PDA

View Full Version : ***boaters Unite..... I we need this...

PHOTOGLOU
08-13-2007, 05:28 PM
Wow don't know a good way to start this so here goes....
Last Friday I recieved a call from S B S D (friend) and he proceeds to explain the boat accident north of Havasu (involving the Fountain boat) He states "I know you know alot of people who have fountains and wonder if you have any idea who owns"... etc etc etc... I have also recieved a few phone calls from people (none LEO) asking the same..... I DON'T and would press that person to do the right thing or else... A LIFE WAS LOST.....
Reading the posts where several people are pulled over and fearful to go on the water makes me angry NOT AT LEO's OR curious people who walk up to the boats to inspect BUT ANGRY at the person who is causing this... I AM NOT placing blame on them for the accident BUT angry at what it is doing to me mentally and to our boating community....
Here is what I want to do to help...
Place a full page ad in ***boat magazine ASAP with the details of the accident and description of the boat. Somebody knows somebody who knows somebody who know this boat....
I will cover a MIN of $100 or a max of $500 of the cost of this... If anybody else whould like to contribute to this PLEASE SPEAK UP...
I in no way feel guilty about this accident just want to help..
By doing this MORE SHOPS (Fiberglass etc) will know to look at work they have done or are doing... We are in the Hotaboat world Do we know if there was a hit and run of a m/c rider??? I don't and take cars in for body work all the time...
Just an idea...

DeathFlightMedic
08-13-2007, 05:51 PM
Im with you, just let me know what to do.

Glamasu
08-13-2007, 05:55 PM
I beleive your on to something here...But is ***boat the best media for this type of ad?
Would say the Boat trader or an off the shelf magazine be a better option???
I would throw some cash at it either way but seems that a more accesible magazine would be a better avenue...:confused: :confused:

Havasu Luvr
08-13-2007, 06:16 PM
Hey Jay
Big Baller Digital will through in $100.00 PM me the details.

Havasu Luvr
08-13-2007, 06:19 PM
lou, this is great of you to come up with this idea .... but like i stated in another thread pertaining to this said subject, (a few days ago) .... i believe this boat in question is either at the bottom of the lake, or when they got it out of the water in the fastest lake exit "EVER" ... it is probably already stripped or out of the state (this boat is "gonzo") --- so the only way this horrible crime/murder is going to be solved, is, if the coward-ass pilot/ & passenger can not stand the "guilt" & "heat" anymore and he/she turns "himself/themselves" in --- :sqeyes: (the best thing going in all of this, is that there are 'TWO" people running here, and "ONE" of them will break eventually) :jawdrop: keyes
You maybe correct but his/her friends will put 2 and 2 together....accident involving a Fountain and my buddy just sold his, altered his, painted his or repaired his.... co-wink-a-dink? It's a start and the idea is a good one.

HOOTER SLED-
08-13-2007, 06:21 PM
How about some peeps that live in Havi or near there try to work with LE and get some flyers or something out at all the launch sites?

Insurance God
08-13-2007, 07:36 PM
I'm in & I bet ***boat would cut a deal since it is for a good cause. Call or PM me.
Shawn

PHOTOGLOU
08-13-2007, 07:41 PM
lou, this is great of you to come up with this idea .... but like i stated in another thread pertaining to this said subject, (a few days ago) .... i believe this boat in question is either at the bottom of the lake, or when they got it out of the water in the fastest lake exit "EVER" ... it is probably already stripped or out of the state (this boat is "gonzo") --- so the only way this horrible crime/murder is going to be solved, is, if the coward-ass pilot/ & passenger can not stand the "guilt" & "heat" anymore and he/she turns "himself/themselves" in --- :sqeyes: (the best thing going in all of this, is that there are 'TWO" people running here, and "ONE" of them will break eventually) :jawdrop: keyes
Might be a better idea:idea:
What keeps going through my mind is passenger in boat was told by driver of boat everything is ok...
No reason for passenger to think different...
Talking to one of the ***boat magazine guys I was told there is an article coming out about this in next months ***boat. Looking into other ways to get this out...and a price of an ad... WILL HAVE MORE TOMORROW
pull in forward everyone, if we all tell 2 people a day and they tell 2 people that same day and so on it will find its way back to the person(s) who may or may not know the severity of this....

