PDA

View Full Version : True Story About The Death On Thursday

Third Alarm
08-12-2007, 11:23 PM
I am the paramedic/firefighter who pulled the man out of the water on Thursday August 9 at approximatley 3:30.
My family and I were sitting on the west beach about 2 miles south of Topock Marina. I saw a man and his son on two separate old style stand up Jet Skiis heading south toward Havasu Lake. At the same time a man was driving a 27 foot Hallet at approximatly 35 miles per hour down the middle of the river when another boat, the Fountain, came upon him at a very rapid speed (approximatley 70 miles per hour). The Fountain boat that I saw was between 27 - 30 feet long, all white in color except for a very large "Fountain" written on the side of the boat in red and black.
Due to the position that our boat was sitting on on the beach and the fact that we were sitting in beach chairs eatting our lunch, we were unable to see or hear the actual impact approximately 200 yards away.
An off-duty LA County Sherrif's officer who was sharing the same stretch of beach that we were on approximately 200 yards to the south saw and heard the collision. The officer was unable to get his boat off the beach so he ran to us asking for a phone to call for help. At that time my wife and I, along with the officer, jumped into our boat to help the man. We came upon the man in the Hallet, who had witnessed the accident and turned around to help, holding the injured man's head out of the water. He had also put the man's son into his boat. I dove into the water and found the man not conscious or breathing. With the help of the other two men we were able to pull the man into the back seat of our boat and assess his injuries. He had two blown pupils, no spontanious respirations, and no corotid pulse. He had blood coming from his facial injuries.
We immediately headed for Topock Marina and yelled for people to call 911. At that time I gave a description to their dispatch of what happened and the description of the boat.
Two more pontoon style boats that were headed up river helped the man with the Hallet to retrieve the Jet Skiis and bring the young boy to the Marina. The father stayed in the boat for approximately two hours after being pronounded dead by paramedics at scene. Then there was a lengthy investigation from both San Bernadino Sheriff and Mohave County Sheriff's office. We were then followed back to the scene of the accident by the San Bernadino Sheriff for pictures and measurements of the scene.
This morning (Sunday 8/12) I spoke to Park Ranger at Windsor Beach who informed me that they had not found the boat. The boy was 9 years old and mother and grandparents were killed a few years back in a car accident. There are no next of kin.
Sorry
Jeff

Kilrtoy
08-12-2007, 11:27 PM
This morning (Sunday 8/12) I spoke to Park Ranger at Windsor Beach who informed me that they had not found the boat. The boy was 9 years old and mother and grandparents were killed a few years back in a car accident. There are no next of kin.
Sorry
Jeff
Wow that is beyond a tragedy
that poor little boy

DUNDUN
08-12-2007, 11:29 PM
that is horrible. the shit thats been happening lately is unfathomable.
do you know if the fountain ran him over or whether the guy cut infront of him? im just curious.
regardless, this asshole needs to be found.

BigDoug
08-12-2007, 11:37 PM
First off, kudos to you and the off duty police officer for responding upon impact. :)
Very sad for the little boy !!................he will be in our thoughts and prayers !! :)

BigDoug
08-12-2007, 11:41 PM
In all seriousness, where the hell did this "Fountain" disappear to ? could he have gotten off the water that quick to go undetected ?
He probably sunk the damn thing and had a friend come get him, this is too crazy out there !!

DUNDUN
08-12-2007, 11:45 PM
In all seriousness, where the hell did this "Fountain" disappear to ? could he have gotten off the water that quick to go undetected ?
He probably sunk the damn thing and had a friend come get him, this is too crazy out there !!
its just such a bummer that there are people out there who do this shit. how can this mf'er sleep at night?

BajaMike
08-12-2007, 11:53 PM
Hopefully, law enforcement will post and circulate a good description of the "Fountain" and put that guy in jail for a long time....:idea:
Sorry to family and friends! This is so sad and so avoidable...speeding at 70mph on that stretch of river is just crazy!

DUNDUN
08-12-2007, 11:57 PM
Hopefully, law enforcement will post and circulate a good description of the "Fountain" and put that guy in jail for a long time....:idea:
Sorry to family and friends! This is so sad and so avoidable...speeding at 70mph on that stretch of river is just crazy!
....there is only one family member, and hes nine. :(

boatsnblondes
08-13-2007, 12:23 AM
First, how many Fountains that big can there be out there??? SOMEONE has to know this guy....second..no next of kin for the boy means foster care...great chance for some of you ballers on here to maybe step up and be foster parents??? Or better, adopt???

Kilrtoy
08-13-2007, 12:25 AM
second..no next of kin for the boy means foster care...great chance for some of you ballers on here to maybe step up and be foster parents??? Or better, adopt???
I thought the same thing, Actually i thought right away I wanna adopt him, but, I doubt the young man will ever want to see the river again

boatsnblondes
08-13-2007, 12:44 AM
Funny bro, SO funny...I was thinking as I typed it...if there is ANYONE on here who would do it..it would be you....go for it bro....he needs someone to get him through it....:idea:

02HoWaRd26
08-13-2007, 12:52 AM
That is just so unimaginable, poor kid.... That would be great for someone who could offer this young guy a good safe home, Foster care is horrible for the most part it is people doing it JUST FOR THE MONEY from the states...

Garrddogg
08-13-2007, 04:41 AM
Oh wow that is so fukced up, poor little kid.
Hope someone adopts this kid. Dont think it will be any of us though, that would pretty much mean the end of river boating.
this is so tragic..
just cant understand why someone that did this wouldnt stand up and take thier lumps..
Poor little guy, we will be praying for him.
Gary

OGShocker
08-13-2007, 04:54 AM
Jeff,
Sorry you had to see this, but thank you for giving the injured your best.
If anyone has any word on the boy, I am sure we, as a community, would be happy to help him.
Mark

HemiDude
08-13-2007, 06:16 AM
Jeff -- Thanks to you and people like you. I am sure you have seen your unfair share of tragedy.

adjones419
08-13-2007, 06:26 AM
As much as I hate to hear about this, thank you for posting and thank you for your effort. The boy will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Quest4Fun
08-13-2007, 06:27 AM
This is breaking my heart :( I hope the boy is with caring people at this time. I have a 9 year old boy...I can't imagine what that little boy is going through.

cab_01
08-13-2007, 06:30 AM
I may be interested in adopting him. My wife an I just adopted a 10 yr old boy from Russia.
Does anyone know who took custody of him? We do not go to the river very often.

rrrr
08-13-2007, 06:31 AM
How tragic. :(

Quest4Fun
08-13-2007, 06:33 AM
Very cool cab...I just read on here that he was in foster care. Maybe the SBCSO out of Needles could tell you.

Third Alarm
08-13-2007, 06:34 AM
The last we were told that San Bernidino Sheriffs had him and CPS was on there way.
Jeff

Opinionated
08-13-2007, 06:34 AM
I would be interested in adopting too. The best thing that could happen to this boy is for him to be adopted by a loving family. I have 2 sons, 1 is 4 years old and 1 is 10 months. They would love to have an older brother, and I would love to give this poor kid a great life. If anyone has any more info on this family, please let us know.

THOR
08-13-2007, 06:39 AM
A 9 year old boy with no relatives is makes me have a sinking feeling in my stomach. Is there a way we can maybe give this poor kid something?

boatsnblondes
08-13-2007, 06:53 AM
Way to step up peeps...you guys make me proud....<sniff>;)

roostwear
08-13-2007, 06:57 AM
This has been working on me since it was first posted. This is probably every parents nightmare, and I truly wish the boy the best in the future. I also hope the worst for the driver of the Fountain! What bothers me is that a nine year old was riding a standup, and in a high traffic section of the river. This in no way lessens the responsibility of the Fountain driver, since it would no doubt have happened even if a 50 year old were on that jetski, but as a father, there's no way I would have put my boys in that situation. It's a terrible situation all around... I hope the boy finds the help and foster parents he needs to have a good life.

RitcheyRch
08-13-2007, 07:10 AM
Ditto that due to being lost for words. Not much more can really say other than what has already been said. Sure hope they find that guy in the boat.
First off, kudos to you and the off duty police officer for responding upon impact. :)
Very sad for the little boy !!................he will be in our thoughts and prayers !! :)

GHT
08-13-2007, 07:47 AM
I just hope the 9 yr old boy is taken care of by someone and he is afforded all the chances and opertunities most kids are.
I hate hearing about this kind of Sh1t. I pray they find the Fountain...:mad:

Magic34
08-13-2007, 07:59 AM
On this site, we all give eachother a hard time in good fun. It is probably the coolest bunch of internet nerds that you will ever find. :)
In all my years of being on here, it has been rare when the entire community of ***boat should step up as a whole. Even when one of our own members had passed, not everyone got invovled, which is OK and acceptable. Usually, there are a lot of people behind the scenes off of the boards, such as family members there to cope with the loss.
However, this story is absolutely horrible. These people were not even part of our community, but we MUST do something.
Donations, time, food, anything... Hoatboat we must stand up.
This little boy, is sitting empty. No mother, no father, no grandma, no grandpa. No one to call his own. No parent to kiss him goodnight. No parent to make his lunch for school. No mom or dad to take him to baseball or football. If he played, all the other parents are cheering their kids on, where are his?
This SUCKS!!!!
I'm rambling here, but who knows why the kid was on a jet ski. Sounds to me like he had enough pain every day from the other tragic loss that his dad was trying to make every day fun, I dont know.
To those other members really willing to adopt him... If you do, whatever, and I mean whatever you may need I will make it my promise to help with anything. Anything... If the kid needs money, I will donate. If he needs more than I can give, I will organize a fundraiser and get him money. Whoever adopts him, you are my hero, and I mean that!
I have so many ideas that can help this kid somewhat get that easier break he so much deserves. I just dont know where to begin.
This is the time to show what the people of this site are made of.
I hope they find the Fountain, but right now F#$& the Fountain. Let's make life better for this boy if that is even possible.

Opinionated
08-13-2007, 08:02 AM
Great post.

Dave C
08-13-2007, 08:06 AM
the owner of that fountain is a selfish dick...:mad: I hope they find him and
string him up by his nuts........ this sort of shiat pisses me off:mad: :mad:
come on guys... help this poor kid get some justice. ASK AROUND to all your buddies. There cannot be too many Fountains out there that the HB community does not have any contact with. someone has to know something, they just have to be found and put in contact with the po po.

Quest4Fun
08-13-2007, 08:15 AM
Well said Magic34...I'm in as well as far as helping this boy out. Like I said before, I have a 9 year old boy and this situation breaks my heart.
As far as the Fountain owner, it is probably sitting in a garage or storage somewhere in Havasu. Someone has to know something. The Havasu paper should run a follow up story so maybe someone will come forward with information.

Magic34
08-13-2007, 08:17 AM
The Fountain will be found... In time, it will be found.
We need to find that boy!!!!
If he doesn't have an aunt, uncles or anyone, there are 2 willing families here that are making an untimate decision and would adopt him into a loving home.
I dont know where to start to find him though.
Anyone closer to the story can do better than I can.

boatsnblondes
08-13-2007, 08:19 AM
Oh, and Magic, your my hero bro....good for you, great post....

HocusPocus
08-13-2007, 08:21 AM
it breaks my heart to imagine what this little boy is going thru and without any family support. i just hope the foster parents he has now are supportive of his needs at this moment in his life.

blackcloud75
08-13-2007, 08:24 AM
I am the paramedic/firefighter who pulled the man out of the water on Thursday August 9 at approximatley 3:30.
My family and I were sitting on the west beach about 2 miles south of Topock Marina. I saw a man and his son on two separate old style stand up Jet Skiis heading south toward Havasu Lake. At the same time a man was driving a 27 foot Hallet at approximatly 35 miles per hour down the middle of the river when another boat, the Fountain, came upon him at a very rapid speed (approximatley 70 miles per hour). The Fountain boat that I saw was between 27 - 30 feet long, all white in color except for a very large "Fountain" written on the side of the boat in red and black.
Due to the position that our boat was sitting on on the beach and the fact that we were sitting in beach chairs eatting our lunch, we were unable to see or hear the actual impact approximately 200 yards away.
An off-duty LA County Sherrif's officer who was sharing the same stretch of beach that we were on approximately 200 yards to the south saw and heard the collision. The officer was unable to get his boat off the beach so he ran to us asking for a phone to call for help. At that time my wife and I, along with the officer, jumped into our boat to help the man. We came upon the man in the Hallet, who had witnessed the accident and turned around to help, holding the injured man's head out of the water. He had also put the man's son into his boat. I dove into the water and found the man not conscious or breathing. With the help of the other two men we were able to pull the man into the back seat of our boat and assess his injuries. He had two blown pupils, no spontanious respirations, and no corotid pulse. He had blood coming from his facial injuries.
We immediately headed for Topock Marina and yelled for people to call 911. At that time I gave a description to their dispatch of what happened and the description of the boat.
Two more pontoon style boats that were headed up river helped the man with the Hallet to retrieve the Jet Skiis and bring the young boy to the Marina. The father stayed in the boat for approximately two hours after being pronounded dead by paramedics at scene. Then there was a lengthy investigation from both San Bernadino Sheriff and Mohave County Sheriff's office. We were then followed back to the scene of the accident by the San Bernadino Sheriff for pictures and measurements of the scene.
Sorry
Jeff
Sad story.....
We all definitely need to step-up for the young boy.....
Cory

BrendellaJet
08-13-2007, 08:25 AM
where do we send the money?

Magic34
08-13-2007, 08:27 AM
it breaks my heart to imagine what this little boy is going thru and without any family support. i just hope the foster parents he has now are supportive of his needs at this moment in his life.
Every post makes me feel even worse.
In times of extreme sadness and tragedy, he has to get comfort from a stranger. No one can make that better, but in the long run, someone can help.

MRSDRMCAT
08-13-2007, 08:27 AM
I can't believe this happened!! Who does that and leaves the scene?? Its scary to think that it actually happens! Third Alarm- Thank god you were there! I feel so sad for the boy! SUCKS!!!

Magic34
08-13-2007, 08:28 AM
where do we send the money?
I'm not the organizer on this, but if anyone wants to donate, I suggest just holding onto that for now and honoring your commitment when it all gets figured out.

Magic34
08-13-2007, 08:30 AM
I'm in it...if someone adopts him, and they are in the Anahiem hills area, my family owns Hillsborough Private Schools..I'm sure we can do something to help out with his education.....:D :D :D
Oh, and Magic, your my hero bro....good for you, great post....
Thanks man, but I dont want that title. I jsut want people to do what's right and in their ability to help. Everyone on this site can help, they just have to step awya from the keyboard and do something about it. Most of the people here will do so.:)

boatseller2
08-13-2007, 08:41 AM
Great post Michael. If there is anything Brett,Ernie or I can do, give us a call down at the shop. God Bless you for the heartfelt post. Bob

Dan Lorenze
08-13-2007, 08:42 AM
I can't believe this happened!! Who does that and leaves the scene??
I would guess a drunk boater that would rather run than do the right thing. IMO the Fountain will show up eventually. I would imagine the Fountain has damage to the hull, so I can see the boat sitting somewhere getting repaired and repainted, at least the Fountain logos. I can't imagine living my whole life knowing that I was involed in a boating accident where a man (father) died and just did nothing.. Very sad..

TheCarDudes
08-13-2007, 08:53 AM
Michael,
Very well said. Having 2 boys of my own at 14 & 15, I can't imagine any other bot noy getting the same opportunities to enjoy life. I share your pain brother.
This little boy needs everyone's help now. Anything you need from me, just call. I'll be trying to keep up but I'll just wait for you to tell me what we are going to do either as a group or individuals, I'm in 200%.
George

Magic34
08-13-2007, 09:03 AM
RTJas or HavasuHangin, this deserves to be stuck at the top please.

lalhc
08-13-2007, 09:15 AM
Very sad story indeed. My wife is contacting some of her friends to see if we know anyone who works for CPS in San Bernardino. We live in Lake Arrowhead and a lot of mountain folks work for the County.

