PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here work for Rancho PD?

ChumpChange
08-14-2007, 01:31 PM
Brother is having neighbor problems. :mad:

barbigrl
08-14-2007, 01:51 PM
Brother is having neighbor problems. :mad:
Rancho Santa Margarita
Rancho Mirage
Rancho Cucamonga
I am sure there are more.....specify. :D

RiverToysJas
08-14-2007, 01:53 PM
Rancho Santa Margarita
Rancho Mirage
Rancho Cucamonga
I am sure there are more.....specify. :D
Thanks, I almost asked myself, but then I thought I was just the un-informed one.
RTJas :D

barbigrl
08-14-2007, 01:59 PM
Thanks, I almost asked myself, but then I thought I was just the un-informed one.
No prob!! :D

ChumpChange
08-14-2007, 02:00 PM
Didn't think that in depth. Rancho Fontucky, also knows as Rancho Cucamonga.

essexjet
08-14-2007, 02:03 PM
Didn't think that in depth. Rancho Fontucky, also knows as Rancho Cucamonga.
That would be SB Sheriff

ChumpChange
08-14-2007, 02:04 PM
He said it was Rancho Cucamonga PD. I though it was SBSO as well.

Havasu_Dreamin
08-14-2007, 02:10 PM
He said it was Rancho Cucamonga PD. I though it was SBSO as well.
I believe it is SBSD in cars that say both Rancho PD and SBSD, kind of weird but hey it is the IE...:D

wsuwrhr
08-14-2007, 02:17 PM
That would be Rancho Cucamonga PD.
SB sherriff covers the unincorporated areas of San Bernardino county

Havasu_Dreamin
08-14-2007, 02:23 PM
Not exactly..... (http://www.rcpolice.org/home.htm)

Thorsinc
08-14-2007, 02:24 PM
Rancho contracts to the SB Sheriffs, nice back seats:) .

wsuwrhr
08-14-2007, 02:27 PM
Not exactly..... (http://www.rcpolice.org/home.htm)
I guess as a life resident of the IE I wouldnt know any better.
Give them a call and see who shows up.
They sure don't smile much either.
Brian

RiverToysJas
08-14-2007, 02:28 PM
This is what he is showing you:
"Since incorporation in 1977, law enforcement services in the City have been provided through a contract with the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department."

wsuwrhr
08-14-2007, 02:30 PM
Laughs
thanks for the info, hopefully I'll never find out.:D :D

RiverToysJas
08-14-2007, 02:30 PM
They sure don't smile much either.
:idea: If you were a cop in the "909" would you have any reason to smile? ;)
And don't get technical about the 909,952, 9whatever....it's all just 909 to me. :D

wsuwrhr
08-14-2007, 02:36 PM
This is what he is showing you:
"Since incorporation in 1977, law enforcement services in the City have been provided through a contract with the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department."
Oh I can read Jason,
Regardless who is contracting to whom, I have never seen a car that said anything about SB sherriff on it when they showed up in Rancho.....say for loud parties, fireworks, general BS.
I believe San Antonio Heights uses SB Sherriff, but in Rancho, I have never seen it. I am not saying it isn't true, I have just never seen it. All the cars say Rancho Cucamonga PD.
But either way, this thread isn't about that.
Sorry I don't know anyone in the Rancho PD, believe me, if I did, they wouldn't be on my side.:D :D :D
Brian

wsuwrhr
08-14-2007, 02:37 PM
And don't get technical about the 909,952, 9whatever....it's all just 909 to me. :D
I remember when it used to be "nice", you know, when people from Orange County were too good live out here.
Brian

ChumpChange
08-14-2007, 02:41 PM
I believe San Antonio Heights uses SB Sherriff, but in Rancho, I have never seen it.
You are correct. SAH used the Sherriff although they are coming all the way from Mission Blvd if you call them. I just helped move some freinds in their new house in SAH and we talked to the "one" deputy that patrols there.
The car that came to my brothers house said Rancho Cucamonga.

wsuwrhr
08-14-2007, 02:46 PM
I used to live on the border of the Heights in Upland, I miss that town.
Someday I hope I can afford to move back.
They will like it up there.
Brian
You are correct. SAH used the Sherriff although they are coming all the way from Mission Blvd if you call them. I just helped move some freinds in their new house in SAH and we talked to the "one" deputy that patrols there.
The car that came to my brothers house said Rancho Cucamonga.