Moneypitt
08-13-2007, 07:44 PM
Someone post up the "we tip" hotline for the LE involved. Maybe someone will phone in a tip. You don't have to give your name or number..........
I'll bet a reward wouldn't hurt either considering a scum bag like this has scumbags for friends.....MP

Boatcop
08-13-2007, 07:56 PM
Someone post up the "we tip" hotline for the LE involved. Maybe someone will phone in a tip. You don't have to give your name or number..........
I'll bet a reward wouldn't hurt either considering a scum bag like this has scumbags for friends.....MP
Don't need a Tip Line.
Just call:
SBCSO River Station: (760) 326-9200
Mohave County SO: Lake Havasu (928) 764-3535
You don't have to leave your name.

phebus
08-13-2007, 08:08 PM
Living out here in Havasu, I'm surprised at the lack of local press this accident has had.

Moneypitt
08-13-2007, 08:15 PM
Don't need a Tip Line.
Just call:
SBCSO River Station: (760) 326-9200
Mohave County SO: Lake Havasu (928) 764-3535
You don't have to leave your name.
I guess these numbers will do the trick, thanks Alan........MP

Tom Brown
08-13-2007, 08:16 PM
Did I miss something? Are we on the lookout for someone with a lot of tattoos who wears their ball cap crooked?
Are you suggesting this 9 year old boy rubbed out for failure to pay his mafia insurance fees?
As I understand it, details are not being shared but it sounds to me like an accident, perhaps involving alcohol, by someone who does not have the courage to come forward.

DeathFlightMedic
08-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Living out here in Havasu, I'm surprised at the lack of local press this accident has had.
It's because it happend in Topock, The in between land. Not quiet Havasu, Not quite Needles, Not Suprising Thats why I'm glad this forum is here!

Moneypitt
08-13-2007, 08:25 PM
Did I miss something? Are we on the lookout for someone with a lot of tattoos who wears their ball cap crooked?
Are you suggesting this 9 year old boy rubbed out for failure to pay his mafia insurance fees?
As I understand it, details are not being shared but it sounds to me like an accident, perhaps involving alcohol, by someone who does not have the courage to come forward.
The boy is not hurt, the father was killed. Anyone that would do this is a scumbag, and it always seems that scumbags have scumbags for friends. Scumbags would turn in a buddy scumbag in heartbeat for a reward, that is just how scumbags are.............MP

Kachina26
08-13-2007, 08:26 PM
Jay, I'm in for $50, not big bucks, but it should help. PM me with info.

shadow
08-13-2007, 08:26 PM
I'm in & I bet ***boat would cut a deal since it is for a good cause. Call or PM me.
Shawn
Heres an idea:idea:
Not that i wouldn't pitch in for this but maybe ***boat Could just throw a
1PAGE ADDin without everyone having to pay them.I'd say 90% of the people here already pay for a subscription.
Trust me i live here in Havasu and have had my eyes open everywhere,everytime i pass a storage facility,boat storage yard etc.
Great idea Jay!!!!
Maybe HB could place the add and the money could go as a reward??

Mardonzi
08-13-2007, 08:29 PM
Jay,, I'll kick in on this,, I haven't had my boat out yet since the accident but am sure there will be some scrutiny so anything I can do to get this guy found.. Let me know...

phebus
08-13-2007, 08:30 PM
I think that an add in the local paper might have more impact if the boat was suspected to be in a storage unit or garage out here.
Neighbors that aren't boaters might report seeing a boat matching the description.

Tom Brown
08-13-2007, 08:37 PM
The boy is not hurt, the father was killed.
Thank you, Moneypitt. I was confused.
I also appreciate you using the word scumbag 6 times in your three sentence reply. :cool:

Kachina26
08-13-2007, 08:47 PM
Thank you, Moneypitt. I was confused.
I also appreciate you using the word scumbag 6 times in your three sentence reply. :cool:
Actually, scumbag was only used twice, while the plural was used an additional 4 times. :idea:

Redwing247
08-13-2007, 08:48 PM
I think that an add in the local paper might have more impact if the boat was suspected to be in a storage unit or garage out here.
Neighbors that aren't boaters might report seeing a boat matching the description.
Good point. Can be done right away.
I am in, PM me with the details.

Redneck
08-13-2007, 10:38 PM
Jay if there is anything I can help with give me a call. Called in on sat morning at about 4 am I passed a boat going towards parker but couldnt tell what type it was but it looked like checkers on the side. It was going opposite of me so I called 911 to report who gave me Havasu Pd dont know if they did much with the info.