Ivan Dan
08-13-2007, 09:24 AM
This is a terrible tragedy and I truly hope the boy is adopted by a loving and caring family. VERY VERY cool of some of you guys to volunteer that quickly to adopt him.
Does anyone know exactly the way this accident occured? We are so quick to condemn the driver of the Fountain but as far as I've read I haven't heard any details or who was at fault. Either way not stopping was completely wrong and he will pay for that. Is there any chance that he didn't know this happened?
<---- Not defending the guy just playing devils advocate for a second because we haven't heard exact details and HB'ers tend to jump the gun a bit and want to burn people at the stake.

Jbb
08-13-2007, 09:25 AM
This is a terrible tragedy and I truly hope the boy is adopted by a loving and caring family. VERY VERY cool of some of you guys to volunteer that quickly to adopt him.
Does anyone know exactly the way this accident occured? We are so quick to condemn the driver of the Fountain but as far as I've read I haven't heard any details or who was at fault. Either way not stopping was completely wrong and he will pay for that. Is there any chance that he didn't know this happened?
<---- Not defending the guy just playing devils advocate for a second because we haven't heard exact details and HB'ers tend to jump the gun a bit and want to burn people at the stake.
I was thinking the same thing....

Downtown42
08-13-2007, 09:32 AM
. Is there any chance that he didn't know this happened?
No way. And you can bet alcohol is involved. Prayers for the little guy.

Magic34
08-13-2007, 09:38 AM
Third Alarm (Jeff),
You and that off duty PO are probably the best chances on fniding out more about the boy than anyone here.
Is there anything else we can do right now?
Oh, and you are the man!

That Guy
08-13-2007, 09:42 AM
On this site, we all give eachother a hard time in good fun. It is probably the coolest bunch of internet nerds that you will ever find. :)
In all my years of being on here, it has been rare when the entire community of ***boat should step up as a whole. Even when one of our own members had passed, not everyone got invovled, which is OK and acceptable. Usually, there are a lot of people behind the scenes off of the boards, such as family members there to cope with the loss.
However, this story is absolutely horrible. These people were not even part of our community, but we MUST do something.
This little boy, is sitting empty. No mother, no father, no grandma, no grandpa. No one to call his own. No parent to kiss him goodnight. No parent to make his lunch for school. No mom or dad to take him to baseball or football. If he played, all the other parents are cheering their kids on, where are his?
This SUCKS!!!!
I'm rambling here, but who knows why the kid was on a jet ski. Sounds to me like he had enough pain every day from the other tragic loss that his dad was trying to make every day fun, I dont know.
To those other members really willing to adopt him... If you do, whatever, and I mean whatever you may need I will make it my promise to help with anything. Anything... If the kid needs money, I will donate. If he needs more than I can give, I will organize a fundraiser and get him money. Whoever adopts him, you are my hero, and I mean that!
I have so many ideas that can help this kid somewhat get that easier break he so much deserves. I just dont know where to begin.
I hope they find the Fountain, but right now F#$& the Fountain. Let's make life better for this boy if that is even possible.
This is simply a great post....really nice sentiment....let us know how we can help...most of us are very fortunate and I believe one of the responsibilities of being so fortunate is to help others when you can...this little guy needs our help.....again, really nice thoughts.:)

lalhc
08-13-2007, 09:47 AM
Here is the # for CPS in San Bernardino:
San Bernardino County CPS (800)827-8724

C-2
08-13-2007, 10:16 AM
There's a good chance the boy has family somewhere - maybe his dad chose not to associate with them, but few people do not have relatives alive somewhere.
It still breaks my heart to read this.:(
If he has family which cannot be found, I'd be willing to help find them.

shrek
08-13-2007, 10:19 AM
My buddy was the guy in the Hallett that helped get the guy out of the water.........and saw the entire thing. He said the guy ran him right over......looked back........and then jabbed the throttle..........and was gone.
Very sad.
I hope this kid is in a decent place right now........
Shrek

Magic34
08-13-2007, 10:21 AM
I just talked to CPS.
For obvious reasons of this sick world, they can’t disclose much of anything to me, but I am awaiting a call back from a supervisor.
I gave them the link to this story and expressed how thoughtful this board is. I explained that many of us are here to simply help any way we can.
This site contains many people. People of all backgrounds and income levels. We can all do something, whether it is a financial commitment or not. I know that we could easily raise over $10k for this little boy.
Someone already expressed a possibility of a free ride at a private school. Maybe someone can get him a free college education.
Whatever it is, the powers here together can help.
I gave them my cell phone and hope to God that they call back and steer us into a direction to help this boy.

Magic34
08-13-2007, 10:22 AM
My buddy was the guy in the Hallett that helped get the guy out of the water.........and saw the entire thing. He said the guy ran him right over......looked back........and then jabbed the throttle..........and was gone.
Very sad.
I hope this kid is in a decent place right now........
Shrek
Can you get a name??? At least the father's name?

C-2
08-13-2007, 10:25 AM
I just talked to CPS.
For obvious reasons of this sick world, they can’t disclose much of anything to me, but I am awaiting a call back from a supervisor.
I gave them the link to this story and expressed how thoughtful this board is. I explained that many of us are here to simply help any way we can.
This site contains many people. People of all backgrounds and income levels. We can all do something, whether it is a financial commitment or not. I know that we could easily raise over $10k for this little boy.
Someone already expressed a possibility of a free ride at a private school. Maybe someone can get him a free college education.
Whatever it is, the powers here together can help.
I gave them my cell phone and hope to God that they call back and steer us into a direction to help this boy.
Tell them I'm onboard too. I can get them from point A to B quicker than any government, or even LEO sources. I'm sure they have already done some door knocks at the residence/neighbors.

shrek
08-13-2007, 10:30 AM
Can you get a name??? At least the father's name?
Here is a post from another thread, that has the victims name:
Oak Hills man killed in hit-and-run boat crash
TOPOCK MARINA — Barry Lamar Pendley, 47, of Oak Hills was killed Thursday when his small personal watercraft collided with a 25- to 30-foot boat on the Colorado River, coroner’s officials reported Friday.
After the collision, the boat fled the scene.
His 9-year-old son, who was a passenger, was rescued uninjured. Pendley had been thrown into the water and was found 30 minutes later in the river. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department is investigating.

Magic34
08-13-2007, 10:35 AM
TOPOCK MARINA — Barry Lamar Pendley, 47, of Oak Hills was killed Thursday when his small personal watercraft collided with a 25- to 30-foot boat on the Colorado River, coroner’s officials reported Friday.
His 9-year-old son, who was a passenger, was rescued uninjured. Pendley had been thrown into the water and was found 30 minutes later in the river. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Great, there is a start.
I was called back within 10 mintues from the SBC Sherrif's office and they got my info from CPS. They informed me to contact the Needles office which I did.
I just hung up with them and I am getting a call back.

Magic34
08-13-2007, 10:37 AM
Tell them I'm onboard too. I can get them from point A to B quicker than any government, or even LEO sources. I'm sure they have already done some door knocks at the residence/neighbors.
With the father's name... Can you do some digging and see where the boy is at or what is going on with him? Maybe where we can start to help?

Magic34
08-13-2007, 10:41 AM
OK... the power of the net is scary sometimes.
Check out this post on OSO....
I believe the boy does have his paternal grandmother, oddly enough I received an email written by the mother of the gentleman that was killed. It was forwarded to me by someone I know in the national Yorkie club, apparently the man's mother has Yorkies and is a member of the club. She sent an email plea out through their network looking for help in finding the driver and the fountain. It was very sad especially about how her grandson had to witness what happened to his father. I just can't believe how much recent hit and run stuff I have read about. Finding the driver will never bring her son back, but it will help with some closure.
This lady sent her an email and I just asked her to have the grandmother contact me.
So, he does have a grandparent alive and we are a step in the right direction.
To that grandmother, if/when you see this, please call me so we can help.
My name is Michael Yanke and my phone # is 602-885-8555
My email is mhyanke@cox.net

C-2
08-13-2007, 10:45 AM
Mother is alive in the desert area, the parties were divorced 6 years ago. Let's see how it shakes out.

MsPatriYacht
08-13-2007, 10:45 AM
I read about this on OSS where they had a link to this site. I am posting to let you know that I am pretty sure the young boy has a paternal grandmother. This morning I received an email written by the mother of the gentleman that was killed. It was forwarded to me by a yorkie breeder. The man's mother is a member of the yorkie club in AZ and sent an email reaching out to her network of dog breeders telling them about the accident and her need to find the man that killed her son. It was a very sad email to read, especially the part about her grandson seeing everything. I have sent her an email telling her how much this offshore and boating communtiy cares and how they are working to spread the word on finding the boat. I have asked her permission to post the email here and to read or post on this thread if she feel up to it. I did not feel it was my place to post on the subject but seeing how it has been assumed the boy has no family I felt compelled to say something.

DSW
08-13-2007, 10:47 AM
This SUCKS!!!!
I think it would be great to start maybe a college fund for the kid. I'd donate.

Magic34
08-13-2007, 10:48 AM
Mother is alive in the desert area, the parties were divorced 6 years ago. Let's see how it shakes out.
Wait, he does have a mother alive?

MsPatriYacht
08-13-2007, 10:50 AM
I believe the boy does have his paternal grandmother, oddly enough I received an email written by the mother of the gentleman that was killed. It was forwarded to me by someone I know in the national Yorkie club, apparently the man's mother has Yorkies and is a member of the club. She sent an email plea out through their network looking for help in finding the driver and the fountain. It was very sad especially about how her grandson had to witness what happened to his father. I just can't believe how much recent hit and run stuff I have read about. Finding the driver will never bring her son back, but it will help with some closure.
This lady sent her an email and I just asked her to have the grandmother contact me.
I must have been typing my post when you were typing this, I will send her your info. I am glad to see how you are all willing to rally behind this young boy

Magic34
08-13-2007, 10:53 AM
I must have been typing my post when you were typing this, I will send her your info. I am glad to see how you are all willing to rally behind this young boy
Thank you

AirtimeLavey
08-13-2007, 10:54 AM
Nice work guys. Great to see the effort and caring here. Hope you can get some solid answers. My hat's off to you. :D :D

C-2
08-13-2007, 10:56 AM
I think it's a moot issue as far as relatives. For that issue, it's probably best if left alone.

MsPatriYacht
08-13-2007, 11:31 AM
I just spoke to Barry's mother and she is having computer problems, she said she has just started to hear about the overwhelming support among the boating community. She was not sure really what to expect and is grateful for the outpouring of support. They have several good leads on the boat and hope that by this weekend they will have the driver. She said her grandson somehow is under the belief that "the bad guys have been caught" and at the moment no one has the heart to tell him differently.
She said Dillon lives with his Mom in CA who has custody, they were divorced by still very good friends. They have a large extended family so the boy will be surrounded by lots of family, the maternal grandmother is in route from MD to be with them. They are from a ranching family (cows and horses) and a cowboy funeral is being planned to be held at Quail Spring Ranch near Kingman AZ. There will be a college memorial fund set up for Dillon at Wells Fargo, and when I get the details I will post them. Marilyn stressed that I say thank you on her behalf for your concern and kindness. She is a widow and like all of us dog lovers, she said her Yorkies have been a big help in her coping with this.

That Guy
08-13-2007, 11:41 AM
I just spoke to Barry's mother and she is having computer problems, she said she has just started to hear about the overwhelming support among the boating community. She was not sure really what to expect and is grateful for the outpouring of support. They have several good leads on the boat and hope that by this weekend they will have the driver. She said her grandson somehow is under the belief that "the bad guys have been caught" and at the moment no one has the heart to tell him differently.
She said Dillon lives with his Mom in CA who has custody, they were divorced by still very good friends. They have a large extended family so the boy will be surrounded by lots of family, the maternal grandmother is in route from MD to be with them. They are from a ranching family (cows and horses) and a cowboy funeral is being planned to be held at Quail Spring Ranch near Kingman AZ. There will be a college memorial fund set up for Dillon at Wells Fargo, and when I get the details I will post them. Marilyn stressed that I say thank you on her behalf for your concern and kindness. She is a widow and like all of us dog lovers, she said her Yorkies have been a big help in her coping with this.
This is at least some good news that he has family. We are definitely in for a college donation for Dillon....

Magic34
08-13-2007, 11:42 AM
Excellent, thanks.
So he has a mother and extended family. Not that the loss of his dad isn't hard, but at least there is more comfort there for him than I initially thought.
God bless that family. This boy witnessed something horrible and I am so glad he has a mother to console him.

Magic34
08-13-2007, 11:45 AM
Now that we know the boy is OK.... Lets get that boat! Lynch Mob in full force.

Quest4Fun
08-13-2007, 11:49 AM
This news brought tears to my eyes. Just knowing that this boy does have his mother to hold him and comfort him rather than him being with strangers is a great relief. It is so unfortunate that he had to witness such a horrific event. I will keep watching for details on Dillon's college fund.

socalmoney
08-13-2007, 12:17 PM
By the end of page 1 of this post, I was thinking how crazy it would be if the parents of that little girl who was killed last month adopted or fostered this little guy. There is a scene in the movie Gandhi where a little boy looses his father in a riot and a father looses a little boy and Gandhi brings the two of them together. Touching scene and this made me think of it.
By page 3 the good news arrives, he has family. We wish him the best. We are sorry for his lost.
josh

squirt'nmyload
08-13-2007, 12:32 PM
thank you third alarm. i can only hope that there would be someone like you around if a tragedy struck to me or one of my family or friends :)

Charley
08-13-2007, 12:41 PM
Very sad story..... My heart goes out to the kid :(
I hope I don't get flamed here for expressing an opinion, but I just don't think a 9 year old should be driving a jetski on that stretch of the river on a weekend with or without a partner.... I know this is a moot point but a 9 year old on a standup ski on that river on a weekend sounds like a recipe for disaster to me :( ... I sincerely hope for the best out of this tragic situation and my apologies in advance if this observation offends anyone.

pixilatedpussy
08-13-2007, 12:54 PM
I come back to read more sad & horrible stuff here?:mad: :( :mad: :( We were out at the river Thursday - Sunday, when for some odd reason my husband decided not to launch Thurs & to drive to Vegas for the night instead.:confused: Go figure.... Of course our boys both wanted to ride the stand up on an off day at the river....but we decided that Vegas would be a nice change of pace. :sqeyes: God works in mysterious ways!
Bless this family & lil boy. :( ;) :)

XFactor
08-13-2007, 12:56 PM
Very sad story..... My heart goes out to the kid :(
I hope I don't get flamed here for expressing an opinion, but I just don't think a 9 year old should be driving a jetski on that stretch of the river on a weekend with or without a partner.... I know this is a moot point but a 9 year old on a standup ski on that river on a weekend sounds like a recipe for disaster to me :( ... I sincerely hope for the best out of this tragic situation and my apologies in advance if this observation offends anyone.
I think he was a passenger Charlie.

RitcheyRch
08-13-2007, 01:02 PM
This is awesome to see how the people on this board can get together and try to help someone in need.

