PDA

View Full Version : Tubes

ULTRA26 # 1
08-14-2007, 08:52 AM
What parent or adult would ever pull a tube, on the River, with young children in it, during a holiday type weekend. I must have seen 50 young tubers last weekend when the River was like being in bumper boats. I don't understand how anyone could be this foolish or ignorant with the lives of others, especially children.

Cole Trickle
08-14-2007, 09:03 AM
What parent or adult would ever pull a tube, on the River, with young children in it, during a holiday type weekend. I must have seen 50 young tubers last weekend when the River was like being in bumper boats. I don't understand how anyone could be this foolish or ignorant with the lives of others, especially children.
Parker is terrible for that.....Atleast 50 boats swerving from shoreline to shoreline around noon on the big weekends.
You just have to shake your head and keep an eagle eye out.

Jyruiz
08-14-2007, 09:05 AM
Guess it depends on what part of the lake, if I had to do it, I would go down by the Parker dam or the springs where traffic is not as bad. Otherwise, early in the morning and that is it. Remember, some folks can only get out there during those times, so one just has to be more careful than usual.

shippingguy
08-14-2007, 09:06 AM
I agee 100%. There is nothing wrong with tubing, wakeboarding, skiing etc. We should all be able to enjoy the river and what it has to offer whether it be for cruising, floating or the above mentioned, but please use some common sense. If I were a parent and when I am I would make sure that we got up very early before other boats were on the water or wait till sunset to go out and do some tubing or better yet finda little cove with some room to do so. Not while there are 100's of boats and lake lice cruising or flying by.
Also if the guy in the yellow wakeboard boat is on here with all your little buddies that decided to ALL FLIP MY WIFE and I OFF because I went passed them on the right and they decided to pull their wakeboarder out of the hole and pull right in front of me causing me to go farther into the shoreline of rocks. Go F@#K yourself and if that is not clear enough I will be at Moabi on Labor Day in the boat in my sig line and I will let you know then as well in person!!!
Mike

OCMerrill
08-14-2007, 09:27 AM
Oh yeah...that is strictly a mid week deal now a days.
Parker is a little different way of boating. One has to be used to the squeeze pass and constantly pay attention to the other guy even more so than Havasu. What is close on the lake is a mile of clearance on Parker. So tubing in the middle of that is nutz.
On certain parts of the strip it might be safer to have kids out there in the water. Tubing near the Castle Rock - River Lodge section of the river is a better choice but for the most part that is just asking for problems on a weekend.
The boat and lice traffic on an "off" weekend now is like a holiday weekend just a couple years back. We don't even drive the boat on Saturdays past 11:00 am on. Breakfast run to Roadrunner would be it. Stays on the hook the rest of the day.

Cole Trickle
08-14-2007, 09:28 AM
I agee 100%. There is nothing wrong with tubing, wakeboarding, skiing etc. We should all be able to enjoy the river and what it has to offer whether it be for cruising, floating or the above mentioned, but please use some common sense. If I were a parent and when I am I would make sure that we got up very early before other boats were on the water or wait till sunset to go out and do some tubing or better yet finda little cove with some room to do so. Not while there are 100's of boats and lake lice cruising or flying by.
Also if the guy in the yellow wakeboard boat is on here with all your little buddies that decided to ALL FLIP MY WIFE and I OFF because I went passed them on the right and they decided to pull their wakeboarder out of the hole and pull right in front of me causing me to go farther into the shoreline of rocks. Go F@#K yourself and if that is not clear enough I will be at Moabi on Labor Day in the boat in my sig line and I will let you know then as well in person!!!
Mike
Simmer down little guy simmer down:D;):devil:

shippingguy
08-14-2007, 09:37 AM
Simmer down little guy simmer down:D;):devil:
Yeah I know this keyboard makes me feel really tough!!!!!!!!!:D :) It was just one of those weekends on the water where that was the icing on the cake. Lots of idiots out there this time around.
Can't wait to get back out there for Labor Day though:D

hkunz
08-14-2007, 09:41 AM
We always wonder about those folks - the wakeboarders in traffic, the tubers in in traffic, the lake lice cutting accross in front of the boat - no matter if you are going 50 or 25, or if there are lots of boats out, or the folks who go DIW in the narrow part of the river to jump out and swim, and especially, in light of all the stuff I said, the folks who stop at Topock or Havasu watering holes with their nice boats and have a few beers.
You just gotta slow down where appropriate and drive the boat like you were commuting in LA - assume everyone else is an absolute idiot who just snorted several lines and washed them down with a quart of tequila while putting on thier makeup, rehearsing their lines, and talking on the cell phone. :rolleyes:

lalhc
08-14-2007, 09:44 AM
Every weekend I continue to question the stupidity of some pulling kids on tubes, ski's, and wakeboards through the busiest sections of the lake. I would never put either of my kids in that situation. I don't even let my teenage son ride our Sea Doo on weekends, and he can only ride that out of traffics way.

meaniam
08-14-2007, 10:29 AM
i think it is a judgement call, i would never put anyone in harms way. but will tow a kid slowly. we have taken all my nephews youngest 3 on a tube behind a boat. in circles in uncrowded area. my bro drove. and i dragged behind the tube going 5 mph or so. used up a 40 x 40 area or so.
it can be safe enough. you just need to make a judgement call.

Trailer Park Casanova
08-14-2007, 10:38 AM
One step furthur on your take,,,
Towing kids on a tube while participating in a poker run under those same conditions.
8-9 boats at a time rolling into-out of each leg/checkpoint on the run.
Crazy.
We don't tow holidays, Saturdays or events.

ULTRA26 # 1
08-14-2007, 01:47 PM
i think it is a judgement call, i would never put anyone in harms way. but will tow a kid slowly. we have taken all my nephews youngest 3 on a tube behind a boat. in circles in uncrowded area. my bro drove. and i dragged behind the tube going 5 mph or so. used up a 40 x 40 area or so.
it can be safe enough. you just need to make a judgement call.
Don't get me wrong. Kids can have a great time on a tube, and still be relatively safe. Last Sat. the wait for a safe entrance to go North from Mojabe was about 5 minutes. My point was that kids on tubes don't belong on the water with this many boats and PWC's. It's just plain irresponsible IMHO
One step furthur on your take,,,
Towing kids on a tube while participating in a poker run under those same conditions.
8-9 boats at a time rolling into-out of each leg/checkpoint on the run.
Crazy.
We don't tow holidays, Saturdays or events.
I agree.
I've always preferred weekdays in coves for tubing.

mbrown2
08-14-2007, 02:16 PM
You can pull tubes, wakeboarders and skiers....just need to pick your time of day and the location....there are pockets of time every Sat and Sun on the strip where it is safe for towing.......water is empty early, then there is a break in the action around lunch time, then around 6:30 it quiets down again....