LHC30Victory
08-14-2007, 05:49 AM
I am in also, but believe that Shadow has a point - the editors/owners of the mag should consider stepping up and allow all of our $$ to go to a reward for finding the boat/owner.....

HavasuUncleLarry
08-14-2007, 05:54 AM
Local Newspapers would be better....
Today's News Herald in Lake Havasu
Mohave Daily News In Bullhead
And.. here at local TV station. .I will put together a 60 second spot.. asking for our viewers help... it can be sponsored by Concerned Boaters of Lake Havasu....
Cost would normally be $600 for a month.. $450- for your guys...
I will produce the spot at not cost. . it will show.. boats in the channel Behavng, the lake with the request for help....
Larry Reese
928 230 1770

ratso
08-14-2007, 05:57 AM
Might be a better idea:idea:
What keeps going through my mind is passenger in boat was told by driver of boat everything is ok...
No reason for passenger to think different...
Talking to one of the ***boat magazine guys I was told there is an article coming out about this in next months ***boat. Looking into other ways to get this out...and a price of an ad... WILL HAVE MORE TOMORROW
pull in forward everyone, if we all tell 2 people a day and they tell 2 people that same day and so on it will find its way back to the person(s) who may or may not know the severity of this....
myspace http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif

Havasu Luvr
08-14-2007, 06:09 AM
And.. here at local TV station. .I will put together a 60 second spot.. asking for our viewers help... it can be sponsored by Concerned Boaters of Lake Havasu....
I will produce the spot at not cost. . it will show.. boats in the channel Behavng, the lake with the request for help....
Larry Reese
928 230 1770
Damm Larry, you're awesome ! ! ! ! Kudo's:D

PHOTOGLOU
08-14-2007, 07:08 AM
Larry Reese
928 230 1770
Larry I am in and will call you now... BUT I am wondering if this person boat is from the havasu area. If not we are missing the nv az (phoenix mesa scottsdale) and ca area.... BUT for $450 we can do this today.... Lets go!!!!

phebus
08-14-2007, 07:24 AM
Jay, could you check back with your contact at SBSD and see if there are any new leads that might help in focusing the search to a specific location?

2Driver
08-14-2007, 07:35 AM
1/2 page ads in the NV, AZ and CA boat traders would be very good.
WANTED 30' fountain and scumbag driver
Brief description of boat
Brief description of accident.
Contact info
Anyone could post all over Craigslist in every city as well. This is one of those times when you throw as much shit against the wall to see if any sticks.
I will call all 4 news stations in Phoenix and the Arizona republic today to see if they will pick up the story. I will direct them to SBSD for details.

HavasuUncleLarry
08-14-2007, 07:42 AM
Lou...
Heidi and I are working on the spot.... we hope to star airing it by Thursday.. Yes i know this boater is probably gone from the area.. the voice over will ask local residents if they say any boat like this last Thursday or Friday August 9 or 10th around Lake Havasu.. our best hope is that a local who does not know what happened saw something suspicious - because this boater had to get the boat off the water and out of the area some how… Plus I think it will be a great PR move for the performance boating community it shows YOU really do care….
When we get it done we will post it for your review
Good Luck
Larry

OnlyMoney
08-14-2007, 07:45 AM
Wow, I just got chills. This is where this forum is worth all the drama threads.
I just emailed the details to all of my boater friends who aren't on HB (I know it's hard to believe some people don't know this place exists :D ) in hopes that they keep forwarding it.
Keep it up peeps! :)

Dana Marine Products
08-14-2007, 08:23 AM
If it's a high performance boat, it's most likely been in someone's shop getting repairs and/or service work done. There's really only a handfull of shops between AZ and CA that work on these boats. It may be a long shot, but maybe we can put together a list of shops that do this kind of work and start making some phone calls. I personally know alot of these guys and we might get some sort of lead. Here's a few shops that come to mind,
GT Performance - Upland - 909-982-8391 Gary Teague
Prime Marine - Rancho Cucamunga - Mike
B & D Marine - El Monte - Brian
GS Marine - Corona - Greg or Scott
Extreme Custom Marine - Elsinore - Paul or Kirk
Absolute Speed - Havasu - Aarron
Concept Marine - Montclair - John
Teague Custom Marine - Valencia - Adrian
Paul Pfaff Racing Engines - Huntington Beach
I'm sure this list will grow with everyone's knowledge. This situation is total BS.

