PDA

View Full Version : ‘Pull ’em up or pay up’ is new law in Mansfield,LA - I AM ALL FOR IT !

32sunrkt
08-14-2007, 07:40 AM
I wish this would happen here in CA. This jail house culture/style just looks
absolutly horrible on the young perfectly good suburanites ....
------------------------------
‘Pull ’em up or pay up’ is new law in Mansfield
August 13, 2007
MANSFIELD — “Pull ‘em up or pay up.”
ThatÂ’s Police Chief Don EnglishÂ’s interpretation of a new law that takes effect in Mansfield on Sept. 15
Anyone caught wearing sagging pants who exposes his or her underwear will be subject to a fine of up to $150 plus court costs, or face up to 15 days in jail.
Mansfield aldermen voted unanimously at todayÂ’s 4:30 p.m. meeting to enact the new law.
The law makes it illegal to found in a “state of nudity, or partial nudity, or in any indecent exposure of his or her person or undergarments, or be guilty of any indecent or lewd behavior.”
City attorney Richard Z. Johnson Jr. said he used a similar law in Delcambre as a guideline in creating MansfieldÂ’s ordinance. Several municipalities and parish governments in Louisiana have enacted similar laws in recent months.

RitcheyRch
08-14-2007, 07:58 AM
I'm all for it

MADDOG355
08-14-2007, 08:42 AM
I like the Idea and reasoning behind the law but, It seems like it would be awfully easy to say it includes bikini, pastie, low cut tops. Just too much room for it to be overly applied.

havaduner
08-14-2007, 08:45 AM
While I agree these guys look really stupid, I'm not sure I want this type of a law going on the books, where will it end?

Chromegorilla
08-14-2007, 08:47 AM
Wow... that must be a fantastic place to live if the most pressing issue the town and police have to deal with is baggy pants. :rolleyes: What a jackass move.

RiverOtter
08-14-2007, 08:51 AM
Now they need to have a fine for people that wear those stupid, stiff hats and turn them sideways

HotRod82
08-14-2007, 08:57 AM
They would have to arrest my 73 year old dad for sure.......

Just Electric
08-14-2007, 08:59 AM
Feel free to give away your rights one at a time, then sit around stupefied when you don't have any.
yeah wut he said

Baja Big Dog
08-14-2007, 10:32 AM
Looks like the plumbing industry in Louisiana is gonna take a serious hit on this law!!!:D

Screaming Pete
08-14-2007, 10:36 AM
Mrs. flying Vee had better stay out of town:D

RiverToysJas
08-14-2007, 10:38 AM
:idea: So would this be a violation???
http://media.buzzhumor.com/7/Thong_Issues261d80.jpg
RTJas :D

Racey
08-14-2007, 10:38 AM
Let those dumbasses keep sagging their pants, it makes it easier for us to spot the idiots, and harder for them to run from the cops :D

RitcheyRch
08-14-2007, 10:42 AM
How about we just send them to Iraq.

WYRD
08-14-2007, 10:52 AM
in more ways then one, they are on wrong:)

Biglue
08-14-2007, 10:56 AM
in more ways then one, they are on wrong:)
Maybe she likes wearing them that way. :idea: :D
We all know you do. :jawdrop: :D :D

WYRD
08-14-2007, 10:58 AM
Maybe she likes wearing them that way. :idea: :D
We all know you do. :jawdrop: :D :D
don't be hatin fool:D

meaniam
08-14-2007, 10:59 AM
I like the Idea and reasoning behind the law but, It seems like it would be awfully easy to say it includes bikini, pastie, low cut tops. Just too much room for it to be overly applied.
don't forget the fine ass ladies with the low rider jeans and the high rise thong. that would be a shame to lose those sights here in California.
man i wish i was old enough to have gone to palm spring before bono passed the law, that dental floss would no longer be allowed as a bathing suit. now the town is just gay:D :mad:

