PDA

View Full Version : Bass tube opinions.

djunkie
02-21-2006, 01:39 PM
I never really see anyone using these. Are they any good for in the boat?

rivercrazy
02-21-2006, 01:48 PM
IMHO - no. Not enough SPL. And the one's I've heard sound muddy.

riverbound
02-21-2006, 01:55 PM
They aren't any good in a car. And IMO they are waste of $$ in a boat.

ROZ
02-21-2006, 01:56 PM
Depends on what you're trying to accomplish... I have heard some that sounded okay and just helped fill in as far as adding more bass sound in the frequency range... Like RC said, it's not really going to add much as far as boom boom's :)
The one I heard was under the deck of an 18ft jetboat....
It won't help much if it's just out in the open...

djunkie
02-21-2006, 02:58 PM
Thats what I thought. Well I have 2 options for a sub then. I have 1 JL 12W3 and then I have 2-10" Kickers. Not sure what model they are but they are a dual voice coil speaker and they used to thump pretty good in my old truck. What do you guys think would be better. I'm not trying to break any sound records or anything. Just want something that sounds good. I don't have an amp yet for either setup so I have a lot of options. What do you guys think I should run?

Cole Sanger
02-21-2006, 03:08 PM
I have to disagree about bass tubes. I have an 8in Bazooka in my wifes car and a 10in Bazooka in my Suburban. They both hit better than my JL12W3 that I had in my Honda. I have an 8in Bazooka in the new boat. It's not loud enough, but I think if I had two of them in there it would do just fine. Make sure that if you go with the Bazooka's that you get the most internal amplified that they make. Oh, another reason that I like the Bazooka's is that the amplifier and woofer easily come out so I can store them at home. Helps when the summer heat is bearing down on my boat in storage. :rollside:

ROZ
02-21-2006, 07:20 PM
I have to disagree about bass tubes. I have an 8in Bazooka in my wifes car and a 10in Bazooka in my Suburban. They both hit better than my JL12W3 that I had in my Honda.
Your 12w3 is under powered and in the wrong enclosure, then :D
They perform okay in a car provided it's the performance you're looking for...
I have an 8in Bazooka in the new boat. It's not loud enough, but I think if I had two of them in there it would do just fine.
This was the point of his question, but it really depends on his listening habits... For the cost of 2 10" amplified Bazooka tubes, he could get one high output amp and a really good subwoofer and make an enclosure to perform at optimum... I think MBrown has 1 12w6 powered by 500 watts.. I hear it jams quite well ;) :D

slovolvo
02-21-2006, 08:38 PM
I highly recomend the new jl12w6s. I have two of them in my boat, one under each console, power by a Pheonix gold amp putting 600wrms to each, and they sound great. They are in sealed boxes, to the EXACT dimensions JL provides. They are well worth the money.

donzi5150
02-24-2006, 10:43 AM
I have a 10 inch marine bazooka in the nose of my 18 Donzi classic that is powered by a 150 watt mono Rockford Fosgate amp. The bass is incredible. The fiberglass moves and the water will beat away from the boat on certain songs.......