2Driver
08-14-2007, 08:24 AM
OK I have stories into all 4 channels and the Republic.
I have worked with some of the stations recently on some political issues up here in Carefree and had them come out to do stories on the town. So, lets hope they respond to this as well. I will direct them to the SBSD for specific details once i have them interested in the story.

PHOTOGLOU
08-14-2007, 08:29 AM
Larry Reese
928 230 1770
Just got off the phone with Larry.... He is working on the spot now.... I have just put a $450 check out to Larry... He hopes to have this on the air by weeks end.....

PHOTOGLOU
08-14-2007, 08:30 AM
Im with you, just let me know what to do.
You sir have done ALOT..... Thanks....

PHOTOGLOU
08-14-2007, 08:33 AM
I beleive your on to something here...But is ***boat the best media for this type of ad?
Would say the Boat trader or an off the shelf magazine be a better option???
I would throw some cash at it either way but seems that a more accesible magazine would be a better avenue...:confused: :confused:
Sent you a PM...

PHOTOGLOU
08-14-2007, 08:36 AM
Hey Jay
Big Baller Digital will through in $100.00 PM me the details.
OK I have sent you all out a unique PM.... Hope this help...
BTW here is a copy of the unique PM...Wondering if you were serious with your offer???? If so I am hoping to gather 9 people at $50 each as I have sent a check.... Please call me Jay 714 552 0300
Please be assured I am one of the people and looking for 8 additional... If I get them great IF NOT I am still proud to be a part of the solution....

PHOTOGLOU
08-14-2007, 08:40 AM
Jay, could you check back with your contact at SBSD and see if there are any new leads that might help in focusing the search to a specific location?
Have left a message on voicemail.... WILL UPDATE

HavasuUncleLarry
08-14-2007, 08:45 AM
If anyone has or has access to a digital photo of a 30 ft fountain with red and black checkering on the side please email it to me...
larry@reelstarproductions.com
Thanks
larry

PHOTOGLOU
08-14-2007, 09:03 AM
I have left a message for my friend a San Berdo Sheriffs office want to try to get them to go in Larry's video to show support and dedication to this matter...
Also with this video I am hoping the National news agency's pick this up as a news story.... Jay 714 552 0300

2Driver
08-14-2007, 09:05 AM
If anyone has or has access to a digital photo of a 30 ft fountain with red and black checkering on the side please email it to me...
larry@reelstarproductions.com
Thanks
larry
Someone posted this and it seems to me like a good model . Be aware that this came from a poker run with people in it so I am not sure how you would pull out the faces and the watercraft stickers. If you could do that it would be close enough to get the general public the basic idea even though this is a 27' I think?
http://www.lakeracerllc.com/PokerRuns/spring2007/ds070454.jpg

Goad
08-14-2007, 09:16 AM
This is a great idea.
Someone had mentioned that the boat might be at the bottom of the lake or parted out (gonzo).....doesnt matter.
There is some mechanic/previous owner/friend/etc that has put their hands on that boat and can say who the current owner is.
SoCalJetBoats.com is in for this for $100.00.
I say once enough money is raised for the ad, the remainder raised should be put forward as reward money for the arrest of this man.
I will continue to follow this thread.
-Brad

Opinionated
08-14-2007, 09:17 AM
Jay, you have a PM. Thanks

Goad
08-14-2007, 09:38 AM
Someone posted this and it seems to me like a good model . Be aware that this came from a poker run with people in it so I am not sure how you would pull out the faces and the watercraft stickers. If you could do that it would be close enough to get the general public the basic idea even though this is a 27' I think?
http://www.lakeracerllc.com/PokerRuns/spring2007/ds070454.jpg
Here is a boat that might be closer to the description....this is a 27'
http://www.powerboatlistings.com/powerimg/m/4070/Full_view.jpg

thumbs
08-14-2007, 09:38 AM
If there is a need to print fliers I can do about 10,000 at no cost. I would just need someone to creat the flier and email it to me. After that we would need a plan on getting the fliers posted at launch ramps, marinas and services shops.

Ion
08-14-2007, 09:45 AM
Along these lines...does anyone know "Uncle Larry"? A local tv host and boater? He posts in this forum from time to time. Adding mentions of this incident on our TV45 certainly couldn't hurt.

Ion
08-14-2007, 09:47 AM
Along these lines...does anyone know "Uncle Larry"? A local tv host and boater? He posts in this forum from time to time. Adding mentions of this incident on our TV45 certainly couldn't hurt.
Oops...looks like Larry beat me to the punch!