lucky
08-14-2007, 11:03 AM
I wish this would happen here in CA. This jail house culture/style just looks
absolutly horrible on the young perfectly good suburanites ....
------------------------------
‘Pull ’em up or pay up’ is new law in Mansfield
August 13, 2007
MANSFIELD — “Pull ‘em up or pay up.”
ThatÂ’s Police Chief Don EnglishÂ’s interpretation of a new law that takes effect in Mansfield on Sept. 15
Anyone caught wearing sagging pants who exposes his or her underwear will be subject to a fine of up to $150 plus court costs, or face up to 15 days in jail.
Mansfield aldermen voted unanimously at todayÂ’s 4:30 p.m. meeting to enact the new law.
The law makes it illegal to found in a “state of nudity, or partial nudity, or in any indecent exposure of his or her person or undergarments, or be guilty of any indecent or lewd behavior.”
City attorney Richard Z. Johnson Jr. said he used a similar law in Delcambre as a guideline in creating MansfieldÂ’s ordinance. Several municipalities and parish governments in Louisiana have enacted similar laws in recent months.
what if you don't wear underwear ?
Although i really don't like that look . It is kind of against our admendments !
I mean if we can bear arms why not a little ass ? and think of all the thongs that will be covered up ?

Schiada76
08-14-2007, 11:04 AM
Feel free to give away your rights one at a time, then sit around stupefied when you don't have any.
HMMMMM and where exactly is this "right" in the constitution?

Biglue
08-14-2007, 11:16 AM
don't be hatin fool:D
Not hatin foo....just don't like seeing you parade around in your backwards thong. :D :D
Although i really don't like that look . It is kind of against our admendments !
I mean if we can bear arms why not a little ass ? and think of all the thongs that will be covered up ?
Unlike you, we're not much on some some dude's ass crack hanging out of his pants Lucky. This law only affects the 460 types of the world and fags like you. :D :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
08-14-2007, 11:21 AM
So you have no problem with your wardrobe being regulated by the government? :confused: don't get me wrong, that look is moronic but if they pass laws saying you cannot wear baggy pants, whats next?

pw_Tony
08-14-2007, 11:24 AM
So you have no problem with your wardrobe being regulated by the government? :confused: don't get me wrong, that look is moronic but if they pass laws saying you cannot wear baggy pants, whats next?
Exactly, this law is pressing our freedoms on what we can wear.

oldbuck40
08-14-2007, 11:24 AM
Lucky hit it dead on about the underwear!!!
Lol well if ya'll havent seen it in this particular town then you dont know whats going on! alot of the reason they wanted it stoped is some of these moron kids are running around with the pants so low their bizzness is showing:rolleyes: so yea i can see it being the right law at the right time.

Troy McClure
08-14-2007, 11:40 AM
That would be in the very first sentence of it:
We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Schiada76
08-14-2007, 11:46 AM
Maybe next they won't allow women to wear their T-shirts with the nipples cut out?:eek: :D
Where does it say in the constitution that we have to wear clothes at all?
Society has every "right" to regulate what is civil behavior.:rolleyes:

Schiada76
08-14-2007, 11:48 AM
That would be in the very first sentence of it:
We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
So you're saying he founding fathers penned that statement to insure scumbags can parade around with their asses hanging out?
So why do I have to wear clothes? Why can't I expose myself in public.:rolleyes: :D

Troy McClure
08-14-2007, 11:56 AM
So you're saying he founding fathers penned that statement to insure scumbags can parade around with their asses hanging out?
So why do I have to wear clothes? Why can't I expose myself in public.:rolleyes: :D
That same sentence says it all.
If the kids privates are showing, there (most likely) is already a law against that in their town.
If you're insinuating that the govt has the right to regulate clothing that hangs too low...well, I really doubt that the founding fathers had that in mind, just the opposite I would imagine.

eliminatedsprinter
08-14-2007, 12:06 PM
It seems to be a very LOOSE;) interpretation of the indecency laws. I hate that look, but this does not seem like it is something that could hold up to a court challenge, as it is very vague and subjective.

Jbb
08-14-2007, 12:11 PM
There is always an up side...I bet they cant run fast in them ...when the cops are chasing them....:D

Schiada76
08-14-2007, 12:14 PM
That same sentence says it all.
If the kids privates are showing, there (most likely) is already a law against that in their town.
If you're insinuating that the govt has the right to regulate clothing that hangs too low...well, I really doubt that the founding fathers had that in mind, just the opposite I would imagine.
So a law aginst nudity is fine with you but a law against saggin is not?
What if it's not ok with everyone else?
Society has every right to interpret and regulate what is decent or indecent. Doesn't it?