Third Alarm
08-13-2007, 01:25 PM
When I saw the father and son they were riding near the edge of the water. They were at the narrows when the collision happened so they needed to merge over toward the middle.The river was not crowded at all, that area there has to be a 1/4 mile across and only 4 vessels around. It may not be a good idea for a 9 year old to ride solo but the reason for my post was to help the kid of course but to also throw a heads up to everyone to be on the look out for the boat. This thread has been read by over 3 thousand people in less than 12 hours.
I'm sure I will see him in court soon and I can't wait to see justice served.
No thanks is ever needed for what we did, all in a days work. Just remember the next time you hear people bad mouth firefighters, cops and teachers about pay and benifits that all people involved were just that. My wife is a teacher who drove the boat and she is still shaken up pretty bad.
Jeff

Magic34
08-13-2007, 01:25 PM
***UPDATE***
I just spoke with Denise. She is Dylan's mother and is very much still part of this world. They have lived in Apple Valley for a long time.
She has asked me to give a little bit of info and she will be emailing me a statement for here later this afternoon with services info and the college fund info as well.
She is very torn up by this. Denise and Barry were divorced but actually remained the best of friends. A great situation for her kids. Thankfully, she is here and the story, as it remains tragic, at least has a better outcome than initially anticipated.
Barry spent a lot of time on Lake Mead, and I was told that they did not think a Thursday afternoon on the river would be busy. I was told he was a very safe person, and this sounds like huge tragedy. The driver of that Fountain had something to hide.
Barry and Dylan were jet skiing, Dylan was on the bigger ski. They heard the boat coming, and Barry was right next to his son, as it was explained to me. Barry yelled, "Go Right!!!!!" to his son which Dylan did. Dylan went right, and Barry was hit.
Denise also wanted me to thank a special angel. Kim from Riverside, who may had been on the Hallett (I dont know) helped shield Dylan from seeing his father in the condition he was in.
Kim.... Denise is so grateful for you and owes you so much gratitude. She express her love and thanks for your kindness towards her son.
I will post her comments when I receive them via email. She appreciates the support of the kind people on this site.

roostwear
08-13-2007, 01:26 PM
From post#1
"My family and I were sitting on the west beach about 2 miles south of Topock Marina. I saw a man and his son on two separate old style stand up Jet Skiis..."
I don't see anything to flame. That was my concern as well, and though it's extremely tragic, maybe the only good thing to come out of it is a reminder that the age limit is 16, and as the river gets more crowded, we need to be even more careful. It is comforting to know he has family to help him through this.

bonesfab
08-13-2007, 01:27 PM
This board is truly amazing. The amount of support that comes out for someone people don't even know. There are plenty of good peeps on here. Even some of you big time ballers..:) Keep up the good work.....

Big Warlock
08-13-2007, 01:39 PM
Terrible tragedy. Really it is. And great way for the community to stand up to assist.
But I would be remiss not to point a couple things out. We have an eye witness that swears the father and son were on separate, standup jetskis. Then we have a report that the son was a passenger, making it sound like more of a seadoo than the jetski. Then we have a report that the boy has no relatives in the world. Then we find that he has a mother and a grandmother and who knows what else. Kind of see where I am getting at?
We need to find this Fountain to be sure! And he had a legal obligation to stop after the accident. From there the authorities will be the best to handle the investigation, not Hot Boat! As it happens so many times on Hot Boat, there is a rush to judgement, conclusions drawn and a hanging planned. There is so much bad information one doesn't know who to believe.
Good for the boy that he is not orphaned and without a home. Bad that he lost his father. Bad that the driver of the Fountain escaped undetected. For all of us that run that river, you know if he went north or south, what his options would be. From there people need to work in a logical fashion, assisting law enforcement to locate the parties involved so they can investigate. That's it. Report what you know and keep the speculation to a minimum. The eye witnesses conflict with their story. How in the hell is anyone else supposed to know what is going on??
Just my 2 cents.
Flame away!!
Rob

squirt'nmyload
08-13-2007, 01:42 PM
Report what you know and keep the speculation to a minimum.
lol....good one :D

just another payment
08-13-2007, 01:47 PM
Glad to hear the boy does have family.
As far as the boat goes, it will be found, the boating world is a lot more close knit than people know, and I hope justice is served at that time

Magic34
08-13-2007, 01:47 PM
I am a little disturbed with the report that the Ranger gave Jeff. However, it really doesn't matter at this point.
Dylan's mom is there to hold him, send him to school like she did today, and guide him through life. Him losing his father, which he was a big part of their lives, is horrible.
In the end, the outcome is much better than I first read and if there is anything good out of this, it is that. He has a loving home, thank God.

Third Alarm
08-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Since I was there and I lifted the two older stand up style skiis off of two seperate pontoon boats and I saw them riding them this part is not hear say, its a fact.
The Park Ranger was the one that told me the incorrect info about the childs mother and granparents.
The jet ski was almost cut in half so I have a hard time believing that the boat driver didn't know.
Jeff

Magic34
08-13-2007, 02:01 PM
Since I was there and I lifted the two older stand up style skiis off of two seperate pontoon boats and I saw them riding them this part is not hear say, its a fact.
The Park Ranger was the one that told me the incorrect info about the childs mother and granparents.
The jet ski was almost cut in half so I have a hard time believing that the boat driver didn't know.
Jeff
Thanks again Jeff.

DeathFlightMedic
08-13-2007, 02:19 PM
Jeff
Thank you again for stepping in to help, Just goes to show we are never off duty.
Although I wasen't on this one, I relived the medic that was that next morning. He also sends his thanks.

Big Warlock
08-13-2007, 02:25 PM
Jeff
I am not saying your right or wrong. But you did, in fact, report erroneously on here that the boy had no family. We all appreciated what you did, well not the part that got every one stirred up and ready to adopt the boy and such, but the helping out seeing as you're a paramedic and all. No one knows you with 13 posts to your name. The initial post wasn't directed at you as much as directed to the board. Too much speculation. It would appear that the Fountain is certainly suspect. But LE didn't ask for a jury trial on HB. All they asked for was information. All that's required is that the Fountain is found and turned over to LE so they can do their job.

DeathFlightMedic
08-13-2007, 02:35 PM
I am not saying your right or wrong. But you did, in fact, report erroneously on here that the boy had no family. We all appreciated what you did, well not the part that got every one stirred up and ready to adopt the boy and such, but the helping out seeing as you're a paramedic and all. No one knows you with 13 posts to your name. The initial post wasn't directed at you as much as directed to the board. Too much speculation. It would appear that the Fountain is certainly suspect. But LE didn't ask for a jury trial on HB. All they asked for was information. All that's required is that the Fountain is found and turned over to LE so they can do their job.
The Information he was given was correct at the time, and in fact the boy was placed in foster care for the evning untill his family, if any, was located. The man in the crash was not even fully identifed untill the next day.
The outporing of support from the ***boat community is overwhelming, and should be commended, and any effort to find this boat should be commended. The only way it will be found is if somone speaks up.

Big Warlock
08-13-2007, 02:40 PM
The Information he was given was correct at the time, and in fact the boy was placed in foster care for the evning untill his family, if any, was located. The man in the crash was not even fully identifed untill the next day.
The outporing of support from the ***boat community is overwhelming, and should be commended, and any effort to find this boat should be commended. The only way it will be found is if somone speaks up.
Sorry counselor, the information given today was NOT correct. It has been five days since the accident and the boy has been reunited with his family. In the meantime, SPECULATION, RUMORS, and other OBJECTIONABLE actions have been started on this forum which has caused many people to react, become emotionally involved and killed the credibility of at least one "eye witness." I know you boys don't get involved in too many legal matters, but your not helping the situation at all. Nor the investigation! Stick the problem at hand. Find the Fountain! And try not to convict anyone along the way regarding matters and procedures that don't require your attention.

Racer277
08-13-2007, 02:44 PM
The only way it will be found is if somone speaks up.
Or when they drag it up off the bottom of the lake.

DeathFlightMedic
08-13-2007, 02:51 PM
Sorry counselor, the information given today was NOT correct. It has been five days since the accident and the boy has been reunited with his family. In the meantime, SPECULATION, RUMORS, and other OBJECTIONABLE actions have been started on this forum which has caused many people to react, become emotionally involved and killed the credibility of at least one "eye witness." I know you boys don't get involved in too many legal matters, but your not helping the situation at all. Nor the investigation! Stick the problem at hand. Find the Fountain! And try not to convict anyone along the way regarding matters and procedures that don't require your attention.
I find it hard to believe the credibility of the eye witness has been compromised. He brought everything to verify his story to the Topock marina. The members of this forum reacted to the percepted needs of a little boy, The reaction would have been no different if the story had been reported on the evening news, but then we wouldn’t be taking about credibility of witnesses or the overreacting viewers.
Unfortunately due to the area, no real news station gets any information about what happens on the river unless it Brad and Angelina going to get coffee at the Havasu Starbucks. We rely on open forums like this to get the information that we need, and like the news initial reports are usually wrong.
So thank you for caring and wanting to help this little boy in his time of need, humanity is a good thing now and then.

Big Warlock
08-13-2007, 03:11 PM
I find it hard to believe the credibility of the eye witness has been compromised. He brought everything to verify his story to the Topock marina. The members of this forum reacted to the percepted needs of a little boy, The reaction would have been no different if the story had been reported on the evening news, but then we wouldn’t be taking about credibility of witnesses or the overreacting viewers.
Unfortunately due to the area, no real news station gets any information about what happens on the river unless it Brad and Angelina going to get coffee at the Havasu Starbucks. We rely on open forums like this to get the information that we need, and like the news initial reports are usually wrong.
So thank you for caring and wanting to help this little boy in his time of need, humanity is a good thing now and then.
I am appreciative that you are new to the boards, so I will try to get my point across again. Our boy Jeff did not come to Topoc with all of the information. If, as he reported, he spent over two hours at Topoc with the body of the father and I have to assume the boy, he was not around when they questioned the boy? If the boy is driving a stand up jetski, at nine years old please note, then we know there is little chance he is in the Helen Keller jetski driver class that day. Which would lead us to assume that he can communicate in some form or fashion. Then one, after spending some time in this moment of tragedy in his life, would ask if he had a Mom, siblings etc etc. Do you get my drift? So no counselor, by posting worthless crap on this forum and getting very good people stirred up for no reason, is not what these forums are all about.
This started with a respected LEO asking for assistance. A simple request. People on here know just about everyone. And that is what makes this whole thing so puzzling. Trust me, something is not right with this whole situation. I find it hard to believe that a Fountain could dissapear from the group of people on this forum. Too many of us out there and too many of us know most of the boats around us and that go past us (or we pass ala KILRTOY). The truth will come out. And, believe it or not, we will still be amazed that someone wasn't being totally truthful, etc. etc. Happens all the time here.
Welcome to Hot Boat!

Glamasu
08-13-2007, 03:33 PM
From post#1
"My family and I were sitting on the west beach about 2 miles south of Topock Marina. I saw a man and his son on two separate old style stand up Jet Skiis..."
I don't see anything to flame. That was my concern as well, and though it's extremely tragic, maybe the only good thing to come out of it is a reminder that the age limit is 16, and as the river gets more crowded, we need to be even more careful. It is comforting to know he has family to help him through this.
I'm sure his mother will feel the same way

Third Alarm
08-13-2007, 03:43 PM
Big Warlock
I gave the information that I had and and asked for help from the people on the board to keep an eye out. Since you seem to know the story I'll step aside and let you take the wheel. Yes I don't post very often because of all of the bitching here I can't stand.
So thanks to all the great people who helped today.
Big Warlock is now in charge. He knows everything!!!
Jeff

River Lynchmob
08-13-2007, 03:49 PM
Big Warlock
I gave the information that I had and and asked for help from the people on the board to keep an eye out. Since you seem to know the story I'll step aside and let you take the wheel. Yes I don't post very often because of all of the bitching here I can't stand.
Jeff
Touche Jeff

Third Alarm
08-13-2007, 03:50 PM
Also Big Warlock I did spend two hours at he marina because he was in my boat. I seperted the son and father on purpose so the son would not need to look at his dead father. The son was brought into the marina on another boat and kept at distance by P.D. and then taken into the resteraunt due to he thought his father was at the hospital.
Jeff

DeathFlightMedic
08-13-2007, 03:52 PM
Big Warlock
Jeff
I second that, I bow to the Post Master Warlock and his assumptions about that tragic day. It was like he was there and helped you pull him of the water.
You are right, I also didn’t post much because of the arrogance of some, and that I often didn’t have anything to say. But now I do. And I hope one day to have as many posts as him.
Until then, Thank you Jeff for taking action to save a life instead of just posting about watching it happen.
Hellen Keller........god you are an ass

ULTRA26 # 1
08-13-2007, 04:08 PM
I am appreciative that you are new to the boards, so I will try to get my point across again. Our boy Jeff did not come to Topoc with all of the information. If, as he reported, he spent over two hours at Topoc with the body of the father and I have to assume the boy, he was not around when they questioned the boy? If the boy is driving a stand up jetski, at nine years old please note, then we know there is little chance he is in the Helen Keller jetski driver class that day. Which would lead us to assume that he can communicate in some form or fashion. Then one, after spending some time in this moment of tragedy in his life, would ask if he had a Mom, siblings etc etc. Do you get my drift? So no counselor, by posting worthless crap on this forum and getting very good people stirred up for no reason, is not what these forums are all about.
This started with a respected LEO asking for assistance. A simple request. People on here know just about everyone. And that is what makes this whole thing so puzzling. Trust me, something is not right with this whole situation. I find it hard to believe that a Fountain could dissapear from the group of people on this forum. Too many of us out there and too many of us know most of the boats around us and that go past us (or we pass ala KILRTOY). The truth will come out. And, believe it or not, we will still be amazed that someone wasn't being totally truthful, etc. etc. Happens all the time here.
Welcome to Hot Boat!
warlock,
This isn't the thread that was started by LE. Instead, True Story About The Death On Thursday
It would be nice if you lightened up a bit.

boatsnblondes
08-13-2007, 04:12 PM
I'll say this...when the thread was started, the info available was the best there was. I am proud of all of you for your sincere willingness to go that extra mile. When Christ said "Life is for giving, not for taking" I'm sure he meant moments and people like you....:)

phebus
08-13-2007, 04:44 PM
Time to regroup, no sense bitching about things that really don't matter. :mad:
Bottom line is that now that the boy is taken care of, would one of you ballers please adopt me? :D ( a little humor, I hope)

rrrr
08-13-2007, 04:45 PM
Jeezus......:rolleyes:

BIGRRNU
08-13-2007, 04:47 PM
This SUCKS!!!!
I hope they find the Fountain, but right now F#$& the Fountain. Let's make life better for this boy if that is even possible.You REALLY are a nice guy,let us know we will help out:) :)

DeathFlightMedic
08-13-2007, 04:54 PM
This SUCKS!!!!
Well said.

DeathFlightMedic
08-13-2007, 04:56 PM
This SUCKS!!!!
Well said.

MR.rvrluvr
08-13-2007, 05:53 PM
I would like to say you are one hell of a guy.....I know you are not saying all this for recognition.....you have a big heart and I think you are awesome.....:)
Big warlock......ok you win you have a bigger penis, now lets get back to whats important and pray this little boy gets through this trajedy.....:devil:
Jeff .....Thanx for the info.....you sir are a good man....:)

tcook33
08-13-2007, 06:27 PM
Very tragic. Prayers sent!

MsPatriYacht
08-13-2007, 06:41 PM
With the help of the other two men we were able to pull the man into the back seat of our boat and assess his injuries. He had two blown pupils, no spontanious respirations, and no corotid pulse. He had blood coming from his facial injuries.
Sorry
Jeff
Wow, I can't believe the tone this thread took:confused: . I was hoping at one point the boys mother and grandmother would want to read this thread and hear the out pouring of support for their son and grandson and the desire of the OS community to find the driver of the boat. Big W I am really not sure why you had to attack someone like Jeff who did everthing he could to try to help and will now have to live with the memory of this his ENTIRE life. Read his post above, he said the boy was taken to the marina on a pontoon while he stayed behind for two hours with the dead mans body, and then spent time afterwards during the investigation. He was not sitting around chit chatting with a kid that just saw his Dad plowed down like you implied. If you want to throw stones you should really read the post more carefully.
It sounds to me like Jeff WAS TOLD by a park ranger about the boys background, lets face it most of us having been told that would take it at face value and post the information, have you never told or posted something that someone else has told you, I would find it hard to believe if you have not. I am new here and will probably not be posting much since I boat on the Great Lakes but I am not new to these web sites so I know how things can get a little mixed up, in this case I think you should be thanking him for helping and hanging in for hours on what must have been one of the worst days of his life. Jeff thank you for everthing you did.

