PDA

View Full Version : Huntington Beach Race Results???

Laveyman
08-19-2002, 07:47 AM
Does anyone have the race results from the Pacific Offshore Races at Huntington Beach this weekend? I checked their site and, as usual, they haven't even posted the results from previous races, let alone last weekends.

Spirit of Discovery
08-19-2002, 08:58 AM
what classes do you want to know about? We had 19 boats and 9 classes. In the big boys,
Super Cat, #40 Ettore/Kidstuff
Super Cat Light, #15 Eliminator
Super Vee Light, #7 Lucas Oil
F-2 #F2-55 Speedwear
F-1 #F1-48 Flashwave
Unfortunately, your Lavey took a close 2nd to the Flashwave. It was great to have that boat back on the water!! If you're curious about anyone else, feel free to e-mail me!

RiverToysJas
08-19-2002, 09:34 AM
Spirit of Discovery:
Unfortunately, your Lavey took a close 2nd to the Flashwave. Smooth water racing?

Spirit of Discovery
08-19-2002, 09:47 AM
Not too bad!! A little bumpy. One gut blew the bottom of his seat out!!

Twisterf205
08-19-2002, 10:04 AM
Ya, I would say it was like a pond out there. wink

SoCalPower
08-19-2002, 12:32 PM
Did any drives fail? If yes, what type?
Thanks,
db

Flashwave
08-19-2002, 02:46 PM
Very sad, but a Super Cat Light with IMCO drives both failed. One on Saturday and the other I am told during the race on Sunday. Ugly and expensive I'm sure. The first failure looked like a universal broke and took out the gimble. Not sure about the other drive.

cigarette1
08-19-2002, 04:12 PM
Flashwave .... you guys were hauling azzz. I'm not sure, but, did you guys lap the Ettore V-bottom?
One more item to add to my boats resume:
Official APBA Offshore Pace Boat - Huntington Beach 2002
Frickin' Ay Dude !!!!

Twisterf205
08-19-2002, 04:38 PM
cigarette1 are you the boat that started the race? If so great job and thanks.

Flashwave
08-19-2002, 05:01 PM
cigarette1. Thanks for the kind words. I could only wish. The Ettore boat (v bottom) runs twin Vortec 8100's and probably is a 100+ mph boat. We run about 80. So the only way we could lap them is if they broke.
As for haul'in azz, a good prop from Bronsen Hill and good setup from Extreme Custom Marine made it so we could blow through that big water. David, my driver says a boat setup well and experienced people in the boat can kick some major azz. I'd say point made.
Did you notice the Volvo Penta boat? They were flying. The've obviously been doing their homework. All n' all , very exciting racing from the cockpit point of view. Would love to have some more adrinaline junkies from the West Coast slap a number on the side and come grab a checkered flag.
We're off to Corpus Christi Wedensday to run a pro-series race with a dozen or more Factory 1 boats in equally big water. We'll be back for Pittsburg, CA and Ventura in September. Hope to see you there.
Jim

Charley
08-20-2002, 07:35 AM
any chance we could get all the results posted with at least hull manufacturer for each and possibly motor type?....I'm curious how the Vortech guys are doing VS Merc

Spirit of Discovery
08-20-2002, 09:15 AM
Super Cat, #40 Ettore/Kidstuff, 36' Skater/Super Cat Engine
Super Cat Light, #15 Eliminator, 36' Eliminator/Mercury Racing 500EFI
Super Vee Light, #7 Lucas Oil, ??' Scarab/GM Vortec
F-2 #F2-55 Speedwear, 36" Fountain/Mercury Racing 500 EFI
F-1 #F1-48 Flashwave, 29' Warlock. Mercury Racing 500 EFI

Twisterf205
08-20-2002, 12:43 PM
F-2 #F2-55 Speedwear does not have EFI's. If they did they wouldn't be that fast.

Charley
08-20-2002, 10:14 PM
Spirit of Discovery:
Super Cat, #40 Ettore/Kidstuff, 36' Skater/Super Cat Engine
Super Cat Light, #15 Eliminator, 36' Eliminator/Mercury Racing 500EFI
Super Vee Light, #7 Lucas Oil, ??' Scarab/GM Vortec
F-2 #F2-55 Speedwear, 36" Fountain/Mercury Racing 500 EFI
F-1 #F1-48 Flashwave, 29' Warlock. Mercury Racing 500 EFIThanks Scott..... where would a 29' Cat with twin outboards fit in there? would that be a full canopy requirement? is anyone in the OB class even racing? Thanks!
:D

cigarette1
08-21-2002, 04:19 PM
Twisterf205:
cigarette1 are you the boat that started the race? If so great job and thanks.Thanks Twister ... Yes, that was me driving my Cafe Racer (for sale). I was a little nervous, but it was fun. I was in the pace boat last year and the fleet was all over the place ... I was hoping it wouldn't be like that for me. You guys were dicing it up with Rique and the SpeedWear Fountame. Then there was Flashwave, the little Phantom and the Lavey. Great racing for a few of the boats.
Flashwave .. I had David's ??cousin?? with me in the boat ... he was stoked to see you guys running so hard.
That water is my regular weekend playground ... from Newport to Long Beach is where I do most of my running. It can get a little bumpy sometimes.
G

Mike J.
08-25-2002, 06:40 AM
Team ETTORE made a good showing with
(Cobys Kidstuf) and the "New" Super"V"
with Vortex/GM Motors and Weismann Drives
and Trannies, Same setup that in Nigal
Hooks Super "V".
The ETTORE Boat was finished Just HOURS
Before Testing on Sat. after 24 stright
days (LONG DAYS) At Cobys Shop.
Lots of Dialing in going on to be ready