2Driver
08-14-2007, 09:51 AM
Looks like ABC news here in Phoenix is responding and will be calling for information from LE.

Opinionated
08-14-2007, 10:33 AM
May sound like a stretch, but what about America's Most Wanted?

DogMan
08-14-2007, 10:43 AM
I would hope the LE is working with witness's to come up with a better discription of the boat, or an artist sketch or something that could be published, rather that post up a random pic of someones Fountain. This person was alert enough, smart enough, and lucky enough to disapear fast with a pretty unique boat. I doubt he would be dumb enough to have the boat fixed at any shops anywhere. It's tucked away, and if he's smart, that boat won't be moved for a year or so. Getting a color sketch, or picture if it's a close match published, is a great idea. So many power boaters hate "lake lice", it's very possible these people could have had help in there get away, or hide away...:idea: Anybody check Killrtoy's garage?:D

DeathFlightMedic
08-14-2007, 12:17 PM
If there is a need to print fliers I can do about 10,000 at no cost. I would just need someone to creat the flier and email it to me. After that we would need a plan on getting the fliers posted at launch ramps, marinas and services shops.
I can make shure they get handed out in topock and park moabi, just let me know!

meaniam
08-14-2007, 12:59 PM
I would hope the LE is working with witness's to come up with a better discription of the boat, or an artist sketch or something that could be published, rather that post up a random pic of someones Fountain. This person was alert enough, smart enough, and lucky enough to disapear fast with a pretty unique boat. I doubt he would be dumb enough to have the boat fixed at any shops anywhere. It's tucked away, and if he's smart, that boat won't be moved for a year or so. Getting a color sketch, or picture if it's a close match published, is a great idea. So many power boaters hate "lake lice", it's very possible these people could have had help in there get away, or hide away...:idea: Anybody check Killrtoy's garage?:D
i doubt anyone hates lake lice enough to ignore the problem. good idea. just curious how many innocent people might be dragged thru this.

RiverToysJas
08-14-2007, 02:42 PM
May sound like a stretch, but what about America's Most Wanted?
I was thinking the same thing!
Cases to be profiled on AMW are carefully chosen from the hundreds of requests we receive every week. Due to the high volume of requests we often need to make tough decisions when it comes to choosing which cases to profile. We make every attempt to cover cases from all parts of the country and all type of crimes. Our ultimate goal is to give a voice to the maximum number of victims possible and help find missing children and bring fugitives to justice.
If you would like to have a case considered for the show, please send all facts to:
America's Most Wanted
PO Box Crime TV
Washington DC 20016
Please make sure to note whether there is a known fugitive charged with the crime, or whether the perpetrator is yet to be identified. If charges have been filed, please note the police agency that filed the charges. It is also helpful to let us know what photos and/or video are available of the victim and the fugitive.
NOTE: We are not able to return materials, so do not send original or irreplaceable photos, documents, etc.

Redwing247
08-14-2007, 04:04 PM
Jay... got your PM, need addy.

pixilatedpussy
08-14-2007, 04:13 PM
Wow don't know a good way to start this so here goes....
Last Friday I recieved a call from S B S D (friend) and he proceeds to explain the boat accident north of Havasu (involving the Fountain boat) He states "I know you know alot of people who have fountains and wonder if you have any idea who owns"... etc etc etc... I have also recieved a few phone calls from people (none LEO) asking the same..... I DON'T and would press that person to do the right thing or else... A LIFE WAS LOST.....
Reading the posts where several people are pulled over and fearful to go on the water makes me angry NOT AT LEO's OR curious people who walk up to the boats to inspect BUT ANGRY at the person who is causing this... I AM NOT placing blame on them for the accident BUT angry at what it is doing to me mentally and to our boating community....
Here is what I want to do to help...
Place a full page ad in ***boat magazine ASAP with the details of the accident and description of the boat. Somebody knows somebody who knows somebody who know this boat....
I will cover a MIN of $100 or a max of $500 of the cost of this... If anybody else whould like to contribute to this PLEASE SPEAK UP...
I in no way feel guilty about this accident just want to help..
By doing this MORE SHOPS (Fiberglass etc) will know to look at work they have done or are doing... We are in the Hotaboat world Do we know if there was a hit and run of a m/c rider??? I don't and take cars in for body work all the time...
Just an idea...
Great idea Jay! Let Geza or I know what you need from us to get this moving! ;)