Kyote
08-13-2007, 07:17 PM
Wow, I can't believe the tone this thread took:confused: . I was hoping at one point the boys mother and grandmother would want to read this thread and hear the out pouring of support for their son and grandson and the desire of the OS community to find the driver of the boat. Big W I am really not sure why you had to attack someone like Jeff who did everthing he could to try to help and will now have to live with the memory of this his ENTIRE life. Read his post above, he said the boy was taken to the marina on a pontoon while he stayed behind for two hours with the dead mans body, and then spent time afterwards during the investigation. He was not sitting around chit chatting with a kid that just saw his Dad plowed down like you implied. If you want to throw stones you should really read the post more carefully.
It sounds to me like Jeff WAS TOLD by a park ranger about the boys background, lets face it most of us having been told that would take it at face value and post the information, have you never told or posted something that someone else has told you, I would find it hard to believe if you have not. I am new here and will probably not be posting much since I boat on the Great Lakes but I am not new to these web sites so I know how things can get a little mixed up, in this case I think you should be thanking him for helping and hanging in for hours on what must have been one of the worst days of his life. Jeff thank you for everthing you did.
Thanks Jeff and thanks to all of the folks that did what they could.
God Bless the boy and his family. Tomorrow will be a tough day for them.

just another payment
08-13-2007, 07:47 PM
Thanks Jeff, sometimes you have to take the comments of some with a grain of salt, you know what happened and we thank you for doing what you did, hopefully I will never need that kind of assistance, but it is good to know that there are people like you and many others here on the board that would be willing to help.

WishIknew
08-13-2007, 08:30 PM
Thanks Jeff hope your there if anyone i know ever gets hurt. YOUR A HERO IN MY EYES!!!!!!!!

HemiDude
08-13-2007, 09:05 PM
Speaking to a freind of mine at AZ Fish and Game, they are able to track ARIZONA registrations by manufacturer. however it appears that Calif and Ariz do not have a "shared agreement" on information. It maybe a federal offense since the accident is on "coast guard" waterways, therefore the feds are currently involved. This may speed up the apprehension of the Fountain owner. Be patient, they will find the S.O.B. soon.... for leaving the scene of an accident he faces mandatory jail time. His/her only help would be to turn themselves in before the feds find him to possibly get a shorter sentence..... it's not a pretty scenario for this person, legal defense will be several hundred g's +++, and they will have jail time with either jury or plea....he will also be liable for the child's expenses, if he has the wealth or insurance to cover it.
When caught, this person's life is over as they once knew it.....
God bless the child.

Charley
08-13-2007, 09:15 PM
Did I mis-read the original post?
I saw a man and his son on two separate old style stand up Jet Skiis heading south toward Havasu Lake.

wolfie
08-13-2007, 09:24 PM
Speaking to a freind of mine at AZ Fish and Game, they are able to track ARIZONA registrations by manufacturer. however it appears that Calif and Ariz do not have a "shared agreement" on information. It maybe a federal offense since the accident is on "coast guard" waterways, therefore the feds are currently involved. This may speed up the apprehension of the Fountain owner. Be patient, they will find the S.O.B. soon.... for leaving the scene of an accident he faces mandatory jail time. His/her only help would be to turn themselves in before the feds find him to possibly get a shorter sentence..... it's not a pretty scenario for this person, legal defense will be several hundred g's +++, and they will have jail time with either jury or plea....he will also be liable for the child's expenses, if he has the wealth or insurance to cover it.
When caught, this person's life is over as they once knew it.....
God bless the child.
That is why the selfish bastard left the accident. It was more important for him to keep his life as it is than to stop and help the people he just ran over.

cave
08-14-2007, 04:30 AM
Is possible that someone here on HB who boats there frequently or a local may have pictures of the boat in question from previous river trip pics? Say the last few months.
I cant remember reading an entire thread and being so sad then so pist off. I take a lot of pics when I'm out boating. Maybe someone has a pic and Jeff could ID the boat. Just PM him the pics so there isn't a witch hunt.

deltarat
08-14-2007, 05:57 AM
Is possible that someone here on HB who boats there frequently or a local may have pictures of the boat in question from previous river trip pics? Say the last few months.
I cant remember reading an entire thread and being so sad then so pist off. I take a lot of pics when I'm out boating. Maybe someone has a pic and Jeff could ID the boat. Just PM him the pics so there isn't a witch hunt.
Lets start right here

driverno8
08-14-2007, 06:55 AM
I've been following both this thread and the other one since day one. No words. Until today. Why don't we start a reward fund? I'll personally throw in $1000 to the person who delivers the driver/boat in question. Who's with me?
We can get the college fund going later. Let's catch this guy first.

XFactor
08-14-2007, 06:56 AM
Did I mis-read the original post?
Nope. My bad. I thought the post on page 3 was an update. Not so, just someones speculation.
Thanks to Jeff for his efforts on site and thanks to Magic34 for his efforts to help the boy find comfort during a difficult time. You guys are awesome.

shezamargarita
08-14-2007, 08:49 AM
Hello this is Denise, Dylans' mother. Please anyone with information about this boat contact Needles Sheriff's Department at (760) 326-9200 !!! Our family is greiving this loss of a wonderful man who deeply touched any one that knew him... I would like to thank everyone who helped my son and Barry that tragic afternoon. My thoughts and prayers are with each and everyone of you. A trust fund is already set up for Dylan Lamar Pendley at Wells Fargo Bank. We are having a memorial Sunday,August 19,2007 at 1:00pm at Quail Springs Ranch Kingman Arizona. God bless Denise

Big Warlock
08-14-2007, 08:55 AM
Big Warlock
Jeff
Sorry I was out of the loop for most of the evening. Sorry Assclown (Jeff) you did not post here asking for help. you posted here to give your BS side of the story and you got caught!!! You stirredup a bunch of crap and got people worked up over things you know nothing about. It's clowns like you that ruin it for everyone! You have embelished the truth and probably are known for that. Stick to what you know, which is apparently very little.

Big Warlock
08-14-2007, 08:56 AM
Also Big Warlock I did spend two hours at he marina because he was in my boat. I seperted the son and father on purpose so the son would not need to look at his dead father. The son was brought into the marina on another boat and kept at distance by P.D. and then taken into the resteraunt due to he thought his father was at the hospital.
Jeff
Jeeeesh, I thought you were done back there? Also, learn to use spell check there Jeff!!

Big Warlock
08-14-2007, 08:59 AM
I second that, I bow to the Post Master Warlock and his assumptions about that tragic day. It was like he was there and helped you pull him of the water.
You are right, I also didn’t post much because of the arrogance of some, and that I often didn’t have anything to say. But now I do. And I hope one day to have as many posts as him.
Until then, Thank you Jeff for taking action to save a life instead of just posting about watching it happen.
Hellen Keller........god you are an ass
Don't give in, just go away!!! Both of you. You weren't asked to give your BS opinions and embelish the truth. You were asked to locate a boat!! Can you stick to what needs to be done? You act like you guys were in charge??? LISTEN UP!!! YOU WERE NEVER IN CHARGE!!! YOU ARE NOT PART OF THE INVESTIGATION. PLEASE STOP WASTING OUR TIME ON THESE FORUMS!! Is that clear enough for you morons??? :eek:

Big Warlock
08-14-2007, 09:00 AM
I would like to say you are one hell of a guy.....I know you are not saying all this for recognition.....you have a big heart and I think you are awesome.....:)
Big warlock......ok you win you have a bigger penis, now lets get back to whats important and pray this little boy gets through this trajedy.....:devil:
Jeff .....Thanx for the info.....you sir are a good man....:)
You sir, can't read and comprehend!!! :)

meaniam
08-14-2007, 09:04 AM
This started with a respected LEO asking for assistance. A simple request. People on here know just about everyone. And that is what makes this whole thing so puzzling. Trust me, something is not right with this whole situation. I find it hard to believe that a Fountain could disappear from the group of people on this forum. Too many of us out there and too many of us know most of the boats around us and that go past us (or we pass ala KILRTOY). The truth will come out. And, believe it or not, we will still be amazed that someone wasn't being totally truthful, etc. etc. Happens all the time here.
Welcome to Hot Boat!
I see this as not the thread to start this . I think it is inappropriate. I find myself relived that the boy has family. Knowing that does not change the pity I have for the boy. as now the sons life will be forever impacted, and is now on a different course. It does not change the fact in my mind, that there is someone still out there that needs to be questioned. Or that a boy watched his father get smashed. and I am sure most of the h.b. community feels the same. So lets remove the spot light on you calling others out over minor problems as this story unfolds. And get refocused on the tragedy here. a 9 year old lost his dad. who was hit by another boat going far to fast. That never stopped. This boat and this driver needs to be found. and for those that want to help the family with donations. We will need that info.
I am sure no matter what this kid will still need all of our help.

Big Warlock
08-14-2007, 09:06 AM
Hi Jeff's Mom, nice of you to join us! Again, read the complete thread. I am sure the boy's mother is not so thrilled that the people assisting didn't try to communicate with her and kept her boy over night or nights because they couldn't figure how to ask him if he had a mother or not. Nor would she be thrilled that they set up the "adoption" plan five days after the accident. Nor does she want to hear about Jeff's opinion's on who should be riding around on jetskiis at what age, etc etc. Sorry. I can sit by for so long before calling an assclown an assclown. Been here alot longer than you guys have and I will be here after you people have used this forum to get what you personally want from it. Attack away, but you can Kiss my azz with your BS on here. No one asked you to be in charge of anything. No one asked for your side of the story. If you have a side, I am sure the authorities have that story already. I have tons of questions I would love to ask. However, I am not a part of the investigation. All LE has asked of us is to assist in locating a boat. It seems to be very specific. It also seems weird that it seems to have dissappeared. And at least one eye witness has been proven to be a liar. Now where would you like to go from here????:mad:

ULTRA26 # 1
08-14-2007, 09:09 AM
Warlock,
This thread is no place for calling people names or calling them out. If you would have read the last post, from the young boy's mother, you would have known this. You may have a BIG WARLOCK, but clearly you have no class.
The young boy's mother has joined us as well.
You are an embarrassment to the Hot Boat comminity.
__________________________________________________ _________
Denise,
The comments form Big Warlock are not Representative of the many caring and compassionate folks here on Hot Boat.

Big Warlock
08-14-2007, 09:15 AM
Read the whole thread assclown. This specific thread was set up for "other" reasons. Has nothing to do with the child and the loss of his father. You probably supported the "sunk the boat" stuff as well. Reading and comprehension is the problem here, along with your inability to spend the time to read the complete thread.
Oh, if you had been here more than a day you would know I don't own a Warlock.
Now be a good boy and read the thread and explain to the Mom how they had her son almost adopted, kept him overnight, or nights, (according to Jeff and the boys) because he "had no kin" and erroneous information dissimenated through out the thread. Maybe that's how you operate. That is how Hot Boat operates much of the time. But that's not how I operate. Truth will come out. I am anxious as anyone to here the truth.

Big Warlock
08-14-2007, 09:22 AM
I see this as not the thread to start this . I think it is inappropriate. I find myself relived that the boy has family. Knowing that does change the pity I have for the boy. as now the sons life will be forever impacted, and is now on a different course. It does not change the fact in my mind, that there is someone still out there that needs to be questioned. Or that a boy watched his father get smashed. and I am sure most of the h.b. community feels the same. So lets remove the spot light on you calling others out over minor problems as this story unfolds. And get refocused on the tragedy here. a 9 year old lost his dad. who was hit by another boat going far to fast. That never stopped. This boat and this driver needs to be found. and for those that want to help the family with donations. We will need that info.
I am sure no matter what this kid will still need all of our help.
I am very moved by this as well. More than you could know. I was horribly moved by the girl killed recently in the same area. I was moved by the outpouring of support of those who swear not to drink and drive. I do not drink and drive. I never, ever have a drink of any kind on my boat while driving. I am the designated driver.
What I am tired of is people using these forums for their personal gain, attention, etc. etc. What this specific thread did is horrible. And I know that many on here agree with me. And I will call out those that lie, cheat and steal for their own gain. And I will not let people join up on the same day to push their BS on here. That has been my record in the past and will be in the future.
This thread was started by a guy who has not told the truth. That does not assist anyone. He did it for attention and kudos which many jumped in totally with him. There are many questions. They are fair to ask. It is not fair to embelish the truth and put out false information.

Mrs.Racer277
08-14-2007, 09:23 AM
Read the whole thread assclown. This specific thread was set up for "other" reasons. Has nothing to do with the child and the loss of his father. You probably supported the "sunk the boat" stuff as well. Reading and comprehension is the problem here, along with your inability to spend the time to read the complete thread.
Now be a good boy and read the tread and explain to the Mom how they had her son almost adopted, kept him overnight, or nights, (according to Jeff and the boys) because he "had no kin" and erroneous information dissimenated through out the thread. Maybe that's how you operate. That is how Hot Boat operates much of the time. But that's not how I operate. Truth will come out. I am anxious as anyone to here the truth.
I am really hoping we can move on now:confused: :confused:

Big Warlock
08-14-2007, 09:25 AM
I am really hoping we can move on now:confused: :confused:
I promise I am trying. Really I am. :mad:

Rexone
08-14-2007, 09:33 AM
It continues to amaze me the level of disrespect some members of this forum can exhibit bickering and trading jabs, name calling, in the wake of these types of sensitive events. Some people just gotta be right at all costs.
Big thumbs down from me, not that anyone gives a shit. :(

ULTRA26 # 1
08-14-2007, 09:36 AM
Now be a good boy and read the tread and explain to the Mom how they had her son almost adopted, kept him overnight, or nights, (according to Jeff and the boys) because he "had no kin" and erroneous information dissimenated through out the thread. Maybe that's how you operate. That is how Hot Boat operates much of the time. But that's not how I operate. Truth will come out. I am anxious as anyone to here the truth.
It matters not what you believe the purpose of this thread is about please see the post from the boy's mother.
Hello this is Denise, Dylans' mother. Please anyone with information about this boat contact Needles Sheriff's Department at (760) 326-9200 !!! Our family is greiving this loss of a wonderful man who deeply touched any one that knew him... I would like to thank everyone who helped my son and Barry that tragic afternoon. My thoughts and prayers are with each and everyone of you. A trust fund is already set up for Dylan Lamar Pendley at Wells Fargo Bank. We are having a memorial Sunday,August 19,2007 at 1:00pm at Quail Springs Ranch Kingman Arizona. God bless Denise
Warlock,
Thanks for being so understanding

cab_01
08-14-2007, 09:45 AM
Very happy to hear the boy has family. I still can not imagine the pain he is feeling.
Jeff thank you for providing the information that you had.