Devilman
08-14-2007, 12:17 PM
Lucky hit it dead on about the underwear!!!
Lol well if ya'll havent seen it in this particular town then you dont know whats going on! alot of the reason they wanted it stoped is some of these moron kids are running around with the pants so low their bizzness is showing:rolleyes: so yea i can see it being the right law at the right time.
I'll remember you said that next time you mention going to the beer store. You know, the one that has the hot young chix working there, with their asses hanging outta their shorts & their tits popping outta their shirts?
LOL :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-14-2007, 02:55 PM
Thank you. You are exactly right. Do we need a law for this? It's a fad. It will be gone eventually on its own (hopefully soon).

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-14-2007, 02:56 PM
Now they need to have a fine for people that wear those stupid, stiff hats and turn them sideways
LMAO!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-14-2007, 02:58 PM
Does she know her panties are on the wrong way? :jawdrop: Got the leg through the wrong hole! LOL
Yes, I know you can quote more than one post, but I'm posting as I'm reading, okay?! Besides, it helps with my post count. :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-14-2007, 03:07 PM
Okay, one more now that I've finished reading them all.
If a law like this can be passed, what about a bunch of prudy women rallying around and passing a law that would fine women if they wore too thin of shirts with no bra and one could see their breasts through the shirt? I know most men would not have a problem with that, but I'm sure some women are horrified when they see that. Like the woman in Arizona trying to outlaw the "naked" lady on the mudflaps. It could happen very easily. Even beer was illegal for several years in this country. We don't need more laws. We need parents to make sure their kids dress properly and know what's appropriate. I know they don't but that's where the responsibility lies.

RiverToysJas
08-14-2007, 03:14 PM
Does she know her panties are on the wrong way? :jawdrop: Got the leg through the wrong hole! LOL
:confused: They are???? :confused:
:idea: Can you show us how they should be? :D

jbone
08-14-2007, 04:03 PM
Thank you. You are exactly right. Do we need a law for this? It's a fad. It will be gone eventually on its own (hopefully soon).
Sagging has been around for over 20 years. That is NOT a fad.
I too think it looks ridiculous, and don't like it, but a law is not the way to handle it.
All they have to do is wear basketball shorts, like many already do, under their pants. Then when they sag, they are not showing undergarments or nudity.
This will be another victory for the ACLU.:mad:
J

YeLLowBoaT
08-14-2007, 04:08 PM
If that law were to go in to place here in sac... 2 things could happen.
1. We could pave the streets in gold.
or
2. the number of people successfully fleeing the cops on foot would go up.
I always love it when the guy is like 2 blocks head of the cops, then his pants fall down and thats how they catch him.

Schiada76
08-14-2007, 04:46 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and go with the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
Can you, in turn, point me to the section of the constitution that allows the government to dictate how I wear my pants?
I will go out on a limb and say the same part of the constitution that doesn't let me cut the ass cheeks out of my pants ala Prince and hang out in front of your daughter's school.:sqeyes: :jawdrop: :D
Society has the right to set standards of public decency, like it or not.

N281PONY
08-14-2007, 05:16 PM
I'm probably going to be torched for this but here goes: I live next to the town that also voted this law in. When you see these little runts running around with half their a$$ hanging out its not eye pleasing. Most have no JOB and collecting their monthly checks from us tax payers because they are a product of a 3rd generation welfare family. Come on its nice to get a little of our money back. Don't get me wrong...I am all about the thongs and I know most of the cops in town and if your a female with high riders on your safe. Just don't get mad if they whislte at you.

fundeck24
08-15-2007, 06:46 AM
Hourly rate for plumbers is goin up

JMC
08-15-2007, 08:52 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and go with the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
Can you, in turn, point me to the section of the constitution that allows the government to dictate how I wear my pants?
You should wear them like everyone else. If you want to parade around with them buttoned around your thighs do it in your home or your back yard. Losing Constitutional rights won't stem from a community saying WE are sick of this focking Gangsta Bull Shit! 99.9% of the people that fall in this category offer nothing but a burden for society!