PHOTOGLOU
08-14-2007, 04:40 PM
This is a great idea.
Someone had mentioned that the boat might be at the bottom of the lake or parted out (gonzo).....doesnt matter.
There is some mechanic/previous owner/friend/etc that has put their hands on that boat and can say who the current owner is.
SoCalJetBoats.com is in for this for $100.00.
I say once enough money is raised for the ad, the remainder raised should be put forward as reward money for the arrest of this man.
I will continue to follow this thread.
-Brad
Brad... We have reached 9 people and $450 for this one cause... I will be listing the 9 people next...

driverno8
08-14-2007, 05:05 PM
Hey guys I'm in for doing the flyer/brochure and any digital retouching to any photos to get us a good description. It's what I do for a living. Just need a few thing from you guys and I'll get started:
1. Size/s we're running (someone mentioned printing flyers, PM me the size/specs you want to run, color, b&w, etc)
2. Any text you guys want on the ads
3. Photos you guys want me to start with and what you want me to do to them.
Offers good for all printed media, ie? HB, newspaper, brochures/flyers, etc.
PM or call
Matt
O: 760-243-9774
C: 760-954-4801
I'm also in for pitching in some coin towards media placement and/or reward.

PHOTOGLOU
08-14-2007, 08:25 PM
This is impressive...
I would like us to thank 8 others for thinking about how to make a difference (sp?) in this tragedy... AS WELL AS everyone who has posted in these threads about this accident. I have stopped taking donations for the on air video that Uncle Larry has/is putting together.
1. PHOTOGLOU $50
2. KACHINA26 $50
3. HAVASU LUVR $50
4. REDNECK $50
5. OPINIONATED $50
6. RIVERBOUND $50
7. LHC30 VICTORY $50
8. REDWING247 $50
9. GLAMASU $50
I have posted these names to show who has sent money. I have posted the number to show what order I was able to get back to them and to show that every dollar is being sent to Uncle Larry to pay for T.V. spots...
Alot of people have offered more than $50 and I don't feel right accepting more than WE have already commited to put out...
I want us to see Uncle Larry's finished spot and try to get EVERY national news agency to run this on the news (FREE) as a news story.
If that fails and WE don't have a person in custody or boat located before the deadline to get into next months ***boat magazine I think WE should find a way to get this story in there....
WHAT A GREAT FAMILY WE HAVE...

Mardonzi
08-14-2007, 08:49 PM
Jay,, tried to call you this afternoon,, left my number. I'll gladly put in for it. Just PM me an address where to send it to.

topless
08-14-2007, 09:05 PM
This is impressive...
I would like us to thank 8 others for thinking about how to make a difference (sp?) in this tragedy... AS WELL AS everyone who has posted in these threads about this accident. I have stopped taking donations for the on air video that Uncle Larry has/is putting together.
1. PHOTOGLOU $50
2. KACHINA26 $50
3. HAVASU LUVR $50
4. REDNECK $50
5. OPINIONATED $50
6. RIVERBOUND $50
7. LHC30 VICTORY $50
8. REDWING247 $50
9. GLAMASU $50
I have posted these names to show who has sent money. I have posted the number to show what order I was able to get back to them and to show that every dollar is being sent to Uncle Larry to pay for T.V. spots...
Alot of people have offered more than $50 and I don't feel right accepting more than WE have already commited to put out...
I want us to see Uncle Larry's finished spot and try to get EVERY national news agency to run this on the news (FREE) as a news story.
If that fails and WE don't have a person in custody or boat located before the deadline to get into next months ***boat magazine I think WE should find a way to get this story in there....
Count me in. I'll call you tomorrow to find out where to send the money. You are doing a great thing here.

Tremor Girl
08-15-2007, 03:41 AM
Is there a a post somewhere that contains all the current basic info on it that can be copied and pasted into an email?
I have several friends who boat but don't read the forums that I'd like to send an email out to. I also belong to a couple of other non-boating related forums that will sticky the info for me. They reach across the country and even though they are not boating related, there are lots of boaters on them.
Thanks.