Big Warlock
08-14-2007, 09:48 AM
Very happy to hear the boy has family. I still can not imagine the pain he is feeling.
Jeff thank you for providing the information that you had.
Big warlock you are a d i c k and a disgrace to the human race.
Did I spell everything correctly?
Good job!! Better than most. Better luck with comprehension!!! :D

Rexone
08-14-2007, 09:50 AM
Gentlemen I ask you out of respect for the victims family to dispense with the bickering and name calling and possibly re-evaluate what you have posted in that regard. We do have an edit function that still works on the website I think. ;)

AirtimeLavey
08-14-2007, 09:54 AM
It continues to amaze me the level of disrespect some members of this forum can exhibit bickering and trading jabs, name calling, in the wake of these types of sensitive events. Some people just gotta be right at all costs.
Big thumbs down from me, not that anyone gives a shit. :(
I agree. It's amazing at times. Talk about trying to get some attention. Some Prozac might be in order if you're still having a hard time, BW. I usually try to stay out of the shiat-stirring, drama seekers' convos like this, put Big Warlock is over the top.
There is something to be said for getting the correct info, but you have to take it all in context and look at the big pictue as well. Thank goodness Jeff was there and willing to get involved. I'm glad he posted what he did, and I was very impressed and heartened with the response of a few on this board.
It takes time for facts to come out clearly. That's no reason to blast someone who was extremely helpful, and passing along what he had heard first hand. Geez, I'm not even going to continue to defend Third Alarm and DFM - they don't need my help. I'm glad they're here and hopefully, they continue to contribute to this forum. My hat's off to both of you.
B.W., take a chill pill, or go workout or something. Maybe learn to express yourself with a little bit of tact. Please, stop posting this mis-placed antagonistic crap in this thread. Have a good day.

Debbolas
08-14-2007, 09:54 AM
I'm so sorry for what your son has been through. My family prayers are with you and your family.
Please excuse certain members of this forum, sometimes they don't use common sense.
Deb

meaniam
08-14-2007, 09:55 AM
B.W come on man.
i still think the 1 witness has value to this case. lots of things could get mixed up here moments after the tragedy. i speculate there was alot of confusion, at the time of the accident. maybe questions to the boy about his other family could have been to much for a child in shock. this is why we have cps and people like such. it can take them days to figure it all out. the community here saw a child in need. people here were willing to drop what they were doing and willing to help an anyway.
if the shoes were on my foot. and i was killed. (which is what scares the shit out of me and having a kid.) i would find relief in other's looking out for the welfare of my child and his or her best interest. i have seen alot of people on here willing to put their priorities to the side in times of tragedy. and this places also has very hearty people that offer mental support. which is a great thing.
B.W. you maybe ruining a good thing here with deathflight and other public service people here. we are all with flaws. and the deathflight guy is one i would like to keep around. these 2 stories over the past week have made me rethink what i already thought was me being safe. and will slow down me and my group of people even more. cause you just never know what maybe there.

Big Warlock
08-14-2007, 10:02 AM
B.W come on man.
i still think the 1 witness has value to this case. lots of things could get mixed up here moments after the tragedy. i speculate there was alot of confusion, at the time of the accident. maybe questions to the boy about his other family could have been to much for a child in shock. this is why we have cps and people like such. it can take them days to figure it all out. the community here saw a child in need. people here were willing to drop what they were doing and willing to help an anyway.
if the shoes were on my foot. and i was killed. (which is what scares the shit out of me and having a kid.) i would find relief in other's looking out for the welfare of my child and his or her best interest. i have seen alot of people on here willing to put their priorities to the side in times of tragedy. and this places also has very hearty people that offer mental support. which is a great thing.
B.W. you maybe ruining a good thing here with deathflight and other public service people here. we are all with flaws. and the deathflight guy is one i would like to keep around. these 2 stories over the past week have made me rethink what i already thought was me being safe. and will slow down me and my group of people even more. cause you just never know what maybe there.
I actually have had several PMs of support from different members. I understand many of you cannot understand my anger at false information. There are many questions that I have. I am not investigating this thing, so I do not ask. I believe in the authorities.
Please understand that many people join up one day and claim to be whomever they would like you to believe they are. I also understand that many of us have trouble with spelling and grammar etc. etc. But take that into context.
This specific thread was not started to ask for assistance. Please read the first post.
In any event, the truth is what is required here. I for one would like that to come out. I also believe in the authorities who will look into all this. My belief is that there is much more to the story than has come out. And, being hot boat and all, I am fairly confident it will come out.
I am sure many of you will be thankful that I have to go for the rest of the day. Business calls, thankfully for many of you I am sure. I did promise at least one member I would try to tone it down. So I shall.

HM
08-14-2007, 10:15 AM
I actually have had several PMs of support from different members.
I sent BW a PM in support of his view on this. I think people are trying to crucify him for questioning the credibility of the witness as if he is some kind of insensitive a-hole just trying to cause problems. The whole "family" error is HUGE in my book and immediately justifies questioning everything this person has to say. It does not make the accident any less tragic or make someone insensitive just because they question someone's credibility, especially after it is discovered that part of the story was flat out untrue. Everyone is expected to just go along because it is a tragic accident. BW has been on this site for a long time and while I don't agree with him 100% of the time, I know he would be someone that would come to my aid if I was in trouble on the river.

boatsnblondes
08-14-2007, 10:20 AM
Gentlemen I ask you out of respect for the victims family to dispense with the bickering and name calling and possibly re-evaluate what you have posted in that regard. We do have an edit function that still works on the website I think. ;)
I second that.....;)

Batsfly
08-14-2007, 10:33 AM
Maybe we can narrow down what the Fountain looks like
Look at
http://powerboatlistings.com/view/4070
(can anyone who knows how to post the photo, do so)

Old Texan
08-14-2007, 10:49 AM
$ .02 worth:
Jeff was at the scene and even with his training witnessed a horrible tragedy that most of us will never be subjected too. He has carried this "burden" with him since and his post was meant to tell the story of what he saw and what he experienced. His erroneous statement of the boys family situation was just a repeat of informantion he was given from a LE officer and was never spoken as a "lie". He is reaching out to the forum as a form of dealing with this bad situation.
WL is right about respect and jumping to conclusions and starting rumors and etc., but he is wrong in condemning Jeff and others for using this forum for personal gain or "kudos". They in my opinion were doing nothing of the sort and only told what they had experienced and thought to be factual as they received information.
Let's take a big deep breath and concentrate on the matter at hand, providing support for this dear boy and his family and finding the lowlife vermin that caused this tragedy so he may receive the severe punishment he deserves.

Froggystyle
08-14-2007, 12:01 PM
We, as a group are a very charitable organization. We want to believe in the best of intentions, and have done so in the past, being quick to respond with assistance, encouragement, advice and even money on many occasions. We have also been duped.
Interlopers have gotten in here, sent up a plea and gotten help immediately, in some cases even in very hazardous conditions. Intentions were not pure however, and money, time, energy and worst of all enthusiasm was spent, only to find out we had the wool pulled over our eyes.
All have had a few things in common... a great story, hardship, children and few witnesses... none that were known to us anyway. Many followed up with alias screennames that thanks to some of the more Blues Cluesy members were followed up on and brought to light. Several different people pop to mind here of course. We felt cheated by all of them.
I don't have the time to research IP addresses, follow up on public records etc... I come on here and try to be a positive member, provide some good information or at least some comic relief and have thoroughly enjoyed meeting everyone in person. Great community.
Rob (Big Warlock) is one of the most generous people I know. He is quick to help a friend, has helped many ***boaters with huge donations to the Desert Storm charities and others and is a smart, self made businessman. I have a huge amount of respect for him, and can see his side in this.
I agree that it appears inappropriate to criticize or even suggest that Jeff might not be telling the whole truth. He jumped in and did the right thing apparently, and though he may not have gotten the whole truth, he just relayed what he knew as fact. It was inaccurate though, and spooled up a lot of us immediately.
I think that Jeff aside, there is a lot more to this story than we have heard. I think that Rob feels the same way and is hoping that someone who knows the story from the LE side of the equation will come on with some illuminating information and try to keep us focused on the important stuff.
Right now, I am having a hell of a time imagining a 30' Fountain disappearing into thin air in the northern part of the lake/river. Doesn't seem likely. There is literally one or two places they could even pull out at, and every launch ramp I have been to recently wrote down the reg numbers when I got there.
I see Jay working hard to find this asshole, many others on this thread and others trying to find the boat and even more out here in the background trying to figure out the real, whole story and where any help they can provide will fit in.
I wouldn't be quick to burn Rob if I was you guys. He is one of the best guys I have met from the boards, and I would give him the benefit of the doubt. Conversely, while I don't know Jeff, he and the other guy did the right thing when they needed to, and I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt as well. While his information relayed at the beginning of the thread appears to have been inaccurate, the recount of the accident sure did seem like a court statement, and when we found out that part of it was wrong, it does certainly throw many of the other "facts" laid out into question and will inspire scrutiny at the least.
Back to the shadows here for me. I am finally slammed building boats.

PaPaG
08-14-2007, 12:23 PM
Rex, with all this anger do you think they can find the Edit button? I hope so.

Third Alarm
08-14-2007, 12:36 PM
Big Warlock,
What I don't understand is what I have to gain from this incident?
Have you ever held a dead person in your arms while there family pleads with you and God to save there loved one? Well I have hundreds of times. On that afternoon I did not really want to hear his son screaming for help and ask me to save his daddy but I did. I did not want to leave my two daughters on the beach alone with some one I did not know but I did. I did not want to get his blood all over me but I did. I did not want to help P.D. put Barry into a body bag but I did. I did not want to spend 30 min cleaning old dryed up blood off of my upholstry but I did. I did not want to spend 4 hours with this incident but I did.
I WANTED TO SPEND SOME TIME AWAY FROM WORK, RELAX ON THE BEACH EATING AND PLAYING WITH MY KIDS BUT I DID NOT.
What have you done to help in any of this?
I don't need or even want thank you from anyone, I don't need recognition for my efforts as I stated in this post prior. I don't see my self as a hero and never will. A hero is a person who does not know what it is that they are doing and respond using good judgment not an education.
But I do resent the fact that I'm being lamb basted by you. Have I done something wrong to you or do you drive a Fountain boat aprox 27-30 feet long?:idea:
All that I wished for was for the boys well being and catch the hit and run driver.
What questions do you have Big Warlock.
Jeff

Rexone
08-14-2007, 12:41 PM
Rex, with all this anger do you think they can find the Edit button? I hope so.
Good question on that.
Questioning I can go along with although there is no motive I can see for the thread starter to fabricate anything and no gain (such as the sunk the boat thread for example). Sounds like he got incorrect info from the LE at the scene and nothing more. Lots of incorrect info flys around in the midst of chaos and emergencies. Just check any breaking news story on how many times the story changes as to number of this and that before the final story comes out. It's the nature of developing stories as more accuracy and facts are discovered. But when the name calling and so on starts any respect for the victims pretty much has gone out the window. I had to recheck the thread title bar for a minute to make sure I hadn't stumbled into the PR or BR forum in error. :)

Seadog
08-14-2007, 01:08 PM
I think BW has some valid questions, but has gone totally wrong in his questioning. The first casualty in any crises is the truth. There is too much speculation and miscommunication flying about to know what is fact. Professionals try to decipher the facts as best they can, but mistakes are going to be made. We are all madder than hades that someone has used what we love to kill another human being, and a loved father of a young child at that. Even more so, we cannot direct this anger because the vile excuse for a mammal has found a way to disappear with his weapon. And the longer it takes, the more likely that he will continue to get away with it.
Speculation of where he has hidden the boat is useless. The police will be methodical in that. The question is how safe is the hidding place and how did he get it there in the first place? The only thing that I would be worried about is whether or not the asterick has connections that are more interested in helping him out, than the death of a good person.
It is events like this that make me long for vigilantism. A public hanging or stoning would go a long way to get the point across. It is wrong of me, but I sometimes hate playing by the rules when I see those who flaunt them.

02HoWaRd26
08-14-2007, 01:16 PM
THIRD ALARM, did the boat you saw look like either of these boats, they are looking for a pic and since you were an eye witness maybe you will know if it was one of these, so that they can be put on fliers and on the television.
http://www.powerboatlistings.com/powerimg/m/4070/Full_view.jpg http://www.lakeracerllc.com/PokerRuns/spring2007/ds070454.jpg

LHC30Victory
08-14-2007, 01:19 PM
It is events like this that make me long for vigilantism. A public hanging or stoning would go a long way to get the point across.
I think many of us understand your desire for vigilantism but you quite correctly caution yourself (and others) at the start of your post against this very thing:
The first casualty in any crises is the truth. There is too much speculation and miscommunication flying about to know what is fact.
Lets all calm down, think (instead of react) and work with the system for a positive outcome for both the investigation and the surviving son.

Quest4Fun
08-14-2007, 02:28 PM
Denise, Our thoughts and prayers go out to you, Dylan and your family. There are a lot of us keeping our eyes out for that boat.
Which branch of Wells Fargo Bank is handling the trust fund for Dylan?? Or can any Wells Fargo be contacted?
RIP Barry

Big Warlock
08-14-2007, 02:43 PM
Big Warlock,
Have you ever held a dead person in your arms while there family pleads with you and God to save there loved one? Well I have hundreds of times. On that afternoon I did not really want to hear his son screaming for help and ask me to save his daddy but I did. I did not want to leave my two daughters on the beach alone with some one I did not know but I did. I did not want to get his blood all over me but I did. I did not want to help P.D. put Barry into a body bag but I did. I did not want to spend 30 min cleaning old dryed up blood off of my upholstry but I did. I did not want to spend 4 hours with this incident but I did.
I WANTED TO SPEND SOME TIME AWAY FROM WORK, RELAX ON THE BEACH EATING AND PLAYING WITH MY KIDS BUT I DID NOT.
I don't need or even want thank you from anyone, I don't need recognition for my efforts as I stated in this post prior. I don't see my self as a hero and never will. A hero is a person who does not know what it is that they are doing and respond using good judgment not an education.
But I do resent the fact that I'm being lamb basted by you. Have I done something wrong to you or do you drive a Fountain boat aprox 27-30 feet long?:idea:
All that I wished for was for the boys well being and catch the hit and run driver.
Jeff
Jeff:
For the record, you have no idea who I am, but I shall help you out my friend.
Death? I was a 1st LT executive officer with the 2nd ACR in the first Desert Storm. I have killed more people than you know and been shot at, messed with etc. etc. Picked bodies up off the battlefield, etc etc. You are welcome to review my military record at my office anytime!!! I am well decorated and my secretary of 15 years, SSG Petrie with MI, will guide you through what you would like to know. So nice try, but don't go there.
Boat? You will find me on one of three. If you spent anytime on here you would know what I drive and where I am. 18 foot Duffy, 38 foot Donzi ZX, and a 50 foot Betram that, because of the 68,000 lbs, is left in Mexico with it's crew. So nice try insinuating I own a Fountain!! :devil:
This thread was never about you asking for assistance. That was a separate thread started by a law enforcement officer. You and the air evac gentleman have suggested that you were in charge of the investigation. (Read the part where you turned it over to me!?) You were the one who initially presented the "truth about what happened on Thursday." So what was your point of the thread?
I think you started the thread to ensure that everyone here knew you were the party that made the "rescue / recovery." I was ok until you were found to be less than truthful. Your comments were out of line and only added distraction to the issue at hand. I also now, with others, question whether you saw a "Fountain" or what you exactly saw, if anything. Again, I do not want to speculate and the investigators are on this. But your posting testimony on here will be traced back to you, if you are who you say you are, I would be concerned as your story does not gel well with the incident.
Concerns: Was it a Fountain? What happened to the Hallet? Did you give a statement to authorities? Did anyone confirm your story or have the same or similar story? Was the boy on his own stand up jetski or on a SeaDoo with his father as reported by others?
Many people on this board know everything about boats, and most boats in the area and the west coast. This Fountain does not seem to exist. My theory, knowing nearly nothing, is that it doesn't. It's another boat all together. And you may have lost the culprits by sending everyone on a wild goose chase. But I am confident that LEOs are already on this theory after this many days. Again, I do not know who they questioned or info they have. They simply asked for our help to locate a boat. I don't think that boat is the one based on how is vanished into thin air. someone would have seen it pass the sandbar, or pull out at a ramp, or something. Too many of us.\
I won't accuse you of anything. But my advise would be to take caution with everything else you write in public. And, fyi, a copy of this has already been saved if you think about deleting it.
Good luck! Any other questions you can PM me and we can chat on the phone.
Rob

meaniam
08-14-2007, 03:08 PM
jeff i think people question how it is id as a fountain. they are also asking for you to look at the picture posted to help determine what you saw. the fourm here show fountain written in several sizes and style in diffrent locations on the boat. if fountain was written at all. any help here can go along ways.
the fourm is after the same thing as you.
justice.
if i remember right you stated you were not paying attention,. and you saw the aftermath when the other man (off duty cop) stated what he saw. then you 2 headed out to assist. this could clear things up

ULTRA26 # 1
08-14-2007, 03:24 PM
Big Warlock,
If you look real hard I believe you will find a post or two from people on the Hallett who confirm Jeff's version of the collision. People on the Hallett witnessed this as well and, it is my understanding, have spoken with LE.
Coming here and bragging about killing more people than Jeff knows could not have been any more inappropriate.
With all of your knowledge and wealth, surely you understand. Please leave it alone.
Thank you

Third Alarm
08-14-2007, 03:47 PM
The top boat is a very close match to what I saw except the boat was all white and the writing on the boat was the same size and color inside of a red oval.
The same boat that was ID by an off duty sgt LA sherrifs oficer and the boy, the man in the Hallett and the two pontoon boats that stopped to help.
We are all positive!!!
The collision was seen and heard by the off duty Sherrif along with tha man in the Hallett and the boy.
I saw the boat twice that day. The first time about 20-30 min prior going up river and the last time going down river.