FreshTracks
08-15-2007, 09:23 AM
You should wear them like everyone else. If you want to parade around with them buttoned around your thighs do it in your home or your back yard. Losing Constitutional rights won't stem from a community saying WE are sick of this focking Gangsta Bull Shit! 99.9% of the people that fall in this category offer nothing but a burden for society!
Maybe they don't want to look like everyone else. 99.9% of them are a burden to society? You have no clue, I have several friends who dress this way and are not trouble makers, have no arrest record, and make more money in three months than you do in a year( or two).
And besides, WHO CARES!! There are more things going on that the cops and society should be concerned about (ie:murder, robbery, etc.).

JMC
08-15-2007, 02:00 PM
Maybe they don't want to look like everyone else. 99.9% of them are a burden to society? You have no clue, I have several friends who dress this way and are not trouble makers, have no arrest record, and make more money in three months than you do in a year( or two).
And besides, WHO CARES!! There are more things going on that the cops and society should be concerned about (ie:murder, robbery, etc.).
Well what do you and your several friends do for a living?? Sell crack.... I know your not Doctor's or a Fireman a CPA or anyone that has to be presentable. I wouldn't even talk to you if you were selling a used car JACK! If you look like a thug then the laws of probability are going to include you as one. I bet you wouldn't walk in to a company seeking a REAL job dressed like that.
Please. That shit may fly in the hood, but it doesn't in THE REAL WORLD.

FreshTracks
08-15-2007, 02:55 PM
Well what do you and your several friends do for a living?? Sell crack.... I know your not Doctor's or a Fireman a CPA or anyone that has to be presentable. I wouldn't even talk to you if you were selling a used car JACK! If you look like a thug then the laws of probability are going to include you as one. I bet you wouldn't walk in to a company seeking a REAL job dressed like that.
Please. That shit may fly in the hood, but it doesn't in THE REAL WORLD.
What people wear to work and what people wear in their "free" time are two different things. No, they do not sell crack nor do I. One of my best friends is a FIREMAN/PARAMEDIC for a dept. in So. Cal. He has a ton of tattoo's and likes to sag his pants when he is NOT working. I bet you would be damn glad to see him if you or someone you cared about were in an accident. Another is in the computer business, pulls 7 figures and has a network of people that he does business with that would read a who's who of business. He wears a suit when he needs to, but then the rest of the time he looks like"thug" according to you. Don't judge a book by its cover, narrow minded thinking like that will hold you back.
And like I said before, WHO CARES! To each his own, more important things for our govt. to worry about.

JMC
08-15-2007, 04:00 PM
What people wear to work and what people wear in their "free" time are two different things. No, they do not sell crack nor do I. One of my best friends is a FIREMAN/PARAMEDIC for a dept. in So. Cal. He has a ton of tattoo's and likes to sag his pants when he is NOT working. I bet you would be damn glad to see him if you or someone you cared about were in an accident. Another is in the computer business, pulls 7 figures and has a network of people that he does business with that would read a who's who of business. He wears a suit when he needs to, but then the rest of the time he looks like"thug" according to you. Don't judge a book by its cover, narrow minded thinking like that will hold you back.
And like I said before, WHO CARES! To each his own, more important things for our govt. to worry about.
THE BOTTOM LINE IS: 1. Wearing your pants around your damn thighs is stupid. 2. You will appear to be a "thug" or "idiot" in the eyes of most people that see you. 3. You think it is cool to "sag your pants" but when you get a little older you will (probably) realize just how stupid it was. 4. You are modeling yourself after all the lowlifes that are basically warts on the ass of America. 5. I dont care how you or your 7 figure friend look or dress. Just pull your focking pants up man....if the world wants to see you ass we will ask!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-15-2007, 04:13 PM
"The clothes make the man." If a man chooses to dress like that, people will make judgements about him. If you don't like the negative judgements, don't dress like a loser. Yes, I said loser. Gangsters are losers, why would you want to dress like one? So people will think you look tough? I just think it makes one look like an f-in idiot. Pull your pants up like a man and buy some clothes that fit. If you don't mind if someone passes judgement, then go for it. But don't be surprised when the "adults" laugh their asses off as you go by.
Note: Not intended towards freshtracks personally, just towards the dorks who want to look like ex-cons. :rolleyes:
MMSW<-----still doesn't think there needs to be a law.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-15-2007, 04:16 PM
Yeah, then they will outlaw beer and we will have another influx of you americans here on our shores. :D
Hey, we were only there on business. You're welcome :D
BTW, how often do you go around and delete your posts? http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gifJust wondering if it was a once a week thing, or daily.

