stc=1&d=1186981092

78Hondo Cruiser
08-12-2007, 09:21 PM
Jocko's I havent heard that name in years. My wifes grandparents live in Arroyo Grande and that is one of their fav places. We love their access to the beach only 1/4 mile away without the beach crowds. By the way any pismo regulars I love watching the crick (creek for you non mountain folk) on a good flow year! I will say it has been really tame in the last 2 years that we have been up there.
Kyle

DILLIGAF
08-12-2007, 09:52 PM
Funny, we were just there from Tuesday through Thursday.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36923&stc=1&d=1186981092
Would have been nice to meet you and your family. We went to the wharf on Friday.

DILLIGAF
08-12-2007, 09:52 PM
Jocko's I havent heard that name in years. My wifes grandparents live in Arroyo Grande and that is one of their fav places. We love their access to the beach only 1/4 mile away without the beach crowds. By the way any pismo regulars I love watching the crick (creek for you non mountain folk) on a good flow year! I will say it has been really tame in the last 2 years that we have been up there.
Kyle
I stop there whenever possible. Their steaks are the best I have had from a rest.

BajaMike
08-13-2007, 01:08 AM
Tom, sounds like a good trip….how about some pics?? Since I’m out of commission for a while I can only live vicariously through my friends like you who seem so have a big “S” on their chests.
I have had it pretty good, though. Since I can’t drive for a few more weeks, I have had a few of my favorite girls bringing my lunch during their lunch breaks….it sure brightens my day and increases the libido (especially when three show up un-expectedly at the same time). I feel pretty lucky, not just to be alive but also to have beautiful and loving girls going out of their way to cheer me up.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1098DSC00464.JPG
Melany (on the far right in the picture) picked me up last night(I can't drive), took me out to dinner, rented some videos, put batteries in my camera, then showed me what she used to do when she worked for a magazine affiliated with Hot Boat (sorry, photos not for distribution!).
I think we stretched the definition of “sex” beyond Bill Clinton’s wildest dreams (I’m supposed to wait 3 weeks).
Anyway, pictures of your latest adventures would help me pass the time!
Thanks, Tom.
Mike

SummerBreeze
08-13-2007, 06:12 AM
Some in our group took some and if they send them to me I will post a few. The weather up there is cold, warm, cold, hot, cold, cold, warm....lol All in the same ride :)
Local ride? Vegas?
No... Vegas is 400 miles to the south east from here. Local ride was the mountains south of Lake Tahoe.
Holy Shat I locked it up on the way home. A dam deer jumped out in front of me. He heard the tires scream and he ran faster and got out of the way.
I for get sometimes that the little bastards are out there

DILLIGAF
08-13-2007, 07:16 AM
Tom, sounds like a good trip….how about some pics?? Since I’m out of commission for a while I can only live vicariously through my friends like you who seem so have a big “S” on their chests.
I have had it pretty good, though. Since I can’t drive for a few more weeks, I have had a few of my favorite girls bringing my lunch during their lunch breaks….it sure brightens my day and increases the libido (especially when three show up un-expectedly at the same time). I feel pretty lucky, not just to be alive but also to have beautiful and loving girls going out of their way to cheer me up.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1098DSC00464.JPG
Melany (on the far right in the picture) picked me up last night(I can't drive), took me out to dinner, rented some videos, put batteries in my camera, then showed me what she used to do when she worked for a magazine affiliated with Hot Boat (sorry, photos not for distribution!).
I think we stretched the definition of “sex” beyond Bill Clinton’s wildest dreams (I’m supposed to wait 3 weeks).
Anyway, pictures of your latest adventures would help me pass the time!
Thanks, Tom.
Mike
That is one way to start feeling better Mike....lol
Take care of yourself and don't push your rehab too hard. Glad they caught the blockage before the inevitable happened. When they send me some pics I will post them up for you......

DILLIGAF
08-13-2007, 07:17 AM
No... Vegas is 400 miles to the south east from here. Local ride was the mountains south of Lake Tahoe.
Holy Shat I locked it up on the way home. A dam deer jumped out in front of me. He heard the tires scream and he ran faster and got out of the way.
I for get sometimes that the little bastards are out there
At least it wasn't a bear....lol
Rode up to Tahoe/Reno last year and had a great time. Excellant riding in the mountains

rmarion
08-13-2007, 07:22 AM
Tom.....Nice ride !!!!
Did Mrs. Heavy D ride also????

DILLIGAF
08-13-2007, 07:40 AM
Tom.....Nice ride !!!!
Did Mrs. Heavy D ride also????
She drove a truck with her bike in the back. She rode everywhere up in Monterey though.