Third Alarm
08-14-2007, 03:55 PM
Big warlock
Who was ever less than truthfull? Not me I presented the facts that were given to me by a PARK RANGE. This was the truth until some good people on this site found out differently.
Reguardless I tryed my best to help witch is alot more than I can say for you.

eman1625
08-14-2007, 03:58 PM
Welcome to Hot Boat!
Way to turn a good deed into a pissing contest:devil:

Kristie
08-14-2007, 03:59 PM
1st off Jeff God Bless you and your family for being there when you were! My name is Kristie, I live in Maryland. I am the Aunt of the boy who was with his father when he died :-( I wanted to let you all know that some FACTS about this story. The 9 year old boy does in fact have a mother, she is alive and doing fine, she picked Dylan up about 3 hrs after the accident. I'm not sure about the "parents dieing" story...both his mother & Fathers parents are still alive and are with him now. Our Family is in much mourning :-(( We don't have any details about the driver of the boat other than what has been posted....it is hard to believe that someone "drove" away and left my bother-n-law for dead and my nephew all by himself. This sardines me to think that someone could do something so heinous!!! Please keep your thoughts and prayers with us. Thank you all for all your kind words. Keep asking around too, maybe we can help the police figure this out....my hopes are the police are not trying to "hide" this guy
Thanks again Jeff.... you are an angel

Kristie
08-14-2007, 03:59 PM
1st off Jeff God Bless you and your family for being there when you were! My name is Kristie, I live in Maryland. I am the Aunt of the boy who was with his father when he died :-( I wanted to let you all know that some FACTS about this story. The 9 year old boy does in fact have a mother, she is alive and doing fine, she picked Dylan up about 3 hrs after the accident. I'm not sure about the "parents dieing" story...both his mother & Fathers parents are still alive and are with him now. Our Family is in much mourning :-(( We don't have any details about the driver of the boat other than what has been posted....it is hard to believe that someone "drove" away and left my bother-n-law for dead and my nephew all by himself. This sardines me to think that someone could do something so heinous!!! Please keep your thoughts and prayers with us. Thank you all for all your kind words. Keep asking around too, maybe we can help the police figure this out....my hopes are the police are not trying to "hide" this guy
Thanks again Jeff.... you are an angel

Kyote
08-14-2007, 04:01 PM
Big Warlock,
If you look real hard I believe you will find a post or two from people on the Hallett who confirm Jeff's version of the collision. People on the Hallett witnessed this as well and, it is my understanding, have spoken with LE.
Coming here and bragging about killing more people than Jeff knows could not have been any more inappropriate.
With all of your knowledge and wealth, surely you understand. Please leave it alone.
Thank you
Well, Big Warlock, what is a "a 50 foot Betram". Is it a 'Bertram'? Are you lying to us?
BTW- I too have served. We talk amongst ourselves but we never boast or post our experiences on a public forum. Are you looking for some kind of recognition. You are doing exactly what you are bashing Jeff for!!!!!

Jbb
08-14-2007, 04:01 PM
..my hopes are the police are not trying to "hide" this guy
:jawdrop:

pixilatedpussy
08-14-2007, 04:23 PM
Everyone quit bitching.......................A man died & some azzhole ran! A boy lost his daddy! :mad: :( Keep to the subject!:(
I'd like to think what Jeff did is the same any of us would have done! Thankyou for your heroism.;)

Pheelin Phroggy
08-14-2007, 04:23 PM
So.... this could go on for years... I am going to say my .2 worth and move on...
WTF.. you both either are/or have spent several years of your lives serving the people of this great country, honorably and with the upmost courage, of which I will personally thank both you for, should we ever actually meet (and I am conscious). But because of this, I have always expected professionals such as yourselves to conduct themselves at higher standard than your typical GED holder (not bagging, I am one). You both have demonstrated Honor, Courage, and Commitment in what you do. As far as I can remember "bickering and accusation" are not desirable traits for either profession, which you seem to have lowered yourselves to over "an account of an accident". Don't get me wrong, I have nothing but admiration for both of your achievements, but you guys sound like a 80 year old married couple! Get over it.
Is is my humble opinion that because this has escalated to the point where two professionals display undesireable traits, that a truce be called and this thread should be ended, ... as I see no further value in it existence.
I have said my piece and will return to my humble existence as a "fairly recently" retired U.S. Army Infantry 1SG.

RitcheyRch
08-14-2007, 04:28 PM
Ditto that. Need to stay on topic or one of the mods will lock this thread.
Everyone quit bitching.......................A man died & some azzhole ran! A boy lost his daddy! :mad: :( Keep to the subject!:(
I'd like to think what Jeff did is the same any of us would have done! Thankyou for your heroism.;)

Redwing247
08-14-2007, 05:08 PM
You tell 'em momma...:D :D

Third Alarm
08-14-2007, 05:16 PM
I'm in for that, in my wildest dreams I would have never thought it would elevate to this.
I'm sorry that I let it come to this but for some reason I am emotionly charged.
So once again I apoligize to anyone that I may have offended.
I gave it my best.
See you on the water.
Jeff

Kristie
08-14-2007, 05:25 PM
Jeff Please don’t apologize for anything you have done, for you have done enough good to know that what some people say on these things are ______ well I’ll leave that blank, being the lady I am…. however Actions speak louder than words, Your actions have spoken and WE the family members are truly grateful!

CBadDad
08-14-2007, 05:38 PM
Big Warlock,
Jeff
This is what I was thinking about while I was reading this thread...Thanks bro, I know what you mean.
As far as Big Warlock goes, I'm still not clear on why all of this hostility, but I don't read everythread on here, so I may be missing something. Although I do not agree on how he has gone about it, this is the internet, so all is fair game.
BTW- I too have served. We talk amongst ourselves but we never boast or post our experiences on a public forum. Are you looking for some kind of recognition. You are doing exactly what you are bashing Jeff for!!!!!
Shit, I didn't even think there were any shots fired in DS1 :D
About the Fountain. I haven't seen many, but I could easily see how they (or any boat for that matter) could get back to the launch ramp and get it out of there before the authorities know what they're looking for anyways.
What a sad thread. :(

HOOTER SLED-
08-14-2007, 05:44 PM
Jeff:
Death? I was a 1st LT executive officer with the 2nd ACR in the first Desert Storm. I have killed more people than you know and been shot at, messed with etc. etc. Picked bodies up off the battlefield, etc etc. You are welcome to review my military record at my office anytime!!! I am well decorated and my secretary of 15 years, SSG Petrie with MI, will guide you through what you would like to know. So nice try, but don't go there.
Boat? You will find me on one of three. If you spent anytime on here you would know what I drive and where I am. 18 foot Duffy, 38 foot Donzi ZX, and a 50 foot Betram that, because of the 68,000 lbs, is left in Mexico with it's crew. So nice try insinuating I own a Fountain!! :devil:
This thread was never about you asking for assistance. That was a separate thread started by a law enforcement officer. You and the air evac gentleman have suggested that you were in charge of the investigation. (Read the part where you turned it over to me!?) You were the one who initially presented the "truth about what happened on Thursday." So what was your point of the thread?
I think you started the thread to ensure that everyone here knew you were the party that made the "rescue / recovery." I was ok until you were found to be less than truthful. Your comments were out of line and only added distraction to the issue at hand. I also now, with others, question whether you saw a "Fountain" or what you exactly saw, if anything. Again, I do not want to speculate and the investigators are on this. But your posting testimony on here will be traced back to you, if you are who you say you are, I would be concerned as your story does not gel well with the incident.
Concerns: Was it a Fountain? What happened to the Hallet? Did you give a statement to authorities? Did anyone confirm your story or have the same or similar story? Was the boy on his own stand up jetski or on a SeaDoo with his father as reported by others?
Many people on this board know everything about boats, and most boats in the area and the west coast. This Fountain does not seem to exist. My theory, knowing nearly nothing, is that it doesn't. It's another boat all together. And you may have lost the culprits by sending everyone on a wild goose chase. But I am confident that LEOs are already on this theory after this many days. Again, I do not know who they questioned or info they have. They simply asked for our help to locate a boat. I don't think that boat is the one based on how is vanished into thin air. someone would have seen it pass the sandbar, or pull out at a ramp, or something. Too many of us.\
I won't accuse you of anything. But my advise would be to take caution with everything else you write in public. And, fyi, a copy of this has already been saved if you think about deleting it.
Rob
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I think you should change your name to Big Ego. Dude, move on. FYI. This thread isn't about YOU. Take the cock fest somewhere else. Ridiculous.

ratso
08-14-2007, 05:46 PM
As far as Big Warlock goes, I'm still not clear on why all of this hostility, but I don't read everythread on here, so I may be missing something. Although I do not agree on how he has gone about it, this is the internet, so all is fair game.
Shit, I didn't even think there were any shots fired in DS1 :D
. :(
He's killed more people than we'll ever know...
They were all fired by him... with a silencer so nobody heard any shots... a modern day ninja...;)
Glad I don't have a trailer house he can burn down.

Third Alarm
08-14-2007, 06:01 PM
When I spoke to P.D. at Topock they did say it could be tough due to less manning during the week and that there are atleast 10 launch ramps down river plus some private ramps
1. Windsor 2 ramps
2. crazy horse
3.the island
4.site 6
5. casino on ca side
6.black meadow
7.cat tail
8. springs
9.unk
10.unk
I was on some guys cell phone aprox. 10-15 after the collision and gave the Dispatcher a pretty good discription of the boat.
Could he have found some of the reeths and hid it in there. But then there would be a trailer and vehicle in a parking lot.
Jeff

CBadDad
08-14-2007, 06:23 PM
I bet I could make it to the Island in 30 minutes from Topock, and I ain't got no Fountain.
Another half an hour and the perp is on the road. I'm sure a boat like that is in covered storage.
You know that just because dispatch has the info, it takes a while for it to get to all of the other agencies.
Just some thoughts.

ratso
08-14-2007, 06:24 PM
It seems that the more time that goes by, the less of a chance they find this person... I didn't go back and read every post again, but was there more than one person on the Fountain? Too bad someone couldn't have followed the boat. :(

Captain Stubing
08-14-2007, 06:46 PM
The boy was 9 years old and mother and grandparents were killed a few years back in a car accident. There are no next of kin.
:jawdrop: Oh my god!

Havasu1986
08-14-2007, 06:50 PM
:jawdrop: Oh my god!
Keep reading Capt. Stubing....Theres a better ending. ;)

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
08-14-2007, 06:56 PM
all I can say is wow, sorry for the lost my heart goes out to him and his family as far as the rest of the BS:mad: come on

Ziggy
08-14-2007, 06:57 PM
It seems that the more time that goes by, the less of a chance they find this person... I didn't go back and read every post again, but was there more than one person on the Fountain? Too bad someone couldn't have followed the boat. :(
The more the Po-Po canvas storage facilities and the word gets around more, someone is going to know who's boat this is, that is not just an everyday boat....

CBadDad
08-14-2007, 07:07 PM
The more the Po-Po canvas storage facilities and the word gets around more, someone is going to know who's boat this is, that is not just an everyday boat....
Ya, but if they have a 64' deep drive thru garage like you do, then they are in the clear until things quiet down a bit. Then get it out of the area and get it painted, no one is the wiser.
What kind of boat do you have again Zig?

Havasu1986
08-14-2007, 07:20 PM
Ya, but if they have a 64' deep drive thru garage like you do, then they are in the clear until things quiet down a bit. Then get it out of the area and get it painted, no one is the wiser.
And I thought my 57' garage was deep. But it does have a bathroom and shower. :D

OC28HEAT
08-14-2007, 07:34 PM
Jeff:
Rob
I got all teary eyed and shit reading this. Kind of like when I saw a few good men with Jack is on the stand
so I just got to ask
"BIG WARLOCK DID YOU ORDER THE CODE RED?"
We want the truth

Jordy
08-14-2007, 07:46 PM
so I just got to ask
"BIG WARLOCK DID YOU ORDER THE CODE RED?"
We want the truth
You know, I've yet to post in this thread, but as much as it pains me, there are quite a few inconsistancies in this "true" story, as Big Warlock has pointed out. No next of kin, stand up jet-ski, passenger on a sea-doo... There is MUCH, MUCH more to the story, but in typical ***boat forum fashion, the jury is already in and it was a drunk guy in a Fountain. :notam:
Dare I say hold your judgments as there is much, much, much more to this story that I'm certain will unfold in short order, just like it always does around here.
And no, I don't own a beak boat. Save it. ;)

hazard
08-14-2007, 08:01 PM
Before you all jump on Big Warlocks ass, I too found the initial response a little fishy.
Wether or not the whole truth was known, whenever someone starts talking about money (setting up a college fund of private school fund) and then several "new" members make posts suporting the idea, I get suspicious. Much like the Later situation.
I have no doubt the story is true about the wreck, etc, but I see why it may sound fishy to people on the board. Anyway, back on topic.

Ziggy
08-14-2007, 08:11 PM
Did someone add onto my garage for me or what? :D:D
My point is that its not exactly the most common vessel in our waters so sooner or later someone will recall seeing it or knowing who owns it just by the description.
same as your boat but better looking ;):D:D

hot_diggity_dog
08-14-2007, 08:57 PM
QUOTE=Jordy;2732201]You know, I've yet to post in this thread, but as much as it pains me, there are quite a few inconsistancies in this "true" story, as Big Warlock has pointed out. No next of kin, stand up jet-ski, passenger on a sea-doo... There is MUCH, MUCH more to the story, but in typical ***boat forum fashion, the jury is already in and it was a drunk guy in a Fountain. :notam:
Dare I say hold your judgments as there is much, much, much more to this story that I'm certain will unfold in short order, just like it always does around here.
And no, I don't own a beak boat. Save it. ;)[/QUOTE]
At the same time a man was driving a 27 foot Hallet.
We came upon the man in the Hallet, who had witnessed the accident and turned around to help, holding the injured man's head out of the water. He had also put the man's son into his boat. Has the Hallet owner made a statement? Will he be our newest member with some new info?
We immediately headed for Topock Marina and yelled for people to call 911. What about the peeps at Topock we all know they are Hot boat Friendly and even have a website and not one person has come forward with their account of the situation? http://www.topocksandbar.com/
At that time I gave a description to their dispatch of what happened and the description of the boat.Which dispatch Topock Marina, the LEO or the people calling 911 you yelled at?
Two more pontoon style boats that were headed up river helped the man with the Hallet to retrieve the Jet Skiis and bring the young boy to the Marina. Where's the (2) Pontoon owners did they make a statement? Will they be our newest member's with some new info?
The father stayed in the boat for approximately two hours after being pronounded dead by paramedics at scene. My name is Kristie, I live in Maryland. I am the Aunt of the boy who was with his father when he died :-( I wanted to let you all know that some FACTS about this story. The 9 year old boy does in fact have a mother, she is alive and doing fine, she picked Dylan up about 3 hrs after the accident.
So the mother picked up the boy three hours after the initial accident?
Then there was a lengthy investigation from both San Bernadino Sheriff and Mohave County Sheriff's office. We were then followed back to the scene of the accident by the San Bernadino Sheriff for pictures and measurements of the scene.
Sorry
Jeff This was posted 3 day's later???
Jeff, Unkown Hallet, Unknown Pontton #1, unknown Pontoon #2, People who helped at Topock Marina, Off Duty LEO, and all the others who helped
THANK YOU
When I first read this I asked my wife of 22 years as we are childless to adopt this young boy:rolleyes:
Jordy not to take anything from all who helped, but something just isn't right with this.:rolleyes: :sqeyes:
My thoughts are with all in this very touchy situation
Hot (Not getting the full picture right now) Diggity Dog

AzLakeLizard
08-14-2007, 09:14 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I think you should change your name to Big Ego. Dude, move on. FYI. This thread isn't about YOU. Take the cock fest somewhere else. Ridiculous.
AMEN

Rexone
08-14-2007, 09:28 PM
forum gets jacked up sometimes. I deleted the dups.