RiverToysJas
08-14-2007, 02:51 PM
I remember when it used to be "nice", you know, when people from Orange County were too good live out here.
Brian
It's OK Brian, some of us still are! :D

RiverToysJas
08-14-2007, 02:56 PM
Oh I can read Jason,
Regardless who is contracting to whom, I have never seen a car that said anything about SB sherriff on it when they showed up in Rancho.....say for loud parties, fireworks, general BS.
I believe San Antonio Heights uses SB Sherriff, but in Rancho, I have never seen it. I am not saying it isn't true, I have just never seen it. All the cars say Rancho Cucamonga PD.
Sorry I don't know anyone in the Rancho PD, believe me, if I did, they wouldn't be on my side.:D :D :D
Brian
I'm probably wrong ....but doesn't that star on every car door say: "Sheriff San Bernardino County" around it? It looks like the same star that's on their website to me.

Thorsinc
08-14-2007, 02:57 PM
Oh I can read Jason,
Brian
If your head gets slammed into the Sheriffs aka “PD” back door you may get a quick glance of Rancho Cucamonga, as your sliding off the car going towards the front you’ll see a badge logo and that where it is called out SB Sheriffs. :idea: I'll double check but this time it will be on a much easier / voluntarily approach to the vehicle.

socalmoney
08-14-2007, 02:58 PM
You sound like a character from the show "The OC" Why wouldn't a cop in the 909 have no reason to smile. As you infer, I would think it would be a great place to be a cop with an abundance of dirt bags to take to jail. Isn't that why people become cops. I would rather be a cop in the 909 than lets say Newport Beach.

wsuwrhr
08-14-2007, 03:01 PM
It's OK Brian, some of us still are! :D
Awesome, please stay where you are. :D :D

wsuwrhr
08-14-2007, 03:02 PM
I'm probably wrong ....but doesn't that star on every car door say: "Sheriff San Bernardino County" around it? It looks like the same star that's on their website to me.
Not saying it isn't true, but I have never seen it.

RiverToysJas
08-14-2007, 03:04 PM
You sound like a character from the show "The OC" Why wouldn't a cop in the 909 have no reason to smile. As you infer, I would think it would be a great place to be a cop with an abundance of dirt bags to take to jail. Isn't that why people become cops. I would rather be a cop in the 909 than lets say Newport Beach.
Typing from my office next to the Newport Beach Police Station as we post!!! :D
I was just joking!!! 909 Cops have a harder job than many LEO, God Bless them - and I mean that!!!

socalmoney
08-14-2007, 03:09 PM
Typing from my office next to the Newport Beach Police Station as we post!!! :D
I was just joking!!! 909 Cops have a harder job than LEO, God Bless them - and I mean that!!!
I wouldn't say their job is harder, I would say it is more fun. The cops who have the hardest job is LAPD. Everyone hates them and their command staff doesn't stick up for them. Hard spot to be in.

RiverToysJas
08-14-2007, 03:19 PM
Not saying it isn't true, but I have never seen it.
But you've lived there all your life??? :confused: ....OH.... :idea: ..can't read huh??? ;) It's OK, I understand. :D

wsuwrhr
08-14-2007, 06:33 PM
But you've lived there all your life??? :confused: ....OH.... :idea: ..can't read huh??? ;) It's OK, I understand. :D
Uh yea, not many people out here in the ghetto read well.
Ask Mrs BordsMJ how well I spell.
Brian

bigkyle
08-14-2007, 06:43 PM
From reading the posts, I'm not sure if the question about Rancho PD vs. SBSO was ever answered. The city of Rancho Cucamonga owns and operates a SBSO substation in Rancho. It is staffed under contract with SBSO members. The patrol cars all have the SBSO logo on them and also include the phrase "Rancho Cucamonga Police Department." It sounds more upscale I guess to have your own police department than have Sheriff patrol. But that is exactly what they are, the SBSO.