OGShocker
08-15-2007, 05:29 AM
Heres an idea:idea:
Not that i wouldn't pitch in for this but maybe ***boat Could just throw a
1PAGE ADDin without everyone having to pay them.I'd say 90% of the people here already pay for a subscription.
Trust me i live here in Havasu and have had my eyes open everywhere,everytime i pass a storage facility,boat storage yard etc.
Great idea Jay!!!!
Maybe HB could place the add and the money could go as a reward??
Great idea! Darrin and Larry should WANT to help. I know Darrin, he has a pretty big heart and Larry has a pretty big empire.
I am in on the reward for a c-note.

LuckyStrike
08-15-2007, 05:50 AM
Jay put me in for a 100.00, As soon as I get home on Monday Ill blast ya a check.
Gary Harper of Chanel 3 here in PHX is a Neighbor of mine Ill call him as well on Monday to see if he can help spread the word

That Guy
08-15-2007, 06:59 AM
Jay...don't know if you still need donations but if so, Denise and I are in for $100....great idea....I think Uncle Larry's idea of the TV spot will be more effective, more quickly. With HB, I would worry about the lead time as to when it would actually appear in the mag. Might be a few months....thanks for spearheading this...:)

ULTRA26 # 1
08-15-2007, 09:43 AM
This is impressive...
1. PHOTOGLOU $50
2. KACHINA26 $50
3. HAVASU LUVR $50
4. REDNECK $50
5. OPINIONATED $50
6. RIVERBOUND $50
7. LHC30 VICTORY $50
8. REDWING247 $50
9. GLAMASU $50
Jay,
Please let me know of there is something I can do. I like everyone else involved want to help LE find this boat and driver, ASAP.
John M

driverno8
08-15-2007, 10:45 AM
I just started a thread over on DodgeTruckWorld in the CA Chapter section.
http://dodgetruckworld.tenmagazines.com/ew/topic.asp?id=273460L

I'mTheBeaver
08-16-2007, 07:17 PM
When Uncle Larry's finished spot airs, (is it airing in the Las Vegas area) because I can take a video of it with my digital camera and post on YouTube.
The Henderson Police Department has been using YouTube to help catch criminals. YouTube would be another way to get that T.V. spot out to the public for free.
"Are you boater? Help catch a murderer."

PHOTOGLOU
08-17-2007, 01:03 AM
Talk'd to a friend at San Berdo today they will be calling (should have already called) Uncle Larry to do a spot on this piece... Once we have it San Berdo is going to get it the their P I O and she will disburse it to the local and national news agencies...

LHC30Victory
08-17-2007, 07:41 AM
Jay, your work on this (with others) certainly earns you a shot or two...Just waiting to catch you away from work..
:idea: maybe if I bring the Patron to Anaheim, I wont need those six others on that vette:jawdrop:

PHOTOGLOU
08-20-2007, 05:58 PM
Just got a call from Bill (Mountain) at Advantage boats in Lake Havasu City... Bill and I have known each other for 20+ years as he is a family friend and I worked for him in the late 80's at a Yamaha dealership in Garden Grove... Seems Barry's family (Jet skier that was killed on Aug 9th 2007) is going to all the boat shops and Manuf. in Lake Havasu... Bill said he was approached by the family who was distraut and felt like this issue was at the wayside of everyones mind.... Bill said it brought him pride to be able to bring up ***boat.com and show these threads and the video that was put together and paid for by concerned citizens. People ARE thinking about and doing something about this situation seemed to have brought a sense of gratitude from the family... I can only imagine what they are going through... Bill said when they left his shop to go move onto another shop they mentioned wanting to set up a reward for information leading to a arrest of the person responsible...
I am passing along information as this warmed my heart and brought back the reality that this is affecting peoples lives every minute of every day...
I am looking forward to talking to the family as Bill has aquired their number to bring them alittle more peace with this. And let them know this is not a battle that is only being carried on by them...
Hope this warms you as much as it did me.

SoCalHD
08-20-2007, 06:32 PM
That is nice to hear.....Just let them know that they are in our hearts and prayers.....and that the boat in question is being looked out for in every corner...

shezamargarita
08-21-2007, 03:19 PM
Hi this is Denise ( Dylan's mom),we have gotten thru a very difficult time, the service... My focus now is on catching these people who took away are loved one, Barry. I have contacted America's Most Wanted, Harvey Levin at tmz.com, cbs, abc,fox la, cnn,and klas Las Vegas for their assistance in helping us to notify the public of this horrible tragedy. I am trying very hard to stay strong for my son, so I can focus on getting this Fountain boat and persons caught. The entire Pendley family and friends want to thank every one who has tried and is still trying to get information on this accident.