Miss Perfect
08-14-2007, 09:29 PM
hit the button 1 time got 7,FORGIVE ME:( :idea:
It's all good. We'll blame it on HB :D

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
08-14-2007, 10:56 PM
forum gets jacked up sometimes. I deleted the dups.
good

Jordy
08-15-2007, 12:12 AM
Jordy not to take anything from all who helped, but something just isn't right with this.:rolleyes: :sqeyes:
I'm with you Glenngi, as is Big Warlock. A HUGE thanks go out to all those who have helped in the last couple horrible havasu incidents, and it's not my intention, nor his, to take away any of their heroics. The underlying problem is we've all seen this too many times before and as aways, nobody knows all the details, but the tribal, adoption, fundraiser, whatever, drums are already beating... That's the point.
Let's, as a group, sit back, let the facts roll in, and then assess judgment... The jumping to conclusions mat is just getting out of hand around here. You people need more pieces of flair. :D :D :D

RidinRed
08-15-2007, 12:30 AM
.....You stirredup a bunch of crap and got people ....... You have embelished the truth .....
what about spellcheck? want to see the rest of your own errors? feel free to read your's in this thread alone.
This gets embarrassing after awhile for most of us. I agree with so many of the level headed folks here. Prayer, and some attention while on the water is all the community needs to not only help with matters like this but, protect us and our families.
Now please warlock, stop running up your post count with childish banter.

Ziggy
08-15-2007, 09:26 AM
I'm with you Glenngi, as is Big Warlock. A HUGE thanks go out to all those who have helped in the last couple horrible havasu incidents, and it's not my intention, nor his, to take away any of their heroics. The underlying problem is we've all seen this too many times before and as aways, nobody knows all the details, but the tribal, adoption, fundraiser, whatever, drums are already beating... That's the point.
Let's, as a group, sit back, let the facts roll in, and then assess judgment... The jumping to conclusions mat is just getting out of hand around here. You people need more pieces of flair. :D :D :D
Is that even an option here on HB? I mean, never in the years have I not seen conclusions jumped upon......regardless of what or who it is about the bandwagon fills up before the first page of any thread is full.
It's true that facts need to be obtained in order to make a clear assessment and 3rd alarm brought in some facts as he saw and heard them at the time. I doubt he has any ill intensions but others might try to ride that wave of sorrow behind him. I understand where BW thoughts are but his tact is lacking IMO.
The fact remains that a man has been killed, leaving behind a son that witness this event.
The world does not revolve around ***boat forums so wondering where the Hallet driver or pontoon boat owners are, or more like why he hell haven't they posted here on HB is silly, we are a tiny percentage of all the boaters on Havasu and adjoining lakes/river.
Let the LE do their job, support efforts to locate the perp and stop bagging on each other when the ultimate goal is common amoungst us all.

ranskimmie
08-15-2007, 09:52 AM
Hi Denise,
its me Kim, I just want to let you know my husband and I are doing everything we can to get the phone # of the witnesses. They are very sweet people and very willing to help. I am so thankful I was able to be there for your beautiful son Dylan at such a horrible time in his life. He truely touched my heart the moment I saw him in the pontoon with the witnesses until the moment you picked him up at the Sherriffs station that evening. I think of the both of you everyday and am praying they find this crook. It will happen!! Hold tight and remember I am here for you and Dylan (my little buddy) always!!
Your new friend,
Kim

Havasu Luvr
08-15-2007, 10:51 AM
Hi Denise,
its me Kim, I just want to let you know my husband and I are doing everything we can to get the phone # of the witnesses. They are very sweet people and very willing to help. I am so thankful I was able to be there for your beautiful son Dylan at such a horrible time in his life. He truely touched my heart the moment I saw him in the pontoon with the witnesses until the moment you picked him up at the Sherriffs station that evening. I think of the both of you everyday and am praying they find this crook. It will happen!! Hold tight and remember I am here for you and Dylan (my little buddy) always!!
Your new friend,
Kim
Hmmm?:idea: You just went through 9 pages and you didn't see that one of the wits posted this thread.... wait til BW see's this:sqeyes: :(
BTW, WELCOME to the boards

ULTRA26 # 1
08-15-2007, 12:27 PM
Hmmm?:idea: You just went through 9 pages and you didn't see that one of the wits posted this thread.... wait til BW see's this:sqeyes: :(
Sounds like the new member might be referring to the folks on the Toons.

ranskimmie
08-15-2007, 12:27 PM
Ummmm...Im brand new to this board and have no idea what a wit is nor do I know what BW is. If you have any questions regaurding my honesty Im sorry. I am only here for the victims family and trying to help out. And believe me every sheriffs officer and victoms advocate that was involved with this case has ALL of my personal info.

topless
08-15-2007, 12:33 PM
Ummmm...Im brand new to this board and have no idea what a wit is nor do I know what BW is. If you have any questions regaurding my honesty Im sorry. I am only here for the victims family and trying to help out. And believe me every sheriffs officer and victoms advocate that was involved with this case has ALL of my personal info.BW is BigWarlock and he's been rather rude in this thread and wits are just that ya know, trying to be witty. Nothing directed at you personally. I'm glad you were there for Dylan and I'm sure his family will be forever grateful.

Rexone
08-15-2007, 12:54 PM
Is that even an option here on HB? I mean, never in the years have I not seen conclusions jumped upon......regardless of what or who it is about the bandwagon fills up before the first page of any thread is full.
It's true that facts need to be obtained in order to make a clear assessment and 3rd alarm brought in some facts as he saw and heard them at the time. I doubt he has any ill intensions but others might try to ride that wave of sorrow behind him. I understand where BW thoughts are but his tact is lacking IMO.
The fact remains that a man has been killed, leaving behind a son that witness this event.
The world does not revolve around ***boat forums so wondering where the Hallet driver or pontoon boat owners are, or more like why he hell haven't they posted here on HB is silly, we are a tiny percentage of all the boaters on Havasu and adjoining lakes/river.
Let the LE do their job, support efforts to locate the perp and stop bagging on each other when the ultimate goal is common amoungst us all.
Excellent... :)

Big Warlock
08-15-2007, 01:39 PM
I saw and posted on the "ABC wants to carry this story" thread. Hopefully this is where Third Alarm comes forward and makes a statement in front of cameras. Now is the opportunity. With his statements on camera it will then allow it to go State wide with coverage and who knows, maybe nationwide? It will be very, very good for the case!

RitcheyRch
08-15-2007, 01:41 PM
Agree and well stated.
I saw and posted on the "ABC wants to carry this story" thread. Hopefully this is where Third Alarm comes forward and makes a statement in front of cameras. Now is the opportunity. With his statements on camera it will then allow it to go State wide with coverage and who knows, maybe nationwide? It will be very, very good for the case!

Ziggy
08-15-2007, 01:43 PM
BW is BigWarlock and he's been rather rude in this thread and wits are just that ya know, trying to be witty. Nothing directed at you personally. I'm glad you were there for Dylan and I'm sure his family will be forever grateful.
Wit=witness in this case Ali...;)

topless
08-15-2007, 01:44 PM
Wit=witness in this case Ali...;)OOPPSY:eek:

Old Texan
08-15-2007, 01:55 PM
OOPPSY:eek:
Maybe if you'd spend less time on ***boat and more time watching Law & Order you'd know these things..............:D :D

topless
08-15-2007, 02:01 PM
Maybe if you'd spend less time on ***boat and more time watching Law & Order you'd know these things..............:D :D
No shit huh?

02HoWaRd26
08-15-2007, 11:02 PM
Well I am just real happy this young man is not all alone, however I feel it is so so so great how so many caring people jumped up to help this young man in a time of need. However I cannot believe how some people can be so so selfish in this thread. The man told of what he was told so sorry the man was given nbad info, we should hang him as well right no... NOW GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE...

BoostedScarab
08-24-2007, 07:00 PM
Ok,...Hello guys,..yes it's my first post. I'm a well respected poster and member of OffshoreOnly.com.....this story was posted on there by an offshoreOnly member......
First and foremost, my prayers are with the the young boy, mother, aunt,..and the rest of the family....your loss is unbelievable........I cant even imagine.
Now,... I registered to HB tonight for one reason....I am so thrown back by BW responses to this thread. It's embarrising to read his posts. Jeff was relaying the info he got,...in NO way do I see an melicious wrong doing,...and it's plain absurd, and soooooo very, very rude to the family members reading these threads to have to deal with this....i'm sorry.
You would NEVER see this on Offshore only......***boat members....first impressions aren't good right now...this guy really got me today....he's not right!!!!
2 messages...
The first for Jeff,..wow.....God Bless ya man!!!!!! We need more people like you around, you DID DO THE RIGHT THING and thats what matters. You get an A+ in my book. I can't imangine how you feel...thats not a good day at the river,..but your a proffesional, it show's in you messages, and how you reacted that day..... (obviously from what I've read BW).
And the second mesasage is for Big Warlock..... wheeew....Ok..because I'm sure your gonna ask....Ex Air Force,(well ranked, and none of your buisness),current aerospace engineer, and owner of a high performance offshore boat, age-36.
No one cares how many people you seen dead or killed,..and in my opinion your a horrible example of our military,...who brags about that shyt? I was tought better then that,...and you should have been too,..your a grown man.
I'll be checking back now and then, ANYONE who would like to comment on this post can email me at BOOSTEDSCARAB@yahoo.com. , or get me on OffshoreOnly.com...same screen name (BOOSTEDSCARAB)
And once again,,there were so many great posts on here that are inspiring, and so well meant,..........so many people offering,..and then you have this jerk off trying to steal the show....I'd get his ass kicked off!!!
Thank you,
Dave

Jbb
08-24-2007, 07:03 PM
Ok,...Hello guys,..yes it's my first post. I'm a well respected poster and member of OffshoreOnly.com.....this story was posted on there by an offshoreOnly member......
First and foremost, my prayers are with the the young boy, mother, aunt,..and the rest of the family....your loss is unbelievable........I cant even imagine.
Now,... I registered to HB tonight for one reason....I am so thrown back by BW responses to this thread. It's embarrising to read his posts. Jeff was relaying the info he got,...in NO way do I see an melicious wrong doing,...and it's plain absurd, and soooooo very, very rude to the family members reading these threads to have to deal with this....i'm sorry.
You would NEVER see this on Offshore only......***boat members....first impressions aren't good right now...this guy really got me today....he's not right!!!!
2 messages...
The first for Jeff,..wow.....God Bless ya man!!!!!! We need more people like you around, you DID DO THE RIGHT THING and thats what matters. You get an A+ in my book. I can't imangine how you feel...thats not a good day at the river,..but your a proffesional, it show's in you messages, and how you reacted that day..... (obviously from what I've read BW).
And the second mesasage is for Big Warlock..... wheeew....Ok..because I'm sure your gonna ask....Ex Air Force,(well ranked, and none of your buisness),current aerospace engineer, and owner of a high performance offshore boat, age-36.
No one cares how many people you seen dead or killed,..and in my opinion your a horrible example of our military,...who brags about that shyt? I was tought better then that,...and you should have been too,..your a grown man.
I won't post here any more but ANYONE who would like to comment on this post can email me at BOOSTEDSCARAB@yahoo.com. , or get me on OffshoreOnly.com...same screen name (BOOSTEDSCARAB)
And once again,,there were so many great posts on here that are inspiring, and so well meant,..........so many people offering,..and then you have this jerk off trying to steal the show....I'd get his ass kicked off!!!
Thank you,
Dave
A well respected poster.... :p
Its a little different here Dave......Unlike OSO, people here are allowed to express they're opinions.....They dont get thrown off for having a differing opinion then the mainstream...or owner..:D
But thanks for droppin by....:D

interested party
08-24-2007, 07:49 PM
Hi,
This is truly a tragic thing to happen. I would like to say that I live next door to the grieving grandparents, who are very much alive. As for the mother of the child,,,she also is very much alive and also grieving and trying to help her son through something very traumatic.
I am so grateful for all of you that are trying to help find these irrisponsible, negligent murderers. How someone can just run away is beyond me.
Thank you for your help and for listening to me
Wanda

Screemy1
08-24-2007, 08:21 PM
off shore only..... hmmm, does that mean that huge off shore power boats actually get used..... off shore????? if they all went off shore, my lil 20' jet boat would feel so inapted in havasu anymore.... kinda like it was about 15-20 years ago.....:idea:

Captain Dan
08-24-2007, 08:25 PM
A well respected poster.... :p
Its a little different here Dave......Unlike OSO, people here are allowed to express they're opinions.....They dont get thrown off for having a differing opinion then the mainstream...or owner..:D
But thanks for droppin by....:D
thrown off, no - lambasted, yes

ULTRA26 # 1
08-24-2007, 08:44 PM
2 messages...
I'll be checking back now and then, ANYONE who would like to comment on this post can email me at BOOSTEDSCARAB@yahoo.com. , or get me on OffshoreOnly.com...same screen name (BOOSTEDSCARAB)
Thank you,
Dave
Welcome to Hot Boat
People don't get booted from HB for being jerk offs.

Third Alarm
08-24-2007, 09:35 PM
Big Warlock,
As You Have Seen I Have Not Been On Here For Pretty Much One Reason And That Reason Is You. Your An Asshole And I Don't Care If I'm "new" To Your Beloved Hot Boat Forum.
All I Ever Wanted To Do Is Help And Your Constant Harasment Is A Big Waste Of Time. I Don't Give A Shit About You And Your Opion Of What And When I Should Do Things Such As Interviews. Since You Seem To Always Have All Of The Answers You Go And Talk To Them.
If You Dont Want To Help Then Just Shut Up!!!
Stop Being So Antagonistic.

C-2
08-24-2007, 10:19 PM
Dave
Looked up your credentials over at OSO....nice post Dave
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
BOOSTEDSCARAB
Mil-Spec
Gold Member
1980 29' Mirage
------------------------------------------------------------
42' Cig taking flight......
Found this on 188th st.com... I have scrutinized it...I think it's actually real....WOW
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Cigarette.jpg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, Dave, you and the neighbor are really rallying the troops and setting the record straight.
Stop dumbing the thread down.:mad:

thatguy
08-25-2007, 06:13 AM
You should stick to OSO, where they obviously tolerate poor spelling and not making a point from their well respected members. Well ranked Air Force officer? What were you, ranked #2 overall in not being able to form a coherent thought?
Well played sir. But don't be too hard on him, thats how Kilr school graduates start out. :D I get the feeling he "lowered" his standards to post here.
36? lets see, I'm guessing master Sgt as an NCO, 2nd louie or captain if an academy grad. Not full retirement. Early out w/ degree? That about right?
Just guessing.
Tommy
Lets get him to go over to thumper.