WishIknew
08-14-2007, 08:52 PM
909 AND PROUD!!!!!!!:sqeyes: :sqeyes:

ShanaBubble
08-14-2007, 09:04 PM
ChumpChange,
Your brother can go to the Rancho Courts and ask for a Civil Harrassment Order, much like a TRO, but its civil. See if your brother can obtain a fee waiver from the courts and if so he can have the Sheriff's Court Services serve the neighbor. If, he cant qualify for a waiver than anyone not a part of the action over the age of 18 can serve him. Make sure your brother gets the Proof of Service form from the courts so if a 3rd party person serves him that has to be filed with the courts 5 days before the hearing date. If you have any more questions just send me a PM. Hope it helps.
Shannon

fuzz
08-14-2007, 09:11 PM
Rancho Cucamonga has its own P.D, because it is an incorporated city, It contracts with the Sheriff to staff it. The chief of police is actually a Sheriff's captain. All the members of the P.D. are San Bernardino County Employees, the sworn guys, the guys with the badges and stuff are deputy sheriffs. There are alot of other contract city p.d.'s in the county, Hesperia, Apple Valley, Victorville, Adelanto, Needles, Yucaipa, Highland, Grand Terrace and Loma Linda are all contract with the county sheriff. The Cities like to have their own police cars, but the guys who drive them all have the same patches and badges, San Bernardino County Sheriff. Normally the sheriff is in charge of unincorporated county area and the jails. And in most counties the coroner is under that umbrella too. Police Departments have jurisdiction within City Limits, then you have state cops like the chippies.
Clear as mud?

fuzz
08-14-2007, 09:37 PM
hey whats the problem with the neighbors anyways? I could probably tell you what you could expect from the Police

Wizard29
08-15-2007, 05:41 AM
When I was working patrol for a Sheriff's Department, I worked at a station that served both unincorporated county area as well as a city. This particular city wanted their own police cars and even wanted deputies with different patches on their uniforms to indicate a city PD. The cars were painted entirely different.
On any given day, you could be assigned to work the city or the county. That meant you had to check out a city car and make sure you had the right shirt on with the right patches. Complete pain in the ass. If you requested backup at a call or just had a partner stop by to help you out, he/she was often in a car different than yours was and wearing patches different than yours were. Used to confuse the hell out of people and I don't know how many times I had to answer the question, "Hey, why is there a Sheriff's Deputy here when this is city area?"
So anyway, Rancho Cucamonga is the same situation. The county provides law enforcement services to the city under a contract. Under that contract, the city has apparently said they want cars specific to their city. I don't think Rancho Cucamonga went so far as to require different uniform patches though. If you look closely enough, all cars still say "San Bernardino County Sheriff" on them somewhere.
To answer the original question, you might try calling the Rancho Cucamonga station and see what advice they can give you on dealing with your neighbor problem. Unless it is an issue of urgency, don't call dispatch and have a unit come out. I used to hate that. The cop who responds probably won't be able to instantly un-f*ck what took weeks, months, or even years to f*ck up in the first place...

OGShocker
08-15-2007, 06:36 AM
LMAO!!!!

boats&bars
08-15-2007, 07:09 AM
Uh yea, not many people out here in the ghetto read well.
Ask Mrs BordsMJ how well I spell.
Brian
hey dude I read just fine.