FreshTracks
08-15-2007, 04:54 PM
THE BOTTOM LINE IS: 1. Wearing your pants around your damn thighs is stupid. 2. You will appear to be a "thug" or "idiot" in the eyes of most people that see you. 3. You think it is cool to "sag your pants" but when you get a little older you will (probably) realize just how stupid it was. 4. You are modeling yourself after all the lowlifes that are basically warts on the ass of America. 5. I dont care how you or your 7 figure friend look or dress. Just pull your focking pants up man....if the world wants to see you ass we will ask!
Maybe some people don't care what others( strangers in particular) think about them. You dress a certain way and are comfortable doing so, however you may pass a group of individuals or a person who thinks you have no style and they laugh to themselves or roll their eyes when you walk by. Do you care? Prob not, and why should you, your happy and will continue to wear what YOU want. I personally don't wear mine like that and some of the guys that do are so extreme with it I find it humorous, but who the hell am I to tell someone what to and what not to wear?
Like I said before, don't be so judgmental and don't sweat the small $hit.
BTW, their style emulated from SKATEBOARDING, not gangbangers.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-15-2007, 05:06 PM
Maybe some people don't care what others( strangers in particular) think about them. You dress a certain way and are comfortable doing so, however you may pass a group of individuals or a person who thinks you have no style and they laugh to themselves or roll their eyes when you walk by. Do you care? Prob not, and why should you, your happy and will continue to wear what YOU want. I personally don't wear mine like that and some of the guys that do are so extreme with it I find it humorous, but who the hell am I to tell someone what to and what not to wear?
BTW, their style emulated SKATEBOARDING, not gangbangers.
The baggy legged pants came from skaters, but skaters had them belted at the waist when this fad started in the early 90s. Gangbangers are the ones who began showing off their boxers for every old lady and little kid to see. And I'd be careful using the word "style" LOL
p.s. Had to fix your grammar. Sorry, I couldn't help myself. It's a habit ;)

Moneypitt
08-15-2007, 06:01 PM
First, this is some small parish in La., second, I doubt there are any girls in thongs or pasties in town and if there were "Bubba" the cop aint going to harass them. Third, I would bet this is an attempt to keep the local youth away from the "gangsta" style, and later, lifestyle.....Low riding pants, on men/boys, dates back to the 50s, as does the baggy style of the late 40s and early 50s, long watch fob and all.......IMO, wear what you want, however you want, where ever you want......There really isn't an excess of humor in our current world and some of them are so funny looking, others, you just want to slap, drag them by the ear back to their mommas and then slap their momma for buying them that crap..............Will it stand up to legal muster? I doubt it, but how many of those punks, (in La.) are going to take a $150 fine all the way to the Surpreme Court?...............MP

JMC
08-15-2007, 07:20 PM
BTW, their style emulated from SKATEBOARDING, not gangbangers.
Hey, the majority of the folks "I see" wearing their pants this way are young. In young I mean maybe 20 and under. If your in that ballpark, I understand. I have done a little reading about about "saggin' my britches" :) since this thread started. I hear its really popular with the kids now in jr high and up. If you are not young, well....your acting it. How about a little Jack Handy speech to smooth thing over between us Mr. sagger...... Your good enough, your smart enough and dog gonnitt you want people to like you.......AND not think they have to shield the way you look from their kid because they dont want their youngster to also look like he just got back from Cummins picking Potato's for 36 months like some PIECE OF SHIT EX CON, GANGSTA WANNABE!