BoostedScarab
08-25-2007, 08:03 AM
Well ranked Officer? I mentioned nothing about being an Officer.

Ultracrazy
08-25-2007, 08:13 AM
Ex Air Force,(well ranked, and none of your buisness),
:idea:

Jordy
08-25-2007, 10:04 AM
Wow, I'm very impressed. Well ranked, well respected, BLAH BLAH FUKKING BLAH. Go back over to OSO jackass.
Big Warlock,
As You Have Seen I Have Not Been On Here For Pretty Much One Reason And That Reason Is You. Your An Asshole And I Don't Care If I'm "new" To Your Beloved Hot Boat Forum.
You haven't been here, and from a few reports from behind the scenes, it's really starting to seem as though you might not have even been there at the crash. Yeah, you've got some credibility issues. Don't worry, the truth will come out soon enough. ;)
All I Ever Wanted To Do Is Help And Your Constant Harasment Is A Big Waste Of Time. I Don't Give A Shit About You And Your Opion Of What And When I Should Do Things Such As Interviews. Since You Seem To Always Have All Of The Answers You Go And Talk To Them.
You're here to help, but you don't want to do interviews??? Interesting approach. Or could it just be more made up bullshit, much like the rest of your story??? :idea:

Big Warlock
08-25-2007, 10:24 AM
BOOSTEDSCARAB
Mil-Spec
Gold Member
1980 29' Mirage
Wow you have a 27 year old, 29 foot Mirage boat and you are into powerboating? Really? Good thing you didn't get all crazy and stuff into the hobby! :) Why are you on OSO? With that boat you might consider something more like "Make a Wish Foundation." LOL Welcome to Hot Boat!
Big Warlock,
Now my friend Jeff. Hi buddy, nice to see you are back! Yes, you are really being helpful some more I see. The bottom line is as follows:
You came on here to tell the board the "truth" about the accident five days after it happened. You claimed to have spent time with the boy and LEOs at Topoc Marina. But you did not know that the boy had an immediate family nor that his mother was contacted and rushed to pick him up same day. That killed your credibility. That was the initial problem. I did not initially come after you. You decided to challenge me and then your complete story fell apart.
What I believe is you were at the scene. I do not know the extent of your participation, but I do not think it was near the extent you make it to be. I also question whether the boat involved in the collision is a Fountain. The fact that you haven't stepped up to the plate to assist the media in putting together a story on this is troubling. The published reports are not the same as your story. Again, I think there may be some errors in the coroner's report and media reports. But if you had been interviewed by LEOs and the media, maybe those errors would be corrected?
I do believe there were two skiis as your reported. I also believe that you saw a boat, but am unsure of your boating knowledge and ability to distinguish offshore powerboats specifically. (Is it your passion or ???) Not bad or good, it just would help in the credibility issues. And I believe you brought those issues onto your self.
If you want to assist, I believe that there are some in LE that would like to discuss your story with you. I also think it would be helpful. If not, I think you may not have a choice shortly. But I think if you are sincere then some people would appreciate your help. If not, I understand and kind of suspect where this will go anyway. I don't want to drag people into this here on the board, but I have had many interesting conversations in the last week. I am not alone in my thoughts. But I may be the most vocal.
I apologize to you if I hurt your feelings. I hope you can see where I am coming from. I am in communication with others involved, not because I chose to, but because I was asked. And I will do whatever I can to assist. You are welcome to PM me at anytime.
I hope we, as a collective group, can solve this thing and find whomever was involved in this accident and those criminals that left the scene.
Rob

Big Warlock
08-25-2007, 10:25 AM
SB Coroner report
Coroner Case #700706087--On August 09, 2007 at about, 3:00 PM, Barry Lamar Pendley a 47 year old resident of Oak Hills, CA was operating a small personal watercraft northbound on the Colorado River. His 9 year old son was a passenger on the watercraft. Near the entrance to the Topock Marina, a white 25 to 30 foot Fountain Boat, with red and black checkers, occupied by two unknown persons, one female and one male, was south bound. A collision occurred and the boat fled the scene. Mr. Pendley was ejected into the water and was located approximately thirty minutes later in the river and pronounced dead at the scene. The 9 year old small watercraft passenger was rescued from the water uninjured. The San Bernardino Sheriff’s Department is investigating. [081007 0931 SY]

BoostedScarab
08-25-2007, 10:40 AM
Something wrong with a 27 year old powerboat? I bought it for a restoration project,..and happen to like her. I'm on OSO because I like that forum, and there's alot of good info to be had IMHO.
Thank you.

Big Warlock
08-25-2007, 10:42 AM
Please pass this on to everyone you know so justice can be served
On Thursday, Aug. 9, 2007, Barry Lamar Pendley, 47 succumbed to injuries inflicted in a boating accident on the Colorado River near Topock and Needles. His obituary appeared in the August 15, 2007 edition of the Daily Press, Victorville, Calif. Barry was jet skiing on individual skis with his 9 year old son Dylan when a 29 to 30+ foot Fountain (white in color with black and red on the sides with checkers) approached them from behind. Barry was aware of the approaching boat and instructed his son to get out of the way. Dylan turned to the left to avoid being hit and the boat ran over Barry who was killed instantly. There are a number of eye witnesses but thus far the owner and/or passengers in this boat have not been identified. Witnesses have stated the boat was traveling at approximately 70 mph in a 35 mph zone. There is damage on the side of the boat resulting from this accident.
This accident has been classified as a homicide by the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department, at the Colorado River Station. Sgt. Fassari is the lead investigator, Deputy Cron Quist is involved with this investigation also. They can be contacted at - Desk (760) 326-9205, Fax (760) 326-9211.
Because this accident occurred in a recreational area we feel there are probably video pictures pictures, snapshots out there that can identify , cell phone this Fountain and they may not be aware of this incident.
We are of the opinion that by now the boat could possibly have been repaired, or perhaps has been relocated to another area or parked under cover as it has been almost two weeks since the accident.
We would appreciate any action you can take to get the word out to the general public within the Needles (Arizona, Nevada, California) area about this horrendous incident in order to bring this person/persons to justice and for closure to our family.
Please H E L P.

Big Warlock
08-25-2007, 10:43 AM
Something wrong with a 27 year old powerboat? I bought it for a restoration project,..and happen to like her.
Thank you.
If it gets you to the lake and your happy, absolutely nothing wrong with that! Thank you Airman!!! :)

BoostedScarab
08-25-2007, 10:48 AM
Try NCP.=Non Commissioned Poser. Hate to tell you this poser, with a first post such as yours, you have garnered no respect with this crowd. Maybe you should stay home.
Rio
Rio, I could give a rats azz if I have YOUR respect...

Third Alarm
08-25-2007, 10:59 AM
Big Warlock,
First Off Stop With The Friend B.s. Because We Are Not.
Go Back And Read The Very First Post Of Mine And Omit The Part About The Family Members Being Dead, All Of The Blame Can Fall On The Park Ranger At Windsor Beach As We Launched On Aug 12 At Aprox. 0900 Hrs. The Park Ranger In Qustion Was Aprox 60 Years Old With Gray Hair. That Was The Story That Was Told To Me My Wife And My Two Daughters. As To Why I Told This Story 5 Days Later Was Due To I Don't Have A Computer In Havasu. As You Can Clearly See The Post Was Very Late At Night On Aug 12 Due To We Had Just Gotten Home Frome Havasu.
I Know Boats Pretty Well And The Boat Had Fountain Written On The Side Of It In One Foot Letters In Black And Red, The Boat Also Had The Fountain Nose On It.
If The Family Or P.d. Would Like For Me To Give An Interview They All Know How To Get A Hold Of Me.
As To The Part Where Barry Was Taken Out Of The Water Me And My Wife Along With The Lacoso Pulled Barry Out Of The Water Aprox 2 Min Or So After The Collision.
Barry Was Taken Out Of My Boat Aprox 1-2 Hours Later Due To The Sbcoso Boat Had To Drive From The Lake Area To Toppock. It Was Told To Me That Accidents Of The Water Atleast For That Day Was Under Sbcoso Jurrisdiction. Thats Why He Was Not Taken From My Boat And Set On The Dock. They Wanted Barry To Stay On The Water Due The Fact That Is Were The Collision Happened.
Jeff

Wet Dream
08-25-2007, 11:04 AM
Something wrong with a 27 year old powerboat? I bought it for a restoration project,..and happen to like her. I'm on OSO because I like that forum, and there's alot of good info to be had IMHO.
Thank you.
Thats all you can come up with? :mad: Your credibility was questioned and thats all you got? What a doche nozzle. I'm willing to bet that nobody on HB gives a shit about you or your fantacized accomplishments, and the others on OSO roll their eyes and grab the waders when you come around. For the most part, HB is straight up board, we type what we want, and get thrown under the bus sometimes, and then we move on. We don't ( well, most of us don't, we do have a few pansies here) pretend to be all nice and kiss ass and make goody goody posts in fear of getting booted or OFFENDING someone. We really don't boot. F that. Don't like it? Tough shit. Go back to OSO.

thatguy
08-25-2007, 11:24 AM
Well ranked Officer? I mentioned nothing about being an Officer.
Neither did I. I said I would guess master Sgt. as an NCO, 2nd L. or captain if officer. Given your age and early out.
I think you screwed yourself by listing credentials, real or imagined. You gotta jump in fangs first here sometimes or Rio and such will eat you alive.:jawdrop:
I like it. Nobody walks on eggshells here! :D
Tommy

Rexone
08-25-2007, 11:46 AM
You guys just never fockin stop do you. It really is a shame imo that you can't let it go and let LE complete their investigation and have some respect for the families that I'm sure read these threads. You certainly accomplish nothing positive by bitch slapping each other over and over except perhaps make yourselves feel superior. I normally don't comment on these types of behavior because ***boat threads reek of it, but in the case feel compelled to as you ARE hurting the family members involved. And don't seem to give a flying fock. More important to be right I guess. :(

Baja Big Dog
08-25-2007, 11:57 AM
You guys just never fockin stop do you. It really is a shame imo that you can't let it go and let LE complete their investigation and have some respect for the families that I'm sure read these threads. You certainly accomplish nothing positive by bitch slapping each other over and over except perhaps make yourselves feel superior. I normally don't comment on these types of behavior because ***boat threads reek of it, but in the case feel compelled to as you ARE hurting the family members involved. And don't seem to give a flying fock. More important to be right I guess. :(
A-fricken-men..:mad:

Wet Dream
08-25-2007, 12:01 PM
Mike, you're kidding, right? This stuff has been going on long before you or I were here. I may be a little naieve to think that anything on this board is going to affect the investigtion with simple arguements and shitslinging. If there were hard facts or accounts of the accident on here, I'm sure someone of official importance would come along relating to the investigation. As for the family, I'm really sorry about what happened, but your speculating as to what they read. This is ***boat, not CSI or CourtTV.

ULTRA26 # 1
08-25-2007, 12:03 PM
Thank you Rexone

Rexone
08-25-2007, 12:04 PM
Mike, you're kidding, right? This stuff has been going on long before you or I were here. I may be a little naieve to think that anything on this board is going to affect the investigtion with simple arguements and shitslinging. If there were hard facts or accounts of the accident on here, I'm sure someone of official importance would come along relating to the investigation. As for the family, I'm really sorry about what happened, but your speculating as to what they read. This is ***boat, not CSI or CourtTV.
I never said any of this would affect the investigation. I said it was hurting the family members. I'm not speculating as to what they read either. Several of them have posted. So no in answer to your question I was not kidding. And further I think we have some very disrespectful people here on ***boat.

Her454
08-25-2007, 12:06 PM
Mike, you're kidding, right? As for the family, I'm really sorry about what happened, but your speculating as to what they read. This is ***boat, not CSI or CourtTV.
WetDream, regardless of how long the "shitslinging" has been going on here...that doesn't make it right when in fact the FAMILY does read AND post on this board. That is not speculation.
WTH happened to common courtesy and respect anymore?

Jbb
08-25-2007, 12:07 PM
WTH happened to common courtesy and respect anymore?
It got married ...and disappeared.....Hi T...;)

Tom Brown
08-25-2007, 12:07 PM
Mike, does Wet Dream have the same IP address as uLtRaDeNnIs?

Tom Brown
08-25-2007, 12:08 PM
Hi T. :)

Wet Dream
I never said any of this would affect the investigation. I said it was hurting the family members. I'm not speculating as to what they read either. Several of them have posted. So no in answer to your question I was not kidding. And further I think we have some very disrespectful people here on ***boat.
Several? :confused: I guess its all in how you define "several".

ULTRA26 # 1
Again, thank you
As I recall. the mother, an aunt, a neighbor on behalf of a grandmother.
a : more than one b : more than two but fewer than many

Her454
08-25-2007, 12:12 PM
Now thats what I call justifiably splitting hairs. Jeeeeeeeeeeeez. :rolleyes:
It got married ...and disappeared.....Hi T...;)
Not disappeared... just lurk alot nowadays. :) Hi Jbb :D
Hi T. :)
Hi there Tom.:D

Jbb
08-25-2007, 12:14 PM
Now thats what I call justifiably splitting hairs. Jeeeeeeeeeeeez. :rolleyes:
Not disappeared... just lurk alot nowadays. :) Hi Jbb :D
Hi there Tom.:D
She said Hi to ME first ....Brown...........:)

Rexone
08-25-2007, 12:15 PM
Mike, does Wet Dream have the same IP address as uLtRaDeNnIs?
Is uLtRaDeNnIs the old younganddumb guy Tom?

Rexone
08-25-2007, 12:16 PM
Go water your Brown spots JBB. I hear it's hot in your neck of the woods.
Al

Wet Dream
08-25-2007, 12:17 PM
How would Tom know? He thinks I'm ultradennis.:rolleyes:

Jbb
08-25-2007, 12:19 PM
Go water your Brown spots JBB. I hear it's hot in your neck of the woods.
Al
Being watered as we speak......currently a paltry 103 degrees...

Tom Brown
08-25-2007, 12:19 PM
Deregulate this, you son of a....... http://www.CarlsonSpeed.com/~tombrown/QuickLink/flipthebird.gif
Yes, I believe it's the old dumbandyoung guy but somehow, even younger and a little dumber too.

Wet Dream
08-25-2007, 12:22 PM
Deregulate this, you son of a....... http://www.CarlsonSpeed.com/~tombrown/QuickLink/flipthebird.gif
Yes, I believe it's the old dumbandyoung guy but somehow, even younger and dumber.
Its not me.:( Ultradennis and dumbandyoung ar the person, but certainly not me. I might be a bit abrasive, but I'm not stupid. :(

Rexone
08-25-2007, 12:31 PM
Being watered as we speak......currently a paltry 103 degrees...
Be careful not to overdue it and wash the paint off JBB. I've heard its difficult to repaint damp thatch.

Jbb
08-25-2007, 12:36 PM
Be careful not to overdue it and wash the paint off JBB. I've heard its difficult to repaint damp thatch.
noted

Big Warlock
08-25-2007, 02:54 PM
I called it and posted the coroner's report and other facts.
If you have something different, you should come forward and clarify. You can PM Denise directly through this site. That would be helpful and appreciated.
Simple, factual, less drama.
I have apologized. Now man up and help out of you have that intention. Or, as I have said, it will take care of itself. No worries.
The person who brought this thread back to life has 79 posts on OSO and 3 or 4 posts here. WOW Go through this thread and figure out how I feel about that! :D As always, the answer here would be the same as he would have in the military............"Yes Sir!" :D