ChumpChange
08-15-2007, 04:45 PM
My brother just bought a new home in a new development. The neighbor is an old man who has nothing better to do than stare out his windows and watch neighbors.
The guy created a small "dog run" on his front lawn and gave the dog access by cutting a hole in his block wall for the dog to get through. The dog now just sits there and barks at people for doing nothing.
So on Sunday, my brother is out washing his car and the dog just keeps on barking. My brother decides to go and introduce himself to the neighbor as well as the dog. As he is walking over to his neighbors house, he hears the guy yelling "Get the F off my lawn, stop harassing my dog" and other various profanities.
So yesterday my brother is chilling at home and suddenly Rancho PD / SBSO (however that argument on here has been resolved) shows up at his house as the neighbor called the cops on him. Basically the neighbor stated that my brother turn on his sprinklers whenever the neighbor parks his car in front of my brothers house. Well, my brother told the cop that he has never even seen the guys car in front of his house and even if it was, their on a timer. The neighbor stated my brother harasses his dog, plays the radio loud in his car while washing it(the radio only gets AM and the CD player is broken) and plenty other blatant lies.
Unfortunately, the officer(or deputy:D ) then tells my brother that if there is any confrontation, he is going to go to jail since my brother is basically a weight lifting monster and the neighbor is a 60yr old gimp(literally). I'm not sure if he paid attention to the situation and saw all the lies.
So if this neighbor keeps making up lies and making false reports to the police, my brother, one of the nicest guys around(unlike me) can end up in jail. It's pretty much a messed up situation.
ShanaBubble, would this fit that harassment situation?

ChumpChange
08-15-2007, 04:51 PM
Uh, your brother could avoid prison time by not getting into a physical confrontation with the neighbor. I know that pretty much goes without saying, but nobody is going to jail for using their sprinklers or yelling at a dog. Hell, if that cop would have shown up in my yard with that BS, I would have gone over and turned my sprinklers on.
That is true and my brother wouldn't swing at the guy. But if the guys says he did.....which I think might happen....well there you go.

Wizard29
08-15-2007, 05:03 PM
If the dog keeps barking, have him call animal control. First the old codger will get a warning, then a couple of fines, then doggie goes to a new "home."
Have your brother stay well away from the old guy's property - no need to add fuel to the fire. Even if the old guy lies, your brother cannot go to jail simply because there was a "confrontation." He can turn on his sprinklers whenever he wants. If whenever he wants happens to be when the old guy's car is out front, then so be it.
I think if the big issue here is the dog barking, then animal control is the solution...

CP Dad
08-15-2007, 07:16 PM
First of all, that charge would amount to a simple assualt not in the presence of the officer (misd), so he couldn't arrest him even if he wanted to. The jack ass would have to place him under citizen's arrest and sell the story to the cop. If the cop believed him (*which he/she most likely would not), he would be issued a cite and given a court date to show up. The good news, or bad news possibly, is that the jack ass would then be civily responsible for the arrest. Meaning, that your bro could sue his ass for false arrest after the case was dismissed, as it would be by the DA due to lack of evidence. Contrary to popular belief, most cops are not idiots and can look at a situation and pick out the most logical situation that occurred.
I think if the story is that your bro actually tried to strike clown, he would probably be missing a jaw right about now. In order to believe the neighbor's story, the cop would have to believe that your brother intended to assault the dude and failed at it. Not bloody likely.................
The cop probably told him that to prevent him from carrying on the altercation. As far as the dog, I would take the recoomendation of the civil rest order route. One other avenue might be to try animal control. They have strict criteria and you have to record the dog barking at various hours within a time period, but they will eventually take action.
Tell your bro to stay clear of this clown as he might be baiting him to do something and then come after him with a civil case...... Just my .02

fuzz
08-15-2007, 07:47 PM
Yup what CP dad said. Kudos to your brother trying to settle the problem without calling the cops. But since that failed if the dog is disturbing the peace he can keep calling the cops. Make sure he tells them he id willing to sign a complaint. They will issue the grump a citation. Also it would help to recruit other neighbors who are bothered by the dogs and have them complain too.
Sometimes neighbors suck.

PaPaG
08-16-2007, 12:29 AM
909 AND PROUD!!!!!!!:sqeyes: :sqeyes:
Im sure I know of someone that has ran from from them before...maybe a santa strker hmmmm :D